PDA

View Full Version : Hannity says "No New Ron Paul Threads !!!!

silvestris
06-14-2007, 10:26 AM
The great statist, Sean Hannity, has apparently ordered his hit man, Lee Kington to delete any new Ron Paul threads on the Sean Hannity discussion forums.

"Do not generate any new Ron Paul threads until further notice. If you do... they will be deleted, you may be subject to Mod action. For now... Ron Paul may be discussed in any of the three numbered Ron Paul threads.

This thread is the 'closing' of the situation that caused the prohibition to be temporarily installed.

http://hannity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257736

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincere Regards,
Lee Kington"

http://hannity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257743

Hannity is such a "Great American". Aren't we proud that we have him to protect us from having to think for ourselves.

Bob Cochran
06-14-2007, 10:29 AM
New Fred Thompson threads allowed and encouraged. And he hasn't even been in a debate yet.

CJLauderdale4
06-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Hey, let's flood his forum with negative threads on the supposed "top-tier" candidates. If we can't start Ron Paul threads, then we can start anti-Rudy McThomney threads, right?!??!

silvestris
06-14-2007, 10:40 AM
Above all, we must maintain our dignity, and that of Dr. Paul, in responding to the unfairness shown to Dr. Paul and his campaign by the media moguls. Channel your anger in a positive manner in favor of Dr. Paul and do not resort to name calling, even when apparently appropriate and especially tempting..

stalcottsmith
06-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Criticize ideas not people.

jd603
06-14-2007, 10:45 AM
I was waiting for them to stop the Ron Paul threads, hehe, they censor the hell out of their TV shows, why not their web sites?

ronpaulitician
06-14-2007, 10:53 AM
It's their site. As long as they allow you to post in the available Ron Paul threads, respect their site.

If Rudy's supporters came here and started creating so many threads about Rudy that they fill up the entire front page, we would probably institute a similar policy, as it would still allow Rudy supporters to post their opinions, while allowing Ron Paul threads to re-emerge.

CJLauderdale4
06-14-2007, 10:58 AM
It's their site. As long as they allow you to post in the available Ron Paul threads, respect their site.

If Rudy's supporters came here and started creating so many threads about Rudy that they fill up the entire front page, we would probably institute a similar policy, as it would still allow Rudy supporters to post their opinions, while allowing Ron Paul threads to re-emerge.

Really?? Rudy's law firm represents Rupert Murdoch and FoxNews. I'd honestly like to see if we can prove this to be true. Hannity shutdown Guiliani threads?!?! I'll believe it when I see it...

I agree with not attacking people. I say we attack the ideas and attach names of who support the bad ideas to the thread.

ronpaulitician
06-14-2007, 10:59 AM
Really?? Rudy's law firm represents Rupert Murdoch and FoxNews. I'd honestly like to see if we can prove this to be true. Hannity shutdown Guiliani threads?!?! I'll believe it when I see it.
I meant, if Rudy supporters came here, to ronpaulforums.com, and started generating endless "I love Rudy" threads.

JaylieWoW
06-14-2007, 11:02 AM
The great statist, Sean Hannity, has apparently ordered his hit man, Lee Kington to delete any new Ron Paul threads on the Sean Hannity discussion forums.

"Do not generate any new Ron Paul threads until further notice. If you do... they will be deleted, you may be subject to Mod action. For now... Ron Paul may be discussed in any of the three numbered Ron Paul threads.

This thread is the 'closing' of the situation that caused the prohibition to be temporarily installed.

Sincere Regards,
Lee Kington"

Hannity is such a "Great American". Aren't we proud that we have him to protect us from having to think for ourselves.

The above emphasized portion of this is nearly laughable. Define "mod" action. Is it some new form of government or something? Should I expect them to come blazing through my doors with machine guns or some such? Laughable, really laughable. :p

However, I respect that its "his" site and as with other sites that are completely "anti-Paul", I have no desire (other than to just pick a fight and be called a moron) to visit somewhere I'm not welcome.

I think a considerable amount of the hostility on the web due to the flooding of Paul posts have had a negative affect. Rather than introduce those who might initially be opposed (or willing to consider Paul a wacko) to new ideas, I find it backs them further into their corner and they don't care about listening any longer. It is absolutely VITAL to tone down things sometimes and rather than attack someone's position on something, ask them why they hold that position and make THEM do the work to defend it rather than you doing the work of tearing it down.

disciple
06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I meant, if Rudy supporters came here, to ronpaulforums.com, and started generating endless "I love Rudy" threads.

I understand if that was a forum for any of the other candidates, but Hannity is a pubic figure who claims to be a conservative, so he ought not to take sides.

But he is a shill, so we can't expect much.

Bob Cochran
06-14-2007, 11:09 AM
...make THEM do the work to defend it rather than you doing the work of tearing it down.
Kinda like trying to "make" a cat walk with a leash & collar...not gonna happen. No use trying to win them over. Most of those who are Hannity bobble-heads are the kinds of people who would never get what Ron Paul is all about. They're far gone, it's too late for them. This is a cynical attitude, I know, but it's my attitude.

I believe Hannity needs to be continually called out for the fascist chickenhawk he is. Is that a "classy" approach? No.

Would a classy approach have worked with, say, Hitler or Goebbels?

I know there's a strong current of thinking on this forum -- and bless those who think this way, because they are gentle souls and I cherish gentle souls -- that says, "We should be restrained and civil, as Dr. Paul is."

Well, that's not my personality. I'm scrappy and thorny and that's just me. And when this nation does have wars to fight, it's people like me you want doing it for you.

So, with all of my flaws, I will be giving money to the Ron Paul campaign, putting up signs, telling people about him, AND VOTING.

CAKochenash
06-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Kinda like trying to "make" a cat walk with a leash & collar...not gonna happen. No use trying to win them over. Most of those who are Hannity bobble-heads are the kinds of people who would never get what Ron Paul is all about. They're far gone, it's too late for them. This is a cynical attitude, I know, but it's my attitude.

cynical..perhaps, but I agree.

JaylieWoW
06-14-2007, 12:30 PM

I believe Hannity needs to be continually called out for the fascist chickenhawk he is. Is that a "classy" approach? No.

Would a classy approach have worked with, say, Hitler or Goebbels?

I know there's a strong current of thinking on this forum -- and bless those who think this way, because they are gentle souls and I cherish gentle souls -- that says, "We should be restrained and civil, as Dr. Paul is."

Well, that's not my personality. I'm scrappy and thorny and that's just me. And when this nation does have wars to fight, it's people like me you want doing it for you.

So, with all of my flaws, I will be giving money to the Ron Paul campaign, putting up signs, telling people about him, AND VOTING.

Nothing at all wrong with scrappy and thorny. I rather admire those qualities since I don't seem to be adept in imitating (or utilizing) them. ;)

I have found with my own personality that conversational questioning works better than outright thorniness. When someone is at ease and comfortable they are more naturally open to new ideas even if only the tiniest bit.

Different ways of approaching things BOTH of which have their place and purpose!

Swmorgan77
06-14-2007, 01:17 PM
Criticize ideas not people.

Agreed, deluge them with "non-interventionism" threads, "anti-IRS" threads and other key issues, then mention Ron Paul in the body or even not at all.

IRO-bot
06-14-2007, 01:57 PM
I was poking around the Hannity Forums. Those guys are scary. All they talking about it killing and if you don't support killing your Un-American and gay.

Bob Cochran
06-14-2007, 02:02 PM
All they talking about it killing and if you don't support killing your Un-American and gay.
Classic chickenhawk stuff.

"Uh, no, I never laid my butt on the line for my country, but I LOVE talking about killing, and acting tough, and how tough I'd be on those evil Muslims, and how I'd kill them, and how I don't care if I kill their children, and how I'd nuke 'em 'til they glow....but, um, no.....I was never in the military...why should that matter? Oh, uh, yes.........I COULD have served.....no medical condition or anything....why didn't I? All right, that's where I draw the line! My moderator will now ban you from the forum!"

Mattsa
06-14-2007, 02:12 PM

Sincere Regards,
Lee Kington"

STALINISM!

That's what this is.

Richandler
06-14-2007, 02:25 PM
Why are Ron Paul supporters on Hannity's forum anyway? Ron Paul supporters posting on that site are just looking to start trouble and that is not what we need in this campaign. If you want to support him go to neutral forums to sway people on the line. Don't go creating more tension with the Neo-Cons than there already is.

amonasro
06-14-2007, 02:53 PM
It's not such a bad thing. As in any forum, there are intelligent debates amongst the parroting, believe it or not people are open to new ideas over there.

lucky
06-14-2007, 03:35 PM
Why are Ron Paul supporters on Hannity's forum anyway? Ron Paul supporters posting on that site are just looking to start trouble and that is not what we need in this campaign. If you want to support him go to neutral forums to sway people on the line. Don't go creating more tension with the Neo-Cons than there already is.

I was a huge Hannity fan and belonged to his forum way before any of this RP stuff. I may have left that line of thinking and become disillusioned but we have all came to RP from many different political bents. Just like I am puzzled by the many seemingly political beliefs from many here.

I see that most there are still having the same ideas that were expressed for many years by Hannity. He wrote a best selling book by the way with the chicken hawk crap. It is his website and he can make any rules that he wants.

I also have been going there for awhile now and there are many Ron paul supporters there and have been. We have to play by the rules that are dealt us. At least we have a few threads there. I also agree that if any other candidates fans came here and started making a lot of pro threads of their candidates then they should be limited.

Hannity will lose this battle eventually and it will be all the sweeter when he does.

Bob Cochran
06-14-2007, 04:20 PM
Don't go creating more tension with the Neo-Cons than there already is.
If you were king and makin' the rules, I might heed ya. But I'd more likely to rebel against ya.

The neocons have declared war on the middle class (sound familiar? Lou Dobbs has a book out by that name), and I'm in battle mode. I've played by the rules all my life, and now my liberties are close to being removed, so I'm pi$$ed.

And I think more people should be.

Ron Paul is a gentlemen, he deserves credit for that. Some of us are rough around the edges. We're all different.

I don't cuss (much), I don't threaten anyone with violence...but I might let a derogatory name like "chickenhawk" or "fascist" drop here and there...I'm sincere and I think it's fine if those who would steal our freedoms see my justifiable ire.

Therion
06-14-2007, 05:28 PM
Oof. Four years ago I'd never have imagined that I'd hate Sean Hannity.

CJLauderdale4
06-14-2007, 05:36 PM

True, true...

I guess I'm just sick of swooning forum posts with no substance drooling all over "Rudy in a pink dress" and sleepy-eyd Fred.

lucky
06-14-2007, 05:42 PM
I really believe Rudy will not play well in the south and midwest and he will be daubing with tissue at his makeup eventually.