PDA

View Full Version : Al Awlaki's own words - Why They Hate The US

NathandWarren
10-02-2011, 08:33 AM
In case there was any doubt--

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSeyAQzSDqs&feature=related

Original_Intent
10-02-2011, 09:25 AM
The "terrorist" knows more about liberty than most Americans cheering his assassination.

specsaregood
10-02-2011, 09:27 AM
And if you read the comments on websites, people are under the impression this guy helped plan 9/11 with Bin Laden. Just like they thought Saddam Hussein did as well.

RonPaulCult
10-02-2011, 10:22 AM
I don't agree with throwing away our constitution and I don't believe in the "king's power" to assassinate fellow citizens......but let it be said early and clearly in this thread - this guy was a prick. Even though much of what he said in this video is true - he called for violence to "solve" these problems and I'm not down with that.

itsnobody
10-02-2011, 10:30 AM
How can anyone support al-Awlaki? He was a low-life terrorist or terrorist supporter

Rocket_pilot
10-02-2011, 10:32 AM
He was a prick. And he deserved to be reigned in and tried in a court of law.

LibertyEsq
10-02-2011, 10:33 AM
How can anyone support al-Awlaki? He was a low-life terrorist or terrorist supporter

I think most people are supporting the 5th Amendment, not al-Awlaki

BlackTerrel
10-02-2011, 10:34 AM
Why do we hate them?

Dr.3D
10-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Wow, so many in this thread repeating what they have been told to believe. The media has been telling us the guy is dirt and it seems many believe it. How about having a trial to determine the facts, rather than letting the White House and the media tell us he is guilty?

specsaregood
10-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Why do we hate them?

Guess that will come out in court...oh wait...

billjones
10-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Wow, so many in this thread repeating what they have been told to believe. The media has been telling us the guy is dirt and it seems many believe it. How about having a trial to determine the facts, rather than letting the White House and the media tell us he is guilty?

Indeed. However, let's not assume the justice system is fair and balanced, either.

Dr.3D
10-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Indeed. However, let's not assume the justice system is fair and balanced, either.

It's still better than letting one man make the decision to kill somebody.

specsaregood
10-02-2011, 10:44 AM
It's still better than letting one man make the decision to kill somebody.

And its getting to be a pattern here. They had bin laden, it seems reasonable they could have brought him back to face trial as well.

acptulsa
10-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Whenever someone gets killed on the way to court, I can't help but ask what he would have said in his own defense and who would have been hurt by it.

The truth comes out in trials, not at funerals.

klamath
10-02-2011, 10:48 AM
and once again this is why it always come back to bit us. Instead of keeping the issue to the 5th amendment people try and make heros out of people that are vehemently anti American. "Why the world hates America?" Maybe we should hate the world because there is no other country in the world that doesn't have it's crosses to bear.

TheDriver
10-02-2011, 10:48 AM
This man was killed for speech against Uncle Sam, nothing more...nothing less. And for that we should all be up in arms.

cubical
10-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Good video. I wish we could incorporate a short 10 second clip of this into one of Ron Paul's ads, but I feel like the sheep would take offense to it.

sailingaway
10-02-2011, 10:53 AM
I don't think quoting terrorists as authority helps our cause. I'd rather quote the CIA.

And Ron.

specsaregood
10-02-2011, 10:54 AM
I don't think quoting terrorists as authority helps our cause. I'd rather quote the CIA.
And Ron.

That may be true, but it sure looks like he was killed for what he said; if that is the case then isn't it worth finding out what he said so that we don't risk saying the same things? I mean, hell; if you can get assassinated by the president over speech, then I sure as want to know what not to say.

Diurdi
10-02-2011, 10:55 AM
How can anyone support al-Awlaki? He was a low-life terrorist or terrorist supporter I doubt anyone supports him. People are simply disgusted by how he was killed, and the slippery slope the US embarking on.

ItsTime
10-02-2011, 10:57 AM

I don't think anyone is?

specsaregood
10-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I don't think anyone is?

I support his right to a trial and freedom of speech; but not him directly.

Captain Shays
10-02-2011, 12:45 PM
The video stopped before we could hear how they hate us for our freedom and mini skirts.

HeyArchie
10-02-2011, 12:55 PM
I don't quite understand the fear of quoting and referring to the terrorists on this subject. They are the ones committing the acts. They know why they're doing it. Why wouldn't we listen to them? If we'd listen to them, we'd save thousands of lives.

That's why when RP quotes OBL I didn't think it was a big deal. I think it's important to listen to what they have to say. Like it or not, they've made themselves important because we've given them so much attention.

Why is it okay that we can kill civilians over there? I think both sides are wrong. That's why I'm against the wars. The problem is that we are at war with an idea, not a nation, not even so much the "group" that is Al-Qaeda or the Taliban or whatever. The name of the group doesn't matter... it's the idea we're at war with. We can't defeat the idea. New terrorists are brought up every day to follow in their family's footsteps. We can get rid of certain groups, but in my opinion the idea will never leave this earth until the end of time. The same thing goes for all other bigoted views. They don't go away. You can kill everyone who believes them, but the ideas stay.

Dr.3D
10-02-2011, 12:57 PM
I support his right to a trial and freedom of speech; but not him directly.

Thus the rub.... I would guess most people don't understand the difference.

klamath
10-02-2011, 01:00 PM
I agree with most of your post but I have to ask you do you believe GW's reasons for going to war was because "they hate us for our freedoms"?

jason43
10-02-2011, 01:12 PM
I think 'terrorist' groups would accomplish a lot more through non-violence than murdering people. They have legitimate complaints but their cause is betrayed by the whole mass murder of random people thing.

I think that some of the groups in Iraq are starting to embrace this tactic. A lot more can be accomplished through non-violence than through attacks because the attacks can be used as a justification for even more oppression and intervention.

jasonxe
10-02-2011, 01:32 PM
I think 'terrorist' groups would accomplish a lot more through non-violence than murdering people. They have legitimate complaints but their cause is betrayed by the whole mass murder of random people thing.

I think that some of the groups in Iraq are starting to embrace this tactic. A lot more can be accomplished through non-violence than through attacks because the attacks can be used as a justification for even more oppression and intervention.

Are we going to start a non violent protest if china invades us XD.

NJames
10-02-2011, 01:47 PM
I think 'terrorist' groups would accomplish a lot more through non-violence than murdering people. They have legitimate complaints but their cause is betrayed by the whole mass murder of random people thing.This should be an article in the Onion.

wrestlingwes_8
10-02-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't quite understand the fear of quoting and referring to the terrorists on this subject. They are the ones committing the acts. They know why they're doing it. Why wouldn't we listen to them? If we'd listen to them, we'd save thousands of lives.

That's why when RP quotes OBL I didn't think it was a big deal. I think it's important to listen to what they have to say. Like it or not, they've made themselves important because we've given them so much attention.

Why is it okay that we can kill civilians over there? I think both sides are wrong. That's why I'm against the wars. The problem is that we are at war with an idea, not a nation, not even so much the "group" that is Al-Qaeda or the Taliban or whatever. The name of the group doesn't matter... it's the idea we're at war with. We can't defeat the idea. New terrorists are brought up every day to follow in their family's footsteps. We can get rid of certain groups, but in my opinion the idea will never leave this earth until the end of time. The same thing goes for all other bigoted views. They don't go away. You can kill everyone who believes them, but the ideas stay.

+rep

Oddone
10-02-2011, 02:42 PM
Anwar sounds like a lot of us... We created this with our foreign Policy, he talks about how we will spend our selfs into a hole with these wars and corrruption we spread around the world. How is us causing collateral damage to civilians any different than them, fighting back and or killing a US civilian?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpBFDzT1gEU

febo
10-02-2011, 02:43 PM
As Tony Bennett asked - who are the terrorists?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4x9QvkoCog

jason43
10-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Haha, I was talking more about 9/11 style attacks than about resistance to the wars.

bamafanmco
10-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Are we going to start a non violent protest if china invades us XD.

^This^

Demigod
10-02-2011, 03:55 PM
I as my nation have felt the power of your military so what I am going to wright next I hope will make you understand at least a litle of what is the situation on the other "terrorist" side.Some of the post will be relevant for this topic but some parts will not but are needed to clarify some things.

First I am not a Muslim I am an atheist from an ex-Communist country lived for 10 years in the US then went back when in my homeland was destroyed by nationalists backed by the Western powers (Yugoslavia).

I was in 2 of the armed conflicts ,the bombing of Yugoslavia by NATO and an Muslim insurgency started in my home country backed by Western Support.

The more relevant to the topic is the bombing of Yugoslavia by NATO when half the world bombed a 10 million country for 3 months.And believe me those smart bombs are not smart as they make them be.I dont want to brag ,but in 3 months of bombing almost none of my unit armaments were destroyed except for a supply truck that was targeted on the road.On the other hand NATO planes successfully destroyed 2 local factory`s, started a number of fires with their bombs in forests,burned all most all the crops just before harvest and killed 6 fireman who tried to put out one of the fires.This does not make the bombing easy.For 3 months I didnt know what fire was.Any kind of heat was not allowed.The AA units hid their guns in pools covering the barrels with wet blankets vile setting gasoline on fire away from the AA so to avoid being targeted by heat missiles.

The 3 months of bombing broke everyone`s nerves.At the last month one of the local soldiers even accused me of being a spy for you (cause i came as a volonteur from another country) and we had a guy who each day started with a prayer for you to attack on the ground so we can finally have a war as he said).This were the guys who took this in a good way,the ones who were not as lucky as a retired pilot from the capital who lost his entire family in a bombing of a residential building took a MIG-21 and flew street level until Albania where he crushed it in a an airfield full of Apaches of course never reported in the MsM as well as many others who started flying their planes into any NATO ship in the Adriatic.If this guys could they would have slammed into the WTC towers without thinking about it.

Now this with what the current US government would say terrorists and the use of suicidal bombers.And everyone would scream dirty Muslims.No this were Christians who served as proud members of the military,officers, man who had family`s and suddenly all was being taken away by a force that they could not see and fight against cause of superior technology.

Now Yugoslavia was bombed for 3 months,the middle east has been bombed for the past 10+, and generally has been fucked up by everyone for the past 100 years.This guys are desperate,if they had the weapons they would fight the US military on a field with all honors but they don`t.They barely have shoes.They dig up bullets left by the soviet`s so they can fire it at a truck from 2 km not hitting anything and then run.

They are in the very basic meaning of the word DESPERATE.And they use Islam as the main weapon against the US cause for the moment this has been the only weapon to make you leave (Iran).My country was 500 YEARS under Muslim/Turkish slavery and we know what is desperation , in the biggest desperation to turn the view of the word of the world towards our problems so someone would help us our "terrorists" bombed the postal office,police station and sunk 3 ships in a city in what was then the Ottoman Empire.

I DO NOT APPROVE THIS THINGS IN ANY CASE, BUT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THIS PEOPLE ARE DESPERATE.

You have been in Afghanistan for 10 years now,in 6 years there will be a whole youth born there under your occupation who is again desperate and will be a huge field of recruiting for the Al`Queda.This kids will know only war and desperation,life will have no meaning to them cause they will never have had happiness,so dying will have no meaning either cause they have never lived.

This kids dont hate being free and having what to eat and drink.They hate what your military represents there for them MISERY AND DEATH.

When I ran on a video of Ron Paul in 2008 i was amazed that there are people and even hing ranking politicians who understand what is the real problem.

People don`t hate the USA,people hate your foreign policy always telling people what to do.

As i have read most of the people who object to Ron Paul`s foreign policy do it cause as they say the world will explode with wars,and the are correct.

The world will explode with wars cause you continued the British foreign police of making the strong nations in a region weak by supporting a group or a minority in the nation to oppress the majority.

Yes the Talibans will win in Afghanistan
Yes China will conquer Taiwan
Yes the Saudi and all those monarchies will fail
A war in Europe will start or at least the EU will fall apart cause Eastern Europe has had enough from the arrogant French and English ( the Germans are the only big nation in Europe that has a good relation with everyone )
My homeland will probably be in a war as well.
Israel will not be destroyed cause it is more powerful than all the surrounding country`s combined

But I will tell you this at least when the wars start we would be able to die fighting and not like now when we are basically waiting to be killed like sheep.Also everything will end in 3-5 years the most.This way you are just building up anger in everyone.And in the end all of this will happen cause either you will get your troops home by your own will and the world will respect you once more or you will go bankrupt and then the world will literally explode in wars.

I have nothing against the US i love your constitution and what it represents but your foreign involvement.

I do not know how much you will understand how the other side feels from this and their motives but i hope it will help a litle,also I hope you wont ban me on this forum cause i have fought against you military :D

Lucille
10-02-2011, 03:58 PM
"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all."
--H. L. Mencken

10-02-2011, 04:02 PM
This guy was a lot more than meets the eye in that video. He was no supporter of "freedom or human rights," as he said, if you really put pen to paper.

But I think the important thing is noting that he does lay out a few significant issues regarding why Muslims are upset with the United States (particularly, our support of particular regimes in the Middle East). If our policies would reflect more of an understanding of that, we would be far safer.

GreenBulldog
10-02-2011, 04:16 PM
I think most people are supporting the 5th Amendment, not al-Awlaki

Exactly.

We're not defending him. We're defending the 5th, which means we're defending us.

jasonxe
10-02-2011, 04:32 PM
let us not forget the tiny little us code 1481 #7 (http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/8/1481.html)

cucucachu0000
10-02-2011, 04:42 PM
idk know what to think about this guy, i know if he killed someone i know id hate him but i understand where there coming from. i hate that our govt has put WE THE PEOPLE in a position to be killed by these people.

acptulsa
10-02-2011, 04:47 PM
When I ran on a video of Ron Paul in 2008 i was amassed that there are people and even hing ranking politicians who understand what is the real problem.

Just as they don't tell you we exist, they don't tell us what they're doing to you. So, as you see the people who support this imperialism, you must understand that they know not what they do. We go to some lengths to get the real story, and thus we can judge the government's actions based on the reality of them. To do this doesn't occur to everyone in the country. It would not change some minds, but it would change many, many minds. That's why we're here, and what we're trying to do.

So, we're being told we're hated for our freedoms, and giving up our freedoms because of it. But in fact, we're hated for doing things that are despicable, and which most Americans wouldn't sanction--in fact, they find them so despicable that they'd rather live in denial than admit to themselves that these things are being done by people we vote for and pay taxes to.

I guess many Americans just can't handle the truth. I would that the people you left behind in Yugoslavia had the luxury of living in denial of that truth...

heavenlyboy34
10-02-2011, 04:48 PM
He was no more of a terrorist than the war mongers in the US government. At least al-Awlaki only attacked people for a good reason. (not to say he was Mr Virtue, or anything, of course)

fisharmor
10-02-2011, 04:52 PM
That may be true, but it sure looks like he was killed for what he said; if that is the case then isn't it worth finding out what he said so that we don't risk saying the same things? I mean, hell; if you can get assassinated by the president over speech, then I sure as want to know what not to say.

Hey, I have an idea: maybe we could even write it down.
Maybe we could all agree as a society that the things that we write down are going to be how the government behaves.
We could even call the things that we write down "law" and refer to the government only doing the things written down as "rule of law".

Or maybe we could all realize that we got here because the people in power don't give a shit what was written down or what anyone says.
It's not in their interest to let us know what we can get assassinated for.
This makes it harder to assassinate.
I'm thinking easy assassinations is the point.

klamath
10-02-2011, 04:54 PM
I as my nation have felt the power of your military so what I am going to wright next I hope will make you understand at least a litle of what is the situation on the other "terrorist" side.Some of the post will be relevant for this topic but some parts will not but are needed to clarify some things.

First I am not a Muslim I am an atheist from an ex-Communist country lived for 10 years in the US then went back when in my homeland was destroyed by nationalists backed by the Western powers (Yugoslavia).

I was in 2 of the armed conflicts ,the bombing of Yugoslavia by NATO and an Muslim insurgency started in my home country backed by Western Support.

The more relevant to the topic is the bombing of Yugoslavia by NATO when half the world bombed a 10 million country for 3 months.And believe me those smart bombs are not smart as they make them be.I dont want to brag ,but in 3 months of bombing almost none of my unit armaments were destroyed except for a supply truck that was targeted on the road.On the other hand NATO planes successfully destroyed 2 local factory`s, started a number of fires with their bombs in forests,burned all most all the crops just before harvest and killed 6 fireman who tried to put out one of the fires.This does not make the bombing easy.For 3 months I didnt know what fire was.Any kind of heat was not allowed.The AA units hid their guns in pools covering the barrels with wet blankets vile setting gasoline on fire away from the AA so to avoid being targeted by heat missiles.

The 3 months of bombing broke everyone`s nerves.At the last month one of the local soldiers even accused me of being a spy for you (cause i came as a volonteur from another country) and we had a guy who each day started with a prayer for you to attack on the ground so we can finally have a war as he said).This were the guys who took this in a good way,the ones who were not as lucky as a retired pilot from the capital who lost his entire family in a bombing of a residential building took a MIG-21 and flew street level until Albania where he crushed it in a an airfield full of Apaches of course never reported in the MsM as well as many others who started flying their planes into any NATO ship in the Adriatic.If this guys could they would have slammed into the WTC towers without thinking about it.

Now this with what the current US government would say terrorists and the use of suicidal bombers.And everyone would scream dirty Muslims.No this were Christians who served as proud members of the military,officers, man who had family`s and suddenly all was being taken away by a force that they could not see and fight against cause of superior technology.

Now Yugoslavia was bombed for 3 months,the middle east has been bombed for the past 10+, and generally has been fucked up by everyone for the past 100 years.This guys are desperate,if they had the weapons they would fight the US military on a field with all honors but they don`t.They barely have shoes.They dig up bullets left by the soviet`s so they can fire it at a truck from 2 km not hitting anything and then run.

They are in the very basic meaning of the word DESPERATE.And they use Islam as the main weapon against the US cause for the moment this has been the only weapon to make you leave (Iran).My country was 500 YEARS under Muslim/Turkish slavery and we know what is desperation , in the biggest desperation to turn the view of the word of the world towards our problems so someone would help us our "terrorists" bombed the postal office,police station and sunk 3 ships in a city in what was then the Ottoman Empire.

I DO NOT APPROVE THIS THINGS IN ANY CASE, BUT YOU MUST UNDERSTAND THIS PEOPLE ARE DESPERATE.

You have been in Afghanistan for 10 years now,in 6 years there will be a whole youth born there under your occupation who is again desperate and will be a huge field of recruiting for the Al`Queda.This kids will know only war and desperation,life will have no meaning to them cause they will never have had happiness,so dying will have no meaning either cause they have never lived.

This kids dont hate being free and having what to eat and drink.They hate what your military represents there for them MISERY AND DEATH.

When I ran on a video of Ron Paul in 2008 i was amassed that there are people and even hing ranking politicians who understand what is the real problem.

People don`t hate the USA,people hate your foreign policy always telling people what to do.

As i have read most of the people who object to Ron Paul`s foreign policy do it cause as they say the world will explode with wars,and the are correct.

The world will explode with wars cause you continued the British foreign police of making the strong nations in a region weak by supporting a group or a minority in the nation to oppress the majority.

Yes the Talibans will win in Afghanistan
Yes China will conquer Taiwan
Yes the Saudi and all those monarchies will fail
A war in Europe will start or at least the EU will fall apart cause Eastern Europe has had enough from the arrogant French and English ( the Germans are the only big nation in Europe that has a good relation with everyone )
My homeland will probably be in a war as well.
Israel will not be destroyed cause it is more powerful than all the surrounding country`s combined

But I will tell you this at least when the wars start we would be able to die fighting and not like now when we are basically waiting to be killed like sheep.Also everything will end in 3-5 years the most.This way you are just building up anger in everyone.And in the end all of this will happen cause either you will get your troops home by your own will and the world will respect you once more or you will go bankrupt and then the world will literally explode in wars.

I have nothing against the US i love your constitution and what it represents but your foreign involvement.

I do not know how much you will understand how the other side feels from this and their motives but i hope it will help a litle,also I hope you wont ban me on this forum cause i have fought against you military :D
I was dead set against getting involved in any of the yugoslavian conflicts and I whole hardily condemed Clinton for the bombing campaign against Serbia but I will say you would have made a better point if you didn't come off as a strong nationist and could admit you country did some pretty horrible things as well. Little farms on top of mountains didn't need to be burned and mined. People are people the world over and can do terrible things including the Serbian army. I have seen what went on in the former yugoslavia and it is a sad sad story from all sides.

amonasro
10-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Powerful words, Demigod. Thank you for sharing your perspective and experience.

dolphin
10-02-2011, 05:00 PM

Are Americans any less guilty of being terrorist supporters by allowing the Military Indistrial Complex reign over over our government in the service of the Bilderbergers move towards World Government?

One mans terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

This man did not engage in any terrorism. He invoked his right to free speech.

If he was guilty of sedition he should been put on trial. Not assassinated.

musicmax
10-02-2011, 05:07 PM

No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

dolphin
10-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Jake Tapper vs. Jay Carney on the Al-Awlaki Hit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6bgwZGZiIo&feature=player_embedded#!

Demigod
10-02-2011, 05:22 PM
I was dead set against getting involved in any of the yugoslavian conflicts and I whole hardily condemed Clinton for the bombing campaign against Serbia but I will say you would have made a better point if you didn't come off as a strong nationist and could admit you country did some pretty horrible things as well. Little farms on top of mountains didn't need to be burned and mined. People are people the world over and can do terrible things including the Serbian army. I have seen what went on in the former yugoslavia and it is a sad sad story from all sides.

I did not say we did good stuff i don`t say we were the good guys.We dont really have the good guys bad guys way of judging about things.

I personally was opposed to many of the stuff that happened, the crazy-president Milosevic who started everything was going to be taken down in any case by the people later.

The problem is why you got involved?

Do you understand now that you will have to defend the place you took from them ( Kosovo, I am not serbian by the way).The people of the region waited for 500 years to get free from the Turks do you think that just cause you said that Kosovo is not theirs it will change something.

They will wait for 100-200 years if it is necessary and the moment you show weakness they will attack and try to reclaim it.This is simply how everyone thinks.And cause you again backed the weaker side the moment you decide to leave it will be a bloodbath.

Last time they tried to move them,this time they are angry as hell + add all the anger that will build over the years until you pull out.When they will go in next time it will be horrible.

This may look barbaric to you.But in Europe and Asia where civilization has existed for thousands of years land is sacred because too much blood has been spilled over it by now.Thousands have died for every meter of land.When a region is lost here the memory of all the people who died for it is tarnished.

As the people say here "The dead roll in their graves".

You see a hill we see 3 big battles,many treason's and a place a village was built at least 5 times trough history.
You see a city we see a city our ancestors have rebuilt for at least 100 times cause it was destroyed by someone.

Also the biggest problem we have is when the "BIG" powers start to meddle in our problems.Cause we know we cant beat each other.We have tried for the past 1000 years.We are "unbeatable" .In 1000 years we have had 3000+ wars and still every nationality still stands.The Spanish killed everyone in America in less than a 100.
We take and lose regions but still all its temporary.

The problem comes when the US or Britain or France or Germany or Russia comes and starts supporting one of the sides so it can beat the other one and the real butchering begins.

Today all of the people in the region are starting to realize that we need to unite and the wars must end.But Western Europe and the US continue with support of some countries to stop the uniting.Because western Europe has never been interested in a strong Eastern Europe and you as we think for money.

ZanZibar
10-02-2011, 06:36 PM
This guy is worth studying just to see if he has consistency of message, or if he talked out of both sides of his mouth (what did he say when it was said in Arabic?)

klamath
10-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I did not say we did good stuff i don`t say we were the good guys.We dont really have the good guys bad guys way of judging about things.

I personally was opposed to many of the stuff that happened, the crazy-president Milosevic who started everything was going to be taken down in any case by the people later.

The problem is why you got involved?

Do you understand now that you will have to defend the place you took from them ( Kosovo, I am not serbian by the way).The people of the region waited for 500 years to get free from the Turks do you think that just cause you said that Kosovo is not theirs it will change something.

They will wait for 100-200 years if it is necessary and the moment you show weakness they will attack and try to reclaim it.This is simply how everyone thinks.And cause you again backed the weaker side the moment you decide to leave it will be a bloodbath.

Last time they tried to move them,this time they are angry as hell + add all the anger that will build over the years until you pull out.When they will go in next time it will be horrible.

This may look barbaric to you.But in Europe and Asia where civilization has existed for thousands of years land is sacred because too much blood has been spilled over it by now.Thousands have died for every meter of land.When a region is lost here the memory of all the people who died for it is tarnished.

As the people say here "The dead roll in their graves".

You see a hill we see 3 big battles,many treason's and a place a village was built at least 5 times trough history.
You see a city we see a city our ancestors have rebuilt for at least 100 times cause it was destroyed by someone.

Also the biggest problem we have is when the "BIG" powers start to meddle in our problems.Cause we know we cant beat each other.We have tried for the past 1000 years.We are "unbeatable" .In 1000 years we have had 3000+ wars and still every nationality still stands.The Spanish killed everyone in America in less than a 100.
We take and lose regions but still all its temporary.

The problem comes when the US or Britain or France or Germany or Russia comes and starts supporting one of the sides so it can beat the other one and the real butchering begins.

Today all of the people in the region are starting to realize that we need to unite and the wars must end.But Western Europe and the US continue with support of some countries to stop the uniting.Because western Europe has never been interested in a strong Eastern Europe and you as we think for money.Good points. We shouldn't have gotten involved is the plain answer. I hated what was going on there just from the human suffering standpoint but we can't understand the conflict and the bitterness that goes back thousands of years. Sure we may pat ourselves on the backs for stopping the killing for now but in the long run we may have made it worse when the bitterness erupts again. If every country in the world would learn nonintervention it would be a lot better place.

dannno
10-02-2011, 07:54 PM
I don't agree with throwing away our constitution and I don't believe in the "king's power" to assassinate fellow citizens......but let it be said early and clearly in this thread - this guy was a prick. Even though much of what he said in this video is true - he called for violence to "solve" these problems and I'm not down with that.

He was a prick. And he deserved to be reigned in and tried in a court of law.

Do any of you guys have any actual proof of what you are saying?

In the video he said that all of the millions of innocent lives lost in Iraq and thousands of innocent lives in Palestine don't justify ONE innocent life of someone in NYC.