PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Campaign Speech in New Hampshire (Leap for Liberty Event) [Video]

sailingaway
10-02-2011, 03:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-mVNYqNkZU&feature=youtu.be&a

orenbus
10-02-2011, 04:03 AM
Something I learned from this video that I'm not sure has been covered yet:

At one point someone asked the question on forums for a friend that was in the service. If Ron Paul is elected when all the troops are brought back home does that mean the soldiers will be discharged from duty immediately?

At 34:30 he talks about how in time there would be attrition but you don't have to put out the members out of the service immediately. I'm curious if anyone has any more information regarding this answer or previous statements made by Ron Paul on the topic. My brother is in the Army and he has been a strong supporter since 2007, however I think some in the service would be curious about this and what it means immediately for them and long term.

I am glad to see that he's touching on this subject in more depth talking about the perception of bringing troops home and what that means in terms of employment nationally and from a historic perspective.

sailingaway
10-02-2011, 04:13 AM
I've heard him say repeatedly that the economic benefit would be their spending their salaries here, and my belief was that he was recognizing that there were contracts involved, essentially, you fulfill them here, not abroad. He thinks that just that move alone will create huge economic stimulus here. He has mentioned that Germany etc like our having bases there because these people spend money there, which of course is lost to our economy.

them spending that money here, buying food, clothes, entertainment, furniture etc here would create jobs here. Over time, I'm sure the number of people in the service would go down, but the stimulus effect would have occurred first.

I can't say I've heard him say more than a paragraph or two on it though.

orenbus
10-02-2011, 04:45 AM
At 51:00 a man in the audience brings up the point of why politicians in Washington, those that are directly responsible for the housing bubble and its effects, are not held accountable through at minimum a censure. The suggestion the man makes in the audience about Ron Paul bringing this up as a topic for discussion I think is a good one, especially considering how recently polls showing 80%+ of the people having a lack of confidence in Washington. This would most likely score huge points considering I don't think any of the others in the race would be ready to speak about this openly.