PDA

View Full Version : Should we make posters of the "War is Over.. if you want" etc..

Lord Xar
10-02-2011, 02:25 AM
Should we make thousands and thousands of posters to plaster sides of buildings etc.. (where you currently see movie posters) with that poster that one of our supporters made up a few days ago?

I can't find the post.. but it was that old one from the 60's..

something like (fancy of course).

WAR
IS
OVER
..if you want
VOTE RON PAUL

liberalnurse
10-02-2011, 04:02 AM
I'm actuallly using this for my wall paper. Would love a sweatshirt or hoodie with it on. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?319475-my-new-RP-antiwar-sign

Lord Xar
10-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Yes, that is the one I was talking about (see post above). I can a few thousand printed up -- either cardboard stock for phone-polls or poster paper for sides of buildings or construction areas etc....

Any thoughts on it?

acptulsa
10-02-2011, 04:51 PM
I actually think Ron Paul would look quite good with a goatee and an Uncle Sam hat. You know the old poster with the pointing finger...

I WANT PEACE

How about YOU?

Birdlady
10-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm making a video that targets the anti-war crowd to vote for RP in the primaries.

I think posters like this are perfect! I read the other thread liberalnurse linked and I have to agree IT IS easier to sway the disenchanted left voters than the republicans we would call neocons. You just got to get them to switch parties which may be tough. I don't know. I guess it depends on how much they are willing to sacrifice to get out of the wars.

Lord Xar
10-02-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm making a video that targets the anti-war crowd to vote for RP in the primaries.

I think posters like this are perfect! I read the other thread liberalnurse linked and I have to agree IT IS easier to sway the disenchanted left voters than the republicans we would call neocons. You just got to get them to switch parties which may be tough. I don't know. I guess it depends on how much they are willing to sacrifice to get out of the wars.

Do you not think we can get a lot of Republicans with posters like these? I have a feeling that most want an end to the wars or do you feel that most have bought into the fear mongering?

acptulsa
10-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Do you not think we can get a lot of Republicans with posters like these? I have a feeling that most want an end to the wars or do you feel that most have bought into the fear mongering?

Posters like in the other thread? No. My Uncle Sam idea? Maybe, but probably not.

Posters which say 'Jesus died for peace. Our children are dying for oil'? Maybe eventually, but in the short term they'll cause resentment and Ron Paul's name should not be put on them.

Wish I were more help, but I honestly don't know how to reach them.

matt0611
10-02-2011, 05:24 PM
That would make a good song for a Ron Paul video when it gets closer to the holidays, an anti-war video...making a note of that.

InTradePro
10-02-2011, 05:32 PM
I actually think Ron Paul would look quite good with a goatee and an Uncle Sam hat. You know the old poster with the pointing finger...

I WANT PEACE

How about YOU?

This looks good. I think it would be great once Dr Paul has won the GOP nomination.

I don't know statistics among the GOP on the war but I imagine they are generally in favour of it. Does anyone have figures?

InTradePro
10-02-2011, 05:36 PM
My understanding it the idea most supported by the majority of voters is "honesty vs. corruption"

If you want to influence the most voters then something based on "honesty vs. corruption" is the vote winner.