PDA

View Full Version : General They're all in bed together...Romney,Perry,Cain and Gingrich

RDM
10-02-2011, 01:10 AM
There is one big christian group that is backing all four and they are strategizing amongst themselves.

http://ethicsdaily.com/conservative-christian-group-seeks-new-reagan-cms-18098-printer

idiom
10-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Ron Paul needs to call some of these Pastors.

He is painfully clearly their best option.

RDM
10-02-2011, 01:28 AM
I don't know how easy that would be. Seems this group has been tight going back to the Carter years and has strengthened since then. It appears to me this is a well financed and well organized group. As it appears right now, not only is RP fighting the media smears but he is up against a well organized national group calling the shots. This is like a David and Goliath battle.

IterTemporis
10-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Christians who want to continue the wars? Not credible.

RDM
10-02-2011, 11:04 AM
Christians who want to continue the wars? Not credible.

It's absolutely insane. You would think they would be running away from these candidates. But it's not the case.

Here's my take: It's these christian group leaders that are getting behind these candidates. it's as if there is some backdoor money exchanging going on here. Like, you scratch my back and we'll scratch yours.

As far as influencing their underlings to get behind a candidate is really not that hard.

Think about it. Most people know very little about politics or even care. For example, ever notice when like Leno or Letterman or someone else do those sidebits when they go out on the streets and ask everyday people questions like, do you know who the VP is, or do you know who Boehner is, or what is your favorite policy about your favorite candidate, most people are clueless. I'd say over 70% of people(unlike us) do not get too involved in the nitty gritty of politics. Most just get their info from tv news or newspapers they read and are influenced by that.

Are these christian group leaders guilty of pushing these war-mongering candidates onto their clueless followers? Just as guilty as Bill O'reilly, Hannity, Krauthammer and anyone else in the know who are misleading their viewers.

Esoteric
10-02-2011, 11:07 AM
Believe it or not, a good chunk of the GOP base consists of theocrats. Ron Paul will never win them over.

Aratus
10-02-2011, 11:09 AM
are they backers of the texas textbook lobby?

Tod
10-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Believe it or not, a good chunk of the GOP base consists of theocrats. Ron Paul will never win them over.

Unfortunately, that is very true.

Tinnuhana
10-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Wonder how many of these people Doug Wead knows.

ctiger2
10-02-2011, 11:55 AM
It's an Evangelical Christian Zionist Nutter group that's bloodthirsty for war with Iran on Israel's behalf.

PaulConventionWV
10-02-2011, 01:22 PM
That's gay...

Restore America Now
10-02-2011, 01:26 PM
This is like a David and Goliath battle.

Let us not forget who won in the end. ;)

RDM
01-12-2012, 08:46 AM
I thought I would bump this article again, since it appears this group is rearing its ugly head in SC.