PDA

View Full Version : So, at what point will we have killed enough to get our freedoms back?

Anti Federalist
10-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Simple question.

:-/

BuddyRey
10-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Killing for peace is like drinking for sobriety.

bluesc
10-02-2011, 12:30 AM
When we have killed the disease that is rotting away everything the country once stood for.

Luckily, no weapons are needed. Just votes. I can't wait to get back to the US to cast mine.

amy31416
10-02-2011, 12:34 AM
Simple question.

Reset button. There will never be enough killing to satisfy some people.

torchbearer
10-02-2011, 09:01 AM
you are free to do as we tell you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mssKE_b48k

Philhelm
10-02-2011, 09:04 AM
The problem is that many people think that killing in and of itself makes us free.

Carehn
10-02-2011, 09:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06nIz4scvI
1.6 billion people should be enough to satisfy the right. Guess where i got that number.

Noob
10-02-2011, 09:22 AM
When 95% of the worlds population as been killed.

steve005
10-02-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm sorry but only a troll would ask that question, I never liked that guy cuz he's trying to paint us as extreme. WHAT AN IDIOT! and stupid question, toget what we want we need to be PEACEFULL, if I see retards like you in the crowd trying to throw rocks at police I'm going to beat your ass

specsaregood
10-02-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm sorry but only a troll would ask that question, I never liked that guy cuz he's trying to paint us as extreme. WHAT AN IDIOT! and stupid question, toget what we want we need to be PEACEFULL, if I see retards like you in the crowd trying to throw rocks at police I'm going to beat your ass

Be careful, it is likely to be an undercover cop throwing the rocks in which case you'll find yourself in jail.

steve005
10-02-2011, 09:41 AM
I don't care, someone throwing rocks from the crowd needs to be dealt with by the crowd. otherwise the police will go after everyone,

steve005
10-02-2011, 09:42 AM
we need to self-enforce peace when we are in large groups

pcosmar
10-02-2011, 09:48 AM
I don't care, someone throwing rocks from the crowd needs to be dealt with by the crowd. otherwise the police will go after everyone,
Who is throwing rocks? or even suggesting it besides YOU?

Dr.3D
10-02-2011, 09:51 AM

LOL, what? So AF is suddenly a troll? LMAO

specsaregood
10-02-2011, 09:54 AM

But if it is the police harming others, its a-ok then? You'll sit an laugh with delight as they make little girls scream in agony?

JoshLowry
10-02-2011, 09:55 AM

I believe AF is referring to Obama assassinating people for our freedoms.

Dr.3D
10-02-2011, 09:58 AM
I'm pretty sure the rest of us think that too.

So, at what point will we have killed enough "terrorists" to get our freedoms back?

Edit:

Of course we all know it's impossible to kill all of them. This of course means, if there isn't a minimum needed to die to end all of this, then we are stuck with a never ending war on "terror".

pcosmar
10-02-2011, 10:02 AM

I am 100% certain of that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WninWFtO0Gg

Throwing Stones
Lyrics By: John Barlow
Music By: Bob Weir

Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
Dizzy with eternity
Paint it with a skin of sky, brush in some clouds and sea
Call it home for you and me
A peaceful place, or so it looks from space
A closer look reveals the human race
Full of hope, full of grace, is the human face
But afraid we may lay our home to waste

There's a fear down here we can't forget
Hasn't got a name just yet
Always awake, always around
Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down
Ashes, ashes, all fall down

Now watch as the ball revolves and the night-time falls
And again the hunt begins and again the blood wind calls
By and by, again, the morning sun will rise
But the darkness never goes from some men's eyes
(Well I know)
It strolls the sidewalk and it rolls the streets
Staking turf, dividing up meat
Nightmare spook, piece of heat
It's you and me, you and me

Click flash blade in ghetto night
Rudy's looking for a fight
Rat cat alley, roll them bones
Need that cash to feed that Jones
And the politicians throwing stones

Commissars and pinstripe bosses roll the dice
Anyway they fall, guess who gets to pay the price?
Money green, or proletarian gray
Selling guns instead of food today
So the kids they dance and shake their bones

Heartless powers try to tell us what to think
If the spirit's sleeping then the flesh is ink
History's page will be neatly carved in stone
The future's here, we are it, we are on our own
On our own, on our own, we are on our own

If the game is lost, then we're all the same
No one left to place or take the blame
We will leave this place an empty stone
Or that shining ball of blue we call our home

So the kids, they dance, they shake their bones

Shipping powders back and forth
Singing black goes south and white comes north
And the whole world full of petty wars
Singing I got mine and you got yours
While the current fashions set the pace
Lose your step, fall out of grace
The radical, he rant and rage
Singing someone got to turn the page
And the rich man in his summer home
Singing just leave well enough alone
But his pants are down, his cover's blown
So the kids, they dance, they shake their bones
'Cause it's all too clear we're on our own

Picture a bright blue ball just spinning, spinning free
It's dizzying, the possibilities

Travlyr
10-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Never. It is an endless war on terror.

Voluntary Man
10-02-2011, 10:36 AM
according to the sustainability crowd, once the earth's population reaches about 500 million, they'll stop killing us, or whoever is left.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2011, 11:03 AM

Christ, that's what I get for not s p e l l i n g i t o u t.

As others have already noted, my question is rhetorical.

Let me see if I can be more precise:

How many more people will government have to kill, in our name, in order to declare the "war" won, and have our freedoms restored to, at the very least, a pre 9/11 level?

I'll just point out in closing the laughable hypocrisy of "enforcing peace" by beating my ass.

Don't post hung over anymore.

acptulsa
10-02-2011, 11:17 AM
What I want to know is, when do we get our souls back?

AGRP
10-02-2011, 11:33 AM
There will never be enough killing as long as those evil Muslim terrorists from half way around the world continue to legislate our freedoms away.

acptulsa
10-02-2011, 11:39 AM
There will never be enough killing as long as those evil Muslim terrorists from half way around the world continue to legislate our freedoms away.

Yeah. Funny how they keep accomplishing that when neither I nor anyone else remembers voting for them. But then, it was not Congress but the UN that authorized Obama to bomb Libya...

Voluntary Man
10-02-2011, 12:29 PM
What I want to know is, when do we get our souls back?

this is how.

Voluntary Man
10-02-2011, 12:33 PM

he's talking about all the illegal wars and assassinations of US citizens, not starting a bloody revolution.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2011, 12:34 PM
this is how.

Yes, that.

Those that are aware and condemn this, and do what they can to stop or change this, I think retain or regain their souls.

Dr.3D
10-02-2011, 12:37 PM
Those who see what is happening and lament the loss of liberty are not among those who have lost their souls.

flightlesskiwi
10-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Simple question.

a simple question that you, mundane, may still have the freedom to ask, but you definitely do not have the right to know the answer.

Pizzo
10-02-2011, 01:02 PM
Wars against ideologies are perpetual. That's why they want them.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2011, 01:11 PM
a simple question that you, mundane, may still have the freedom to ask, but you definitely do not have the right to know the answer.

Thank you Comrade, for pointing out my thoughtcrime.

I'm off to turn myself in now.

acptulsa
10-02-2011, 02:25 PM
Thank you Comrade, for pointing out my thoughtcrime.

The Crusades have been going on for a millenium now. What makes you so arrogant as to say they are wrong?

Next thing you know you'll be pronouncing moral judgements against slavery...

driller80545
10-02-2011, 02:32 PM
It will end when the powers that be have all the money and all the control that exists in the whole world. Then they will get bored with it and start the pendulum in the other direction, maybe.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2011, 08:30 PM
///

Carehn
10-02-2011, 08:43 PM
How do we go about getting the freedom to life, liberty and property by violating the right to life, liberty, and property?

If only we could kill enough people to ensure no one will go around killing.

This is a fun thread.

flightlesskiwi
10-02-2011, 08:53 PM
How do we go about getting the freedom to life, liberty and property by violating the right to life, liberty, and property?

If only we could kill enough people to ensure no one will go around killing.

This is a fun thread.

i disagree about the "fun" part...

i would argue that this thread is reality. only the reality is that these wars and assassinations aren't about (re?)gaining more freedom, and the killing isn't about defense and safety.

the reality is that the slope is slippery and "we" are sliding right on down it at terminal velocity.

Carehn
10-02-2011, 09:04 PM
i disagree about the "fun" part...

i would argue that this thread is reality. only the reality is that these wars and assassinations aren't about (re?)gaining more freedom, and the killing isn't about defense and safety.

the reality is that the slope is slippery and "we" are sliding right on down it at terminal velocity.

It is reality and that's why its fun. We must find it fun to deal with the problems facing us and solving them. Its not fun that people are being killed but it is fun that we can come together and see this and talk about it.

I burn for the day We are all truly free, don't get me wrong. Im not trying to take away from the reality that is mass genocide. But we must love and find fun the battle and challenge that we will end it.

I think I'm one of the most fortunate people ever to be a part of the very beginning of a moment that will change the world for the bettor. I love fighting for liberty and find it fun.

PatriotOne
10-02-2011, 10:05 PM
It is reality and that's why its fun. We must find it fun to deal with the problems facing us and solving them. Its not fun that people are being killed but it is fun that we can come together and see this and talk about it.

I burn for the day We are all truly free, don't get me wrong. Im not trying to take away from the reality that is mass genocide. But we must love and find fun the battle and challenge that we will end it.

I think I'm one of the most fortunate people ever to be a part of the very beginning of a moment that will change the world for the bettor. I love fighting for liberty and find it fun.

That resonates with me also. I had a dream a few yrs back that summed up my feelings during this period of time. I woke up in a bed in a tall skyscraper (hotel) and the building was shaking and rumbling and went into a free fall. As I was plunging to my death I was unafraid of what was going to be a certain death but really ticked off that I was going to die and miss being a part of the revolution. The revolution I was and am certain we are eventually going to win.

I want to be here for it and part of it even though I have no doubts it's going to be a bloody battle. I suppose it helps that I don't believe in death or hell...lol.

Tarzan
10-02-2011, 10:57 PM
To the OPs original (rhetorical) question:
Nelson Rockefeller, when asked: “How much is enough?”
Answered: “Just a little bit more.”

Apparently, the math is unchanged.

moostraks
10-03-2011, 08:27 AM
according to the sustainability crowd, once the earth's population reaches about 500 million, they'll stop killing us, or whoever is left.

and then 'they' turn those who are fortunate enough to be left into indentured servants in perpetuity. The servants will pay homage to tptb for the good fortune that has been bestowed upon them to have such loving masters.