PDA

View Full Version : I Just Couldn't Stand the Ignorance on this Terrorist Assassination any Longer.......

Sentinelrv
10-01-2011, 10:58 PM
I was on Facebook today and stumbled across my friend's post below about the terrorist assasination...

**I'm sick of these people that are up in arms over us killing this US born TERRORIST! He was a fucking TERRORIST, a traitor! He wanted US dead! What do we do to traitors? We vote with a bullet, or in his case shoved a missile up his ass! It's either us or them, they want us all dead! What part of that is so hard to understand?! They only understand one thing, & that's death!

I thought maybe he'd get at least some opposition but....

In total agreement chucky

totally agree!!!

I've already replied to this 3 times, but erased them all. figured I better not start. just plain unbelievable.

I am just *sick of bleeding hearts "period" !!!!! @Donna ... I know what you mean 'cause I did the same thing ! This crap really pinches a nerve !!

Amen chuckie

We should send you in to "deal" with the situation! I'd feel safe then!

I don't see the problem. It is either him or us. When you are a terrorist, you are signing your own death warrant. And as Americans, we WILL make good on that warrant.

I'm in total agreement, it is them or us and I prefer it to be them dead and us alive, even if it was my brother I would not hesitate to put a bullet between his fucking eyes. Hooah!!! One shot one kill!!!!!

Double-tap.. I'm all about overkill

With A 50cal no need to double tap it will only be a wasted round!!!

Agreed buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep they live it and breath it everyday....... death is all they understand and we cannot tolerate ignorant people that follow ignorant leaders.

PUKE!!! I just couldn't stand it any longer. I had to say something, to educate people, to do anything to stop this madness! There was just too much ignorance and evil in this conversation....

I hate to be the lone dissenting voice here Chuck, but this idea that terrorists come and attack us because they hate our freedoms and our civilization is false. It's an idea that was spread by the Bush administration in an attempt to justify our invasion of the Middle East. Yes, it is true that many of the people in the Middle East do not like us and the way our society works, but that dislike is not enough to inspire them to attack our country.

In order to get to the root of the terrorist problem, you need to understand the motivation behind a suicide terrorist's actions. What could possibly provoke them enough to want to come blow us up? The answer lies in our foreign policy. We occupy their countries, build bases on their holy lands, install puppet dictatorships over their lands and blow them up with missiles. This is what creates the motivation for them to want to attack us, revenge. The US is trying to be the policeman of the world, constantly getting in the business of other nations and interfering. Our actions in the Middle East are what create suicide terrorists. Every time we send a missile over there and blow up a hundred people, many times just innocent bystanders, we create hundreds of new terrorists that want to seek out their revenge on the United States and destroy us. We help Al Qaeda everyday to find new recruits, because we're always causing new problems over there. Until we understand that it is our own actions in the Middle East that create the terrorism problem in the first place, we will continue doing the same thing over and over again, invading new country after new country and this will inevitably create more terrorists that will want to seek their revenge on us.

This is not blaming America either. This is blaming the government and their failed policy of foreign intervention. I'm not talking out of my ass here either. This has been confirmed by our own CIA, the head of the Bin Laden Unit Michael Scheuer and it is the official reason stated as the cause of the World Trade Center disaster in the 9/11 Commision Report. These are experts in suicide terrorism and they've all concluded that the motivation for them to even be a threat to us in the first place is linked to our foreign policy of intervention in their lands.

As an example, imagine if our economy collapsed within the next couple years and China believed they should spread Communism here, so they made the decision to invade our country and occupy our lands. They would tell us what to do, how to run our government. They'd even install a dictator as president to rule over us and blew up those who rebelled against them with missiles. How would we as Americans respond to China's occupation of our homeland? We'd fight them. We'd get revenge for the family and friends that they killed. We'd do everything in our power to drive them out of our lands. And China, being the new world power would explain to their own citizens that the terrorists/rebels in America were just resisting and to not worry. Everything is under control. The point of this is if another country like China did the same thing to us that we're doing to the Middle East, our motivation for resisting and attacking the Chinese would be because they occupied our country, killed our family and friends and installed dictators as our leaders. We need to look at this example and realize what we're really doing to the Middle East.

Until we stop trying to be the policeman of the world, until we change our foreign policy from one of intervention to NON-intervention, we will continue to inspire hatred in terrorists to such a degree that they'd sacrifice themselves just to kill more of us. It's not us or them as so many here are saying. It's up to us to understand the psychology of a terrorist and what causes them to want to come here and kill us all in the first place. Without that understanding, the problem will continue.

And to address the topic here, even the terrorist and Oklahoma City Bomber Timothy McVeigh, the scum of the Earth, received a fair trial before being convicted and put to death. No President should ever have the power to assassinate any American citizen. Everyone, no matter how evil the person is, deserves to be protected under the law and given a fair trial, otherwise what is our Constitution and the Bill of Rights for? It's not just a list of guidelines to pick and choose from. It's the law of this land. It's designed to protect us from the overreach of our own government. He's a terrorist you say? Well, then if the evidence stacked against him is so strong as to warrant assasination, then it should be a quick conviction in court, accompanied by a death sentence. If people believe these types of actions by our own government are acceptable, then what's to stop them from assasinating anyone they don't like? Our country is already turning into a police state what with the TSA sticking their hands down our pants at the airports and the loss of privacy due to the Patriot Act. This isn't what America is about. We've drifted so far from what this country used to be. We need to get back to following the Constitution and obeying the rule of law.

So far everyone in the conversation has had multiple likes except for me. I have zero likes and nobody has responsed to my message either. Maybe I made em' think a little.....

CaptainAmerica
10-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Those people have never been to combat and probably never will go. Thats why they loosely speak about killing other in a sedistic manner.It is one thing to fight an enemy, and complete other thing to love sedistic killing of others as if its a good thing . No killing in any war is a good thing,even if its a justified war in defense the killing should never be glorified.Its a shame america has fallen away from christian just war theory which Ron Paul is representing

JasonC
10-01-2011, 11:35 PM
Very nice reply. I'd be interested to know how people respond (if they do) so please update us.

Sentinelrv
10-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Very nice reply. I'd be interested to know how people respond (if they do) so please update us.

Sure.

rambone
10-02-2011, 12:00 AM
So far everyone in the conversation has had multiple likes except for me. I have zero likes and nobody has responsed to my message either.

I will like you comments buddy. :toady:

Sentinelrv
10-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Here's a comment. Help me dissect it and I'll respond. I think he thinks I'm a liberal or something...

"@Randy I only have one thing to say to you. Take your bleeding heart (ass) over there and offer them your words and when they try to cut your head off then you will remember the bull shit that you have believed was that just bull shit, me myself I am not a part of those wanna be godly people so I have nothing to fear but you my friend (and I use that term loosely) must have a lot to hide or be a shamed of if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about. It sounds like you are bashing Bush but in all actuality you should be bashing Clinton he was only worrying about a blow job instead of doing his job if he would have accepted the offer of bin laden to handed to the USA maybe 9/11 would not have happened. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!"

Anti Federalist
10-02-2011, 12:19 AM
It sounds like you are bashing Bush but in all actuality you should be bashing Clinton he was only worrying about a blow job instead of doing his job if he would have accepted the offer of bin laden to handed to the USA maybe 9/11 would not have happened.

So, you're acknowledging the CEO of the government fucked up so bad, he let UBL go years before 9/11.

But government is to trusted killing US citizens with no trial?

Seth
10-02-2011, 12:26 AM
Holy hell... "you my friend (and I use that term loosely) must have a lot to hide or be a shamed of if you have done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about." With that attitude is there any wonder why we are losing our liberties?

Sentinelrv
10-02-2011, 12:40 AM
I have a question, were we giving foreign aid to Gaddafi before we invaded Libya like we were with Mubarak in Egypt? I'm about to tell him that we prop up their dictators.

Feeding the Abscess
10-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Yes, we were. Gaddafi's bank got a bailout from the Federal Reserve, too.

moderate libertarian
10-02-2011, 12:45 AM
Government Iraq WMD intel claims-Iraq invasion VS Awlaki intel claims-extra judicial kill

After loss of lives/body parts or serious injury of almost hundred thousand American troops and trillions of tax payers dollars, it turned out government claims/intel about Iraq WMD were false. Considering that close to 70% of Americans from both major parties had supported pre-emptive attack on Iraq back in 2003 that resulted in killing/injuring hundreds of thousands innocent Iraqi, looking back it seems revenge, greed, anti-semitism/racism towards Iraqi arabs may have also been among motivators for such a huge blunder as Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.

Given this huge recent lapse of judgment and government's high tendency to be incompetent, misleading and political in almost everything it does, why there is still such large public support/ambivalence regarding government claims and extra judicial killing of a US citizen without due process? Are Iraq blunder motivators (revenge, anti-semitism towards arabs and blind trust in government etc) again at play and like Iraq invasion years later most supporters will regret supporting Obama's decision?

affa
10-02-2011, 12:55 AM
reading the internet commentary on this assassination is totally messing with my head. people are just living in this blood thirsty fantasy land.

makes me sick. i remember feeling this way after 9/11, when a coworker of mine (we worked in Manhattan) swore up and down we should immediately "nuke the middle east, nuke it to glass". and discussion was a dead end. they didn't care who was guilty, who was innocent, they just wanted other people dead.

i felt the same way then, as i do now. overwhelmed by the callousness and blood thirstiness of my fellow citizen. and that's not even getting into their gullibility and passiveness against tyranny.

Sentinelrv
10-02-2011, 01:02 AM
I'm not sure if any of you can see the post, but here is the profile where I'm talking about this. Join in if you can see it. I'm not sure if you need to be friends first. Also, please don't fight with anybody. I don't want my friend to get angry at me for causing a battle on his page, lol.

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=292179014140842&id=100000462388582#!/profile.php?id=100000462388582

moreliberty
10-02-2011, 01:02 AM
Just remind him thats its not bleeding heart, because the worry is not about the person that was killed. It was about the action of killing someone who is a US citizen. The action they took is strictly against the constitution. Its the next guy in charge that gets to label whoever he chooses as terrorists and just kill them. Who knows maybe the tea party, or the people on wall street. are they terrorists? Guess we will let obama decide that for us.

Sentinelrv
10-02-2011, 01:06 AM
Replies. I'm not very good at history unfortunately.

"@Randy Also, If you look back in History and you seen in 1939 when Hitler invaded Poland, the US did nothing. when Hitler Invaded Czechoslovakia, Again the US did nothing, when Hitler invaded France and North Africa Again the US did nothing it was not until Dec 7 1941 did we actually decided to declare war on Japan, Italy, and Germany."

"My point is what do you think would have happened if the US would have sent a force to push the Germans back to Germany when they invaded Poland, Maybe the Holocaust might not have happened, Pearl Harbor might not have happened, That is why we have our Foreign Policy, and as a retired/ disabled Military man i took an oath probably something you know nothing about, it is as Follows; "I, Kenneth Cochrane, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." Even to this day i will follow this Oath. DO NOT BE THE DOMESTIC PORTION BECAUSE I WILL NOT HESATATE TO TAKE YOU OUT!!!!"

Sentinelrv
10-02-2011, 01:11 AM
And here was my second reply...

I'm not a liberal democrat. I'm a libertarian, a strict constitutionalist. I blame Bush, Clinton Obama and any other president that uses the same policy of foreign intervention. No matter who sits in the oval office, it's always the same result, more intervention into the affairs of foreign nations, more wasting our money on foreign aid, which ultimately goes to the dictators of these countries and sustains their rule over their people. That's another reason why they hate us, we prop up the dictators with our money and their people get supressed because of it. We were giving money to Mubarak in Egypt right before he was ousted, as well as Gaddafi in Libya. We gave money to his military a month before we started attacking him! If that's not screwed up, tell me what is.

Also, if I went over there as you suggest, they probably would cut my head off, because we've given them such a reason to hate us. Are you denying what our own CIA experts tell us? Do you think the 9/11 commision report is wrong? This concept is something the CIA termed "Blowback" and it's very real. Our intervention overseas causes unintended consequences later on that come back to bite us in the ass.

Also, keep in mind that I am not endorsing the idea that America deserves what it got on 9/11 for meddling in the Middle East. That kind of thinking is nowhere in my mind. Any terrorist that harms our country and our people needs to be dealt with swiftly. For example, instead of invading the entire Middle East with the US government's brilliant plan of nation building and wasting trillions of dollars in the process, they should have just sent in a strike team to find and capture Bin Laden. How much could that have cost us? Nowhere near a trillion dollars. This country is going broke. Our economy will end up collapsing just in the same way as the Soviet Union when they were in the Middle East. Then we'll truly be wide open for attack. We need to stop this nonsense.

Anyway, all I'm saying here is that I understand their motivation to attack us. Just because I understand their motivation does not mean that I endorse their actions. Instead, it helps us realize how to solve the problem, which is to change our foreign policy and bring all our troops home to defend this country's borders, not the borders of some far off land.

Anti Federalist
10-02-2011, 01:12 AM
"My point is what do you think would have happened if the US would have sent a force to push the Germans back to Germany when they invaded Poland, Maybe the Holocaust might not have happened, Pearl Harbor might not have happened, That is why we have our Foreign Policy, and as a retired/ disabled Military man i took an oath probably something you know nothing about, it is as Follows; "I, Kenneth Cochrane, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." Even to this day i will follow this Oath. DO NOT BE THE DOMESTIC PORTION BECAUSE I WILL NOT HESATATE TO TAKE YOU OUT!!!!"

Where in that Constitution that you claim to defend, is the authority granted to the chief executive to assassinate US citizens, without due process, without a trial, without a congressional declaration of war or a congressional Letter of Marque or Reprisal?

Take who out?

Us?

You're going to start killing your friends and neighbors and family, blow up your own town, home, city or parish?

All to follow the orders of a corrupt government and the bankster jackals that took it over decades ago?

Tell your facebook "friend", AF says he's a dickhead.

cucucachu0000
10-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Set him straight on his history, hitler was about to get kicked out of germany by his own generals when england INTERVIENED and gave him what he wanted. Search interventionism started ww2 on this forum its a great thread

Humanae Libertas
10-02-2011, 01:17 AM
These are idiotic O'Reilly, and Sean Insannity supporters, plain 'n simple; don't waste your energy with this trolls much, they are nearly impossible to convince how moronic their way of thinking is. These "folks" could probably only cite you the 1st, 2nd, 4th & maybe 10th Amendment(s) of the Constitution, while they draw blanks of the remaining amendments as well as the entire Constitution.

cucucachu0000
10-02-2011, 01:19 AM
Great second post, make sure you put in there I care more about my constitution then I do one dead guy. We just. Lost another right to the govt over one guy and I find it dispicable that people are cheering on our rights being stripped away.

cucucachu0000
10-02-2011, 01:21 AM
Its not just about convincing him, its about convincing other people watching the debate through fb notifications as well..

Eric21ND
10-02-2011, 01:28 AM
Your friend doesn't know history very well either. Japan and Germany declared war on us for starters. This video might help you.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2426421007058157682

Sentinelrv
10-02-2011, 01:36 AM
Reply. Not sure how long I'm going to be up for this. I really don't want to argue with this guy.

"I got by this: what the Government does is above my and your pay grade. therefore it is out of our hands. the CIA is putting the blame on someone other than themselves, it is the blame game they blame somebody who blames somebody else mean while you are believing what they say but it is actually blaming the wrong organization so it basically ends up nobody is at fault and nothing is done about it. but in the mean time your fellow Americans who are fighting for your right to have the freedoms that you have are dying defending the Constitution that you speak so highly. it really has nothing to do with Foreign Policy it has to do with the fact that the US has backed Israel (as a person of the Jewish faith) I do not expect you to understand. on the other hand. what if the US's Policy was to sit by while humans are being killed"

I don't know what he's talking about here. The CIA isn't blaming a person.

"Men women and children being killed because they look different, love different or have different religious beliefs unlike your own. we the US are one of just a few countries that believe in Human rights, Iraq Doesn't, neither does China"

Sentinelrv
10-02-2011, 01:56 AM
Ehhhh, forget it. I'm tired of arguing, plus I can't really debate him myself because all the history I was taught was crap. I need to read some more history from the right places. I just linked that video and the thread about how intervention started WWII.

EDIT: Here is his reply about my links...

"Cool will check it out, I just remembered a few things , The more you know about your enemy the less they can hurt you, thats is another reason we are the worlds policemen so we can learn about every thing we can about every country."

Maybe he'll learn something from those links. I should probably read it and watch the video as well.

affa
10-02-2011, 02:56 AM
from the quote of the other guy: thats is another reason we are the worlds policemen so we can learn about every thing we can about every country."

you're not going to win with him, ever. he's not thinking, he's regurgitating.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-02-2011, 03:14 AM
Eh, I would just link Thomas Paines quote and be done with it. Some people you really shouldn't waste your time on.

He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.

A Son of Liberty
10-02-2011, 03:20 AM
Why don't you post some articles of weddings, birthday parties and random innocent women and children who have been blown to smithereens by our government over there? Then ask him how many innocent human beings going about their daily lives are acceptable casualties in his quest to satisfy his bloodlust. If he's a believer, ask him if he intends to stand before his Creator and account for his support of the wholesale slaughter of those innocent people. Ask him what he thinks his Creator thinks about little children being bombed into dust.

Lord strengthen me... I'm so sick of these people.

flightlesskiwi
10-02-2011, 09:24 PM
you're not going to win with him, ever. he's not thinking, he's regurgitating.

i would be a bit more optimistic... but i'm not in the mood to be. ^^^^^this times one thousand.

may i ask if this guy is in the navy?

for some reason, my own experience is that there seems to be a disproportionate amount of "i took an oath to defend this nation and that means i will shoot you, a citizen, if i have to; we are the worlds' police" brainwashed navy dbags over any of the other military tentacles.

LiveFreeorDiebold
10-03-2011, 01:12 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I just got done dealing with this. From my facebook post.

David B Nichols
‎"When the president can kill whoever he wants, he's not a president anymore, he's a King."
When The President Can Kill Who Ever He Wants

www.youtube.com

http://RonPaul2012.com/

Like · · Share · about an hour ago

Charlie Francisco likes this.

Jason Craig Whatever your politcal views are! Don't stand up for someone that needed to be taken out! He was, "Anti-American" all the way!
about an hour ago · Like

David B Nichols He was an American citizen who commited no crime. Not saying he wasn't a bad person but there still has to be due process.
about an hour ago · Like

Jason Craig He commited no crime! He was trying though!
about an hour ago · Like

David B Nichols Prove it.
about an hour ago · Like

David B Nichols Let a judge decide and sentence him.
about an hour ago · Like

Jason Craig I guess you think he had good intentions for us!
about an hour ago · Like

David B Nichols I don't know what his intentions were.
about an hour ago · Like

Jason Craig Sir, you might be a little Naive!
about an hour ago · Like

David B Nichols This isn't about him. I'm not standing up for him in any way. I'm outraged at the fact that our government has crossed the line where now it's ok to assassinate their own citizens without habeas corpus. I think it's naive to trust the government to kill American citizens in secret because they say so.
about an hour ago · Like

David B Nichols Does it not concern you that the president has a hit list of American citizens?
56 minutes ago · Like

Jason Craig It's a new world! Americans plot with our enemies! He didn't exactly show any love for America!
54 minutes ago · Like

David B Nichols So what if I don't show any love for obama? Is it cool if he kills me?
53 minutes ago · Like

David B Nichols Where's the line?
53 minutes ago · Like

Jason Craig Sir, nothing about Obama! You are being extreme right now! If the hit list's are "Americans" that hate us! Take them out!
49 minutes ago · Like

David B Nichols You views are scary. I'm extreme because I believe that under this new precedent Americans can be singled out and killed without trial is morally wrong AND unconstitutional?
42 minutes ago · Like

David B Nichols I suggest you actually watch the video.
27 minutes ago · Like

Jason Craig That is Naive! I don't think you get whats going on around the world! Anti-Americans, that would love to see you dead!
26 minutes ago · Like

David B Nichols ‎"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin
21 minutes ago · Like

Jason Craig I like the quote! I understand what you are saying! It's a new day, most people don't have a clue to what you just quoted!
16 minutes ago · Like

Jason Craig I like talking to people like you! It makes people think!
11 minutes ago · Unlike · 1 person

David B Nichols It's exhausting trying to educate people like you. lol. But really, I enjoy a good debate.
8 minutes ago · Like

Cutlerzzz
10-03-2011, 02:18 AM
Most people are either too stupid to be dealt with, or too willfully ignorant. The only people who I have made any significant progress with towards converting them towords Liberty are direct family members, whom I can talk to on a day to day basis. Even then, I think that my only progress has come from just telling them the most unbelievable stories about the government and politicians every day, until they lost confidence in the system. Everyone else I have "converted" seemed to be one issue voters interested in getting Marijuana legalized.

PierzStyx
10-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Also, as for Hitler, the fact is is that the US government is currently acting as much like Hitler as any of the dictators we fight. Hitler had secret prisons and secret police that made you disappear without every bringing you before a judge. Hitler also assassinated his own people as "threats to the state", even the ones who had supported him from the beginning. Hitler also invaded other countries without provocation, who were not threats to them, in order to "protect Germany and unite her people against foreign threats." Hitler also ruthlessly slaughtered people of Middle Eastern ancestry for the sake of his empire, and encouraged hatred of middle easterners. The US does all these things now, today, at this very moment. In truth we are more like Hitler than we care to recognize. I don't think that'll help any, but it is true.

PierzStyx
10-03-2011, 03:09 AM
Reply. Not sure how long I'm going to be up for this. I really don't want to argue with this guy.

"I got by this: what the Government does is above my and your pay grade. therefore it is out of our hands. the CIA is putting the blame on someone other than themselves, it is the blame game they blame somebody who blames somebody else mean while you are believing what they say but it is actually blaming the wrong organization so it basically ends up nobody is at fault and nothing is done about it. but in the mean time your fellow Americans who are fighting for your right to have the freedoms that you have are dying defending the Constitution that you speak so highly. it really has nothing to do with Foreign Policy it has to do with the fact that the US has backed Israel (as a person of the Jewish faith) I do not expect you to understand. on the other hand. what if the US's Policy was to sit by while humans are being killed"

I don't know what he's talking about here. The CIA isn't blaming a person.

"Men women and children being killed because they look different, love different or have different religious beliefs unlike your own. we the US are one of just a few countries that believe in Human rights, Iraq Doesn't, neither does China"

Ask them if they understand that Israel has the best trained military in the M.E., with the best weapons, and the only M.E. nation with nuclear weapons, and of those they have 400. I don't think that you have to worry about Israel protecting itself. Its more than capable.

Also, how can we say we believe in human rights when we are the cause of hundreds of innocents deaths through military aggression? 6,000 troops have died in Ira. Over 1,000,000 civilian Iraqis have. How is that human rights?

Rudeman
10-03-2011, 03:34 AM
IMO the best strategy isn't to claim any kind of innocence. This will turn them off right away.

I think the most effective thing is going after the president being judge, jury, and executioner, with no rights to appeal the decision made the president.

pacodever
10-03-2011, 04:16 AM
may i ask if this guy is in the navy?

for some reason, my own experience is that there seems to be a disproportionate amount of "i took an oath to defend this nation and that means i will shoot you, a citizen, if i have to; we are the worlds' police" brainwashed navy dbags over any of the other military tentacles.

Whoa! Lets layoff the service smearing. D-baggery is not service specific.

XTreat
10-03-2011, 04:21 AM
My argument has been to pull out my pocket consttution and read the 5th and 6th amendment. I was at gun show yesterday tabling for RP and quite a few people were adamant about this topic. Sadly when confronted with the Bill of Rights the majority claimed that they "did not care about all that". At this point we really have no common ground to discuss anything else.

idiom
10-03-2011, 04:59 AM
The same set of rules that let them carry fire arms protect them from punishment without trial.

We should repeal the second amendment because it might help terrorists one day? (actually everytime their is a shooting-spree people argue just that)

Nastynate
10-03-2011, 05:35 AM
First they came for the "terrorists"
I wanted america to be safe
So I didn't speak up.

Then they came for the "racists"
Hating someone for their ethnicity is wrong!
So I didn't speak up.

Then they came for the "dissenters"
They're ruining this country with their radical ideas!
So I didn't speak up.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Elwar
10-03-2011, 05:52 AM
Perhaps they should have assassinated Casey Anthony too. She is a bad person that did bad things.

Anti Federalist
10-03-2011, 05:54 AM
First they came for the "terrorists"
I wanted america to be safe
So I didn't speak up.

Then they came for the "racists"
Hating someone for their ethnicity is wrong!
So I didn't speak up.

Then they came for the "dissenters"
They're ruining this country with their radical ideas!
So I didn't speak up.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

And there you have it.

Anti Federalist
10-03-2011, 05:56 AM
Perhaps they should have assassinated Casey Anthony too. She is a bad person that did bad things.

Gah, don't give them ideas.

It came close to it from what I saw.

If that mob would have been able to screw up the courage to do it, they would have cheerfully lynched her.

As it was, it was bad enough, there were plenty of people willing to thrown out the bill of rights and trial by jury, just because they thought she got away with killing her child.

pacelli
10-03-2011, 06:03 AM
You need one of the Veterans for Ron Paul to get in there. As soon as these folks see that they are now arguing against one of the troops that they worship, they'll change their tone.

Specifically I think it would be helpful if someone stationed in Iraq would explain that they have been put in a terrible position, paying off sheikhs at $40,000 USD - $50,000 USD a pop for information. Those are all taxpayer dollars by the way. They can see proof of this by watching the 2nd episode of Baker Boys: Inside the Surge on netflix. It is a documentary.

1000-points-of-fright
10-03-2011, 06:34 AM
The silence from the usual progressive suspects on my facebook list is deafening. These people don't hesitate to post some snarky comment or huffington post link about any minor transgression from conservatives or libertarians. Right now every other post is something about occupywallstreet.

It's been Three days so I finally had to say something. So far I've just had a couple of joke comments. Nobody seems to take it seriously.

Revolution9
10-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Here's a comment. Help me dissect it and I'll respond. I think he thinks I'm a liberal or something...

Take his own money and damned ass over to do it himself. Some good Americans do not want to be associated with such draconian policies and actions by use of their taxes to murder folks. But if they want to go right ahead. If they get jailed then they must ask themselves..did I just MURDER somebody? Or what if a regime is in power next that despises their ideology and targets them for assassination.

Rev9

Revolution9
10-03-2011, 07:25 AM
//

Steve-in-NY
10-03-2011, 07:51 AM
That youtube video of Glenn Back and Judge Nap discussing assassinations has been pretty effective for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3xf56nWU0E

Another thats been working is (paraphrasing):
How come we dont want to get any intel from this guy? Any of contacts would be useful info, might even stop another plot or break up a cell. If you decide he's guilty and need the death penalty, fine. Dont want to put American troops in the way for such a mission for some reason? Fine. Ask Yemen to go in and get him while we watch with our drones. Instead of any intel we might have gathered and possible plots we might have stopped and other terrorists and cells etc that we could have picked up, instead we have a waste of a missle that cost us millions and we got nothing useful in return. Way to go Obama.

Maybe either of those might help/w you, you know your audience better than I.