PDA

View Full Version : Use Your Credit Card Points!

HeyArchie
10-01-2011, 09:49 PM
So I was thinking today and - I can't believe I hadn't thought of this sooner - realized "Oh, wow, I've racked up a fair amount of credit card points." Now I don't know about you guys, but my card company (American Express) let's you use points for every day purchases like gasoline or groceries. I had been saving them for a rainy day and sort of put them in the back of my mind.

Well the rainy day has come. The government is out of control and we're about to get Obama or Obama v2 (Establishment Republican) elected again. In my opinion, it's pouring. So I'm going to use my points this upcoming statement and putting all I save toward the Black THIS Out Moneybomb.

You should look into whether or not you have points, how much you have and if you're willing to use them!

NO ONE BUT PAUL.

eduardo89
10-01-2011, 10:02 PM
awesome idea!

jbuttell
10-01-2011, 10:24 PM
yeah, its sad, but if you don't use a credit card these days (with discipline) you're practically throwing money away with some of the substantial cash back incentives out there now. Cash it out asap though, don't let those "points" sit in their account any longer than they have to. Convert'm to PMs ;P

eduardo89
10-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Can you still order $1 coins from the US Mint with a credit card to get points, then just deposit all the coins into your bank account to pay your credit card bill?

HeyArchie
10-01-2011, 10:53 PM
yeah, its sad, but if you don't use a credit card these days (with discipline) you're practically throwing money away with some of the substantial cash back incentives out there now. Cash it out asap though, don't let those "points" sit in their account any longer than they have to. Convert'm to PMs ;P
Well my AmEx is pay-in-full monthly, so I can't be irresponsible with it!