PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul & Gary Johnson Cover Due Process & Assassination on 'The Blaze'

RIPLEYMOM
10-01-2011, 05:02 PM
Many promising comments there.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/‘assassinating’-ron-paul-gary-johnson-critical-of-u-s-for-killing-al-alwalaki/

Travlyr
10-01-2011, 05:25 PM
Many promising comments there.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/‘assassinating’-ron-paul-gary-johnson-critical-of-u-s-for-killing-al-alwalaki/

Like this...

LIBERTARIAN
Posted on September 30, 2011 at 4:43pm
The 6th amendment, read it. It doesn‘t come with but’s, and‘s and if’s.

You either believe that a citizen has a right to a trial or they do not. Read the damn constitution, too many of you conservatives are inconsistent.

“In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.”

sailingaway
10-01-2011, 05:37 PM
I really wish they wouldn't lump them together. Their differences really matter to GOP primary voters.

And to be honest, I feel like Gary is stealing some of Ron's limelight I guess, which may be unfair. But Ron was asked directly and answered directly with no prepared comments and no fudging or shading of edges, and GJ's is much more prepared and fuzzy, imho. And I feel like they are trying to push GJ at us, still. I might be more reacting to other things done earlier in the campaign, but I don't click on those stories.

bluesc
10-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Gary Johnson was intentionally vague. I think he is trying to prevent isolating himself from the likes of Hannity, especially since his previous interview with him. Still trying to present himself as the alternative.

I like Gary, but to be honest, I don't even know what his true foreign policy views are. He is not a viable alternative for me.

TheTyke
10-01-2011, 05:55 PM
To be honest, Gary is useful. Since this is an issue where we lose Republicans, it can be beneficial to post Gary Johnson, Judge Nap, or Glenn Beck condemning the assassinations.... then they take the heat, and when people see the headlines about Ron opposing it, they're like "oh yeah!" instead of "What the heck is he saying?" - in theory anyhow.

wgadget
10-01-2011, 05:58 PM
What does Brother Herman think of it all, I wonder.

sailingaway
10-01-2011, 05:58 PM
To be honest, Gary is useful. Since this is an issue where we lose Republicans, it can be beneficial to post Gary Johnson, Judge Nap, or Glenn Beck condemning the assassinations.... then they take the heat, and when people see the headlines about Ron opposing it, they're like "oh yeah!" instead of "What the heck is he saying?" - in theory anyhow.

I don't agree, I think they see Gary like they see Kucinich or someone

RIPLEYMOM
10-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Don't want to comment too much on my own posts, but I kind of thought the two together strengthened Paul's credibility in the eyes of voters as far as both of them questioning the constitutionality of the Alwaki events. I guess I don't see it as competition as much as a validation of ideas. I think Johnson compliments Paul when they're together. I felt the same way at the debates when Johnson turned to Paul as the guy he would most want to stand by his side. :)

garyallen59
10-01-2011, 06:09 PM
^ this

GeorgiaAvenger
10-01-2011, 06:09 PM
His mixed feelings are obviously:

1-He is glad the guy is dead
2-But, they went about it the wrong way

Fermli
10-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Yea I agree with you sailingaway. GJ is so hesitant to say something controversial. He did the same thing when Hannity asked him about foreign policy months ago.