PDA

View Full Version : ABC News reporter presses White House on Al-Awlaki assassination

sailingaway
10-01-2011, 02:18 PM
ABC News reporter presses White House on Al-Awlaki assassination

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/312199#ixzz1ZYzSWv2C

teacherone
10-01-2011, 02:28 PM
not bad...like the snark at the end:

"What do you think Constitutional law professor Barack Obama would make of this," Tapper asked.

bluesc
10-01-2011, 02:31 PM
This administration is so fucking clearly clueless, and they think they can get away with whatever they want. Honestly, I think his press secretary is pretty sick of Obama pulling off all this shit while throwing the constitution out the window.

Time for more online campaigning.

Travlyr
10-01-2011, 02:45 PM
"Do you know that the Center for Constitutional Rights and the ACLU tried to get permission to represent Al-Awlaki. His father had asked them to do that," Tapper said. "But they needed to get permission from the Treasury Department so that they could challenge his being on this targeted killing list, and the Obama administration refused to let them represent him. He couldn't even have the ACLU representing him."

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/312199#ixzz1ZZ5XzbE2

Bizarro World: They denied Al-Awlaki his constitutional rights before hunting him down like an animal.

moderate libertarian
10-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Constitution is not so important for lobbies that own Obama.

ZanZibar
10-02-2011, 06:05 PM
This administration is so fucking clearly cluelessNo, they are not clueless. They know what they are doing, and they even have people like Rush, and O'Reilly, and Hannity, and others cheering them on. When people like that carry water for someone like Obama, something is wrong, DEAD WRONG!

I bet heads at the ACLU HQ are exploding over this.

angelatc
10-02-2011, 06:10 PM
No, they are not clueless. They know what they are doing, and they even have people like Rush, and O'Reilly, and Hannity, and others cheering them on. When people like that carry water for someone like Obama, something is wrong, DEAD WRONG!

The ACLU tried to get him taken off the kill list, and got shot down in court.

It's a shame the GOP is so enthusiastically supporting the president, because this is actually legitimate grounds for impeachment.

bluesc
10-02-2011, 06:14 PM
No, they are not clueless. They know what they are doing, and they even have people like Rush, and O'Reilly, and Hannity, and others cheering them on. When people like that carry water for someone like Obama, something is wrong, DEAD WRONG!

They are clueless. They know nothing about the constitution, they just throw it out. The reason those media personalities support him is because he is a complete tool. He is worse than Lieberman.

Bush was clueless, Obama is clueless. They are tools. Any of the "frontrunners" either pretend to know nothing of the constitution, or they really do know nothing. They don't need to know. The constitution is irrelevant to them, they do not need to understand it or know it.

They are all clueless tools who need to go now.

Tarzan
10-03-2011, 01:20 AM
Does anybody recall (or are you all to young) how the media was absolutely beating the drum for Bush II's War and Invasion of Iraq? And that was ALL of the media... FOX, CBS, NBC, ABC... ALL of them! Then, much later, when they found no "weapons of mass destruction"... CBS, NBC, ABC and the others were blaming FOX? Because they said they were afraid FOX would call them unpatriotic.

I remember!!! Pathetic bunch of journalistic pansies! Well, maybe we will see a repeat of this. In a few months or years maybe they will all blame FOX again for them not doing their job and asking the tough questions. Sure, it will be too late by then, but maybe they will get it at some point.

Does a mea culpa excuse this type of journalism? Hell no!!! We are only seeing one or two of these reporters actually asking any tough questions. They will probably be silenced by their corporate heads because killing this guy is proving to be very popular... and the networks are in the business of providing entertainment, not journalism. The media is as bad as the administration... they are culpable in this crap and need to be called on the carpet. But, hey... FOX made 'em do it.

Kuddos to the ABC reporter!!!

the POS probably needed to be killed... but, in accordance with our Constitution and Laws. Otherwise, Obama committed a crime!

nobody's_hero
10-03-2011, 04:45 AM
Here's an article put out by Jake Tapper. Be sure to visit and leave comments. I've never heard of this man before now, I don't know what his beliefs/biases are, but he deserves credit for this, IMO.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/how-does-the-president-have-the-right-to-target-for-killing-a-us-citizen/

eduardo89
10-03-2011, 07:27 AM
Jake Tapper...isn't that the same ABC guy who had a panel talk about 2012 GOP candidates for almost an hour without mentioning Ron Paul a single time?!

V3n
10-03-2011, 07:51 AM
I just wanted to point out.. On Friday the government told us "we're all safer" [because he's dead]
and on Saturday they raised the terror alert and said his death "could potentially trigger anti-American acts worldwide to avenge his death"..

So we're safer, but now we should be afraid to travel and we have to raise the alert... but we're safer..??

So they're admitting there's blowback, that people will 'radicalize' and retaliate, and we're actually not safer because he's dead..
but Ron Paul is wrong and crazy.. :rolleyes:

acptulsa
10-03-2011, 07:59 AM
But the blowback that wouldn't have happened if he were alive would have been better organized if he were alive. Dizzy yet?

I'm personally not afraid of the blowback. Being an American citizen, I'm afraid of the precedent set by the president.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/dpi/lowres/dpin1251l.jpg

TonySutton
10-03-2011, 08:01 AM
He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from opposition; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach himself. ~Thomas Paine

John F Kennedy III
10-03-2011, 08:06 AM
This administration is so fucking clearly clueless, and they think they can get away with whatever they want. Honestly, I think his press secretary is pretty sick of Obama pulling off all this shit while throwing the constitution out the window.

Time for more online campaigning.

No they're not. It is all going according to plan.

John F Kennedy III
10-03-2011, 08:09 AM
They are clueless. They know nothing about the constitution, they just throw it out. The reason those media personalities support him is because he is a complete tool. He is worse than Lieberman.

Bush was clueless, Obama is clueless. They are tools. Any of the "frontrunners" either pretend to know nothing of the constitution, or they really do know nothing. They don't need to know. The constitution is irrelevant to them, they do not need to understand it or know it.

They are all clueless tools who need to go now.

No. They are NWO puppets. They know full well what they are doing.

Orion
10-03-2011, 09:00 AM
...Tapper is an ABC News reporter that covered then Sen. BHO's campaign. He is Chief WH correspondent for ABC and was the man that called out Gibbs on the transparency of the administration a number of times.

ZanZibar
10-03-2011, 10:17 PM
But the blowback that wouldn't have happened if he were alive would have been better organized if he were alive. Dizzy yet?

I'm personally not afraid of the blowback. Being an American citizen, I'm afraid of the precedent set by the president.

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/dpi/lowres/dpin1251l.jpg

http://dancingczars.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/toilet-paper-constitution2.jpg