PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party, Unsweetened (AKA Ron Paul flavor)

agaiziunas
10-01-2011, 02:15 AM
Okay so I’ve been trying to help bring the local Tea Party to its senses and have gained some traction with quite a few folks, but really a lot of hesitancy I am encountering is due to a fear of backlash. For some reason many participants of the local Tea Party are nearly fearful of supporting Ron Paul because his supporters seem to get ostracized. They seem to know in their hearts Ron Paul is the only one on the stage adhering to his principles and devoid of pandering, but think the whole Tea Party movement is their only organized way to band together and influence change.
It’s almost like they want to support Ron Paul but think they’re doing the country a greater service by banding together to support a half-measure.
I want to give these folks an outlet. I call it the “Tea Party, Unsweetened”. No artificial flavors or sweeteners allowed. Maybe not the best name yet, but we need to give this silent majority a forum.
Anyway, if you want to help me get it going, I’ve created a FB group. http://www.facebook.com/groups/180863731990544/
Come join it and help us show the neo-cons trying to take over OUR movement that we will rip the rug right out from under them.

eleganz
10-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Many MANY voters have this mentality, and it is because the media keeps saying we can't win. Nobody wants to be on the losers team when it is all said and done, sadly this defeatist attitude is making it extremely difficult for us to get full confidence from supporters.

when I hear people say this I really just want to call them a wuss and strip them of their right to vote, lol. :)

gb13
10-01-2011, 02:42 AM
This could actually be a pretty promising idea.

gb13
10-01-2011, 02:46 AM
Just checked out your group. Looks good.

I would add a 5th bullet point stating something like "a constitutional foreign policy" or something along those line...

agaiziunas
10-01-2011, 03:04 AM
I would add a 5th bullet point stating something like "a constitutional foreign policy" or something along those line...

Great point.. might fit as a sub-bullet under "Constitutional Integrity".. sometime this weekend I'll create a FB doc with some basic info.

Just wanted to at least get the group started tonight before I go to bed.. ;-)

kojirodensetsu
10-01-2011, 03:24 AM
You know we're in a backward ass country when the number 1 issue now is jobs but yet the number 1 man to create a better environment for jobs is labeled as loonie and fringe.

Chainspell
10-01-2011, 03:26 AM
yeah i agree and i tend to believe that generally people want to do good or to be good or to do what's right. it's this herding of people into groups that make them act like sheep.

I offer my services to your cause. If you'd like me to make a video promoting or advertising or even advocating what happened to the tea party after people have hi-jacked it, just let me know. I just need a lot of direction as to the message, presentation, style, concerns, objective, target audience, etc. because I'm a newbie at all this, I just started being politically aware a month ago...

I'm tired of talking to people one by one, we need to tap into groups that can help us gain more visibility and boost our credibility. Coz if people can be influenced by fox news, a good majority of Americans CAN influence the opinion of everyone else. well anyways...

AlexAmore
10-01-2011, 03:55 AM
I used to be hesitant to mention Ron Paul to friends/facebook. Then of course the military donated massive amounts to him compared to anyone else. Now all I have to do is mention that little factoid and I have the U.S military backing me up. Now who's going to look like an asshole?

Now I realize I get a pretty damn good reception when I do! AWESOME!

agaiziunas
10-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Only 21 folks joining so far, any chance of getting some help? Would be awesome to send a stronger message...