PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Rick Santorum hits Ron Paul over al-Awlaki

RestoreTheRepublic
09-30-2011, 10:32 PM
Ron Paul earlier said he was displeased with the killing of Anwar al-Awlaki, a remark that Rick Santorum hit him for tonight.

"Is anyone really surprised at this point? Ron Paul put up a commentary claiming the terrorist attacks of 9/11 were our own fault – and now, he's condemning America for helping rid the world of a murderer, he said. Awlaki’s actions against the US effectively renounced his citizenship, and he could and should be treated like any other terrorist."

"This is the time to call on Congress and the President to amend the Immigration and Naturalization Act to provide for a renunciation of citizenship by action, he said. I believe our country and the world are better off with the likes of Awlaki dead and I for one, congratulate the men and women in uniform who helped make this world safer."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/64882.html#ixzz1ZV8PPYcF

:rolleyes:

AdamT
09-30-2011, 10:33 PM
To be expected. What a freaking tool.

IterTemporis
09-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Why am I not surprised..?

libertybrewcity
09-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Frothy who?

Oddone
09-30-2011, 10:35 PM
Oh Frothy... At this point it's like seeing your dumb dog run into a wall.. Just kinda makes you laugh inside.

kill the banks
09-30-2011, 10:36 PM
Rick who ?

Sentinelrv
09-30-2011, 10:38 PM
This guy is a pest.

IterTemporis
09-30-2011, 10:39 PM
This guy is a pest.

He did argue with Perry in the most recent debate. I appreciate him for that much.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Santorum's campaign at this point revolves around getting media attention by bashing one candidate or another, but mostly Paul. If it wasn't for the 'Santorum attacks X' articles, there wouldn't be very many Santorum campaign news stories to read.

cero
09-30-2011, 10:41 PM
get this out of here pls....

RP Supporter
09-30-2011, 10:41 PM
And on track to raise less then a million.

How quickly Rick's masters have turned on him. At this rate he won't even have enough for a second rate rentboy.:(

XTreat
09-30-2011, 10:45 PM
never saw this coming. Pro-life/defends murder. The man is a walking talking oxymoron.

Esoteric
09-30-2011, 10:46 PM
zzzzzzzzz

FSP-Rebel
09-30-2011, 10:47 PM
Rick launched it on us. or did he..

Feeding the Abscess
09-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Rick Santorum is a pegboy for his neocon masters.

kojirodensetsu
09-30-2011, 10:48 PM
If you notice, Santorum is also calling for the ability for the government to take away citizenship from people based on their actions.

Pizzo
09-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Renunciation of citizenship by action the jackass says. Wasn't McCain pushing for something similar a while back?

RestoreTheRepublic
09-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Do people like Santorum convince themselves that interfering in the internal affairs of sovereign nations "makes us safer?" I just don't understand how that is a conceivable position to take. It's a childish and naive way to look at the world. The man is a complete moron.

Legend1104
09-30-2011, 10:50 PM
He is like a kid throwing a rock at a car that is driving away. The rock never hits the car and the only thing it does is make the thrower feel better.

Restore America Now
09-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Go home...

Suzu
09-30-2011, 10:54 PM
get this out of here pls....

Flag it....

PaulConventionWV
09-30-2011, 10:57 PM
:rolleyes:

Notice the open-ended language. "Awlaki's actions against the US effectively renounced his citizenship, and he could and should be treated like any other terrorist.

This sends a chill down my spine. When will it be acceptable for the government to "effectively renounce" someone's citizenship and kill them whenever they commit an action that the establishment deems treasonous, such as supporting Ron Paul. Oh, the day will come.

But yeah, Santorum's a tool. It does my heart good that he has no chance of winning the nomination. Why does he still act like people care what he says?

specsaregood
09-30-2011, 11:03 PM
never saw this coming. Pro-life/defends murder. The man is a walking talking oxymoron.

Not nearly as surprising as him saying we have to go after iran because of how they treat gays.

Bryan
09-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I for one, congratulate the men and women in uniform who helped make this world safer.
I wonder if that includes the gay ones?

... Wasn't this attack done by a drone? I wonder if he supports "them" too. :rolleyes:

"Ron Paul put up a commentary claiming the terrorist attacks of 9/11 were our own fault" - this is a lie.

The effectively renounced citizenship line is pretty Orwellian.

COpatriot
10-01-2011, 02:09 AM
What did we ever do to deserve Santorum?

Tarzan
10-01-2011, 02:28 AM
This could actually be a good thing. You just KNOW Sanitarium is gonna try to use this in the next debate. Ron should be ready for this. Answer the attack Rickee is sure to launch and refuse to stop speaking until the attack is answered.

The campaign (Wead, perhaps) needs to work on the wording but here is the idea. When attacked Ron makes it clear that this guy was killed on an executive order by the President. The guy (never mention Awlaki by name) was a US citizen. No legal charges were ever brought against him, he was never indicted he had certainly never been tried. There are clear legal means to address any crimes he may have committed but the Obama administration did not use them or the legal means available. The execution was carried out by our military under orders from the commander in chief. Not because he had been found guilty of any crimes... but because the President didn't like the guy. This is a clear violation of the Constitution and our laws. If the president can have someone killed for this type of reason I would warn the Senator... and every person on this stage... to be very mindful that Mr. Obama killed someone with whom he disagreed and was suspicious. And that Mr. Obama may be equally suspicious of everyone on this stage... any of us might be his next target.

jasonxe
10-01-2011, 02:40 AM
...I for one, congratulate the men and women in uniform who helped make this world safer....*mutters* except for the gays

XD

LBennett76
10-01-2011, 12:08 PM
"This is the time to call on Congress and the President to amend the Immigration and Naturalization Act to provide for a renunciation of citizenship by action, he said."

I wonder if he applies this standard to Christians as well. If your actions or behaviors are unChristian-like or you, say, sin... Is your salvation and ticket to Heaven revoked?

erowe1
10-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Hopefully the pope (i.e. the head of Santorum's church) will speak out against the killing.

LBennett76
10-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I just posted this to his Facebook page (I feel dirty for even going there):

"This is the time to call on Congress and the President to amend the Immigration and Naturalization Act to provide for a renunciation of citizenship by action, he said."

I was wondering if you apply this standard to Christians as well. If your actions or behavior are unChristian-like or you, say, sin... Is your salvation and ticket to Heaven revoked?
Just wanted to check your consistency, sir. Because if you hold to one view, ya pretty darn well have to hold to the other. I'm gonna hazard a guess and say you're not part of the "once saved always saved" Christian community.

Dr.RonPaulFan
10-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Wow, another douche.

sailingaway
10-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Did you see Benton's response? http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/64889.html

erowe1
10-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Did you see Benton's response? http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1011/64889.html

He's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya... Jesse Benton, that is.

Tarzan
10-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Notice the open-ended language...

"It depends on what IS is."
"No controlling legal authority."
"I want a kinder, gentler nation."

and the spin goes on :rolleyes:

specsaregood
10-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Hopefully the pope (i.e. the head of Santorum's church) will speak out against the killing.

I don't think that will bother him. The pope already spoke out against torture and santorum is on record as loving it.

erowe1
10-01-2011, 12:37 PM
I don't think that will bother him. The pope already spoke out against torture and santorum is on record as loving it.

It definitely won't bother him. But it will be something good to use for Catholics who see Santorum as the candidate of morality.

LBennett76
10-01-2011, 12:40 PM

Now THAT is a response! "Oh snap!" indeed. :D

Voluntary Man
10-01-2011, 12:46 PM
santorum is one of the few lawyers running for the GOP nomination, and should know better ... as should our "constitutional scholar" president.

... but, yeah, what do you expect from an deuche bag, anti-American, fascist idiot like santorum?

Cowlesy
10-01-2011, 12:47 PM

+REP to Jesse Benton.

specsaregood
10-01-2011, 12:48 PM
santorum is one of the few lawyers running for the GOP nomination, and should know better ... as should our "constitutional scholar" president.
... but, yeah, what do you expect from an deuche bag, anti-American, fascist idiot like santorum?

my impression isn't that lawyers need to know or practice the law, but know how to get around the law.

libertybrewcity
10-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Oh Frothy... At this point it's like seeing your dumb dog run into a wall.. Just kinda makes you laugh inside.

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/cool%20gifs/grand/26952715-cool.gif

John F Kennedy III
10-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Why is Santorum not FAR more popular with the warmongering neocons?

AggieforPaul
10-01-2011, 02:45 PM
I'll admit, I would be in favor of renouncing Rick santorum's citizenship.

LibertyEsq
10-01-2011, 02:53 PM

He endorsed Arlen Specter

Voluntary Man
10-01-2011, 03:38 PM
my impression isn't that lawyers need to know or practice the law, but know how to get around the law.

i suppose that's true; it's all about procedure. ironic, nonetheless.

PoliticalJack.com
10-01-2011, 03:49 PM
He did argue with Perry in the most recent debate. I appreciate him for that much.

To build a fence is what I assume you mean? The dumbest idea known to man kind. Santorum would run the country like his church, be afraid, very afraid if he got elected.

PoliticalJack.com
10-01-2011, 03:50 PM
I'll admit, I would be in favor of renouncing Rick santorum's citizenship.

Most would probably, which is why he shouldn't even be wasting his supporters money in this election because he would never get nominated.

Voluntary Man
10-01-2011, 03:51 PM
This sends a chill down my spine. When will it be acceptable for the government to "effectively renounce" someone's citizenship and kill them whenever they commit an action that the establishment deems treasonous, such as supporting Ron Paul.
ever since the patriot act.

Agorism
10-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Rick is spreading Santorum again.

LawnWake
10-01-2011, 04:07 PM

Hahaha, Santorum is seriously hilarious. Like a cartoon character, it's like no one likes him at all. He's the biggest warmonger but even THAT'S not enough to win over the neo-con elite.

I've compared to him Scott from that South Park episode before and I'll do it again, it's way too apt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1xedaZRoh8

That facial expression, that constant alertness, those mannerisms...