PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire: How ’bout we blow your minds and hold our primary three months from now?

RonPaulFanInGA
09-30-2011, 10:18 PM
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/09/30/new-hampshire-how-bout-we-blow-your-minds-and-hold-our-primary-three-months-from-now/

sailingaway
09-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I posted about this, but not hotair's version. Iowa is apparently going to be Jan 9 per something someone posted, though, and if that is so, NH could be a week or so later. I hope the colleges in Iowa are back in session January 9

RonPaulFanInGA
09-30-2011, 10:21 PM
Iowa is apparently going to be Jan 9 per something someone posted, though, and if that is so, NH could be a week or so later. I hope the colleges in Iowa are back in session January 9

Hope if they do that, Florida moves theirs up again. Tired of these two unworthy states (IA and NH) having an overinflated amount of sway.

sailingaway
09-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Why don't you get tired of it when we have a candidate likely to do better in florida than in those two unworthy states? Because right now Ron does a heck of a lot better in NH and IA than FL.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-30-2011, 10:29 PM
Why don't you get tired of it when we have a candidate likely to do better in florida than in those two unworthy states? Because right now Ron does a heck of a lot better in NH and IA than FL.

It doesn't have to be Florida. But it's absurd that so many campaigns live and die based on the electorate of two small Obama states.

libertybrewcity
09-30-2011, 10:29 PM
We need Florida as late as possible. I would support NH and IA moving up to December. I wish Florida would become a caucus state :(

gosmo
09-30-2011, 10:31 PM
Hope if they do that, Florida moves theirs up again. Tired of these two unworthy states (IA and NH) having an overinflated amount of sway.

Bad idea. Ron has put all of his cards into these states.

trey4sports
09-30-2011, 10:33 PM
Jan. 9 is the day Iowa State University school is back in session. Just looked it up.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-30-2011, 10:34 PM
Bad idea. Ron has put all of his cards into these states.

Iowa, yeah.

New Hampshire is going to go for Romney. Which is why everyone should ignore that state.

gerryb
09-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Iowa, yeah.

New Hampshire is going to go for Romney. Which is why everyone should ignore that state.

Ron can place 2nd there..

muzzled dogg
09-30-2011, 10:58 PM
ron needs 2nd in nh

RP Supporter
09-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Ron can place 1st there. It's early, and Romney's lead is as strong as Guilani's was in 2007. I suspect Romney will be tougher to beat, but if Christie enters and as attacks ramp up against Mitt, we have a chance of usurping his mantle.

Tod
09-30-2011, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I posted about this, but not hotair's version. Iowa is apparently going to be Jan 9 per something someone posted, though, and if that is so, NH could be a week or so later. I hope the colleges in Iowa are back in session January 9

Don't students normally vote in their home state/precinct? (I did). If they are back in school, maybe they will be more likely to miss out on the vote? Dunno. They would lack the comraderie found at the campus....

parocks
09-30-2011, 11:06 PM

I hope the colleges in Iowa are back in session January 9

pivotal.

parocks
09-30-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.registrar.iastate.edu/calendar/

Jan 9 is the day they get back at Iowa State.
Classwork begins Monday, January 9

And Jan 14 is the day they get back at University of Iowa.
Residence Halls open.

Fuk.

They're in what is known as winter session on the 9th.

Double up in Ames.

This is the University of Northern Iowa
Classes begin 8 a.m.
Mon, 01/09/2012 (All day)
so get them.
Only around 14K of them, compared to 30K Hawkeyes.

parocks
09-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Don't students normally vote in their home state/precinct? (I did). If they are back in school, maybe they will be more likely to miss out on the vote? Dunno. They would lack the comraderie found at the campus....

We'd be registering students at schools that were going to be in session.

I would say, right now, people should hold off on doing registrations at the University of Iowa.

I don't even know the rules. There could be same day registration in Iowa.

If Iowa State is in session when the caucus takes place, we want iowa state students to be registered, and registered at iowa state.

If U of Iowa is not in session when the caucus takes place, we really aren't going to able to use special tricks to get them to the caucus whereever they happen to be during winter break. They've got no place to stay in Iowa City on Jan 9.

parocks
09-30-2011, 11:42 PM

Give Ames and Cedar Falls KRS-One.

On January 09.

At

The

Caucus.

The January 09 Rock The Revolution tour and Caucus.

Location: on a flat bed truck, right outside the Ames Iowa Caucus.

Time: right after the Iowa Caucus. During the caucus, KRS-One is inside the caucus talking to everybody.
And this could be repeated many times over. And perhaps people would like to meet and be entertained by Muse?

It certainly would be awesome. And doable.

sailingaway
09-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Iowa, yeah.

You get delegates if you are in the top 3.

sailingaway
09-30-2011, 11:45 PM

I would say, right now, people should hold off on doing registrations at the University of Iowa.

If Iowa State is in session when the caucus takes place, we want iowa state students to be registered, and registered at iowa state.

If U of Iowa is not in session when the caucus takes place, we really aren't going to able to use special tricks to get them to the caucus whereever they happen to be during winter break. They've got no place to stay in Iowa City on Jan 9.

I know you right now can CHANGE registration the day of the caucus, but what if they don't have enough forms? I'm remembering Louisiana where our people followed the rules and the party people refused to give them credit for it.

Also, the Iowa kids MIGHT come back early to vote if they are really gung ho.

And I can't swear it is the 9th, someone just posted that somewhere.

sailingaway
09-30-2011, 11:47 PM

They should have email trees to where everyone will be for all who will be in Iowa, and make a big deal of caucusing and reporting back and really cheer lead it so they have encouragement to actually do it.

Tinnuhana
10-01-2011, 12:45 AM
Some dorms are usually open during winter break. They should be able to stay in their rooms. Also, the ones off campus should be okay. Maybe people could get together with food and stuff for the week to help with morale.

realtonygoodwin
10-01-2011, 12:48 AM
We need to win Iowa, get a strong second in NH, and then do very well in SC...

eleganz
10-01-2011, 02:18 AM
How are the youth for RP groups doing in NH and Iowa? we need those groups at full swing getting the mass college votes...

Esoteric
10-01-2011, 02:22 AM

We need school to be OUT. Students need to be home.

wgadget
10-01-2011, 03:10 AM
I thought they were moving IA to Jan 2?

orenbus
10-01-2011, 03:14 AM
Having a moved up Florida primary definitely hurts us, we need now more than ever to focus our energy, resources and money into IA and NH. Please help fund getting as many volunteers into these two states, also any help chipin any sign projects going on in these two states. The other states won't matter if Ron Paul doesn't have a good showing in the two first states.

Here was the problem with Florida in 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zsr0UpVjoE

orenbus
10-01-2011, 03:23 AM
Iowa, yeah.

WTH??!?!? Dude you do understand that if Ron Paul places 2nd in NH that is a huge benefit in terms of it being a early state and having a snowball effect that provides free media coverage that you can't put a price on right? A Second place showing would help win over many that think he doesn't have a chance. Also he would get delegates!

One Last Battle!
10-01-2011, 07:48 AM
If Ron won Iowa, he could probably win New Hampshire, too.

Romney is strong in NH because the "opposition" to him is viewed as being people like Bachmann, Perry, etc. If Paul were shown to be the opposition to Romney, well, he is far more palatable to NH voters (and his favourability ratings are sky high)

donnay
10-01-2011, 08:10 AM
Lot's of people think Romney is favored in NH because he has a summer home in NH. However, that didn't win him any favors last time around. I know for a fact that the town he has his summer home didn't vote for him. Lot's of people from Massachusetts do not like him nor the things he did in Massachusetts.

Dr. Paul still has a very good chance in NH--do not disregard NH, by any stretch of the imagination! A landslide is what Dr. Paul needs, and more people need to know about him!

JamesButabi
10-01-2011, 08:14 AM
I think less time does not benefit us. The more people see / hear about Ron the better; We are a gradually growing group. The shortened time frame doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

TexMac
10-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Having a moved up Florida primary definitely hurts us, we need now more than ever to focus our energy, resources and money into IA and NH. Please help fund getting as many volunteers into these two states, also any help chipin any sign projects going on in these two states. The other states won't matter if Ron Paul doesn't have a good showing in the two first states.

Here was the problem with Florida in 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zsr0UpVjoE

So depressing.

AgentOrange
10-01-2011, 10:06 AM
Um yeah, it would be best if schools were out. Students must register to vote at their PERMANENT address, not their school address.

And what is this talk of Ron Paul getting 2nd in NH? He must get first, if he can't get first in the most free state in the union, how can we expect him to win any state?

jasonxe
10-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Im not ready for next year :-(

KingNothing
10-01-2011, 10:12 AM
Um yeah, it would be best if schools were out. Students must register to vote at their PERMANENT address, not their school address.

And what is this talk of Ron Paul getting 2nd in NH? He must get first, if he can't get first in the most free state in the union, how can we expect him to win any state?

Eh, It'll go to Romney. Paul can win Iowa though.

ZanZibar
10-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Give Ames and Cedar Falls KRS-One.open and avowed 9/11 conspiracy theorists openly supporting Ron Paul hurt him and his chances.

parocks
10-01-2011, 07:33 PM
open and avowed 9/11 conspiracy theorists openly supporting Ron Paul hurt him and his chances.

I just don't see what the exact process is that would be used to explain to people who don't know KRS-One at all, who he is, and why he's bad, etc. etc., without alerting all the people who do know who he is.

Remember, media blackout?

They don't talk about Ron Paul.

So, we could have anybody, and they don't talk about it.

The most likely scenario is KRS-One plays, and even the people who have a positive opinion of him don't know about these shows.

I can't think of too many methods where the media is able to tell people the KRS-One story, without reminding them that Ron Paul is running for President.

Currently, there are 2 groups of people.

1) The smaller group - they have a generally positive opinion of KRS-One. That includes me.

2) The larger group - they have no idea at all about KRS-One.

If anyone starts talking about this in the media, it'll just tell people that someone they think is kinda cool likes Ron Paul, or someone they never heard of likes Ron Paul.
They know this. They know that they don't want to risk making new fans for Ron Paul by telling them that someone they like likes Ron Paul.

They also don't want to shed their meme that Ron Paul Supporters are unable to do anything but whine to media outlets about press coverage and spamming online polls, but are capable of pulling together events that draw large numbers of people. It tells people that Ron Paul's Grassroots is on top of it.

People were geeking about Lindsey Lohan. People know her, and a substantial number think that she's not entirely serious. I'll take KRS-One.
But it doesn't matter.

Ron Paul has had supporter problems, and he knows how to answer those questions. They'd rather talk about Stormfront than KRS-One. And KRS-One sorta neutralizes Stormfront. In both cases, Ron Paul had nothing to do with it.

This is just not something to worry about.

Barry Manilow is someone everyone was geeking about. Manilow does not have a controversial position on any issue that I'm aware of. But, 35 years ago, when he was making hits, he was not thought of as cool at all. There most certainly is a very large group of people who think that Barry Manilow is not cool.

But all of this, not to worry about.

parocks
10-01-2011, 07:37 PM

Where do you get your information? I voted in NY in college. I thought that because I was spending more than half my time there, I should be able to vote there.

We will be registering Cyclones to vote in Ames. We won't be registering Hawkeyes to vote in Iowa City.

I don't know where college students permanent addresses are, and neither do they.

Register Iowa State Cyclones to vote in Ames unless the caucuses are before Jan 9.

AgentOrange
10-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Where do you get your information? I voted in NY in college. I thought that because I was spending more than half my time there, I should be able to vote there.

Granted I went to college over 20 years ago, so maybe things have changed. But at the time, I went to an out-of-state college, and student housing was not considered registrable to vote, I had to absentee vote based on my my permanent (parents) address. Has this changed?

parocks
10-01-2011, 07:51 PM
We need school to be OUT. Students need to be home.

No, the opposite.

We need them in college.

A massive turnout in Ames and Cedar Falls.

They'll be home in Iowa City.

parocks
10-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Granted I went to college over 20 years ago, so maybe things have changed. But at the time, I went to an out-of-state college, and student housing was not considered registrable to vote, I had to absentee vote based on my my permanent (parents) address. Has this changed?

Well, I lived in an apartment, so I don't know. I'm about the same age as you.

It's obviously something we should look into.

cornell
10-01-2011, 08:02 PM
You can register to vote where you attend college. I'm currently attending college in NY and I'm registered to vote here. Not from NY originally, have my actual home in NC.

parocks
10-02-2011, 12:16 PM

http://www.rockthevote.com/voting-is-easy/the-voting-process/faq/#quest13

I am a student. Can I register to vote at my school address?

YES. You have the right to register to vote at your school address, this includes a dorm room. Any student living in a dorm is entitled to the same rights as any other student. To imply otherwise is illegal. If you receive mail in a Post Office box you can sign an affidavit (or, in some cases, get a letter from your college's Residential Life office) asserting that you live at your dorm address. For more info, check out our page on student rights.

"This includes a dorm room"

http://www.rockthevote.com/voting-is-easy/voting-rights/student-rights/

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/15/opinion/15sat3.html?ex=1355374800&en=81855518c6143ff5&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss

http://www.sos.nh.gov/College%20Student%20Voting.pdf

eleganz
10-02-2011, 12:59 PM
You can register to vote where you attend college. I'm currently attending college in NY and I'm registered to vote here. Not from NY originally, have my actual home in NC.

I hope you're apart of the Youth for RP program and getting the word out there asap.

tremendoustie
10-02-2011, 01:01 PM

Um, you do know that NH is one of, if not the most liberty oriented state in the country, while FL is one of the least?

Rocco
10-02-2011, 01:54 PM
Do you go to cornell university by chance?

Keith and stuff
10-02-2011, 02:06 PM
It doesn't have to be Florida. But it's absurd that so many campaigns live and die based on the electorate of two small Obama states.

Obama states?

Here is the thing, every 4 years a 100 or so people run for prez. It is really hard for many of those folks to campaign in a small, inexpensive media location like NH. Think about how hard it would be in a place like FL, PA, TN or one of the large western states. Since 1952 NH has had the most important primary in the US.

Thankfully, the folks of NH provide this wonderful service to the rest of the US. It's also great that voters in IA, NV and the a little bit larger population state of SC help with this process.

Keith and stuff
10-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Iowa, yeah.

Perhaps you don't know but NH is by far the most focused on state in the race to be prez. If Ron Paul ignored it then his whole campaign would collapse and many of his supporters would likely even laugh at him.

tsai3904
10-02-2011, 02:42 PM
We have until Friday, October 14, to convince registered Democrats in New Hampshire to register Undeclared or Republican. After 10/14, registered Democrats will not be eligible to vote for Ron Paul in the Republican primary.

Encourage Dem's to register Republican. If they are hesitant, tell them they can register Undeclared and still have the option to vote in the Republican primary if they change their mind later.

Keith and stuff
10-02-2011, 11:05 PM
Um, you do know that NH is one of, if not the most liberty oriented state in the country, while FL is one of the least?

While I am not disagreeing with you. I think NH is the freest state in the US. As for FL, what are you using as a source? Freedom in the 50 States says FL is better than average, http://mercatus.org/freedom-50-states-2011/FL

parocks
10-05-2011, 11:43 PM
this says jan 9 for iowa - does nevada effect this?