PDA

View Full Version : I honestly can not believe the blood-lust in these comments - Ron Paul on Anwar Al-Awlaki

jordie
09-30-2011, 09:37 PM
These people here, I had to sign up just to reply to them because they disgusted me so much! These people, what the hell!! And now they're hating on Dr Paul because he's defending an AMERICAN CITIZEN's right to live? Help out with the comments please...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/30/ron-paul-american-al-qaed_n_989129.html

iamse7en
09-30-2011, 10:29 PM
The country (and her people) has lost its freedom, principles, and morals.

EvilEngineer
09-30-2011, 11:06 PM
The country (and her people) has lost its freedom, principles, and morals.

which begs the question. Is it worth saving?

AJ187
09-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I things for sure, we REALLY DO deserve the government that we have today.

rnestam
09-30-2011, 11:15 PM
I was just going to start a thread on this. I was laughing at first, sent the link from HuffPo to a few lefty friends, but by the time I got to like the 10th page of comments it really started scaring the shit out of me. Bush got 1/2" of the country ready to march into war, and now Obama has gotten the rest. Totally appears to me now that WW3 is actually a reality that is fast coming. God I hate partisan sheep.

AGRP
09-30-2011, 11:17 PM
http://tobefree.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/wash_dees.jpg

AJ187
09-30-2011, 11:18 PM
I was just going to start a thread on this. I was laughing at first, sent the link from HuffPo to a few lefty friends, but by the time I got to like the 10th page of comments it really started scaring the shit out of me. Bush got 1/2" of the country ready to march into war, and now Obama has gotten the rest. Totally appears to me now that WW3 is actually a reality that is fast coming. God I hate partisan sheep.

That's a good assessment, unfortunately.

Anti Federalist
09-30-2011, 11:22 PM

Wait until another "terror" attack happens.

gjdavis60
09-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Comments on HuffPo calling what Ron said "treason" and clamoring for his arrest! Nobody is phased that we have ceded so much unchecked power to the executive. They actually believe a president should be unfettered to do whatever he wants - for the people, of course - at least when their team is in office. The rise of the cult of personality in America is complete. We don't have a constitution or laws anymore, just a 4 year, rotating monarchy.

Pizzo
09-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Is it sad that I'm not shocked?

AGRP
09-30-2011, 11:42 PM
You guys are aware cointelpro is out there?

Anti Federalist
09-30-2011, 11:45 PM
You guys are aware cointelpro is out there?

Yes, well aware of it.

But there are real people behind those posts as well.

I know, I've been talking to them today.

Napolitanic Wars
09-30-2011, 11:56 PM
Funny how I posted the one positive thread about this issue, and it got buried. You people need a beer.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Funny how I posted the one positive thread about this issue, and it got buried. You people need a beer.

I wish a beer could make me forget the fact that extrajudicial incinerations are now, seemingly, a matter of settled policy.

NewRightLibertarian
10-01-2011, 12:08 AM
They're dehumanized soulless victims of totalitarian government propaganda. Hopefully because of the internet and access to information, they will be defeated. Still, I do not see the end result being good because of the government's ruthlessness. They'd bomb the whole world into oblivion before they allowed freedom to be regained

Pericles
10-01-2011, 12:16 AM
But this is telling you something you already knew. If the righists at least pay some notional tribute to freedom and liberty while denying it to those who oppose them, the leftists show no such quandry in their system of morality as any tyranny they practice is done with the approval of their conscience.

VoluntaryAmerican
10-01-2011, 03:36 AM
Yeah, got to page 3 of the comments and wanted to bang my head against the keyboard...

ConvertedRepublican
10-01-2011, 03:57 AM
We don't have a constitution or laws anymore, just a 4 year, rotating monarchy.

Love that. Sad and true.

Austrian Econ Disciple
10-01-2011, 04:18 AM
This is why we need to organize into geographic majorities and start disassociating ourselves from the tyranny and those who prop it up (sheep). I am doing my part as part of the FSP, however, those of you guys who love liberty should seriously re-consider wanting to live around people and in a community who would have no problem assassinating you for dissenting against the State. We need to band together. As the old Classical Liberal line goes -- SOLIDARITY. I can't urge enough to start forming communities with like-minded folks and becoming a majority either in Wyoming with Free State Wyoming, or New Hampshire with the FSP.

rnestam
10-01-2011, 06:25 AM
I keep reading "he forfeited those rights once he said something bad about the USA...blah blah blah"...does anyone know if this guy was formally stripped of his citizenship? If not the POTUS just used our military against US citizens. Which IS a crime no?

demolama
10-01-2011, 06:31 AM
There never was an antiwar left or right. It is only when their party is in power they stop hating war. In reality it is one big party in favor of war. American exceptionalism at its best. We need something to finally knock this chip off our shoulder and realize we are not exceptional.

demolama
10-01-2011, 06:34 AM
. We don't have a constitution or laws anymore, just a 4 year, rotating monarchy.

A least a monarch cares about the mess he leaves since it is going to be left to his son. Presidents don't care about what kind of mess they leave the next person.

AgentOrange
10-01-2011, 08:07 AM
I agree, I am shocked at how the majority of comments on various boards support the power of the President to order the assassination of any American citizen without a trial. *if* there was really evidence that this al-Awlaki was such a bad dude, then why not hold a trial in abstentia, and then sentence him to execution if he were found guilty? (I don't support the death penalty, but I could be more accepting of this sentence if it were given after due process) At least, then there would be a record of his guilt-if found guilty, his dad could get a lawyer to present a defense, and constitutional rights would be intact.

More than ever, I realize what an uphill battle Ron Paul, and any freedom-fighting candidate has. Even considering that maybe 25% of the comments are from paid government provacateurs, it still shows that most Americans do not care about their constitutional rights. Many of my friends & family didn't even make the connection (until I pointed it out to them), that this sets a precedent for trampling any US citizens rights.

Now, this guy was probably guilty, which is always how the slippery slope starts. People agree to an "obvious" exception to the rule, and before we know it exception is the new rule. If people aren't willing to stand up for an US citizens right to life, unless sentenced otherwise by a judge & jury....its hard to hold out much hope for the future of the US as a constitutional republic.

TNforPaul45
10-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Only the worst of the worst + cointelpro will post in stories like that, and us trying to fight the storm. Unfortunatley the masses will only parrot "killing that terrorist was godd" and "ron paul is crazy" and will move on.

Read the comments on the cnn.com version of this story. Both libs and repubs were bashing him. One lib said "this is what you would expect from someone like paul who said l'let them die' on stage the other night."

They are all so lost in their emotional enigmas and feelings blankets that their minds have shut down completely and they are willingly warping reality to match their desired emotional outcomes.

Very sad state of affairs indeed.

COpatriot
10-01-2011, 09:09 AM
These people make me embarrassed to be an American.

vita3
10-01-2011, 09:58 AM
The media has won. They shape & own the majority of Americans.

zach
10-01-2011, 10:03 AM
I find that I feel slightly better about humanity when I don't look at the comment section of every news article that includes Ron Paul and his "loony" statements.

muh_roads
10-01-2011, 10:19 AM
I find that I feel slightly better about humanity when I don't look at the comment section of every news article that includes Ron Paul and his "loony" statements.

Keep buying silver. That is the only way I feel better.

affa
10-01-2011, 10:25 AM
But this is telling you something you already knew. If the righists at least pay some notional tribute to freedom and liberty while denying it to those who oppose them, the leftists show no such quandry in their system of morality as any tyranny they practice is done with the approval of their conscience.

Not really the time to continue trying to damn the left and defend the right. People on both 'sides' (when in fact, we are all citizens) are defending this travesty.

affa
10-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Many of my friends & family didn't even make the connection (until I pointed it out to them), that this sets a precedent for trampling any US citizens rights.

This.
Most people are likely -not- drawing the connection. They are believing the gov't at it's word, and hearing 'we stopped a terrorist'. We, however, hear the news and hear 'we assassinated an American citizen'. This isn't because those other people are 'leftist', or 'stupid', or that they blindly 'follow Obama'... it's because they've let the media define the world for them, something hoards of people across the political spectrum have done.

People on both sides WILL agree with us, if we can rewire the message in their brains. The media likely will pay only scant attention, if not downplay, the difference.

Dr.3D
10-01-2011, 10:33 AM
Most people are so busy trying to make a living, they don't have time to research, thus they believe what they see on TV and hear on the radio. Those who are not too busy trying to make a living are just too lazy to research the facts. This is why the media has been picking a president for the people for so many years.

Napolitanic Wars
10-01-2011, 10:35 AM
The comfort I have at this time is being ethically superior despite the mob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keZlextkcDI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pY7faqBfxpc

libertyjam
10-01-2011, 10:39 AM
The die hard neo-cons are now showing their true colors all over the place.

On the other hand I am starting to see a lot of good rebuttals in the comments to the OP link now.

Right now a lot of people are responding in pure emotion, and some of them will actually regret their position when their emotions have died down a bit, whether they admit it or not.

Ronulus
10-01-2011, 10:51 AM
This country may be dead already. We will find out come election time.

BlackTerrel
10-01-2011, 11:03 AM

Keep in mind that about 0.1% of people who read an article will actually comment. It's not a representative sample - it's a sample of people who comment. Check out a YoiTube video with 50,000,000 views and it has 10,000 comments.

(I say the same thing when comments are pro-Paul).

Seraphim
10-01-2011, 11:58 AM
It's so sad that Monarch's of the past were better rulers then the nonsense we have today. So sad.

Monarchs used to tax their peasents HALF as much as our unfettered democracies do today. EMBARASSING.

A least a monarch cares about the mess he leaves since it is going to be left to his son. Presidents don't care about what kind of mess they leave the next person.

Anti Federalist
10-01-2011, 11:59 AM
Keep in mind that about 0.1% of people who read an article will actually comment. It's not a representative sample - it's a sample of people who comment. Check out a YoiTube video with 50,000,000 views and it has 10,000 comments.

(I say the same thing when comments are pro-Paul).

Meh.

That doesn't comfort me.

All you are saying is that of the millions who read an article, only a small fraction can come out of their Prozac induced stupor long enough to vomit up some hatred and crawl back.

Voluntary Man
10-01-2011, 12:00 PM
I things for sure, we REALLY DO deserve the government that we have today.

speak for yourself. the people who promote, support, and defend the current system may deserve it; but i don't, and my children don't. that's kind of like saying a woman deserves to be raped, because she hasn't done enough to change the culture that tolerates it.

Pericles
10-01-2011, 02:45 PM
Not really the time to continue trying to damn the left and defend the right. People on both 'sides' (when in fact, we are all citizens) are defending this travesty.

The reason i said notional tribute is because when it actually come to doing it, they are missing in action as well.

juleswin
10-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Huffigtonpost and AOL forums are usually scary and I bet my right pinky tha they are not representative of the American public. But on the other hand, democraticunderground and firedoglake seem to be supportive of our position.

Deborah K
10-01-2011, 03:35 PM
which begs the question. Is it worth saving?

I have children and grandchildren. Yes, it's worth saving, it's worth fighting for...with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

Deborah K
10-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Comments on HuffPo calling what Ron said "treason" and clamoring for his arrest! Nobody is phased that we have ceded so much unchecked power to the executive. They actually believe a president should be unfettered to do whatever he wants - for the people, of course - at least when their team is in office. The rise of the cult of personality in America is complete. We don't have a constitution or laws anymore, just a 4 year, rotating monarchy.

They believe it until a republican is elected....if liberals didn't have double-standards - they'd have no standards at all.

affa
10-01-2011, 03:57 PM
The reason i said notional tribute is because when it actually come to doing it, they are missing in action as well.

Background -- I've never supported a presidential candidate, let alone president, my entire lifetime, before Ron Paul. During the Bush years, many on the 'left' were in the streets, denouncing the actions of Bush. The right, as presented by the media and pronounced 'neo-cons', seemed to defend his every action, no matter how tyrannical. Torture, Guantanamo, endless war, pre-emptive strikes.

Now, Obama is in office, and the media simply switched its spin mid-stride. Now, according to them, it's the right that's against the wars, against the assassinations, against the drone bombing.

In actuality, I don't think either presentation is correct. The media is adept at spinning the tale, person-on-the-street interviews (ie, public opinion) is easily contrived -- you need only interview a thousand people till someone says something that you can present as the 'common man's opinion'.

Those on the left that I know personally are sick of the bombings, the wars, the torture, and even Obama. They feel hoodwinked, and more and more are waking up to the same thing many of us here have known for a long time -- the establishment is the establishment, and the game they are playing pits us against each other on controversial issues (abortion, etc) while moving forward in the same general direction.

We must use this to our advantage, because as more people wake up, left or right, they will come to realize the only true anti-establishment candidate is Ron Paul. Left, right, independent. However, just as ex-neo-cons have to jump through certain mental hurdles to accept Ron Paul (ie, admit they were wrong about our foreign policy), ex-libs have to overcome the same sort of hurdles -- namely, the decades of negative reinforced beliefs they hold about what identifying as a 'Republican' means. Neither is an easy journey, for most humans never want to admit they were wrong, and this can be an arduous process.

Remember, most people tend only to watch/read/consume media that they already agree with. This makes our information-rich media a sort of reflecting pool, an echochamber where you hear the same thing, told various ways, over and over. The 'other side' is constantly ridiculed and misrepresented, and we're constantly reinforced that 'we are right' and 'they are stupid'.

This is not the case, not really. Yes, there are the awake, and the asleep. But despite claims we can't cure stupidity (which, sadly, seems to be the case) it is my opinion the majority are simply asleep, cajoled by the media into misunderstanding themselves and their society.

We must attempt to connect with everyone, and not write off an entire segment of the population that may very well ally with us in the long haul. The media will work tirelessly to separate us, to divide us. We must work tirelessly to unite. As powerful as the media complex is, grassroots can be more powerful.

juleswin
10-01-2011, 06:46 PM
They believe it until a republican is elected....if liberals didn't have double-standards - they'd have no standards at all.

Those sites I mentioned are liberal websites and for the most part they are with us when its comes to the extra judicial killing of so called terrorists. I think the double standard is that they would have started a nationwide protest if a republican started an unconstitutional war and then assasinated an american instead they are complaining sitting in the comfort of their living room