PDA

View Full Version : 45 Seconds of Ron Paul on a Bike!

AGRP
09-30-2011, 04:18 PM
For some reason I really like this. I think its because it makes him appear human :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvWo8KC-5Ko&feature=feedu

Sola_Fide
09-30-2011, 04:21 PM
Cool.

ghengis86
09-30-2011, 04:25 PM
I like his response to the reporter's question, "is this wheels up to the white house?"

"I guess, I don't know, whatever..." as he rides off

Just riding a bike dude!

AGRP
09-30-2011, 04:29 PM
I like his response to the reporter's question, "is this wheels up to the white house?"

"yeah, sure, whatever..." as he rides off

Yeah, I thought the same lol.

What Ron was really thinking: "yeah, sure, whatever...lets end the fed." :)

bunklocoempire
09-30-2011, 06:15 PM
For some reason I really like this. I think its because it makes him appear human :D

Lotsa folks said that about Kermit (human/real) when the Muppets movie came out...:D No harm meant Dr. Paul!;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiUOzmy0CUc

EDIT: Love that tune!!:)

Bunkloco

one male human
09-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Lotsa folks said that about Kermit (human/real) when the Muppets movie came out...:D No harm meant Dr. Paul!;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiUOzmy0CUc

EDIT: Love that tune!!:)

Bunkloco

+rep if I could

eduardo89
09-30-2011, 06:53 PM
He should get a Copenhagen wheel for his bike.

fisharmor
09-30-2011, 06:55 PM
I like this video,
because of what he's not wearing.

V3n
09-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Brings a smile to my face.. and the "Wheels up" comment, classic.

AdamT
09-30-2011, 07:06 PM
LOL "Wheels up? I guess.....pfft...whatever...". Rides off.

AGRP
09-30-2011, 07:17 PM
Brings a smile to my face.. and the "Wheels up" comment, classic.

LOL "Wheels up? I guess.....pfft...whatever...". Rides off.

He's the cutest thing since fluffy puppies.

Sola_Fide
09-30-2011, 07:21 PM
"Wheels up? I guess, I don't know, whatever." :)

Napolitanic Wars
09-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Watching that makes me wonder what it's like to be friends with Ron. He's so much like Yoda to me that the thought of riding a bike with him, talking about the weather and such seems so cool.

freejack
09-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Wow he even preaches the message while riding a bike. This man sweats pure liberty!

ronnilingus
09-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Bike Tough 2012

satchelmcqueen
09-30-2011, 11:29 PM
giant or specialized needs to produce a "ron paul freedom edition" mountain and road bike. id buy one!!

tribute_13
09-30-2011, 11:36 PM
He's so normal. At the end it sounds like he said, "Hey guys" to the other bikers. Just a "grumpy" old man, enjoying good weather and good company.

Knightskye
09-30-2011, 11:47 PM
Explaining individual liberty while riding a bike without a helmet. Man of his word.

Tarzan
09-30-2011, 11:57 PM
I hate to just throw out an idea when I have no intention of making it happen. I could help with graphics and stuff... but, not with the organizing. So, lazy bastard that I am here is the idea if somebody feels like picking it up and running with it... and, god knows I am no biker. Unless there is an engine involved.

Ron Paul Bike Rally Fund Raiser
Get RP to participate in a biking event. Do it like a bike rally and collect fees from the participants. Have it in some location well suited to biking and media exposure. Make one of the conditions a requirement to wear a Ron Paul shirt. Get shirts of all the same color and design so everybody looks the same and the message is unavoidable. Plan a route that gets the maximum exposure and it is difficult to miss the riders. Do something clever with staging... have Ron start off each group like a pace car then let the pack take off. He could then return to the start to launch another group. Don't make it overly taxing on Ron but plan to get the best exposure of him leading other riders and give the riders a chance to be close to him in the field... a great photo op. Maybe do this is an early primary state while the climate and topography allows. Choose a location for the best exposure and results but plan it to minimize any annoyance to the residence (you don't want to shut down all their busy roads).

Collect fees for the race to cover any charges and fees. Have a separate donation for campaign contributions... or, maybe have a fee schedule. Those paying race fees only get white shirts... fee plus $XX donation gets blue shirt... fee plus $XXX donation gets gold shirt... fee plus $XXX donation gets red shirt and gets to ride with Ron. A pledge like approach could be used. Have riders get pledges from friends, family & supporters to attend and participate... or, mile completed pledges by business supporters. Make sure the fees are separated out and not confused with campaign donations for legal and accounting reasons. Setup a sponsors pledge site where remote supporters could make pledges based on set criteria... miles ridden, sponsor a rider, etc... get a live web feed up and running and make it an internet event.

Setup Ron Paul tabling at water stations.... hand out materials to spectators... spread the word through direct contact. Get the local (and national) media involved... radio, tv & print. Get local celebrities to participate... issue them a challenge... get a local tv reporter to particpate and get a filmed segment... make it national. Have Ron reissue his biking challenge to the other Republican candidates... make it a national challenge. (have ambulances standing by for Newt & the Pizza Guy... have aspirin ready for Bakmann... somebody show RomKnee how a bike works)

It could be a fun event or a serious race... or, a combination of the two. Combine it with a speaking engagement... have the entire field and spectators attend a RP speaking event timed to fit into the days event(s). Expand it into a freedom event and have training classes, an after rally party, and other reasons for Ron Paul supporters from around the country to attend.

The weather in Iowa & New Hampshire will be closing in pretty soon and this will take some time to plan and organizae. South Carolina might be the better option.

Tarzan
10-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Napolitanic Wars had an idea for a "Ride With Ron" in IA & NH. Perhaps these ideas could be combined and have multiple events in different cities where Ron will already be appearing. Call it "Ron Paul, Race Across America" or something with more panache. I think we might be onto something good here. Good media exposure potential, good local exposure, a great draw event, shows that RP is vital and capable of handling the rigors of the presidency, a good fund raising opportunity, require all riders to wear Ron Paul shirts for a moving billboard, gives ronpaulhawaii an excuse to get out his bike again, excellent outreach potential in the local area (include tabling, etc.)... this could be this cycles Blimp but generate some real, measurable results.

The more I think about this the more I think it could be an excellent project!

PaulConventionWV
10-01-2011, 01:05 PM

...which we all know he is not.

Or is it that he is the only one? I forget. I'm confused.

Matthew5
10-01-2011, 01:14 PM
"I guess, I dunno, whatever..." :cool:

pauliticalfan
10-01-2011, 02:45 PM
wheels up, whatever

Sola_Fide
10-01-2011, 02:58 PM
He's so normal. At the end it sounds like he said, "Hey guys" to the other bikers. Just a "grumpy" old man, enjoying good weather and good company.

One of our video gurus should make a "Ron Paul: Grumpy Old Man?" video. I can think of a few clips off the top of my head where Ron is laughing or being optimistic about life in general.

CaptainAmerica
10-01-2011, 03:26 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfLjgbuMsUMCStsKmdw3YUNMgdjJim5 OyVkrXJDfwQgTXAIFmn

GeorgiaAvenger
10-01-2011, 06:28 PM
Looks like this was linked to a popular RP 2012 facebook page