PDA

View Full Version : Extra-Judicial Killing

ChrisDiamond
09-30-2011, 02:16 PM
The latest Liberty Minute discusses the killing of Americans, and known al Qaeda operatives Anwar al Awlaki and Samir Khan in Yemen.

http://thelibertyminute.com/2011/09/30/extra-judicial-killing.aspx

As always, comments and criticisms appreciated.

ChrisDiamond
09-30-2011, 07:22 PM
I would really like people's thoughts on this. How do you feel about the impact al Awlaki's death has on the future of Constitutional protection?

virgil47
09-30-2011, 08:07 PM
I would really like people's thoughts on this. How do you feel about the impact al Awlaki's death has on the future of Constitutional protection?

This killing is not anything new. Bonnie and Clyde were likewise assassinated as have been numerous enemies of the State over the years. Making Anwar al Awlaki into some kind of folk hero will not change anything other than alienate a lot of prospective Ron Paul voters.

ChrisDiamond
10-01-2011, 05:42 PM
Oh I don't intend to make al Awlaki a folk hero or any other type of hero. What I'm concerned about is the fact (whether it's precedent or not) that the President can disregard our Constitutional protections and kill us on his command.

virgil47
10-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Oh I don't intend to make al Awlaki a folk hero or any other type of hero. What I'm concerned about is the fact (whether it's precedent or not) that the President can disregard our Constitutional protections and kill us on his command.

I understand your drift however the vast number of the electorate feel these two were enemy combatants as they were aiding and abetting the enemy. If Ron Paul and those on this board take the position that these two were poor guiltless Americans that were executed by a rogue president the general electorate will believe that we are pulling for the wrong team so to speak. If that happens we all lose.