PDA

View Full Version : Help in Posting a Response to ABC News

Oklahoman
09-30-2011, 12:39 PM
Can someone assist me please in posting my response to this link?

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/ron-paul-on-awlaki-killing-sad-precedent/

For some reason it tells me I'm posting too fast even though it's my first (and only) post. Thank you!

My post:

We are resigned to become a nation of Vigilantes instead of a nation of Law.

There is a precedence that is being set that is being largely ignored, and that is exactly what Ron Paul is talking about.

I think Emotionally if you survey 100% of the populace including Ron Paul, 100% would agree that this person needed immediate elimination as a threat to our society. It is the methods in which we conduct ourselves that make us "American". It is the method of Law that allows us to be a civilized society rather than a mob enforcing our emotions at will.

He should have been captured, tried, and convicted by a jury of his peers. Emotionally I see wanting to "take him out"...I get it, so does everyone else defending Mr. Paul time and time again. It's the precedence of a slippery slope that Ron Paul stands for.

I'm not a "Pauliac". Ron has a ton of questions I still need answered, because yes, I want to make sure my children are PROTECTED. I'm still not so sure about his positiion with Iran, but fundamentally, he is a staunch supporter of the law of the United States, the US Constitution and yes, it's corresponding amendments.

But to point out that Rick Perry throws American Law out the window on a "whim"? For emotion? Do we really want someone to have their finger on the "red button" that is ruled by emotion and not the law? Where is the protection for my family in that logic?

Where's ABC News, staunchly a Civil Rights left-winged media outlet defending Ron Paul? Where's that mentality? I'm disappointed, because Ron is supporting your view that ALL humans, or better yet, ALL Americans deserve equal and equitable treatment. Where's the liberal media when a Republican STANDS UP for the rights of an individual?

Oh yeah, he's Republican.......

Might want to think about the double standard we live in......

D.A.S.
09-30-2011, 12:45 PM
Happened to me there before, too. Just try again - it will go through.

mczerone
09-30-2011, 01:54 PM
Send it as is. Don't spend any more time addressing the media itself, they have shown repeatedly that they are not going to change their tune, especially as a result of "paulites" writing them letters.

A better idea is to rework this into a letter to the editor of your LOCAL newspaper. Then it might get printed and seen by potential voters. Work around the media, not against it.