PDA

View Full Version : Should I post this? It's not entirely accurate.

RonPaulVolunteer
09-30-2011, 01:42 AM
See this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAo50xOn8AI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAo50xOn8AI

I'm not sure I should put this on Flix since they make it appear that Ron is flip flopping.

What do you think?

VoluntaryAmerican
09-30-2011, 01:47 AM
They are misunderstanding his position, and overall just a boring video. But it's good to see them talking about Ron.

Pipeking
09-30-2011, 01:47 AM
I say don't. But you could make a poll.

Esoteric
09-30-2011, 01:48 AM
I didn't like it.. but, that's ME. A democrat would salivate over this video.

notsure
09-30-2011, 01:58 AM
Sure, I think that'll fly. I already knew how Ron viewed our priorities, so it doesn't affect me. I think it makes him sound reasonable. It's not like this is a new message. Ron's been saying this for a long time. It's the media's spin that's changing. They just haven't been paying attention to Ron's message or refused to acknowledge the truth. I don't think it would hurt to add that to the site, I would expect more of this type of spin in the future as Ron becomes more mainstream.

Crystallas
09-30-2011, 02:05 AM
You are right to say that it could make Ron look like a flip-flopper, and they do package the spot to deliver that message.

However, this is the typical media, they are selectively hearing what they want to hear. Before, all they heard was cut, now they hear a little bit more. The next thing you would expect, is reporting on Ron's idea to phase out dependancy and his opt out systems. All you can do is shake your head and hope people that view this, look into it some more.

doctor jones
09-30-2011, 02:09 AM
I think its a good video. People know he's serious about balancing the budget... what people are afraid of is him taking away THEIR entitlement. This video clears a lot of that up.

Article V
09-30-2011, 02:59 AM
Republicans likely won't watch it because it's MSNBC. Democrats might and will like it.

Fact is, it happened. Put it up. If it needs clarification for some people, I'm sure they'll ask questions and start a discussion in the comment thread beneath the video. And any time someone's curious about Ron Paul enough to ask a question, then we're more likely to pull them to our side.

HeyArchie
09-30-2011, 03:04 AM
I'm an independent and I liked it. I think exactly the way Ron does. I'm not a fan of the entitlement system (not only economically, but morally), but people have become so reliant on it that it's not something you can just end on day 1. The Fed on the other hand...

And this isn't new as they said. He was saying this in 2008 I believe.

Feeding the Abscess
09-30-2011, 04:37 AM
He's been saying this for many, many years - perhaps there's a way to upload the video and also note this in the title/description?

Sweman
09-30-2011, 05:04 AM
And this isn't new as they said. He was saying this in 2008 I believe.

He's been saying this for many, many years - perhaps there's a way to upload the video and also note this in the title/description?I agree. It's a good video except for the implications of flip flopping. A little editing and it's very publishable.

NJames
09-30-2011, 05:43 AM
It is entirely misleading. They said that Paul is "for entitlements." That's completely wrong. He is in favor of phasing them out, primarily by an opt out for younger citizens. These guys are clueless and a person getting there info from this video be misinformed.

mczerone
09-30-2011, 05:47 AM
Post it.

Then see if we can find an old video/press release when he's saying the same thing, and include a note linking to that info.

Darin
09-30-2011, 06:53 AM
YES! Put it up. And thanks for posting that here. Yes, they misunderstand that it is not an old position, but they didn't put as much emphasis on that. I can't tell you how many times I've heard people hate Paul because they don't understand that he just pull the rug out from everyone. I mean when they hear he wants to end Social Security, they just automatically shut down. So it's good that his actual ideas are getting out there. They aren't portraying him as the guy who will let people die on the street. I've never seen such a positive piece about him on MSNBC, and never would I have thought that it would come from Chuck. That's awesome.

- Darin