PDA

View Full Version : POST-Ron Paul's REP problem

BUSHLIED
09-29-2011, 11:19 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/ron-pauls-republican-problem/2011/09/28/gIQAttNJ5K_blog.html

Interesting analysis...it's what we have been talking about... why Ron is not expanding his base big enough? He has got to reach traditional GOPers. Do you think this is correct and why the FOX polls are so low?

Proph
09-29-2011, 11:45 PM
It appears the easiest way to expand his base is to get registered Democrats, independents, and unregistered voters to register as Republican. That might be the key. Hah.

When are the major deadlines for the key closed primaries? It wouldn't hurt to start pushing early to give people plenty of time to switch.

Also...that might offer some insight as to why the media has been treating him this way. Instead of looking at the positives of how he can unite both sides, they look at what they DON'T want. Democrats (or stations that lean toward that end of the spectrum) don't want to cut social programs and want government to grow. Republicans don't like his stance on the wars. That could also be why FOX Business seems more favorable towards him; their viewership doesn't really care about the wars...they just want to make more money.

Iunno...just thoughts. I've written too many long posts today to go into detail with that idea...although it might be a good topic for someone to write about in a major paper. I don't think I've read anything like that, yet.

Paul4Prez
09-30-2011, 01:09 AM
The article is completely bogus. They finally admit he has a huge following, then still try to claim he can't win.
They claim Ron (and Rand) Paul supporters will leave the Republican Party, when we are the future of it -- look at his share of the youth vote.
They finally admit he hit 8 percent 4 years ago in the primaries, and neglect to mention that he was polling below 5 percent back then.

They're growing increasingly desperate, unable to stop the grassroots landslide that is building...