PDA

View Full Version : With the media ignoring us, do we have a shot? Serious question

Spanky
09-29-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm pushing like mad to get people registered, sending messages, inviting people to the moneybombs

Over 7 days and we're still short $700k for his end of quarter money bomb which is super important

can we hit the $6 million on oct 19th? Do we stand a chance in the election with them ignoring us?

davidt!
09-29-2011, 03:48 PM
As far as the 19th I think we have a great shot. This was organized and promoted early so we have a lot of momentum building. I think Q3 totals will turn out pretty good. I think if we get 1st or 2nd in Iowa and or NH we have a good shot.

Spanky
09-29-2011, 03:49 PM
I just need some confidence to keep pushing and not give up. I'm very passionate about changing this country and making it what it can be. We have so much going for us

bluesc
09-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Yes.

Iowa, NH, Nevada, SC. If he doesn't win one of those, then it's time to panic. Right now, there is absolutely no reason to assume he can't win. He is statistically tied for 2nd in Iowa, and if it were held today, there is a chance he would win it.

The media make it as tough as possible, but it is still absolutely doable. All the people here wouldn't be dedicating so much to the cause if they didn't believe that.

Have faith.

oboym
09-29-2011, 03:54 PM
We need to take the message to the streets. I just ordered 1200 Ron Paul bumper stickers and I'm going to pass them out for free on street corners of Omaha Neb, And pass on the good word of Ron Paul.

No one but Ron Paul 2012

KingNothing
09-29-2011, 03:55 PM
Paul's got a shot if he takes home the early states, which is a definite possibility. Perry is fading, Bachmann is done, and Cain might be peaking too early without the chops to hang on to his support. We'll see how it turns out.

Bruno
09-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Operation: Blanket Iowa and New Hampshire

D.A.S.
09-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Paul's got a shot if he takes home the early states, which is a definite possibility. Perry is fading, Bachmann is done, and Cain might be peaking too early without the chops to hang on to his support. We'll see how it turns out.

I agree!

LibertyEsq
09-29-2011, 04:02 PM
We simply need to win Iowa and/or NH. Our chances will triple if that happens

D.A.S.
09-29-2011, 04:04 PM
can we hit the $6 million on oct 19th? Do we stand a chance in the election with them ignoring us?

YES... and YES.

Czolgosz
09-29-2011, 04:05 PM
We need to take the message to the streets. I just ordered 1200 Ron Paul bumper stickers and I'm going to pass them out for free on street corners of Omaha Neb, And pass on the good word of Ron Paul.

I think people are missing this critical component. Being the media is completely snubbing RP it's up to *us* to be Ron's media. A date should be set for RPF members to stand on their busiest street corner w/ RP signs, all across Amurica.

Guitarzan
09-29-2011, 04:06 PM
His name is on the ballot. He has a chance.

Spanky
09-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Name the date, and I will do it. Along with the march in one of my other threads

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-29-2011, 04:14 PM
Look at the other contenders' negatives (Perry, Romney, Cain, Gingrich). Those will be brought to light repeatedly over the next 3 months. The media will attempt to ignore us, but between the ground troops working hard, ads, Dr. Paul doing retail politicking, and the loss of faith in the other candidates, we have a great shot. The main thing is to stave off negativity and keep moving forward.

gls
09-29-2011, 04:15 PM
Money is very important but this is ultimately going to come down to Ron Paul himself. If he start campaigning like a potential president instead of a proselytiser then he has a decent chance. The conditions are certainly ripe for the overall message. But as things stand now...let's just say I don't have a lot of faith in the electorate.

No Free Beer
09-29-2011, 04:17 PM
without a doubt

Maximus
09-29-2011, 04:25 PM
We become his media. Share YouTube's, share his book, share his letter on veteran's benefits. This is all about 1 on 1 communication.

turbobrain9
09-29-2011, 04:30 PM
I would be panicking if Ron doesn't raise at least 7 million this quarter...to me it looks like his fundraising is drying up. That is a more serious problem than the national poll results because if Ron's strategy is to win in the early states, the national polls and the media coverage are not that important right now. In other words, if Ron's plan is to get a bump out of IA and/or NH, then the money is more important to achieve that goal than the media coverage is to the campaign...just like what happened in the AMES straw poll. Ron did well because of money to build organization there not because of favorable media coverage. so, he is going to need more money to hit those states hard...particularly if the primaries are moved up because of FL.

I wonder how much campaign cash is going to be left at the end of q3? Is he going to be replenished with another 4.5ish or did the campaign spend all the cash on-hand from q2 and then more than 50% of the funds he raised since the beginning of q3 leaving the campaign with roughly less than 2 million left? If so, I would be panicking because that is a situation similiar to where cain, bachmann, and Gingrich are...and since the media is bumping them, they have an advantage we can't compete with unless the next MB is a 4 million plus type situation (which I have my doubts about).

Anyway, I personally don't think that Ron winning IA or NH is going to bump him up enough to win the nomination, maybe to win a few small caucas states in the midwest/northwest where he came in second last time around...the establishment doesn't want him and the media has built enough of a stigma around Paul that many uninvolved gop voters are unwilling to support him. Ron really hasn't helped himself in the debates or otherwise...besides the ads, the campaign is still very much an educational one in style. Therefore, his support is limited and will hit a ceiling no matter how many early states he wins..FL is the GOPs backstop, whoever wins FL will be the nominee anyway...this time around, IA, NH, SC don't matter much...I bet there will be a different candidate for each state...then whoever wins FL runs the rest of the states on Super Tuesday.

specsaregood
09-29-2011, 04:31 PM
punchers always have a chance.

InTradePro
09-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Not only is he going to win. The potential is that it will become quite easy. Keep sending out the message. It eventually will get through.

jasonxe
09-29-2011, 04:36 PM
yes but it means we have to triple our effort to make up for the ignoring and media pundits saying bad things about him.

Meiun
09-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Brushfires of Liberty... Brushfires of Liberty.

All we need is you, and me, doing all we can every day. I know it's a different matter (and I'm not saying I agree with any of the politics of the region), but if twitter and cell phones can take down dictatorships like Egypt then there is nothing holding us back from restoring the Constitution to its rightful place here in the USA.

Don't give up hope, don't waver in support, KNOW that Dr. Paul is THE ONLY man who can do what we're asking, and only he will have the balls to stand up to the f*kers who want steal the remaining wealth, possessions, honor and dignity of "we the people". END THE FED!

Article V
09-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Without Ron Paul presenting a concrete plan that pragmatic voters can read through and comprehend, he will be seen as a pure philosophical candidate. Something to be enjoyed, but too outside the realities of the day to take seriously.

This is also one of the reasons the media ignores him. Because what is there to comment on for them? "Ron Paul wants to get rid of nearly all government." It sounds so foreign to people that they have no idea how it would work and can only imagine it as some sort of libertarian fantasy land.

If we don't push a readable plan, something Romney, Gingrich, and Cain have all done. Then we will continue to have limited support and limited media respect.

I don't like it, but I think it's true. This is why I have been pushing the campaign to present "Ron Paul's 12 for '12" plan, which lists the 12 major points of Ron Paul's presidential platform and how they would be achieved and operate during his first term.

Merk
09-29-2011, 04:44 PM
I just need some confidence to keep pushing and not give up. I'm very passionate about changing this country and making it what it can be. We have so much going for us

WTF else are you going to do?

There is a very real possibility we will have a full blown currency crisis before we even get to the general election.

Ron is the only candidate that even understands the economic problem let alone know how to fix it.

There is nothing else to do but fight for Ron at this point, if you truly understand where the country is at and what got us here.

We are fighting the media and 100 years of brainwashing (to the point of the lots of general public not even knowing what the Fed is let alone what it is supposed to do and what it does). Yes it can be discouraging but look around where we are and imagine where we will be in 4 years without Ron.

Knowing that, do you have any other choice than to give it your all?

CaptUSA
09-29-2011, 04:47 PM
The minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost. - George Shultz

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-29-2011, 04:52 PM
Without Ron Paul presenting a concrete plan...Your negativity is really becoming tiresome. :rolleyes:

JamesButabi
09-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Ron wins no matter what. He won in 2007. He is winning today as the dialogue shifts. Can he win the presidency? Extremely tough, but yeah he is a top tier candidate! This was not even fathomable for a liberty candidate 5 years ago.

EOQP is doing pretty well and Ron will clock in ~ 6 million for the quarter. Can BTO get 6 in a day? Boy I think that would be incredible but we shouldnt downplay a grand success if that number isn't reached. I'd like to see 2-3 minimum.

sailingaway
09-29-2011, 04:53 PM
It's a fight, and no mistake, but we haven't lost.

D.A.S.
09-29-2011, 04:55 PM
the minute you start talking about what you're going to do if you lose, you have lost. - george shultz

this ^^^

Bruno
09-29-2011, 04:57 PM
new member....hmmmm....

Article V
09-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Your negativity is really becoming tiresome. :rolleyes:There's nothing negative about analyzing our flaws. If we pretend everything is hunky-dory and we're doing everything right, then we're doing more harm then good.

The question was asked, I answered. That's all there is to it. Feel free to agree or disagree, but don't pretend I'm being negative. It's a very positive & very necessary exercise to point out squeaky wheels in need of oil.

Original_Intent
09-29-2011, 05:17 PM
I think one thing we don't understand is just how many of US there are. Pre-2007, I was in the John Birch Society and I felt almost ocmpletely alone. I felt like seriously nobody understood the dire straights we were in.

Even as small as we were in 2007, it was such a relief to realize that there were that many people who were awake to the problems and had solutions.

We are growing to critical mass. Probably the biggest hurdle we have to overcome is the "he can't win" programming. I belief that there are a LARGE number of people out there who yearn for a Ron Paul presidency, but they are afraid of looking stupid to their friends, or don't want to be deemed a crackpot, or whatever...they are afraid to believe.

I believe when we reach a critical mass, and we will, that this campaign is going to explode. If we can change the perception and people see Paul as a contender - we've won. And the power elite and the media know this and that is why they are desperate to pretend Paul doesn't exist or to take dismissive or ridiculing potshots at him, if they mention him.

As badly as we want liberty, the elite both within the GOP and without are equally desirous to maintain some semblance of the status quo. When the existing power structure falls, it is loss of their lifestyle, possibly jail or worse. and they know it. And unfortunately for us, they control much of the means of mass communication.

YouTube and social media are two powerful tools we have, but the most important tools we have is our passion and our numbers. Once someone is converted to the truth, it is pretty tough to lose them to the same old lies. We are going to win this war, regardless of the outcome of this particular battle. And things are looking very good that this is the turning point. The souring economy, as tough as it is to live thru, is this messages best friend. People are actually giving a damn, because they are suffering and they see the cause of their suffering. We jsut have to break thru the learned helplessness and show them there is reason to hope, we CAN do something.

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-29-2011, 05:18 PM
There's nothing negative about analyzing our flaws.You're going beyond analyzing flaws. You're repeating a gloomy message of "if the campaign doesn't do this, all is lost". Also, look at the language you're using: "Then we will continue to have limited support". We don't have limited support. You're also painting the campaign's message as "foreign" and a "libertarian fantasy land". In addition to that, you seem to be fighting hard to push the perception that we're falling in the polls and deserve to.

That kind of crap doesn't need to be spread here.

turbobrain9
09-29-2011, 05:33 PM
You're going beyond analyzing flaws. You're repeating a gloomy message of "if the campaign doesn't do this, all is lost". Also, look at the language you're using: "Then we will continue to have limited support". We don't have limited support. You're also painting the campaign's message as "foreign" and a "libertarian fantasy land". In addition to that, you seem to be fighting hard to push the perception that we're falling in the polls and deserve to.

That kind of crap doesn't need to be spread here.

To a certian extent he is right, the message needs to be refined and the campaign needs to do more than they are doing...OR the likely outcome is primary black-eyes...Ron needs to work harder than any other candidate because of what he is up against...it's not negative it is reality...

he needs: more money, more campaign stops, more rallies, more refined message, more debate prep, more out reach to seniors, more endorsements from local gopers etc...he has the whole gop establishment and the media against him...if the establishment was on his side, he would be a shoe in for the nominee...that's a fantasy.

The economic climiate is ripe for Paul and his message, well it is time to connect the dots for people...I don't see much of that happening by the campaign.

I don't think it is too much to ask Ron to put together a well articulated speech in layman's terms outling the economy and the solutions...WHY has that never been done??????

Cain has his 999 plan, Paul has no plan...he needs a plan to push that simplifies his message...why does everyone talk about a 999 plan? Because it is a catchy title that works to convey a platform

Spanky
09-29-2011, 05:38 PM
I mean we have to spread the word. Get out, help people register, GET people to register, get his issues out there.

The first step is this $6 million

Original_Intent
09-29-2011, 05:38 PM
This is also why I think the campaigm needs to put together a cottage meeting DVD - a professional hour or so for Ron to make his case clear, without all the gotcha's etc of the debates. When he is speaking on the house floor he is golden, we need to be able to show people THAT Ron Paul. And unlike the others, once people are interested and start investigating his record to see "Is this guy really as good as they make him out to be?" - we have won another heart over.

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-29-2011, 05:40 PM
To a certian extent he is right, the message needs to be refined and the campaign needs to do more than they are doing...OR the likely outcome is primary black-eyes...Ron needs to work harder than any other candidate because of what he is up against...it's not negative it is reality...

he needs: more money, more campaign stops, more rallies, more refined message, more debate prep, more out reach to seniors, more endorsements from local gopers etc...he has the whole gop establishment and the media against him...if the establishment was on his side, he would be a shoe in for the nominee...that's a fantasy.

The economic climiate is ripe for Paul and his message, well it is time to connect the dots for people...I don't see much of that happening by the campaign.Look at how you put it and compare it to how he did.

Spanky
09-29-2011, 05:44 PM
This is also why I think the campaigm needs to put together a cottage meeting DVD - a professional hour or so for Ron to make his case clear, without all the gotcha's etc of the debates. When he is speaking on the house floor he is golden, we need to be able to show people THAT Ron Paul. And unlike the others, once people are interested and start investigating his record to see "Is this guy really as good as they make him out to be?" - we have won another heart over.

someone needs to tell him this or his campaign...

Article V
09-29-2011, 05:47 PM
You're going beyond analyzing flaws. You're repeating a gloomy message of "if the campaign doesn't do this, all is lost". Also, look at the language you're using: "Then we will continue to have limited support". We don't have limited support. You're also painting the campaign's message as "foreign" and a "libertarian fantasy land". In addition to that, you seem to be fighting hard to push the perception that we're falling in the polls and deserve to.

That kind of crap doesn't need to be spread here.I disagree with this assessment.

I'm not pointing out that our campaign's message is "foreign" and a "libertarian fantasy land"; I'm pointing out that that's how we're viewed by the often more pragmatic conservative voter who is comfortable choosing the lesser of two evils. That's the reality of how they see us. And we have to address their concerns in ways that they understand, or we will likely not persuade them. It doesn't matter how strong our argument is if they hear it as alien. We must communicate in ways they understand.

And you can say we don't have limited support, but that would be ignoring the reality that we have never crossed the 15% thresh hold. Any candidate below that thresh hold has limited support. But it's especially telling for us, since we're unlike every other candidate save Johnson.

And I'm not saying all is lost, I'm saying we can win if we do such-and-such. If that gets lost in translation, I apologize. I suppose I suffer from some of the same communication issues with you as our campaign does with the traditional conservative. I will try harder in the future to clarify my message; and I hope in the future you'll try harder to read between the lines and see the positive intent behind my message, however shabbily it's presented.

turbobrain9
09-29-2011, 06:04 PM
MSNBC is now bashing Bachmann hard using the FOX poll. they are claiming that GOP voters are "confused." At least they said, Paul is "holding steady" and otherwise went on to hammer Romney and Perry....the disporportionate coverage of this poll is curious, everyone is covering it now...in a few minutes MSNBC is going to talk about the tea party...the FOX poll has been covered by every station so far today...

According to my senior citizen friend here, he says, Cain is the token black guy in the race, last time it was Keyes...we don't have to worry about him, he has no chance...they are just pumping him up to create a favorable impression of the GOP..that's all.

Spanky
09-29-2011, 06:11 PM
so that's good right? Romney is my main concern

bolidew
09-29-2011, 06:12 PM
Article V, I think your comments are constructive. The campaign needs to figure out something to improve the poll numbers. We know they need money but anything else they want help from the grassroots?

Article V
09-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Article V, I think your comments are constructive.Thanks.

Article V
09-29-2011, 06:35 PM
According to my senior citizen friend here, he says, Cain is the token black guy in the race, last time it was Keyes...we don't have to worry about him, he has no chance...they are just pumping him up to create a favorable impression of the GOP..that's all.Look, I agree that Cain is likely just the flavor of the month; but only because he will stick his foot in his mouth or be pulled apart by Romney, who even Cain admits could swing him under the Romney business-man tent.

But we have to stop writing off Cain as some GOP ploy. Cain is rising because Cain has a message that resonates and is understandable. A person like O'Reilly gets it. Whereas even Ron Paul admits that he doesn't go on O'Reilly's show to explain the message because O'Reilly "wouldn't understand it." Ron Paul is right. And it's funny to hear in the moment.

But after we all have a good laugh at O'Reilly's expense and Ron Paul's honesty...we have to sit back and realize that if we can't figure out a way to explain the message so that O'Reilly gets it, then we have a problem. It's a two-way street. O'Reilly has a problem understanding it, and we have a problem communicating it to O'Reilly.

But the burden is on us. Not on voters like O'Reilly. They don't know what they're missing right now, so they don't care. We have to reach them, show them, teach them what they don't understand so that they crave us. Because once they understand and crave that message, they'll join us...because there's no one else like us in the race (except for Johnson, and we're already seen as more viable than Johnson to the pragmatic voter).

VoluntaryAmerican
09-29-2011, 06:39 PM
I think people are missing this critical component. Being the media is completely snubbing RP it's up to *us* to be Ron's media. A date should be set for RPF members to stand on their busiest street corner w/ RP signs, all across Amurica.

How about Oct. 19th?

Spanky
09-29-2011, 06:44 PM
How about Oct. 19th?

or the 15th, the saturday before. I can pass out flyers the 18th on campus and in stores.

gls
09-29-2011, 06:45 PM
The success of the campaign is ultimately up to Ron Paul himself, and he isn't changing. I'm inclined to believe that if he altered the way he presented the message then we would pick up more support. Just look at what Rand has accomplished. But then I think about how much older and wiser Ron Paul is than myself, and realize that he might know what he's doing after all. Keep working hard--if it is meant to be it is meant to be.

ronpaulhemp
09-29-2011, 06:58 PM
The success of the campaign is ultimately up to Ron Paul himself, and he isn't changing. I'm inclined to believe that if he altered the way he presented the message then we would pick up more support. Just look at what Rand has accomplished. But then I think about how much older and wiser Ron Paul is than myself, and realize that he might know what he's doing after all. Keep working hard--if it is meant to be it is meant to be.

I used to think this too. I still believe if he worked on his speaking (with some coaching etc) that he would definitely look a little more "presidential" on stage and hopefully get more votes. However, I have also come to realize that a lot of supporters LIKE Ron's unpolished, straightforward style, taking it to show his authenticity, meaning he might actually lose more than he'd gain if he were to change his style.

Proph
09-29-2011, 07:05 PM
so that's good right? Romney is my main concern

Regardless of how much media coverage Romney gets, his search volume is almost always flat-lining. Perry gets (at least) 2-3x the amount of news volume as Paul, but Paul still ranks as high (if not higher) as Perry in searches. Bachmann is gone.

How can I say all of that? Google trends, ftw! (http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+rick+perry%2C+mitt+romney%2C+ herman+cain%2C+michele+bachmann&ctab=0&geo=us&geor=all&date=mtd&sort=0)

Cain worries me a little, though. He spiked on the 25th for some reason, but that's also the same time he got more news volume. Double the search volume, double the media coverage? I imagine that once people realize he doesn't know what he's talking about, those search volume numbers will go down.

Also...if you get bummed out about the media ignoring Paul, watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iW5kOB1pmg). That was from last election season. This is 3-4 years later, after all of his predictions about the economic climate came true. As bad as the media is being to him right now, it still wasn't as bad as last time, imo. At least he hasn't gotten left out of a debate yet (although, some might argue he might as well have been with the silly questions they sometimes ask him). People are slowly coming around to him.

I could just be overly optimistic since I read that Huffpo article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/jon-stewarts-liberal-chal_b_984563.html), though. That was a really good article, hah!

Glad to have you on board!

V3n
09-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Phone from Home (http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/login.php?v=1)

Volunteer (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/sign-up-as-volunteer/)

Go. Do. Win.

Captain Shays
09-29-2011, 07:30 PM
I have been thinking a lot about this lately and the conclusion I have drawn is that everyone needs to be educated into their support for Ron Paul. What got me was back in 1999 someone suggested to me an article written by Ron Paul titled "Sorry Mr Franklin We're All Democrats Now". It knocked me over and I have been a fan of his ever since. But the funny thing was, I started to read a lot of his articles becoming a bigger fan with every one of them but for about 8 months after first hearing about him, I didn't even know what he looked like. I pictured him like Mitt Romney. Tall, sort of good looking, articulate full of platitudes etc.. I was even more knocked over when I saw this little old guy, soft spoken and unassuming.
We need to get the things he has written to people. We need to get to them details about his positions in his words about how his ideas can work once implemented.
I would like to set up a clearing house of Ron Paul's articles, videos, voting record etc with EVERYTHING from historical figures, founding fathers, authors, or whatever to back up his plans and positions. I want to take all the guess work out of it for people and make it really easy for them to find the answers they seek and to find them fast. Then let them make up their own minds. But there is so much BS out there about Ron Paul that when I go into debate forums or respond to articles I am constantly educating people and correcting them about either lies or inaccuracies about Ron Paul and his positions.

This would also be a GREAT way to counter the media lies. IN fact, I really wish the main campaign would do it, but then I realize that WE ARE the campaign so we should do it for Ron Paul.

Spanky
09-29-2011, 07:33 PM
I have been thinking a lot about this lately and the conclusion I have drawn is that everyone needs to be educated into their support for Ron Paul. What got me was back in 1999 someone suggested to me an article written by Ron Paul titled "Sorry Mr Franklin We're All Democrats Now". It knocked me over and I have been a fan of his ever since. But the funny thing was, I started to read a lot of his articles becoming a bigger fan with every one of them but for about 8 months after first hearing about him, I didn't even know what he looked like. I pictured him like Mitt Romney. Tall, sort of good looking, articulate full of platitudes etc.. I was even more knocked over when I saw this little old guy, soft spoken and unassuming.
We need to get the things he has written to people. We need to get to them details about his positions in his words about how his ideas can work once implemented.
I would like to set up a clearing house of Ron Paul's articles, videos, voting record etc with EVERYTHING from historical figures, founding fathers, authors, or whatever to back up his plans and positions. I want to take all the guess work out of it for people and make it really easy for them to find the answers they seek and to find them fast. Then let them make up their own minds. But there is so much BS out there about Ron Paul that when I go into debate forums or respond to articles I am constantly educating people and correcting them about either lies or inaccuracies about Ron Paul and his positions.

This would also be a GREAT way to counter the media lies. IN fact, I really wish the main campaign would do it, but then I realize that WE ARE the campaign so we should do it for Ron Paul.

Well we need to hurry before it's too late, he needs to win some of these early states

Mike4Freedom
09-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Did the founding fathers say, most people dont support us so lets not even try, hah. They knew it would be a tough battle but they fought anyway. No one said this was going to be easy. It about that extra effort that really gets things done for us. Just voting and donating a little bit is not enough. Talk to everyone you know about these issues. You can find common ground with anyone. Go to a straw poll. Max out your donation, sell something to get more money if you do not have it. Make sure to put a RP2012 sign in your lawn and a bumper sticker too. This is do or die time. You can't expect people to do these things for you.

Another thought I would like to ad to this is, the alternative to not doing the above is more tryanny. You have to refuse to live like a slave to it. This is our chance to reclaim our freedom.

Proph
09-29-2011, 07:40 PM
There's nothing negative about analyzing our flaws. If we pretend everything is hunky-dory and we're doing everything right, then we're doing more harm then good.

The question was asked, I answered. That's all there is to it. Feel free to agree or disagree, but don't pretend I'm being negative. It's a very positive & very necessary exercise to point out squeaky wheels in need of oil.

The reason you're being perceived as negative is because it is *really* tough to explain his philosophy in sound bytes. Good luck finding a space on TV that will give Ron over 10-15 minutes to discuss the basics of Austrian economics just so people can START to understand where he is coming from. Our current system is based on the Keynesian model, and our schools also teach it as well. Essentially, we have to un-brainwash people to get them to understand.

I believe I read that you had helped other political campaigns in the past on another forum. I imagine they were more of the status-quo type politicians with no integrity that we see today. Instead of answering the tough questions, most politicians side step them. Ron Paul answers them head on, and that's usually when those "kooky" soundbytes come out. Honestly, I love it when he does that. However, I can see how a lot of mainstream viewers would see him as "weird" or "unelectable" (which is bullshit, because he's been elected into office 11 times...maybe we should ask the MSM how many times one has to get elected to become electable?).

That leads me to this point. I think this is a much different campaign than you're probably accustomed to; it's much more grassroots. Don't get me wrong, your insight is very welcome. It's good to hear opinions from the outside. I think it just irritates people when you tell them something they already know. We know we need to get our message across better, but read that first paragraph again to understand why it's so hard. That doesn't mean you shouldn't bring it up, though. I'm sure there are a lot of new users or lurkers on here that are probably thinking the same thing as you.

Honestly, I think the best way we can get more on-board is by talking with people (whether it be through social media, on the phone, or face to face). This encourages more people to look him up, which in turn allows them to grasp the whole concept of his platform.

wide awake
09-29-2011, 07:42 PM
Phone from Home (http://phone.ronpaul2012.com/v/login.php?v=1)

Volunteer (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/sign-up-as-volunteer/)

Go. Do. Win.

This^

Don't get bogged down in pessimism right now. I am not big on looking at each poll, but if you look at them you can see some strong trends in our favor:
1. He is competing in Iowa and NH
2. This race is wide open
3. One front-runner is fading and the other has soft support

The environment is ripe for something different.

Do what you can, talk to friends, volunteer, canvass, donate, engage in conversation, comment on articles, whatever you feel you can do but the important thing is to stay positive and engaged. The dynamic of the GOP race will change multiple times between now and Iowa.

r3volution
09-29-2011, 07:49 PM
we should not care about winning or for anyone to say we could . we should only care about sending the message to Washington and the establishment .
i don't know about anyone else but im here to see this to the end . and as far as i am concerned the beginning is the national convention .

-C-
09-29-2011, 07:52 PM

Think about George Washington crossing the Delaware River at like 3am to fight a battle at 5am to fight an enemy which had otherwise ignored them. Two men froze to death, those were our losses in the battle. By the time they realized they were getting attacked, they surrendered. He needs money to get around the mainstream, so don't stop.

Spanky
09-29-2011, 07:57 PM
NOT looking ahead, but if we win the nominee, I already have it planned and marked during the summer, to march from Indiana to DC, with his sign in my hand. Media can't ignore me then!

LET'S DO THIS!

Proph
09-29-2011, 08:02 PM
we should not care about winning or for anyone to say we could . we should only care about sending the message to Washington and the establishment .
i don't know about anyone else but im here to see this to the end . and as far as i am concerned the beginning is the national convention .

That was what the last campaign was for. We're in it to win it this time (while at the same time spreading the message, of course).

It's not the end of the world if we lose, and I will still support the freedom movement afterwards. However, it is much to soon to be thinking about losing, as someone else has already stated.

TheTexan
09-29-2011, 08:21 PM

The problem is, the lies are much easier to sell. "Ron Paul voted against the civil rights act. He's a racist." Sounds reasonable, if you're ignorant & uninformed (as most people are). It only took 5 seconds to make that lie and make it stick. Correcting that lie takes considerably longer.

Trying to correct the lies is always going to be a losing battle. The only way to make sure that the truth wins out, is if the person listening has a reason to care, and investigates for him or herself.

Everything anyone ever needed to know about Ron Paul is real easy to find as it is. Google. Ron Paul. That's it. If they spend any length of time actually looking up the information themself, chances are, that's a new Ron Paul supporter.

We just need to find a way to cure other's apathy, as ours was. A lot of people just accept that the government, the economy, and the wars are shitty and have always been shitty. We know it doesn't have to be that way. But it will take a genuine effort on their part to investigate for themself, so they can come to their own conclusion, instead of being told by others what to think (including us).

We have a century's worth of facts and evidence on our side. Doesn't matter. Can't sell people on facts, because people don't listen to facts if they're not interested in what you're selling. We have to make them interested first, and to do that, we have to inspire them.

Correcting lies, and providing information is all well and good. But more important than any of that, is we have to wake them up. Give them a reason to care.

Carole
09-29-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm pushing like mad to get people registered, sending messages, inviting people to the moneybombs

Over 7 days and we're still short $700k for his end of quarter money bomb which is super important

Spanky, go to this thread below:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?319328-Jon-Stewart-s-Liberal-Challenge-to-Ron-Paul

Read the article. Then go to post at in same thread and read the article InTradePro posted:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...n-second-gear/

Now read the comments below the article blasting the author!!!! We are winning and Dems are crossing over. Forget the polls; they are sham polls. Forget the media; we may win BECAUSE they are ignoring and denigrating Dr. Paul.

Cheer up. All is well. :D:D

Carole
09-29-2011, 08:41 PM
Spanky,
Are you for real?

Join Date 09-29-2011 Last Activity Today 09:57 PM :confused:

{{{hugs}}} withdrawn until I know if you are legit. :toady:

wstrucke
09-29-2011, 08:56 PM
Your negativity is really becoming tiresome. :rolleyes:

Pragmatism is not negativity. Whether its due to his age or his pride, Ron Paul is not presenting his message well at the debates. We get it because we've studied it. To the layman it sounds like nonsense and he's not fighting for the time he's due on stage. Feel free to bitch out other supporters, but your time would be better spent getting new people on board because the campaign isn't doing enough.

Article V
09-29-2011, 08:59 PM
Regardless of how much media coverage Romney gets, his search volume is almost always flat-lining. Perry gets (at least) 2-3x the amount of news volume as Paul, but Paul still ranks as high (if not higher) as Perry in searches. Bachmann is gone.

How can I say all of that? Google trends, ftw! (http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul%2C+rick+perry%2C+mitt+romney%2C+ herman+cain%2C+michele+bachmann&ctab=0&geo=us&geor=all&date=mtd&sort=0)

Cain worries me a little, though. He spiked on the 25th for some reason, but that's also the same time he got more news volume. Double the search volume, double the media coverage? I imagine that once people realize he doesn't know what he's talking about, those search volume numbers will go down.

Also...if you get bummed out about the media ignoring Paul, watch this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iW5kOB1pmg). That was from last election season. This is 3-4 years later, after all of his predictions about the economic climate came true. As bad as the media is being to him right now, it still wasn't as bad as last time, imo. At least he hasn't gotten left out of a debate yet (although, some might argue he might as well have been with the silly questions they sometimes ask him). People are slowly coming around to him.

I could just be overly optimistic since I read that Huffpo article (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/jon-stewarts-liberal-chal_b_984563.html), though. That was a really good article, hah!

Glad to have you on board!I know I'm going to get flack for this comment. Because it's nearly unrelated to the comment above and because it's not something anyone wants to hear.

But, see... it's the kind of statements like the guy made above that depress me. It's like every time one of us says, "We should be doing better," someone else says, "We're doing just fine; keep it up."

We are doing fine, yes. But we also need to do better. Fine does not win elections. Comparisons to failed past campaigns do not help us win elections. Who cares why our Google trend remains high? There's no way for us to judge the meaning of that number. Maybe people are searching us because they are curious to see what the freaks are doing. Maybe people are searching us to educate themselves before rejecting us. Maybe people are searching us because we're the same ones doing the searching. Now I don't believe any of those things are the reasons for the GoogleTrending, but there's no way to disprove or to prove them. We can't keep relying on GoogleTrends to make us feel better or to encourage us if we're not seeing a similar growth in the polls. We've been having better GoogleTrends than everyone else for years! Herman Cain gets one day of better GoogleTrending then surprises the media by doubling his poll numbers overnight!

So yes, I find the well-intentioned encouraging statements depressing, because what I hear from these kinds of comments is that everyone else thinks we're doing all we can do, that we'll win if we just keep plugging away, that we should each ignore the reoccurring feeling that we're missing something.

And the evidence we all provide to one another as reason to ignore our feelings is: we're doing so much better than when we started 5 years ago. <Sigh> Really? That's all we've got for encouragement? Because I sure hope we're doing better. It's been 5 long years, a broken economy, 5 simultaneous wars in 5 separate countries, two failed presidencies, debt increases on an exponential scale, major corruption, widespread unemployment, vast devaluation of the dollar, and the unrelenting efforts of a fervent group of tireless Ron Paul supporters who have additionally bred an entirely new group of Republicans known as Tea Partiers. We sure as shit better be doing better after all that!

But come on, what can we do that we aren't already doing? For example, let's look at the just the female voting block. What can we do to make in-roads there? Because whatever we've been doing there for the past 5 years hasn't helped us much. And do we really think we can win without them? Do we really think that if we just keep doing more of the same thing that suddenly after 5 years, they're going to respond differently? I want to focus on them. I want to see that number increase. Because maybe, if we focus on increasing their support, we'll somehow stumble on a way to increase our overall support. Not just in small doses, like we've been doing; but exponentially, like Cain, Santorum, and Gingrich have all done in the span of the past 2 weeks. Just once I'd like to see us grow dramatically like that.

If the RPF represent the movement, then just once I'd like to see an influx of female users here. But that never happens as far as I've been able to tell. Instead, a single girl like Alexa comes in, and the forums go ga-ga because it's the most unique event ever. Why is it unique? Could someone answer that question? Because after 5 years, I don't think that should be a unique event. But it is. And I don't think we've ever successfully answered the question as to why.

And we can't just blame the media. Gingrich has gotten hardly any media, yet he's quadrupled since the last debate. So please, let's stop patting ourselves on the back for a moment, stop blaming the media, stop the conspiracies, and just talk about what else we can do.

I know we deserve the pats on the back, I know the media is to blame, I know there is a conspiracy... but the pats don't win new voters, the blaming doesn't win new voters, the conspiracy theories don't win new voters. I want to win new voters! A lot of them!

Can we please have that discussion without the rest of the same old pats, blames, and conspiracy justifications? I just really want to be above 15%. If Cain can do it, then we need to do it too. And I'd prefer the congratulations stop until then. The congratulations are premature. We should be sweating right now from all the hard work we're doing. And if we're sweating but only making small unsustainable strides, then we need to figure out how to sweat in smarter ways. Okay?

PS. If this wasn't helpful, then just ignore it. It's the feeling I'm having right now, so accept it for the snapshot in time it is. I'm not trying to be negative. I'm trying to figure out how to be more productive.

PPS. Damn, there's been a lot of comments in this forum between when I started this comment and when I finished it. Apologies for it being out of sync.

wstrucke
09-29-2011, 09:05 PM

http://www.ronpaulmyths.com

I know the people who maintain the site, I'm sure it could be expanded to include what you suggest if you want to do (or at least push) the leg work.

Spanky
09-29-2011, 09:07 PM
We need to call, email, anything and tell paul to fight for his time on stage. it's now or never.

call the headquarters and tell staff members, idk, anything, but he needs to fight for more time

Carole
09-29-2011, 09:08 PM
Remember the old college saw?

A freshman doesn't know he doesn't know;
A sophomore knows he doesn't know;
A junior doesn't know he knows;
A Senior knows he knows.

America doesn't know it really needs and wants Ron Paul. :D

How does it come to know?

One sign is that Dems who recognize the left-right paradigm are uniting with Indys and Reps this time in greater numbers for the greater good.

Article V
09-29-2011, 09:12 PM
The reason you're being perceived as negative is because it is *really* tough to explain his philosophy in sound bytes. Good luck finding a space on TV that will give Ron over 10-15 minutes to discuss the basics of Austrian economics just so people can start to understand where he is coming from in what he says. Our current system is based on the Keynesian model, and our schools also teach it as well. Essentially, we have to un-brainwash people to get them to understand.

I believe I read that you had helped other political campaigns in the past on another forum. I imagine they were more of the status-quo type politicians with no integrity that we see today. Instead of answering the tough questions, most politicians side step them. Ron Paul answers them head on, and that's usually when those "kooky" soundbytes come out. Honestly, I love it when he does that. However, I can see how a lot of mainstream viewers would see him as "weird" or "unelectable" (which is bullshit, because he's been elected into office 11 times...maybe we should ask the MSM how many times one has to get elected to become electable?).

That leads me to this point. I think this is a much different campaign than you're probably accustomed to; it's much more grassroots. Don't get me wrong, your insight is very welcome. It's good to hear opinions from the outside. I think it just irritates people when you tell them something they already know. We know we need to get our message across better, but read that first paragraph again to understand why it's so hard. That doesn't mean you shouldn't bring it up, though. I'm sure there are a lot of new users or lurkers on here that are probably thinking the same thing as you.

Honestly, I think the best way we can get more on-board is by talking with people (whether it be through social media, on the phone, or face to face). This encourages more people to look him up, which in turn allows them to grasp the whole concept of his platform.You're right. Not as far as the specifics of my life or the campaigns I was on or my exposure to grassroots. But you're right in the spirit of your message as to why I might get perceived as negative and as to what we can do to make a difference. I just want more for us. I know we all do. But I'm really struggling hard to find it. Is that okay?

wstrucke
09-29-2011, 09:13 PM
I know I'm going to get flack for this comment. Because it's nearly unrelated to the comment above and because it's not something anyone wants to hear.

<snip>

PS. If this wasn't helpful, then just ignore it. It's the feeling I'm having right now, so accept it for the snapshot in time it is. I'm not trying to be negative. I'm trying to figure out how to be more productive.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Article V again.

I tried, sorry. You're spot on correct. None of us should be on here except to pool our ides on how to more effectively raise money and spread the message. Three quarters of the posts on this forums are a circle jerk on how great we're doing which is complete bull shit. We haven't won until we've won and the show's not over until the fat lady sings. We still have time but sitting around congratulating each other on how great we're doing isn't going to come close to winning anything. To all of you complaining about the "negativity" and whatnot, you come across as delusional as FOX news. This is reality, we need to work hard and spend our sweat and blood if we want a chance to win. Until you can get your grandma and your neighbor to see the clear difference between Romney, Perry, and Paul, you haven't done enough.

Article V
09-29-2011, 09:22 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Article V again.

I tried, sorry. You're spot on correct. None of us should be on here except to pool our ides on how to more effectively raise money and spread the message. Three quarters of the posts on this forums are a circle jerk on how great we're doing which is complete bull shit. We haven't won until we've won and the show's not over until the fat lady sings. We still have time but sitting around congratulating each other on how great we're doing isn't going to come close to winning anything. To all of you complaining about the "negativity" and whatnot, you come across as delusional as FOX news. This is reality, we need to work hard and spend our sweat and blood if we want a chance to win. Until you can get your grandma and your neighbor to see the clear difference between Romney, Perry, and Paul, you haven't done enough.Thanks. Glad I'm not alone.

mainstream economist
09-29-2011, 09:43 PM
Dr. Paul isn't just trying to get elected. He is trying to get elected to change the course of history.

Changing history is never easy, and no one said a revolution was easy either.

Dr. Paul, through his message, and through his supporters' efforts, has gathered the critical mass necessary for the revolution. The Revolution has begun, but it still has to be won! The rest is up to us. Think about it this way: the Founding Fathers were outmanned and outgunned by the British tyrants in 1776, but they also had enough good men and guns for them to have hope that tactics, ingenuity, and perseverance would lead them to freedom. They had enough devotees of freedom on their side to know that they could spread their message to others in the Colonies. We are in that position right now. Again, it is up to us. This primary election is the most important election of any kind in American history.

Let us not be discouraged, but be inspired to do more and better.

EDIT: It is often said that Dr. Paul is the Thomas Jefferson of our time. Who will step up to the role of Thomas Paine, George Mason, George Washington, etc.? Maybe Judge Napolitano can be James Madison. There were many founding fathers who were simple farmers in their daily lives (Washington and Mason in particular), but nevertheless understood the importance of a free society. We live in exciting times because I feel like there many ordinary people who are starting to play the role of people like George Mason in this revolution. Everyone who participates in this second revolution will be a new Founding Father. Perhaps we won't be famous, but historians will study us and future generations, even if they forget our names and remember only Dr. Paul, will praise us much like we praise the unnamed founding fathers of the past (even while celebrating the well-known ones). However, that praise will have to be earned. Let's go earn it.

Mustang
09-29-2011, 10:09 PM
Unfortunately the polls show the media still has far too much influence on the election. When Bachmann won the Iowa straw poll earlier, their coverage propelled her to a solid third place for a few weeks. When Perry entered the race, their coverage enabled him to jump to the head of the pack despite having done almost nothing at that point. When the media began to turn against him after his bungled debate performances he began to drop in the polls. Now Cain has been lifted by the media through the coverage on his victory in the Florida straw poll, and he'll likely enjoy at least a few weeks boost in the polls as a result. Romney and Newt benefit from the media praising their debate performances which is reflected in their slowly growing numbers in the polls.

Ron doesn't get any media coverage aside from being dismissed as unelectable and having his weakest debate clips shown out of context, which has led him to be nothing but an afterthought for most primary voters. Ron will always have a solid 5-6% of his core followers in the polls, but breaking out from his peak of 13-15% will be close to impossible until society stops getting their information primarily from the mainstream media. That might happen in 10-20 years from now, but unfortunately for this election Ron is facing immense odds as long as the media ignores and downplays him.

Proph
09-29-2011, 10:09 PM
I know I'm going to get flack for this comment. Because it's nearly unrelated to the comment above and because it's not something anyone wants to hear.

But, see... it's the kind of statements like the guy made above that depress me. It's like every time one of us says, "We should be doing better," someone else says, "We're doing just fine; keep it up."

We are doing fine, yes. But we also need to do better. Fine does not win elections. Comparisons to failed past campaigns do not help us win elections. Who cares why our Google trend remains high? There's no way for us to judge the meaning of that number. Maybe people are searching us because they are curious to see what the freaks are doing. Maybe people are searching us to educate themselves before rejecting us. Maybe people are searching us because we're the same ones doing the searching. Now I don't believe any of those things are the reasons for the GoogleTrending, but there's no way to disprove or to prove them. We can't keep relying on GoogleTrends to make us feel better or to encourage us if we're not seeing a similar growth in the polls. We've been having better GoogleTrends than everyone else for years! Herman Cain gets one day of better GoogleTrending then surprises the media by doubling his poll numbers overnight!

So yes, I find the well-intentioned encouraging statements depressing, because what I hear from these kinds of comments is that everyone else thinks we're doing all we can do, that we'll win if we just keep plugging away, that we should each ignore the reoccurring feeling that we're missing something.

And the evidence we all provide to one another as reason to ignore our feelings is: we're doing so much better than when we started 5 years ago. <Sigh> Really? That's all we've got for encouragement? Because I sure hope we're doing better. It's been 5 long years, a broken economy, 5 simultaneous wars in 5 separate countries, two failed presidencies, debt increases on an exponential scale, major corruption, widespread unemployment, vast devaluation of the dollar, and the unrelenting efforts of a fervent group of tireless Ron Paul supporters who have additionally bred an entirely new group of Republicans known as Tea Partiers. We sure as shit better be doing better after all that!

But come on, what can we do that we aren't already doing? For example, let's look at the just the female voting block. What can we do to make in-roads there? Because whatever we've been doing there for the past 5 years hasn't helped us much. And do we really think we can win without them? Do we really think that if we just keep doing more of the same thing that suddenly after 5 years, they're going to respond differently? I want to focus on them. I want to see that number increase. Because maybe, if we focus on increasing their support, we'll somehow stumble on a way to increase our overall support. Not just in small doses, like we've been doing; but exponentially, like Cain, Santorum, and Gingrich have all done in the span of the past 2 weeks. Just once I'd like to see us grow dramatically like that.

If the RPF represent the movement, then just once I'd like to see an influx of female users here. But that never happens as far as I've been able to tell. Instead, a single girl like Alexa comes in, and the forums go ga-ga because it's the most unique event ever. Why is it unique? Could someone answer that question? Because after 5 years, I don't think that should be a unique event. But it is. And I don't think we've ever successfully answered the question as to why.

And we can't just blame the media. Gingrich has gotten hardly any media, yet he's quadrupled since the last debate. So please, let's stop patting ourselves on the back for a moment, stop blaming the media, stop the conspiracies, and just talk about what else we can do.

I know we deserve the pats on the back, I know the media is to blame, I know there is a conspiracy... but the pats don't win new voters, the blaming doesn't win new voters, the conspiracy theories don't win new voters. I want to win new voters! A lot of them!

Can we please have that discussion without the rest of the same old pats, blames, and conspiracy justifications? I just really want to be above 15%. If Cain can do it, then we need to do it too. And I'd prefer the congratulations stop until then. The congratulations are premature. We should be sweating right now from all the hard work we're doing. And if we're sweating but only making small unsustainable strides, then we need to figure out how to sweat in smarter ways. Okay?

You and I disagree. That's okay. You think this campaign should be run in another fashion, targeting key demographics and treating people as if they're an object to be won. This goes against the principles of the campaign, though. Our message resonates with all liberty minded people, regardless of whatever groups you want to associate them with. The problem is that some of those people haven't heard the message, yet. It's our job to deliver it (although, the MSM can make this really hard).

We ARE doing fine. Fine is all we need right now. Everyone else is crashing and burning, yet we are steadily gaining momentum. I don't think we've even started spending much yet. I believe the campaign is just about to kick things into a higher gear. Now that the deadline to get on ballots is approaching, the field solidifies. The MSM won't be able to push Christie or Palin anymore. I imagine at least some of that airtime will go towards Paul.

As for Google Trends, you're right. Just because he's getting publicity doesn't mean it's good publicity. However, if people were just dumping him as soon as they searched for him, it seems like his trend would rise and fall sharply with each "dump". People don't really have to have a reason to look him up in order to dump him, either (he's usually got the lowest news volume of all the other candidates). Not to mention he's also had higher and more consistent search trends, as well. Wouldn't you agree that means something?

It could be current supporters looking him up over and over again for material, but that should still show that he has much more support than the other candidates. The media should cover him accordingly, but they don't. That's not an excuse, you're right. But a pat on the back is exactly what we need sometimes to keep going. If we don't pat ourselves on the back, who will? The media? Hah. The campaign? I like to think that *we* are part of the campaign, even if we only supplement ideas.

Coming in here saying we need to panic is just counter-productive right now. Yeah, there will be a crunch time when we'll need to make a big push. That time isn't necessarily right now, though. After October 1st, it's game on.

I know you're trying to help. Thanks for your insight. However, it wouldn't hurt to point out what we are doing *right* every once in a while. How many campaigns have you worked on with a supporter base as fervent as this one?

I'm not going to lie, when I first read your post; I got pissed. Yelling at you and chasing you away doesn't help anybody (except maybe another campaign), though. We need all we can get. What's that old saying?....You can catch more bees with honey than vinegar? I think a lot of people on this forum could take that advice.

If someone pisses you off, don't yell at or berate them. Just prove them wrong. That's why the truth is so great.

Blah. Damn that was long. Hopefully I got my points across.

love_ron
09-29-2011, 10:18 PM
Lets keep the emotions aside till the first few primaries.
Just focus on what we can do to the best of our ability.

Donate.
Go out and talk to people and educate them.
Register and work as a volunteer and later as a delegate.
Keep thinking and discussing ideas on how to spread the message.

I feel ups and downs every week !
I feel if Ron doesnt win, it would just be because most people are not mature enough to understand the real concerns.

I would also like Ron to be more assertive in demanding time during debates - because debate performance would probably reflect national poll performance - those are cosmetic at best at this stage, but will help.
And some sound bites with his message in simple terms will make people think that what he says can be done and has been done -
like for economy - give the example of a country where Keynesian system has failed and where Austrian has worked.
For terrorism - give the example how other (and more?) prosperous and free countries are not being attacked,because they dont meddle in others' affairs.
For healthcare - how a certain system has worked and how in europe it is in shambles.

talk about his predictions/warnings about economy, housing bubble and terrorism.
talk about his donations from the military.

this people will understand.
just plain theory may not always work, because that will require the people to go back and look up those things, which most will not do.

RIPLEYMOM
09-29-2011, 11:12 PM
If we allow the media to ignore us, no, we do not have a chance. We are where we are because we do not accept this. We must not ever accept this.

Spanky
09-29-2011, 11:18 PM
then stake out media stations, do everything. at worst they kick you off. we have to do this, the time is now.

Akus
09-29-2011, 11:53 PM
to answer the original poster's question, do we stand a chance?
The answer is yes we do.

All we have to do is get our own fecal matter together. I am certain that if we donate NO MORE and campaign NO MORE, but get every, every RP supporter who claims to like RP to actually show up and vote at the primaries, we would still win by a very large margin.

I am tired of "whaa, whaa, Illuminati is ignoring us" crap.
I am tired of "whaa, whaa, Ron Paul isn't given enough time to talk" crap.

Everyone who is genuinely curious about our true state of affairs has already heard of Ron Paul, shares his views and has read at least one of his books. The rest are not worth it, because they already would be RP supporters if they gave a shit. The problem is not media or secret evil cabal holding us back. The problem is we are too busy sitting on the internet and not voting when election time comes around. Again, we stand a chance, all we have to do is show up and vote.

all of us.

Proph
09-30-2011, 12:19 AM
All we have to do is get our own fecal matter together. I am certain that if we donate NO MORE and campaign NO MORE, but get every, every RP supporter who claims to like RP to actually show up and vote at the primaries, we would still win by a very large margin.

Depending on the state, we have to make sure they're registered Republican first, though. Independents and Democrats can't vote Republican in a closed primary.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?319412-POST-Ron-Paul-s-REP-problem
^^According to the article in that thread, only 1/3 of the people who supported Paul in an ABC poll were registered Republican. We need to change that.

Paul4Prez
09-30-2011, 01:02 AM
With more and more Americans ignoring the media, they don't have a chance.

Think of the media as the forgotten gatekeepers of an obsolete order from a bygone age. Then stop worrying about them and focus on the people you can influence directly. One of them could be the key to victory. If not them, then someone they can influence...

S.Shorland
09-30-2011, 05:12 AM
'Opinion polls don't tell you what you think,they tell you what you should think.' - Lenin (I heard somewhere).All the other candidates stole his clothes so he likely won't receive so many donations because of dilution and the economic situation.You have a fascist state there and Paul is a threat to fascists.All the rest of the candidates apart from Cain have horrible records or character flaws.Cain is eminently attackable particularly by Ron because he was a FED chairman! They don't have anyone pristine.Sarah might leave it very,very late and try to hold on but she too has overwhelming negatives to be attacked by the media.He has a chance.

Mordan
09-30-2011, 05:16 AM
Ron Paul must win IOWA and place second in NH. Romney will win NH for sure.

TheLasersShadow
09-30-2011, 05:25 AM
This whole discussion is irrelevant just fight to win and don't look back, we're winning in the war of ideas and bringing real issues forward that would never be touched otherwise. The media is going to do their best to stop RP, the right wing establishment (FOX) hates him and the left wing (MSNBC) fears him as they know he would mop the floor with that sock puppet in the White House.

kazmlsj
09-30-2011, 08:01 AM
We simply need to win Iowa and/or NH. Our chances will triple if that happens

True - but don't be surprised if he wins these states that they ignore it or say it doesn't matter.

They talk out of their you-know-whats.

Captain Shays
09-30-2011, 11:27 AM
"As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another". We NEED to disagree. We're sharpening each other here so keep it up. Throw those ideas out there good or bad. Be negative about something you think needs improving. Be positive about those things you think are working. We WILL come up with a winning strategy if we put our minds together but then we MUST implement them ASAP and win this thing. Our lives, our freedoms and the future of this country depends on what we do. Because what we know is that it doesn't matter whether the next president is Obama, Cain or Romney. The train will still be on the same tracks toward loss of liberty/bigger govt. Debt and more debt. War and more war. We have ONLY ONE guy who we can put our support behind and that is it.

If I could make this country bleed I would do it. That way maybe somebody will see how dire our circumstances really are. But sometimes the worst threats don't bleed right away.

I still like the strategy

NO ONE BUT PAUL

milo10
10-01-2011, 08:17 AM
The reason you're being perceived as negative is because it is *really* tough to explain his philosophy in sound bytes. Good luck finding a space on TV that will give Ron over 10-15 minutes to discuss the basics of Austrian economics just so people can START to understand where he is coming from. Our current system is based on the Keynesian model, and our schools also teach it as well. Essentially, we have to un-brainwash people to get them to understand.

I don't think that's necessary in the slightest. For example, I'd say that 90%+ of all Americans are deeply concerned about the deficit. How many of them do you think are familiar with Rothbard and Hayek? Relatively few.

You have to speak to people's understandings. With all respect, this should be a campaign, not an academic exercise. I really don't care if the average American knows Austrian economics. What I want is to relate to people based on their own common-sense observations - you can't spend money you don't have, you can't borrow from Peter to pay Paul, there are two sides to every story (in relation to foreign policy), etc.. The other candidates are already doing this, we could do it in a much more intelligent and sophisticated and consistent way, while still being concise.

One of the biggest problems is that Ron simply doesn't sell himself. Contrast this Tom Woods piece to how you normally hear Ron speak: http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/what-ron-paul-should-say/ I am not at all pessimistic about the campaign, and think we have a very good shot at winning the nomination (the hard part) and the Presidency (the relatively easy part), but I also think Ron would be further out ahead if we saw an approach much closer to Woods.

donnay
10-01-2011, 08:21 AM

No one but Ron Paul 2012

Great idea!! +rep

donnay
10-01-2011, 08:24 AM
"As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another". We NEED to disagree. We're sharpening each other here so keep it up. Throw those ideas out there good or bad. Be negative about something you think needs improving. Be positive about those things you think are working. We WILL come up with a winning strategy if we put our minds together but then we MUST implement them ASAP and win this thing. Our lives, our freedoms and the future of this country depends on what we do. Because what we know is that it doesn't matter whether the next president is Obama, Cain or Romney. The train will still be on the same tracks toward loss of liberty/bigger govt. Debt and more debt. War and more war. We have ONLY ONE guy who we can put our support behind and that is it.

If I could make this country bleed I would do it. That way maybe somebody will see how dire our circumstances really are. But sometimes the worst threats don't bleed right away.

I still like the strategy

NO ONE BUT PAUL

Absolutely!!! +rep

We need to let every Republican voter know, that the GOP is serving Obama up on a silver platter by not backing Dr. Paul!!