PDA

View Full Version : IN - TSA, cops seize medical marijuana from breast cancer patient.

Anti Federalist
09-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Indiana police seize California woman's medical marijuana

Updated: Sep 28, 2011 12:53 PM EST

http://www.wthr.com/story/15569695/indiana-police-seize-california-womans-medical-marijuana

INDIANAPOLIS - Indianapolis airport police say they'll destroy medical marijuana seized from a breast cancer patient from California who was boarding a flight.

The Indianapolis Star reports that Transportation Security Administration screeners found the marijuana and a pipe in luggage Tuesday after it passed through an X-ray machine at Indianapolis International Airport.

A police report says the 36-year-old woman from Van Nuys, Calif., told police she has breast cancer and showed them a medical card confirming that she was prescribed the marijuana.

Authorities told her that while it was legal to possess and smoke medical marijuana in California it's illegal to do so in Indiana. The woman was not charged and police said they intend to destroy the marijuana.

phill4paul
09-29-2011, 12:28 PM
What makes this lady any different from these individuals. Answer: Nothing. Except the law.

"EUGENE, Oregon - Sometime after midnight on a moonlit rural Oregon highway, a state trooper checking a car he had just pulled over found less than an ounce of pot on one passenger: A chatty 72-year-old woman blind in one eye.
She insisted the weed was legal and was approved by the U.S. government.

The trooper and his supervisor were doubtful. But after a series of calls to the U.S. Attorney's Office, the Drug Enforcement Agency and her physician, the troopers handed her back the card — and her pot."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/28/national/main20112623.shtml

Anti Federalist
09-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Nothing except the law enforcers.

What makes this lady any different from these individuals. Answer: Nothing. Except the law.

"EUGENE, Oregon - Sometime after midnight on a moonlit rural Oregon highway, a state trooper checking a car he had just pulled over found less than an ounce of pot on one passenger: A chatty 72-year-old woman blind in one eye.
She insisted the weed was legal and was approved by the U.S. government.

The trooper and his supervisor were doubtful. But after a series of calls to the U.S. Attorney's Office, the Drug Enforcement Agency and her physician, the troopers handed her back the card — and her pot."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/28/national/main20112623.shtml

Kotin
09-29-2011, 12:37 PM
By "destroy" they mean smoke themselves..

Krugerrand
09-29-2011, 12:39 PM
She should sue them for any pain and suffering she endures from not being able to take her medication.

dannno
09-29-2011, 12:40 PM
That's good to know. Although I still consider it egregious to steal her medicine, at least they didn't put a cancer victim in a cage. I would be much more inclined to take it on a trip with me if i thought it would simply get stolen rather than going to jail.

I actually heard that the TSA is allowing people to take medical mj on flights as long as the state they are in and the state they are going to are both medical mj states.. even if there is a lay-over in a non-mmj state.

John F Kennedy III
09-29-2011, 12:44 PM
When are people going to wake up and realize we are in a police state?

Krugerrand
09-29-2011, 12:51 PM
That's good to know. Although I still consider it egregious to steal her medicine, at least they didn't put a cancer victim in a cage. I would be much more inclined to take it on a trip with me if i thought it would simply get stolen rather than going to jail.

I actually heard that the TSA is allowing people to take medical mj on flights as long as the state they are in and the state they are going to are both medical mj states.. even if there is a lay-over in a non-mmj state.

It should be none of their business. They supposedly exist to provide security - not law enforcement.

flightlesskiwi
09-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Nothing except the law enforcers.

you know what? i really loathe that term. "law enforcers". it's a joke. an absolute, utter joke.

Anti Federalist
09-29-2011, 12:55 PM
you know what? i really loathe that term. "law enforcers". it's a joke. an absolute, utter joke.

Yes, it is, isn't it.

That's why I never use it, or "officers", unless I'm being a smart ass.

Proph
09-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Instead of using "officer" just use "other sir" instead. Meow you can mess with those othersirs just like those othersirs messed with the general public in Super Troopers (<3 Broken Lizard).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yXZRdeGHEo

AFPVet
09-29-2011, 04:22 PM
By "destroy" they mean smoke themselves..

Yep....