PDA

View Full Version : Just An Idea--- Table Bombs???

rutgerscamdenYAL
09-29-2011, 09:09 AM
Hey everyone, sorry if this has been discussed already here before but one of the most important factors in winning the nomination in 2012 is not just to continue to have money bombs and vote in straw polls and what not, but also to attract new people to the movement as we continue to gain momentum. With that being said, college campuses are an ideal location to attract new people. I have started a Youth for Ron Paul on my campus and we are just getting underway this week. I have purchased a 4x8 banner of Dr. Paul that says "I'm Voting for Peace" (I'm sure many of you have seen before) which will draw many anti-war college students, along with tons of flyers and literature to hand out.

My idea, is to have a National table bomb day/week on as many college campuses around the country as possible. Since Young Americans for Liberty cannot endorse a candidate due to tax laws, this must be done individually or within Youth for Ron Paul. Reserving a table on a college campus takes nothing more than requesting it from the proper authority such as an events office or SGA, etc... This way we can reach out to those who may be interested in the liberty message and not just to educate them on issues but to have them become active within the movement as well. Any thoughts/suggestions always welcome!!

ronpaulhawaii
09-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Great Idea - NYC Liberty HQ has been tabling in multiple locations for months. Here is a pic I took yesterday

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/315869_10150405581092953_663957952_9956960_9996230 22_n.jpg

The most important thing to have is a sign-up sheet. Plenty of the people who packed Webster Hall the other night were there because of this table, and that sign-up sheet.

We give away slimjims and have bumper stickers/buttons that people give us money for to buy more materials with...

Tabling is a signwave with more benefits...

+rep

rutgerscamdenYAL
09-29-2011, 09:23 AM
That looks awesome!! Was that on Monday? I was also at those events in Trenton NJ and Webster Hall. But anyway, I used the recruiting template from YAL and just changed the heading. As soon as I have my first tabling event I'll post pictures to show an example of what we did. Hopefully we can get something going soon and produce good results.

tremendoustie
09-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Hey everyone, sorry if this has been discussed already here before but one of the most important factors in winning the nomination in 2012 is not just to continue to have money bombs and vote in straw polls and what not, but also to attract new people to the movement as we continue to gain momentum. With that being said, college campuses are an ideal location to attract new people. I have started a Youth for Ron Paul on my campus and we are just getting underway this week. I have purchased a 4x8 banner of Dr. Paul that says "I'm Voting for Peace" (I'm sure many of you have seen before) which will draw many anti-war college students, along with tons of flyers and literature to hand out.

My idea, is to have a National table bomb day/week on as many college campuses around the country as possible. Since Young Americans for Liberty cannot endorse a candidate due to tax laws, this must be done individually or within Youth for Ron Paul. Reserving a table on a college campus takes nothing more than requesting it from the proper authority such as an events office or SGA, etc... This way we can reach out to those who may be interested in the liberty message and not just to educate them on issues but to have them become active within the movement as well. Any thoughts/suggestions always welcome!!

Great idea!

Can we not call them table bombs though? ;)

All joking aside, I really do think approach is vitally important. We need to get out there and talk to people.

rutgerscamdenYAL
09-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Great idea!

Can we not call them table bombs though? ;)

Haha after I submitted the thread and re-read it I thought it sounded awkward as well lol

V3n
09-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Like a Flash Mob! A spontaneous Paul Table just appears! I love it!

rutgerscamdenYAL
09-29-2011, 10:07 AM
Yeah maybe we can set up a list for volunteers to register for tables on their selected campuses so we know who is interested, what campuses are participating, then pick a date.

ronpaulhawaii
09-29-2011, 10:54 AM
That looks awesome!! Was that on Monday? I was also at those events in Trenton NJ and Webster Hall. But anyway, I used the recruiting template from YAL and just changed the heading. As soon as I have my first tabling event I'll post pictures to show an example of what we did. Hopefully we can get something going soon and produce good results.

Was yesterday. We are usually out there every Weds at Union Square, and Saturdays in Brooklyn, occasionally at the Staten Island Ferry and are going to expand to Grand Central Station for rush hour.

While organizing a specific date for a national effort is great. I'd start tabling asap, the pictures and reports help inspire others...

Tarzan
09-29-2011, 11:15 AM
This is great stuff and a terrific project idea!!! Way better than sign waves.

For what its worth... what about having a laptop playing some of the shorter Ron Paul videos. It might be useful for presenting the message, particularly when things are busy and you can't speak with them all individually. Obviously, there would be considerations for noise, power, etc. But, it might make a nice addition. Perhaps the Ron Paul for Liberty DVD... and have the DVDs available as giveaways or for purchase.

Another thought, maybe a some beverages like water or something warm for when its cooler. Essentially, a draw item to get people to stop and visit. If a local contributor could be found (water bottling, etc.) to defray any costs. At some of the fairs they had Ron Paul Hot Dogs... I thought that was a great draw item... though you have to be careful of local ordinances regarding food/beverages.

For the over industrious, maybe a free Car Wash Bomb. Setup the tabling thingee... draw them in with a free car wash... then, pitch them on Ron Paul while they wait. But, all of these are just ideas to be used as a draw item. Consider what would work best in your area and situation and get local businesses to support you with funds, donated items, tabling space, etc.

Really good stuff! Great work folks... I hope this spreads.

Oh, local radio! If you are in an area and can get a local radio station involved... have them do a remote, live broadcast in combination with your tabling efforts. If you are able to come up with a draw item or idea, use that as your hook. Draw them into the boat with a nice colorful lure... then drag them into the boat and bash them over the head. :)
(figuratively, of course) ;)

And, don't miss out on other local media... TV is you have it but definitely the local newspaper. Get a reporter to cover the event... or, take your own pictures, write your own article and submit it. Take pictures of locals, particularly any notables, who stop by your tabling effort.

If its at a school campus take advantage of the school paper and any other media they have available.

refuge
09-29-2011, 11:37 AM
I've held on to this image for awhile: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-_ULJJd3KH7...0/tabling2.jpg
It really does show just how affordable and easy tabling can be.
I believe it comes from this website: http://ronpauldesigns.blogspot.com/ (I just bought their starter pack of cards, I'm going to hand them around and see how it goes).

Article V
09-29-2011, 11:46 AM
Was yesterday. We are usually out there every Weds at Union Square, and Saturdays in Brooklyn, occasionally at the Staten Island Ferry and are going to expand to Grand Central Station for rush hour.

While organizing a specific date for a national effort is great. I'd start tabling asap, the pictures and reports help inspire others...I could help table on the UWS. Perhaps we could set up something around Lincoln Triangle, or the highly traversed express stop areas of 72nd and 96th Streets.

And I venture to guess there must be a Ron Paul group at Columbia that would help on their campus, near their campus, or at the 3 other UWS locations I suggested.

parocks
09-29-2011, 03:44 PM
Great Idea - NYC Liberty HQ has been tabling in multiple locations for months. Here is a pic I took yesterday

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/315869_10150405581092953_663957952_9956960_9996230 22_n.jpg

The most important thing to have is a sign-up sheet. Plenty of the people who packed Webster Hall the other night were there because of this table, and that sign-up sheet.

We give away slimjims and have bumper stickers/buttons that people give us money for to buy more materials with...

Tabling is a signwave with more benefits...

+rep

this one right here. sign-up sheet.

rutgerscamdenYAL
09-29-2011, 04:32 PM
This is great stuff and a terrific project idea!!! Way better than sign waves.

For what its worth... what about having a laptop playing some of the shorter Ron Paul videos. It might be useful for presenting the message, particularly when things are busy and you can't speak with them all individually. Obviously, there would be considerations for noise, power, etc. But, it might make a nice addition. Perhaps the Ron Paul for Liberty DVD... and have the DVDs available as giveaways or for purchase.

Another thought, maybe a some beverages like water or something warm for when its cooler. Essentially, a draw item to get people to stop and visit. If a local contributor could be found (water bottling, etc.) to defray any costs. At some of the fairs they had Ron Paul Hot Dogs... I thought that was a great draw item... though you have to be careful of local ordinances regarding food/beverages.

For the over industrious, maybe a free Car Wash Bomb. Setup the tabling thingee... draw them in with a free car wash... then, pitch them on Ron Paul while they wait. But, all of these are just ideas to be used as a draw item. Consider what would work best in your area and situation and get local businesses to support you with funds, donated items, tabling space, etc.

Really good stuff! Great work folks... I hope this spreads.

Oh, local radio! If you are in an area and can get a local radio station involved... have them do a remote, live broadcast in combination with your tabling efforts. If you are able to come up with a draw item or idea, use that as your hook. Draw them into the boat with a nice colorful lure... then drag them into the boat and bash them over the head. :)
(figuratively, of course) ;)

And, don't miss out on other local media... TV is you have it but definitely the local newspaper. Get a reporter to cover the event... or, take your own pictures, write your own article and submit it. Take pictures of locals, particularly any notables, who stop by your tabling effort.

If its at a school campus take advantage of the school paper and any other media they have available.

Love the idea about using a laptop, gives people a visual to attract them to the table. Also considering making a duplicate poster of the image of Obamas face and "war" underneath, then Paul's next to it with "Peace" underneath it. That should draw some attention.

School papers are an excellent idea as well, I wrote about him after CPAC last year

think it would be great to make a week of this, to gives people flexibility to cooperate with their busy schedules. And maybe I'll send Edward King an e-mail who is running "Youth for Ron Paul" and he can promote this idea as well.