PDA

View Full Version : My Take on BLACK THIS OUT

justinpagewood
09-29-2011, 12:08 AM
As we build momentum for this movement, it's important to understand what we're doing.

Here's my take:

http://justinpagewood.com/blackthisout/

Cap'n Crunk
09-29-2011, 12:20 AM
"Ron Paul supporters are the only group of people in this country that have enough drive, enough vision, enough intelligence, and enough purpose to truly change the course of history, and start a cultural revolution – not just a political revolution."

I really like that statement. +Rep

dusman
09-29-2011, 12:34 AM
An excellent read Justin. I'd like to find someway to fit this in somehow as I think you really capture the essence of what this moneybomb will become in the coming weeks. We all have an opportunity here to change the entire dynamic. We need inspiration. We need that spark of creativity and innovation that invigorates our cause into a realm of something like the Renaissance.

My favorite from this is this:

"With this, each of us should become an artist of their own accord."

Indeed, my friend. Inspiring.

ItsTime
09-29-2011, 05:57 AM
Awesome Justin!

kmalm585
09-29-2011, 06:28 AM
This is a very good and well thought out article Justin. And I agree that inorder to win this election, we need a cultural shift and the easiest way to do this is by artistic expression in the form of T-Shirts, Posters, etc. As an example, look at the Obama "Yes We Can" T-Shirts with his face in that multi-colored image. It was HUGE for his campaign. The image you use at the top of this article could make an outstanding Poster and T-Shirt. It has a VERY strong message to it and can easily be turned into a simplistic, yet powerful, image for Ron Pauls campaign!

scrosnoe
09-29-2011, 07:08 AM
As we build momentum for this movement, it's important to understand what we're doing.

Here's my take:

http://justinpagewood.com/blackthisout/

very well said +rep

would like to share on R3publican (http://r3publican.wordpress.com) if you are willing in it's entirety with link back to your site?

ItsTime
09-29-2011, 07:13 AM
This is a very good and well thought out article Justin. And I agree that inorder to win this election, we need a cultural shift and the easiest way to do this is by artistic expression in the form of T-Shirts, Posters, etc. As an example, look at the Obama "Yes We Can" T-Shirts with his face in that multi-colored image. It was HUGE for his campaign. The image you use at the top of this article could make an outstanding Poster and T-Shirt. It has a VERY strong message to it and can easily be turned into a simplistic, yet powerful, image for Ron Pauls campaign!

Easy to make shirt

white t-shirt + black duct tape + silver marker = BLACK THIS OUT

or

black t-shirt + white duct tape + black marker = BLACK THIS OUT

justinpagewood
09-29-2011, 09:38 AM
very well said +rep

would like to share on R3publican (http://r3publican.wordpress.com) if you are willing in it's entirety with link back to your site?

Please do!

justinpagewood
09-29-2011, 09:38 AM
Easy to make shirt

white t-shirt + black duct tape + silver marker = BLACK THIS OUT

or

black t-shirt + white duct tape + black marker = BLACK THIS OUT

Exactly. That's what's so great about this concept, is that it's so easy to interpret and make new ideas. Definitely!

scrosnoe
09-30-2011, 01:25 AM
Please do!

sharing now on R3publican here (http://r3publican.wordpress.com/2011/09/30/black-this-out-is-the-tipping-point/) and it will release across our communication network during the day today and hit multiple venues (including facebook and twitter)

encouraging RTs and sharing because it is a wonderful post. thanks for permission to share. blessings/sc

dusman
09-30-2011, 01:49 AM
sharing now on R3publican here (http://r3publican.wordpress.com/2011/09/30/black-this-out-is-the-tipping-point/) and it will release across our communication network during the day today and hit multiple venues (including facebook and twitter)

encouraging RTs and sharing because it is a wonderful post. thanks for permission to share. blessings/sc

Awesome, scrosnoe. Could we include links into these articles, as well?

www.blackthisout.com
www.blackthisout.com/fb (forwards to Facebook event)

doctor jones
09-30-2011, 02:12 AM
I'm the guy who put together the video from Ron's first Webster Hall visit titled 'How To Energize Your Republican Base' as well as helped film the latest slew of official campaign ads (the first being the 'He Served' ad -- new ones coming soon) and all I have to say is wait till the next one (Liberty HQ non-official campaign video) comes out (hopefully next week). I don't know if you read but we had another party for Ron up here in NYC (I was also in NJ earlier in the day filming his endorsement press conference and entrance to the Daily Show). It will definitely be tied to this tipping point theme and black out meme.

Karsten
09-30-2011, 02:38 AM
Pleased with your efforts and hard work Justin, my former student lol :p

Karsten
09-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Maybe we should have a separate facebook event for the cultural revolution aspect of it and for people who want to participate in the black bar instead of just the moneybomb. Cause lets face it, some people are just poor too young, or not from the US but they are likeminded.

gerryb
09-30-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm the guy who put together the video from Ron's first Webster Hall visit titled 'How To Energize Your Republican Base' as well as helped film the latest slew of official campaign ads (the first being the 'He Served' ad -- new ones coming soon) and all I have to say is wait till the next one (Liberty HQ non-official campaign video) comes out (hopefully next week). I don't know if you read but we had another party for Ron up here in NYC (I was also in NJ earlier in the day filming his endorsement press conference and entrance to the Daily Show). It will definitely be tied to this tipping point theme and black out meme.

Awesome. I have a suggestion, you folks should make a video for the grassroots to encourage us to learn how to more effectively campaign... by attending training session by YAL, Leadership Institute, American Majority, etc. There needs to be more encouragement for learning how to win elections, not just be the most principled.

doctor jones
09-30-2011, 03:29 AM
Awesome. I have a suggestion, you folks should make a video for the grassroots to encourage us to learn how to more effectively campaign... by attending training session by YAL, Leadership Institute, American Majority, etc. There needs to be more encouragement for learning how to win elections, not just be the most principled.

We couldn't agree more. Winning (Republican) elections also entails looking the part, i.e. getting haircuts, dressing nice, etc.