PDA

View Full Version : We have 2 days to raise 750k

kah13176
09-28-2011, 10:51 PM
The title says it all. There's been a lot of talk about everyone but Romney and Perry dropping out or loosing viability due to lack of funding. The media hopes that the fundraising totals for the 3rd quarter will support these claims. Not meeting our end of quarter deadline could mean that we loose even more legitimacy with the media. Can we do it?

On a related note, about how much have we raised this quarter? It can't be much more than last quarter. We had a 2 million dollar MB on Aug. 20th, and a 1 mil on Sept. 17. If the End of Quarter push raises another 2 million, well that adds up to 5 million, which would only be 500k more than last quarter. Not good.

In 2007, didn't we raise something like 18 million in the third quarter? How the hell did that work out?

TER
09-28-2011, 10:53 PM
In 2007, didn't we raise something like 18 million in the third quarter?

:eek:

Schiff_FTW
09-28-2011, 10:54 PM
In 2007, didn't we raise something like 18 million in the third quarter? How the hell did that work out?

I'm pretty sure serious money wasn't raised until the 4th quarter last time. The big moneybombs we're November 5th and December 16th.

MJU1983
09-28-2011, 10:55 PM
According to Wikipedia, Ron Paul raised $5,258,455 in 3rd Quarter 2007.

TER
09-28-2011, 10:55 PM
yeah, but look at what that money was spent on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30yxHqSUva8&feature=relmfu

MJU1983
09-28-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm pretty sure serious money wasn't raised until the 4th quarter last time. The big moneybombs we're November 5th and December 16th.

Correct, Wikipedia reports $19,951,290 for 4th Quarter 2007.

trey4sports
According to Wikipedia, Ron Paul raised $5,258,455 in 3rd Quarter 2007.

that is correct.

I think we'll probably raise something like 6 - 7 million this time.

sailingaway
fourth quarter. But we raised about $5 mill in third quarter (or you did, I didn't hear about Ron Paul until the following quarter.)

Note there is a donation matching thread going right now, below, so if someone is inspired to donate, they might want to post in that thread. If someone donates $37.12 more there, I donate $100, and then if we get another $500 in total, another guy donates $500.

that is correct.

I think we'll probably raise something like 6 - 7 million this time.

Ron's campaign said around $5 million if the end of quarter push is successful. They didn't play games last time, they said about what they got.

jasonxe
09-28-2011, 11:02 PM
yeah, but look at what that money was spent on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30yxHqSUva8&feature=relmfu

lol @ last part. He's catching on im tellin yeah.

Article V
09-28-2011, 11:05 PM
The title says it all. There's been a lot of talk about everyone but Romney and Perry dropping out or loosing viability due to lack of funding. The media hopes that the fundraising totals for the 3rd quarter will support these claims. Not meeting our end of quarter deadline could mean that we loose even more legitimacy with the media. Can we do it?

On a related note, about how much have we raised this quarter? It can't be much more than last quarter. We had a 2 million dollar MB on Aug. 20th, and a 1 mil on Sept. 17. If the End of Quarter push raises another 2 million, well that adds up to 5 million, which would only be 500k more than last quarter. Not good.I like the spirit of this thread. But to clarify, the title is incorrect. We don't need to raise $750K in 2 days... we need to raise $805K in 2 days.

Let's get the word out. $805K in the less than 47hrs. Hop to, hop to.

D.A.S.
09-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Ron's campaign hasn't started promoting on Facebook, so we should all be tweeting about this...

kah13176
09-28-2011, 11:13 PM
It's still weird. People have said we have so much more support this time around, so how are we still taking in the same amount of cash? Did we even have any sort of moneybombs this early last year?

D.A.S.
09-28-2011, 11:15 PM
It's still weird. People have said we have so much more support this time around, so how are we still taking in the same amount of cash? Did we even have any sort of moneybombs this early last year?

A lot of supporters just don't wanna give. There are a whole lotta people posting on Facebook who pledge support as a voter but won't give or can't give for one reason or another. This economy isn't helping. We're trying to tap the masses that are tapped out... So we're having to pull these moneybombs out of 20,000 supporters while our supporters are probably in the millions.

centure7
09-28-2011, 11:21 PM
I don't think its a bad sign if the Paul campaign earns less this quarter than last quarter. The Paul campaign was busy all of last quarter begging everyone to donate it all "now early on instead of later". That seems to be exactly what happened. So, I don't think its appropriate for the campaign or Ron Paul supporters to allow the media to portray that as a loss of campaign strength. Instead, they should view it as a basic expectation given that Ron Paul and many of us as well made a strong push to get the money in early this time.

In fact, I'd like to see a few news stories say the Paul campaign is losing momentum based on his finances. Then there will be egg on their face when Paul gets his $6 million + day on October 19. What also looks good is that somehow Ron Paul's Google Trend numbers are still going up compared to last election season.

Eric21ND
09-28-2011, 11:21 PM
This is a top priority!! We can't allow others to beat us in the money game.

Article V
09-28-2011, 11:23 PM
It's still weird. People have said we have so much more support this time around, so how are we still taking in the same amount of cash? Did we even have any sort of moneybombs this early last year?You're right. It is weird. Because dollars don't lie.

You have to wonder if we're becoming so insular and devout in our support that we're promoting groupthink and weeding out cognitive diversity. It may be useful for the grassroots if we start trying on Devil's Advocate hats* so that we're forced to look at everything from as many angles as possible. Otherwise, we might get blindsided.

*Note: This works best if we don't tell each other when we're being the devil's advocate. The devil's advocate who appears sincere is the most useful to the group.

SpicyTurkey
09-28-2011, 11:25 PM
I blame the campaign. Why the hell did they drop this on us NOW!!??!!

The end of quarter PUSH should last a week, not 3 freaking days before the deadline. Jesus.

ventron
09-28-2011, 11:28 PM

The end of quarter PUSH should last a week, not 3 freaking days before the deadline. Jesus.

They had this push for over a week now, but all effort by the grassroots went to promoting the BTO moneybomb instead of this.

afwjam

They dropped it on us a week ago. We dropped it on us after the constitution day moneybomb.

growburn13
They had this push for over a week now, but all effort by the grassroots went to promoting the BTO moneybomb instead of this.

This ^

EOQP started Sept 22d

D.A.S.
09-28-2011, 11:32 PM

I think it's fair game. Just consider it to be a Moneybomb Friday, and that's how we do it. By stretching it over a week probably wouldn't net any more results than it had. Those 100K days are not bad for a stretched out push... We do better with a hard deadline, and we're all procrastinators to some degree :-)

Also, a lotta people get paid Friday.........

phill4paul
09-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Chill the fuck out peoples. It IS the economy. Just the last two days we have one forum member lose his job after just one week (after searching forever ) and another that is homeless with only a part-time job. It doesn't help moral much to bitch and moan incessantly about donations. Honestly.

Do what ya can when ya can. Above all keep spreading the message. It doesn't cost a dime.

TER
09-28-2011, 11:33 PM
We have spent alot of time and energy trying to bring to the forefront how Ron Paul is being blacked out by the media with this promotion of the money bomb and not enough IMHO on WHY he is being blacked out. Ron Paul supporters know why, but to the average joe and jane need to be told exactly WHY he is being blacked out if they are going to support this cause. In fact, one of my co-workers asked me point blank 2 days ago 'why are they not talking about him'? We need to do a better job at exposing WHY there is a blackout rather than only HOW they are blacking him out.

harikaried
09-28-2011, 11:35 PM
The end of quarter PUSH should last a week, not 3 freaking days before the deadline. Jesus.The campaign sent emails a week ago:

Subject: September 30 is Critical
Date: 9/22/2011

The truth is, September 30 is a CRITICAL day for my campaign.

It's the end of the current fundraising period, and the results from each candidate will be reported on and examined by the media, voters and other potential donors and supporters.

I can't stress how important it is that you and I have a great showing - just as we did last filing period.

But in order to do that, we're going to need to raise an additional $1.5 million before September 30.

So can I count on your IMMEDIATE help?

I truly hope so.

Article V
09-29-2011, 12:20 AM

The end of quarter PUSH should last a week, not 3 freaking days before the deadline. Jesus.Oh really?
They had this push for over a week now, but all effort by the grassroots went to promoting the BTO moneybomb instead of this.^This.
The campaign sent emails a week ago:

It's the end of the current fundraising period, and the results from each candidate will be reported on and examined by the media, voters and other potential donors and supporters.

I can't stress how important it is that you and I have a great showing - just as we did last filing period.

But in order to do that, we're going to need to raise an additional $1.5 million before September 30.

I truly hope so.

...^^This.
Ron Paul Just Called Me

Or at least the campaign with a lengthy message from him.

I don't know how they pick who to call, but this is the first one like this I've received.

It started with a real person "with the campaign" who asked me to hold for a message from Ron Paul. Then at the end, there was a call for a donation for the end of the quarter push and I was put on with an operator to take the donation.

I'm glad to see the campaign is doing this. It's a nice reminder to those who are not plugged in like those of us on here.

Now, let's see how many more people we can get on their lists!^^^This.

I could go on and on. The campaign is not at fault here. We are.

Now let's make up for it during the next 45 hours while there's still time to save the PUSH.

PS. Please consider this your advance warning that there will be another End of Quarter PUSH at the end of the next quarter, i.e. December 31st. Early enough notice for you?

qwerty
09-29-2011, 12:29 AM
this is not the Ron Paul-movement i know! Stop egoing and insulting and leave people alone and let them do that they want!

We have to work together but it seems that someones are just trying to divide us! Why donīt you use all that energy to promote event not insulting others ?

Think for a moment the principles of Ron Paul...If you even truly believe on those principles...

Article V
09-29-2011, 12:32 AM
this is not the Ron Paul-movement i know! Stop egoing and insulting and leave people alone and let them do that they want!

We have to work together but it seems that someones are just trying to divide us! Why donīt you use all that energy to promote event not insulting others ?

Think for a moment the principles of Ron Paul...If you even truly believe on those principles...Thanks for promoting the PUSH in your avatar and signature, qwerty. You're doing a good job working together with us.

ventron
09-29-2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks for promoting the PUSH in your avatar and signature, qwerty. You're doing a good job working together with us during these incredibly important 48 hours.

Article V, please stop this. I know you're frustrated, I too am frustrated that BTO has sapped oxygen from this important Push. But please leave the sarcasm and fights out. There are still a couple more days and anything can happen, strict deadlines have that effect on people especially if some get paid this Friday.

Keep promoting the Push, but do it positively please.

qwerty
09-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Keep promoting the Push, but do it positively please.

Amen!

i truly donīt understand how can a Ron Paul supporter to be like that!

Ron would never like people to promote his ideas like that. Remember, he said "have FUN doing it"

Article V
09-29-2011, 12:45 AM
Article V, please stop this. I know you're frustrated, I too am frustrated that BTO has sapped oxygen from this important Push. But please leave the sarcasm and fights out. There are still a couple more days and anything can happen, strict deadlines have that effect on people especially if some get paid this Friday.

Keep promoting the Push, but do it positively please.I promise to make an effort of toning down my frustration. I realize it's not always an effective tool.

bluesc
09-29-2011, 12:52 AM
I've been promoting this like crazy. I've just been silent about it. Rest assured that many people here have been promoting the push without posting about it, while planning the BTO moneybomb requires posts here :)

I'll keep promoting the push, just gotta figure out more ways to do it. Any ideas? Done youtube, articles, yahoo answers, emailed infowars, facebook groups, ect.

I have a feeling the last day of the push will be a big one. We are a small group of people that make these huge things happen, but they do take on a life of their own. That is in no way an excuse for complacency though.

RonPaulwillWin
09-29-2011, 12:53 AM
You're right. It is weird. Because dollars don't lie.

You have to wonder if we're becoming so insular and devout in our support that we're promoting groupthink and weeding out cognitive diversity. It may be useful for the grassroots if we start trying on Devil's Advocate hats* so that we're forced to look at everything from as many angles as possible. Otherwise, we might get blindsided.

*Note: This works best if we don't tell each other when we're being the devil's advocate. The devil's advocate who appears sincere is the most useful to the group.

The fuck?

notsure
09-29-2011, 12:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/168966_150743408313850_100001345745703_274115_2335 099_n.jpg

qwerty
I promise to make an effort of toning down my frustration. I realize it's not always an effective tool.

Yes itīs effective, TO HURT THE CAUSE!

Esoteric
You're right. It is weird. Because dollars don't lie.

1up for you, sir. Also, not enough do-ing, and too much complacency.

"let it not be said...."

SpicyTurkey
09-29-2011, 01:20 AM
The campaign sent emails a week ago:

I truly hope so.

Well then it just means that their method of getting out the message is out of touch. There is absalutly no mention of the PUSH on his facebook page, and that is where you reach most of his donors.

Nonetheless, I donated my BTO money today. Hopefully by the time of BTO, I will have more money.

Article V
09-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Yes itīs effective, TO HURT THE CAUSE!And there we go again! This guy is the biggest m*ther f*cking hypocrite.

Article V
09-29-2011, 01:23 AM
I've been promoting this like crazy. I've just been silent about it. Rest assured that many people here have been promoting the push without posting about it, while planning the BTO moneybomb requires posts here :)

I'll keep promoting the push, just gotta figure out more ways to do it. Any ideas? Done youtube, articles, yahoo answers, emailed infowars, facebook groups, ect.

I have a feeling the last day of the push will be a big one. We are a small group of people that make these huge things happen, but they do take on a life of their own. That is in no way an excuse for complacency though.This is actually comforting to hear.

qwerty
09-29-2011, 01:31 AM
And there we go again! This guy is the biggest m*ther f*cking hypocrite.

Hmmm, i thought you saw it yourself too earlier...and admitted it... :D

But yeah i stop here...i have some promotion to do! :)

Lord Xar
09-29-2011, 01:39 AM
I will tell you why there are some misgivings about donating this time around.

People want to see Ron Paul as commited as they are in winning this thing. Most will say "what! of course Ron Paul wants to win this..." etc.... but part winning is adjusting to the landscape. Stepping outside yourself and dealing with tactics to generate an outcome. Really doing what needs to be done to win this thing.

Here is an example that is pertinent to this contemporary time. The debates. We see Ron just sitting back, not challenging, not really seperating himself. Answering his questions nicely, but nothing memorable - when they decide to get to him. See, Ron plays nice too much. He keeps trying to play by the rules in an environment where there are no rules for the opposition. He is sort of a pushover. I am almost feel he is still enamored just to be there and is getting caught up in it and not realizing he has a job to do... to win.

So to me, I am hesitant to give. But I do. But I am hesitant because if I am willing to dig deep, Ron Paul must be willing to dig deep too. I don't mean flying around on an educational tour.

He isn't making a splash in the debates. He is letting others take his talking points. He is being bullied and he is letting it happen.

That is my 2 cents. The donations will come. They will. But he's gotta show he wants AND is willing to do what is necessary to win.

I just look at it from a point of view as if I was on that stage. Would I tolerate the blatant disregard, the obvious 'skipping' over of questions to the most qualified (doctor != healthcare question, Books on the fed != fed question). I would, if it was me, interject and speak up. I don't know. I'm tired..... and I just have a sinking feeling the next debate will be just like the one before it... he should of, could of....

Article V
09-29-2011, 01:58 AM

People want to see Ron Paul as commited as they are in winning this thing. Most will say "what! of course Ron Paul wants to win this..." etc.... but part winning is adjusting to the landscape. Stepping outside yourself and dealing with tactics to generate an outcome. Really doing what needs to be done to win this thing.

Here is an example that is pertinent to this contemporary time. The debates. We see Ron just sitting back, not challenging, not really seperating himself. Answering his questions nicely, but nothing memorable - when they decide to get to him. See, Ron plays nice too much. He keeps trying to play by the rules in an environment where there are no rules for the opposition. He is sort of a pushover. I am almost feel he is still enamored just to be there and is getting caught up in it and not realizing he has a job to do... to win.

So to me, I am hesitant to give. But I do. But I am hesitant because if I am willing to dig deep, Ron Paul must be willing to dig deep too. I don't mean flying around on an educational tour.

He isn't making a splash in the debates. He is letting others take his talking points. He is being bullied and he is letting it happen.

That is my 2 cents. The donations will come. They will. But he's gotta show he wants AND is willing to do what is necessary to win.

I just look at it from a point of view as if I was on that stage. Would I tolerate the blatant disregard, the obvious 'skipping' over of questions to the most qualified (doctor != healthcare question, Books on the fed != fed question). I would, if it was me, interject and speak up. I don't know. I'm tired..... and I just have a sinking feeling the next debate will be just like the one before it... he should of, could of....Even though people might not like ^this comment (and even though I personally don't completely agree), you make points that are valid for a lot of people; and it's very good for us to hear this point of view. Thanks for voicing it.

A decisive confidence would help Ron Paul in the debates. Insert himself respectfully. He's earned the right to demand more attention. (It's just a tricky tightrope to insert yourself from a place of calm strength without it appearing like the tantrum of someone not in control demanding attention.)

LawnWake
09-29-2011, 02:16 AM

I just look at it from a point of view as if I was on that stage. Would I tolerate the blatant disregard, the obvious 'skipping' over of questions to the most qualified (doctor != healthcare question, Books on the fed != fed question). I would, if it was me, interject and speak up. I don't know. I'm tired..... and I just have a sinking feeling the next debate will be just like the one before it... he should of, could of....

Yep, a number of people including myself have been saying this for a while now. It's totally true. He thinks he'll get the nomination by playing nice and being more considerate than the others. If he's the best man for the job he should start acting like it and stop acting like Michael Cera.

Javu
09-29-2011, 02:22 AM

I completely agree with this. Americans does not want a soft guy who simply has the right answers. They want a FIGHTER, a warrior whose overflowing determination establishes confidence in people that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that he is the one to make things happen. Though many people may agree with Paul's talking points, the way he conducts his business just screams ineffectual. If Ron is to win the primaries, let alone individual debates, he needs to show that he has the strength and force of will to bring about real change in America. People don't want to hear wishy washy answers. They want a champion who will fight the forces that be and turn this country around.

Chowder
09-29-2011, 02:53 AM
Woot! just hit 700k!

KingNothing
09-29-2011, 06:22 AM
I promise to make an effort of toning down my frustration. I realize it's not always an effective tool.

The Push will succeed. I have little doubt about that. 800k in two days, without Ron reeeaallly asking for cash yet? Please. That is child's play for the campaign.

LawnWake
09-29-2011, 06:31 AM
Isn't this like... 200 k in 24 hours? If we keep going like this we'll maybe kinda barely break the 1 million mark. Not good enough...

pacelli
09-29-2011, 07:27 AM

Its been up for a week.

PaulConventionWV
09-29-2011, 08:28 AM
This is actually comforting to hear.

Article, calm down. In a couple of days this will all be over, and everyone will be fine. I personally don't think it's going to make a huge difference whether we raise 1.25 million or 1.5 million. Just do what you can and leave others to their own devices. The push is doing a fine job.

PaulConventionWV
09-29-2011, 08:32 AM

If people aren't donating because they don't think Ron is serious this time, then why did they donate so much last time when it was so obvious? This time, the campaign is actually doing something and Ron is doing much better in the debates.

IterTemporis
09-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Even though people might not like ^this comment (and even though I personally don't completely agree), you make points that are valid for a lot of people; and it's very good for us to hear this point of view. Thanks for voicing it.

A decisive confidence would help Ron Paul in the debates. Insert himself respectfully. He's earned the right to demand more attention. (It's just a tricky tightrope to insert yourself from a place of calm strength without it appearing like the tantrum of someone not in control demanding attention.)

I have to agree as well. What really attracted me to Ron Paul was the Iowa debate, I believe. This is when he went up against Santorum about the wars in Iraq and the way he said "We are spending trillions of dollars on these wars." with such emotion just cinched the deal for me. (Keep in mind that I had believed Obama's lies, and that I was looking for someone new to support this election. I was looking at everyone with an open mind. Even Romney because I was still naive as to how politicians flip-flop and lie to get votes.)

John F Kennedy III
09-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Bump

bluesc
09-29-2011, 08:48 AM
Can we reach $850K today? Then up to $1.1M tomorrow? PUSH!

Lord Xar
09-29-2011, 01:47 PM
... deleted.

ZanZibar
09-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Great thread

sailingaway
09-29-2011, 06:51 PM
Can we reach $850K today? Then up to $1.1M tomorrow? PUSH!

$845,085.60 so far!

ronpaulhemp
09-29-2011, 07:17 PM
$850, 866! Looks like we're gonna break a million before the day's over! Go Ron Paul

D.A.S.
09-29-2011, 07:25 PM
I must say I'm very pleased with today! I was pessimistic about breaking 850K today.

The fundraising pace changed significantly after Ron Paul sent out an email called "The Contrast". That email was very well-written, and I have to say I felt inspired by it! After I received that email, the ticker really picked up speed, and it's been pushing up nicely. The moneybomb graph was down -- anyone know how much we raised so far today?

lucky_bg
09-29-2011, 08:14 PM
I must say I'm very pleased with today! I was pessimistic about breaking 850K today.

The fundraising pace changed significantly after Ron Paul sent out an email called "The Contrast". That email was very well-written, and I have to say I felt inspired by it! After I received that email, the ticker really picked up speed, and it's been pushing up nicely. The moneybomb graph was down -- anyone know how much we raised so far today?

The moneybomb graph is up and runing. Take a look at this beauty: :)

http://paul.depositwiz.com/

Steve-in-NY
09-29-2011, 08:29 PM
176k so far