PDA

View Full Version : Palin: Why do they hate her?

gmc1988
09-28-2011, 10:36 PM
I know that not everyone here has the most positive opinion of Sarah Palin, but there is no question in my mind that people in the establishment HATE her with a passion and do not want her anywhere near the White House. People who are old enough to remember say that the only other person to be so hated was Richard Nixon. I have always thought the reason for the hatred of her is because she is a Conservative woman who doesn't fit the mold of what a woman is supposed to be in 21st century America (progressive, radical feminist liberals). Does anyone have any other reasons why she is so disliked by the mainstream establishment?

muzzled dogg
09-28-2011, 10:37 PM
██████
████
█████████████
████████ and ███████████████████

specsaregood
09-28-2011, 10:48 PM
I know that not everyone here has the most positive opinion of Sarah Palin, but there is no question in my mind that people in the establishment HATE her with a passion and do not want her anywhere near the White House. People who are old enough to remember say that the only other person to be so hated was Richard Nixon.

Nixon? The guy that was put into congressional office after his campaign was bank rolled by wall street and the big banks, in order to get the current congressional seat holder out of office? That person he replaced having been called "The #1 threat in washington" after he came out with a book promoting abolishing the federal reserve? That nixon? I'm laughing here...yeah the establishment really hated nixon so much that he did exactly what they wanted.

As far as Palin, I don't hate her. She endorsed rand and that works for me. Also I enjoyed her tv show. I wouldn't vote for her though.

gmc1988
09-28-2011, 10:55 PM
Interesting info about Nixon. I never knew that. I know that Nixon wasn't exactly a man of integrity, but it seems to me like many people in power hated him. Thanks for posting.

specsaregood
09-28-2011, 11:01 PM
Interesting info about Nixon. I never knew that. I know that Nixon wasn't exactly a man of integrity, but it seems to me like many people in power hated him. Thanks for posting.

yup, here is some more info:

Nixon's political odyssey began with a race for the House seat of California's 12th district. In the election he faced Democrat Jerry Voorhis, a ten-year veteran of Congress. Voorhis was an enemy of the banking establishment; he had introduced a bill calling for the dissolution of the Federal Reserve system, and had denounced deficit spending and the international bankers who profit from it in his book "Out of Debt, Out of Danger".

...Voorhis said that the representative of a large New York financial house made a trip to california in October 1945, about the time the committee of One Hundred was picking Nixon, and called a number of influential people in southern california. The emissary "bawled them out" for permitting Voorhis, whom he described as "one of the most dangerous men in Washington", to continue to represent a part of California in the House.

From the book "shadows of power"

And here is a Time magazine article from 1943, talking about his book "Out of Debt, Out of Danger"
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,766786,00.html
excerpt

Jerry Voorhis pours into its 238 pages the same Messianic energy with which he once served on Yale debating teams, and now server in Congress. He indicts "sound money" financiers all the way from Alexander Hamilton to J. P. Morgan, and incidentally does some hard thinking on one of the biggest and most difficult subjects of all.

The Thesis. Jerry Voorhis starts with the incontrovertible fact that the national debt is rising at an appalling rate. He guesses it may reach $300 billions before war and reconstruction are done.

Some of the Government's borrowing is from private individuals via war bonds, which Jerry Voorhis considers all to the good. But easily 50% of the borrowing is done by selling Government bonds to the banking system, which in turn creates deposit money to the Government's favor.

This, according to Jerry Voorhis, is all wrong, not because it is highly inflationary—the conventional reason—but because the issue of new money should not be a private banking function at all. Nor should the issue of new money involve the creation of debt. If the Government has to have more money over & above what it raises in taxes, it should be able to create it free of charge. This might be done, Reformer Voorhis suggests, by the Government's taking over the Federal Reserve System, creating out of it a super-monetary authority, and giving this authority exclusive powers of note issue.

affa
09-28-2011, 11:15 PM
People like her?

moderate libertarian
09-28-2011, 11:17 PM
Can't speak for others but I used to be a fan..until I saw this.

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/images/thumbnails/sarah-palin-12169-5.jpg

Rothbardian Girl
09-28-2011, 11:19 PM
I know that not everyone here has the most positive opinion of Sarah Palin, but there is no question in my mind that people in the establishment HATE her with a passion and do not want her anywhere near the White House. People who are old enough to remember say that the only other person to be so hated was Richard Nixon. I have always thought the reason for the hatred of her is because she is a Conservative woman who doesn't fit the mold of what a woman is supposed to be in 21st century America (progressive, radical feminist liberals). Does anyone have any other reasons why she is so disliked by the mainstream establishment?

I am not sure where the virulent hatred of her comes from (at least among other members of the establishment). It *could* all just be a front, too. I can say that when she masquerades as an anti-establishment politician, it certainly helps the others' agendas. I'm not one to believe in all sorts of shadowy conspiracy theories, so don't misunderstand me when I say "it's all a front" or anything like that. I know that people of any sort of honesty would hate the way she does cloak her establishment upbringing in the folksy, aw-shucks bearing, but I am thoroughly disgusted at how she continues to hoodwink some people.

BlackTerrel
09-28-2011, 11:36 PM
woman
ditz
in it to make a buck
blows coke and sleep with black men

What?

dbill27
09-28-2011, 11:50 PM
I don't think the establishment hates her, the Republican establishment (fox, limbaugh, hannitty etc) seem to love her, id say the hate is only liberal sided. Some in the GOP are probably trying to distance themselves now that they see her as unelectable and a liability to taking out obama. I don't hate her i just dislike her because of policy inconsistencies.

pcosmar
09-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Don't hate her, I have no use for her whatsoever.

She was the Lipstick on the Pig last time around.

I wouldn't vote for her then and see no reason to now.

Kludge
09-29-2011, 12:05 AM
Good for ratings to have strong opinions on a polarizing politician. I doubt anyone really hates her.

PierzStyx
09-29-2011, 01:32 AM
I can't stand her. If it helps understand why, she is basically a female Rick Perry. All smarm, good lucks, and crooked money grubbing intentions. She is as dangerous to liberty as he is, and I'd venture as much as Obama.

cindy25
09-29-2011, 01:45 AM
they don't trust her; there are two Sarah Palin's (libertarian and neo-con) and one never knows which one will show up on a given day.

Bordillo
09-29-2011, 04:49 AM
shes dumb

moostraks
09-29-2011, 07:07 AM
I don't know why the establishment hates her as what I have seen/heard has been what a breath of fresh air she is(gag) and how the left hates her so she must be doing something right (unhunh...right:rolleyes:). I think you must be listening/watching something other that what I have. As a conservative mom of many, I am disgusted with the bad reputation she is giving to those who are conservative with large families. She is absolutely painful to listen to as well. She is like a gal I knew who dyed her hair blonde and played stupid because she knew guys would do things for her if she played the part. What makes me sick is that so many people fall for it. She is an opportunist.

dean.engelhardt
09-29-2011, 07:24 AM
...but there is no question in my mind that people in the establishment HATE her with a passion and do not want her anywhere near the White House.

Was 2008 just an illusion?

brushfire
09-29-2011, 07:29 AM
I love her for the sole fact that she keeps the liberals occupied.

Chrysamere
09-29-2011, 07:36 AM
Sarah Palin is a hypocrite, a complete idiot, and she would generally dangerous to the US and the rest of the world if she was in a position of real power.

She isn't worth the dirt on my boots. :)

specsaregood
09-29-2011, 07:39 AM
Sarah Palin is a hypocrite, a complete idiot, and she would generally dangerous to the US and the rest of the world if she was in a position of real power.

Those are some substantial claims. Back em up.
1. How is she a hypocrite?
2. How is she a complete idiot? -- she seems to have made some pretty smart career decisions for a complete idiot.
3. How would she be dangerous to the US and rest of the world?

The Goat
09-29-2011, 07:44 AM
suppsoley the establishment hates Rush Limbaugh, he brung her into the lime-light. its all a front to make you think she is anti-establishment just like Rush likes to claim to be.

vita3
09-29-2011, 08:15 AM
ditz
in it to make a buck

agreed. plus she was started & always controlled by Bill Kristol & neo-cons

better question.. what is to like about her?

Voluntary Man
09-29-2011, 08:28 AM
yeah the establishment really hated nixon so much that he did exactly what they wanted.

except tap Nelson Rockefeller for VP, when Agnew was forced out .... and, except for call the grove "the faggy-est place on earth."

moostraks
09-29-2011, 08:36 AM
Those are some substantial claims. Back em up.
1. How is she a hypocrite?
2. How is she a complete idiot? -- she seems to have made some pretty smart career decisions for a complete idiot.
3. How would she be dangerous to the US and rest of the world?

Well let's start with her son Track was protecting everyone's freedom of speech and securing America's freedom of the press in Iraq...dumb or dangerous take your pick.(hyppocrite would then have to be questioned based on your answer to dumb or dangerous)

Then move on to wishing your son is in a war zone in the military rather than at home where he might irrationally throw a punch at someone.

oyarde
09-29-2011, 10:13 AM
except tap Nelson Rockefeller for VP, when Agnew was forced out .... and, except for call the grove "the faggy-est place on earth." I love the Grove Quote !!

oyarde
09-29-2011, 10:16 AM
Well , extreme liberals seem to hate any conservative , nice looking , mother type woman . Now , if she was homely , gay , promised free health care and masters degrees for everyone who has never had a job , they would love her :)

specsaregood
09-29-2011, 10:17 AM
except tap Nelson Rockefeller for VP, when Agnew was forced out .... and, except for call the grove "the faggy-est place on earth."

I'll give you that; but both rather minor in comparison to his previous feats: removing the fed's arch nemesis from congress and officially taking us off the gold standard.

oyarde
09-29-2011, 10:18 AM
I'll give you that; but both rather minor in comparison to his previous feats: removing the fed's arch nemesis from congress and officially taking us off the gold standard. The gold thing is the worst .

specsaregood
09-29-2011, 10:23 AM
The gold thing is the worst .

Well almost seems like it was all planned. I mean what are the chances that the guy that was tapped to replace the congressman that was submitting bills to abolish the federal reserve would be the same guy to eventually become the president that took us off the gold standard?

oyarde
09-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Well almost seems like it was all planned. I mean what are the chances that the guy that was tapped to replace the congressman that was submitting bills to abolish the federal reserve would be the same guy to eventually become the president that took us off the gold standard? Has crossed my mind .

akforme
09-29-2011, 10:33 AM
The establishment, you know they one that let McCain choose her as his running mate, is a distraction.

I'm from Alaska and she's horrible. Raised taxes, increased spending, invaded civil liberties and then acts like she's small government. She's exactly what the establishment loves.

Athan
09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
Honestly, I don't know, but I'd hit it.
Then invite the daughter(s). I'm so naughty.

Voluntary Man
09-29-2011, 11:43 AM
I'll give you that; but both rather minor in comparison to his previous feats: removing the fed's arch nemesis from congress and officially taking us off the gold standard.

granted, those are both very poignant bookends to his career. however, he knew they wouldn't earn him any loyalty points, once he had a Rockefeller for VP. Look what happened to Warren Commission Ford, while Nelson Rockefeller was his VP. Notice that Ford chose Dole as his running mate, in the '76 election.

libertarian4321
09-29-2011, 11:53 AM
ditz
in it to make a buck

agreed. plus she was started & always controlled by Bill Kristol & neo-cons

better question.. what is to like about her?

Yes, she's an opportunist.

Yes, she often fails to practice what she preaches.

Yes, that voice/accent are just annoying as Hell.

However, when she's in her pseudo-libertarian mode (as opposed to her right-wing Christian neocon mode), she's tolerable.

My biggest problem with her is that she's looking to be President or VP. If she was running for Mayor of Dogpatch (or Wasilla), I could live with it. But she is NOT ready for the big time (and she never will be, imho).

Frankly, she's an idiot. You can be an idiot and run Wasilla, but having an idiot for President is extremely dangerous.

On the positive side, she has nice tits.

libertarian4321
09-29-2011, 11:56 AM
The establishment, you know they one that let McCain choose her as his running mate, is a distraction.

I'm from Alaska and she's horrible. Raised taxes, increased spending, invaded civil liberties and then acts like she's small government. She's exactly what the establishment loves.

Damn, you just described Rick Perry.

But at least Palin has nice tits, this Texan can't think of ANYTHING positive to say about Rick Perry.

1000-points-of-fright
09-29-2011, 12:08 PM
On the positive side, she has nice tits.

And we don't even know that for sure.