PDA

View Full Version : The 'news release' I just sent my local TV station news desk

tanstaafl
11-05-2007, 02:53 PM
I called up the news desk of a local TV station with the news of Ron Paul's historic campaign donations today and they asked me to email them more information. I sent them this, and I am posting it here in the hope that some of you might use something along these lines to request news coverage from your local media. There is a simple way to magnify the huge significance of today's historic campaign donation and that is for each of us to contact our local media and request they report the story. I've contacted a newspaper and two TV stations so far today.
---

I'm a [local] resident, Ron Paul for President supporter, and I would love to see this story get the coverage it deserves:

As you can verify at ronpaul2008.com, or thisnovember5th.com, Ron Paul's supporters have INDEPENDENTLY organized to raise a record amount of money in one day, today, November 5th.

As a few hours ago, Ron Paul's campaign manager reported that "$2.2 Million had been raised in the last 14 hours"; this was when ronpaulgraphs.com was reporting $1.9M raised via credit card donations alone.

At the moment I'm writing you, http://ronpaulgraphs.com/nov_5_total.html is reporting $2.2M...so the total raised today SO FAR should be OVER $2.5 Million - and the graph shows NO slowdown in the donations. Almost certainly, more than $3 Million will be raised TODAY ALONE!

According to Paul's official site, http://www.ronpaul2008.com/, campaign contributions have NOW EXCEEDED LAST QUARTERS TOTAL, and are above $5.3 Million.

This is historic; this is MAJOR political news; this will shake and shape the odds of Paul's winning the Presidency and, certainly, of the Republican primaries. It is impossible to overstate the significance of the fact that this was not an outcome organized by the Paul organization. This was a spontaneous coming together of tens of thousands of Paul supporters who want to see this country returned to the limited Republic founded upon a the bedrock of the Constitution.

Please give this event, and Paul's candidacy, the respectful coverage it has earned. Today's news should remove all reasonable doubt about his strength as a candidate and his first tier position.

Thank you,
XXX

P.S. I have no connection with the Ron Paul organization but am only a citizen who thinks his candidacy is of historic and critical importance to this country.

hopeforamerica
11-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Very well done!

Copperhed51
11-05-2007, 03:00 PM
I have a friend who works at one of the local stations in KC and she says it's not good enough to make local news. She says any time they do a political piece, ratings go down and if they did a piece on RP, they'd have to do one on every candidate.

Question_Authority
11-05-2007, 03:05 PM
I think saying "this is MAJOR political news" will turn them off.

Question_Authority
11-05-2007, 03:07 PM
I have a friend who works at one of the local stations in KC and she says it's not good enough to make local news. She says any time they do a political piece, ratings go down and if they did a piece on RP, they'd have to do one on every candidate.

What? If that were true why do we see candidate pieces all the time? All top tier candidates of course. Wouldn't that mean they would have to do pieces on all the candidates every time they tout Giuliani or Clinton.

Doesn't make any sense to me.

JaylieWoW
11-05-2007, 03:08 PM
Just sent one so far (have to get out to see mother-in-law who is currently in hospital). Will be sending to all once I return.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-05-2007, 03:13 PM
Sounds nice

M.Bellmore
11-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I just copied and sent off to the friendly local news that covered RP in mackinaw (with the funny ghouly on a ferry bit)

manny
11-05-2007, 03:24 PM
Good letter :)