PDA

View Full Version : Life Without the FED. Is it achievable?

Joshua2585
09-28-2011, 12:08 PM
"Suppose for a moment that Republican Congressman Ron Paul's fondest wish came true, and the Federal Reserve Bank was not only audited but closed down. As far-fetched as such a notion may seem, it would not be the first time in our nation's history that a central bank has been shuttered. For all the Fed's imposing grandeur, Ben Bernanke is running our third (albeit longest-running) try at a central bank. This country has lived without a central bank before and, if given the chance, could do so again. Most every American (led by Paul Krugman), though, would be horrified at the thought..."

http://mises.org/daily/4902

Brilliant article. I have started reading some things about Mises because I've been reading Ron Paul's books. I should have realized there would be a site with constant updates, etc. mises.org is now on my Bookmarks Toolbar! It will be a great source of information and inspiration. I figured this would be good to share so that you all have a source to help better educate yourself, as that is what I intend to do with it.

My older sister who has been skeptical of Ron Paul and his views, posted this article on my wall. It really made me proud that she took the time to read the article and posted it on my wall. I have spoken many times on the dangers of the Fed and how we need to fix it. Apparently it is sinking in! So excited!