PDA

View Full Version : WTF up with Florida straw poll

Brown Sapper
09-28-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm seeing this everywhere like somehow this one is legitimate. It's gotten like four times the coverage then CA straw poll and even when they mention it they always blame it on liberals and potheads. Now I'm hearing that they are going to try and put FL ahead in the primary elections. I sense some shenanigans going on.

bluesc
09-28-2011, 11:02 AM
I'm seeing this everywhere like somehow this one is legitimate. It's gotten like four times the coverage then CA straw poll and even when they mention it they always blame it on liberals and potheads. Now I'm hearing that they are going to try and put FL ahead in the primary elections. I sense some shenanigans going on.

Florida are only moving up further because Georgia and some other states are trying to move up ahead of them. Either way, it's awful for us and good for Cain. The media were already pushing this Straw Poll as a game changer before Cain won. He has become a small problem. Everything seems to be going in his favor.

09-28-2011, 11:03 AM
P5 has always been a bigger deal than the CA straw poll. Don't worry too much about it. Cain winning kind of discredited it and even better knocked Perry down a notch.

V3n
09-28-2011, 11:04 AM
I think the media is still just throwing candidates at America's faces to see who sticks. I don't think he's got any sticking power.

sailingaway
09-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Yeah, and they never mention that Cain's radio broadcast area included Florida, so he's a celebrity there...

Not that I want to minimize Cain's win, I just think they should have made the same fuss about CPAC and RLC and California and Ron's very close second place in Iowa. But that would be too much to ask, apparently.,

HOLLYWOOD
09-28-2011, 11:28 AM
A lot of electoral votes from Florida... more than all the early states primaries/caucuses combined.

http://www.270towin.com/

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a361/mzcmdr/2012_Electorial_Map.png

09-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Look like florida is going to BE an early state now. They are moving the primary there up to 1/31.

Maximus
09-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Will they get punished by the National GOP? Didn't the GOP strip Michigan of it's delegates?

bluesc
09-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Will they get punished by the National GOP? Didn't the GOP strip Michigan of it's delegates?

They will lose half of their delegates, but they were going to anyway if they moved to Feb to stay relevant.