PDA

View Full Version : How to vote in primary election

DXDoug
05-17-2007, 05:35 PM
What do i need to vote in the Republican Primarys in Texas??
Im Registered to Vote, Voted once before.
Do i need to register as a Republican or What?

i went to the Texasgop.org website though still confused .
Any info would help thank you

Winston
05-23-2007, 04:21 PM
What do i need to vote in the Republican Primarys in Texas??
Im Registered to Vote, Voted once before.
Do i need to register as a Republican or What?

i went to the Texasgop.org website though still confused .
Any info would help thank you

No. In Texas you DO NOT need to register as a Republican. Any registered voter can vote in either primary. (but not both).

http://www.texasgop.org/site/PageServer?pagename=RPTBasics

Primary Process

Political parties hold a primary election in March of even numbered years. Currently, only two parties hold primaries the Republican Party and the Democrat Party.

In Texas, registered voters may vote in either political party’s primary; however, a voter may vote in only one party’s primary in each election cycle.

If a voter votes in one party’s primary, he may not vote in the other party’s run-off election in that same year. Registered voters who do not vote in the primary election may vote in a run-off election of either party that year.

Republican Primary voters elect the Republican candidates who will appear on the general election ballot, their precinct chairmen, and their county chairmen. Thus, primary voters have a greater influence on the final outcome of the general election than those who only vote in the general election.

Those who vote in the Republican primary election (either in person or by mail) can then attend the various Republican Party conventions held that year.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. See you at the polls!!

:cool:

Bands4RonPaul
05-29-2007, 12:33 AM
http://www3.webng.com/ronpaul/becomedelegate.html

ZxEfR
12-05-2007, 08:14 PM
I have a friend that was told by the local voter reg office (Texas) that which ever party you vote for in the primary you are bound to vote for that party in the general election.

I have searched online for this fact and have found pretty much nothing concerning this. Can someone shed some light on this issue.....and if it's true....how do they enforce such a thing:confused:

Thank you

bbachtung
12-05-2007, 08:45 PM
I have a friend that was told by the local voter reg office (Texas) that which ever party you vote for in the primary you are bound to vote for that party in the general election.

I have searched online for this fact and have found pretty much nothing concerning this. Can someone shed some light on this issue.....and if it's true....how do they enforce such a thing:confused:

Thank you

They don't; that's a lie. We have secret ballots in this country.

Wilkero
12-06-2007, 12:38 PM

Thank you

This is absolutely false. They CANNOT force you to vote one way or another. Some states are trying to make primary voters sign "pledges" that they'll vote for the nominee in the general election, but it is unenforceable. There is absolutely no way they can make you do that.

jereome
02-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Hahaha so can we vote Ron Paul for the Republican ticket and vote Hitlery for the Dimocrat ticket, since he would easily beat her in an election.

Mr Squeeky clean, versus Mrs Im running to get more furniture from the white house.