PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain Fox And Friends Today: Can Herman Cain Overtake Ron Paul In The Polls?

Sola_Fide
09-28-2011, 04:34 AM
A special election segment. Had a political analyst on who was sure Herman is going to take Ron's third place. The hosts smile with approval.

MJU1983
09-28-2011, 04:54 AM
They are assuming Ron would go down whereas we KNOW he will only go up. ;)

So, sure, it's possible for Cain to be third...behind Ron Paul in first or second of course.

InTradePro
09-28-2011, 05:14 AM
They are assuming Ron would go down whereas we KNOW he will only go up. ;)

So, sure, it's possible for Cain to be third...behind Ron Paul in first or second of course.
At this point in time Ron's on about 8% nationallly among republicans. That still gives room for Perry, Romney and Cain to be ahead.

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-28-2011, 05:27 AM
Republicans are really stupid. Oh, I'm so against taxes, but I support a guy who wants a new national sales tax aka VAT tax along with the income tax, payroll taxes, etc. :rolleyes:

If Ron loses the nomination, I'm just going to swear off National Politics all together, work locally, and focus most of my time and effort to get rich off the coming collapse so at least our voice will have a bit more clout. If us in the Austro-libertarian movement can use our knowledge to profit off this at least we may have a chance post-collapse. In the meantime, full throttle for Ron!

bluesc
09-28-2011, 05:30 AM
Of course he can pass Ron nationally. I believe he will. Only by a few points though, that's assuming Ron doesn't gain.

The field will probably be much more open after this, if Perry keeps some of his support and doesn't drop out.

Still not good. We need a two man race.

rp08orbust
09-28-2011, 05:33 AM
At this point in time Ron's on about 8% nationallly among republicans. That still gives room for Perry, Romney and Cain to be ahead.

At first I was glad Herman Cain beat Rick Perry at Presidency 5, but I've changed my mind. If Rick Perry is going to implode, he would have done it without losing the Presidency 5 straw poll. Him winning it was expected and would have done nothing for him. On ther other hand, this resucitation of Herman Cain is just what we didn't need. It would have taken $500k for Ron Paul to have won Presidency 5, and if winning it had accomplished nothing but keep this clown off of TV and kept his campaign on course for financial collapse, it would have been worth every penny of our donations IMO.

LisaNY
09-28-2011, 05:47 AM
What they should be talking about is how Herman Clown's 999 plan would devastate the poor and middle class in this country. Yeah, I can't wait to pay a 9% national sales tax on top of my 8% NY sales tax for a pair of shoes. Payless here I come.

Sola_Fide
09-28-2011, 05:56 AM
Republicans are really stupid. Oh, I'm so against taxes, but I support a guy who wants a new national sales tax aka VAT tax along with the income tax, payroll taxes, etc. :rolleyes:

If Ron loses the nomination, I'm just going to swear off National Politics all together, work locally, and focus most of my time and effort to get rich off the coming collapse so at least our voice will have a bit more clout. If us in the Austro-libertarian movement can use our knowledge to profit off this at least we may have a chance post-collapse. In the meantime, full throttle for Ron!

Yep. Not to mention he is clueless on the inflation tax and bailouts. This guy is the worst.

At least with Romney, the Tea Party knows the guy is a liberal. With Cain, Tea Party conservatives think they are getting a true conservative. Oh boy...

Sola_Fide
09-28-2011, 05:57 AM
Neil Boortz is on Fox and Fiends right now talking about 999.

kejonn
09-28-2011, 06:07 AM
Oh great, so the only time F&F cares to mention Ron Paul is when it is about someone else beating him. At this point I am beginning to think more of the LSM than Fox.

LisaNY
09-28-2011, 06:32 AM
The pizza boob and radio clown boortz are doing nothing but promoting a tax scheme that will never ever be implemented, nor even taken seriously by 80% of the people in this country. How anyone could fall for this dog and pony show is beyond me. Just recently we had a video here of Cain & boortz denying a recession would occur in 2008, when it was already underway. These guys are pure showmen, nothing more, nothing less.

ItsTime
09-28-2011, 06:43 AM
9/9/9 deal! Three ways for the government to invade your life with a free side of garlic knots!

Kimmie
09-28-2011, 07:04 AM
yes Herman Cain is the worst. Anyone who worked for the Federal Reserve is akin to Working for Satan. I Can see 666 all over his forehead.

LawnWake
09-28-2011, 07:15 AM
yes Herman Cain is the worst. Anyone who worked for the Federal Reserve is akin to Working for Satan. I Can see 666 all over his forehead.

HOLY SHIT, THAT'S LIKE, 999 UPSIDE DOWN.

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc347/seanofah4/Starecat.jpg

Kords21
09-28-2011, 07:34 AM
Didn't Fox try to prop up Cain after the first debate or so? He fizzeld out then and he's goin gto fizzle out now. The fact that Fox is pimping this guy hard now means that they're scared of the Ron Paul momentum.

wgadget
09-28-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm thinking that the approaching perfect storm and its aftermath will serve to derail Mr. Federal Reserve quite nicely. It will be effortless on our part.

Enforcer
09-28-2011, 07:39 AM
First, let me say my first post on this board is in the Suggestions forum awaiting comments. As for Herman Cain:

I used to listen to Herman Cain a few years ago. He would rail about how Ireland was his model for the U.S. Today, with Ireland going bankrupt. Cain is amazingly silent on the issue. But, let me tell you guys, from a strategic POV, you're wasting your time.

The REAL danger to America is Mitt Romney. And to draw an analogy... My brother invited me over to watch some wrestling matches a few weeks ago. The feature match was twenty men in an over the top rope match.

This one 450 pound whale slips out of the ring, avoiding the initial fights, only to climb back in the ring once there were just a couple of guys left. Of course, this 450 pound coward wins the bout. But, the strategy being employed by the guys not getting the media attention is exactly like what happened in that wrestling match. Unlike the wrestling matches, these political opportunities are not scripted. So, how come the entire focus right now is not on taking Mitt Romney down? How come all the guys not getting the media attention are worried about who the media thinks is number three or four?

Take Mitt Romney out of the race and it forces people to look at Perry, Cain and Ron Paul as the front runners. Perry is a flip flopper and Cain is an idiot. One of them would whizz the American people off with their inconsistent positions. So, tell you what, how about checking out my first post on this board (in the Suggestion forum) and let's get started in the real campaign. Thanks.

rp08orbust
09-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Didn't Fox try to prop up Cain after the first debate or so? He fizzeld out then and he's goin gto fizzle out now. The fact that Fox is pimping this guy hard now means that they're scared of the Ron Paul momentum.

Well to be fair, he just won the second most important straw poll of the political season. We all know they would be blacking out Ron Paul if he'd won it (which would have come at a very high cost), but I'd take that in a second over this Cain revival.

bluesc
09-28-2011, 07:40 AM
He will also be on with Jay Leno on Friday. Why will the liberals hate him? He has no record to speak of. He can say whatever he likes.

wgadget
09-28-2011, 07:45 AM
First, let me say my first post on this board is in the Suggestions forum awaiting comments. As for Herman Cain:

I used to listen to Herman Cain a few years ago. He would rail about how Ireland was his model for the U.S. Today, with Ireland going bankrupt. Cain is amazingly silent on the issue. But, let me tell you guys, from a strategic POV, you're wasting your time.

The REAL danger to America is Mitt Romney. And to draw an analogy... My brother invited me over to watch some wrestling matches a few weeks ago. The feature match was twenty men in an over the top rope match.

This one 450 pound whale slips out of the ring, avoiding the initial fights, only to climb back in the ring once there were just a couple of guys left. Of course, this 450 pound coward wins the bout. But, the strategy being employed by the guys not getting the media attention is exactly like what happened in that wrestling match. Unlike the wrestling matches, these political opportunities are not scripted. So, how come the entire focus right now is not on taking Mitt Romney down? How come all the guys not getting the media attention are worried about who the media thinks is number three or four?

Take Mitt Romney out of the race and it forces people to look at Perry, Cain and Ron Paul as the front runners. Perry is a flip flopper and Cain is an idiot. One of them would whizz the American people off with their inconsistent positions. So, tell you what, how about checking out my first post on this board (in the Suggestion forum) and let's get started in the real campaign. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum! I'm gonna go read your "suggestions" thread, but how about putting it in the General Politics section, where it would get more views? I've NEVER been to the suggestion forum...Just a thought.

LisaNY
09-28-2011, 07:48 AM
^good points Enforcer but Cain is now beating Ron in the polls. This is unacceptable.

milo10
09-28-2011, 09:47 AM

I agree completely. This is a perfect strategy for Romney. Take the focus off of him and his flip-flops, healthcare, and so forth, and put it onto candidates who are guaranteed to fizzle out. Check out Herman Cain's interview with Stossel, he is about as clueless as Perry.

Over the long-term, Romney is the real threat. IMHO.

InTradePro
09-28-2011, 12:48 PM
I agree completely. This is a perfect strategy for Romney. Take the focus off of him and his flip-flops, healthcare, and so forth, and put it onto candidates who are guaranteed to fizzle out. Check out Herman Cain's interview with Stossel, he is about as clueless as Perry.

Over the long-term, Romney is the real threat. IMHO.
I agree. Cain is easy once the message gets out. Cain is empty on policy and weak against Obama. If nothing else "Vote Cain and get Obama" will be a nice slogan.

sailingaway
09-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Cain isn't even in FOURTH place, nationally.

sailingaway
09-28-2011, 01:42 PM
Cain isn't even in FOURTH place, nationally.

I just looked it up. Cain is in 6th or 7th place, after Ron, Bachmann and Gingrich as well as Perry, Romney and Palin (if you count her) http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/republican_presidential_nomination-1452.html

Sola_Fide
09-28-2011, 04:05 PM
The machine was working in overdrive today. Just about every radio show and news program I could catch was talking about Cain and 999.

specsaregood
09-28-2011, 04:09 PM
The machine was working in overdrive today. Just about every radio show and news program I could catch was talking about Cain and 999.

It is almost as if he went to israel recently and got the nod.....oh wait....damnit!

Sola_Fide
09-28-2011, 04:12 PM
It is almost as if he went to israel recently and got the nod.....oh wait....damnit!

LoL. Oh yeah.

michaelkellenger
09-28-2011, 04:22 PM
No, look at RCP average. Cain is now AHEAD of Paul along with Gingrich. We are less than one point ahead of Bachmann.....We are in 5th now.

bluesc
09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Cain is 0.3 points behind Paul; Gingrich is now tied. You guys keep on saying "oh no problem". WELL LOOK AT THE LAST POLL. It is a problem. Ignoring it won't stop it.

The establishment just threw everything they had behind Cain. They did the same with Perry, and now look at him. Calm down.

specsaregood
09-28-2011, 04:25 PM
Cain is 0.3 points behind Paul; Gingrich is now tied. You guys keep on saying "oh no problem". WELL LOOK AT THE LAST POLL. It is a problem. Ignoring it won't stop it.

I don't think anybody is ignoring it.

puppetmaster
09-28-2011, 04:28 PM
headline at fox now says he is top tier.......cain romney perry

bluesc
09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
headline at fox now says he is top tier.......cain romney perry

They have been saying it for days. This poll just backs up their agenda.

michaelkellenger
09-28-2011, 04:29 PM
They updated (as I did my post) we are now in 5th. I know I should be calm, but I'm tired of this. WHy isnt the message of liberty more welcomed??? What is going on here? Why are people so friggin stupid. I was really optimistic following the debate. Really, but that has all gone out the window. Second I saw what happened at Presidency 5 (and RP refusing to show up) I knew this would happen. I'm sick right now. UGH

Sola_Fide
09-28-2011, 04:30 PM
They updated (as I did my post) we are now in 5th. I know I should be calm, but I'm tired of this. WHy isnt the message of liberty more welcomed??? What is going on here? Why are people so friggin stupid. I was really optimistic following the debate. Really, but that has all gone out the window. Second I saw what happened at Presidency 5 (and RP refusing to show up) I knew this would happen. I'm sick right now. UGH

No long faces bro.

Our message is getting out despite the machine working against us in every way. That is the beauty of it.

pauliticalfan
09-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Bad new poll guys.

specsaregood
09-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Second I saw what happened at Presidency 5 (and RP refusing to show up) I knew this would happen. I'm sick right now. UGH

He didn't refuse to go, he went elsewhere where the message of liberty was more welcome. Him showing up at P5 wouldnt have changed one thing. The script was already written my friend.

Libertydan
09-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Everyone remember that these flash in the pans come and go, when I played college football I wanted to be strong in the fourth quarter as that was when the game was won. We must get out and work as hard as possible and hit every event in your area and donate money and time. We are in this thing for the long hall and lets not whine over not getting a fair shake lets kick some --s and take names.In liberty Dan

turbobrain9
09-29-2011, 05:22 PM
The Cain situation is similiar to something in basketball called "boxing out." The establishment is trying to box out Paul...they see that Bachmann dropped down and Ron regained 3rd place nationally. So, they promote Cain to replace Bachmann and the Grinch is in the wings to replace Cain, should Cain's numbers fall...it's political tactics to ensure no wild cards like Paul are able to get any real traction and win. Romney is a known quantity, he is control-able, so they box Paul out and Romney rides to the nomination...it was the role Huckabee played for McCain by boxing out Romney a bit in the southern states...

Workethic
09-29-2011, 05:52 PM
Not that I agree with it, but a lot of people see Ron Pauls Foreign Policy as ridiculous (I know it's not) and this causes them to dismiss him as unelectable. What we need is to get Ron Pauls message out more clearly and more specific. How that should be done exactly I'm not sure, but I know people counting him out because of this.

r3volution
09-29-2011, 05:53 PM

+rep . could not have been better said .

american.swan
09-29-2011, 05:56 PM
What they should be talking about is how Herman Clown's 999 plan would devastate the poor and middle class in this country. Yeah, I can't wait to pay a 9% national sales tax on top of my 8% NY sales tax for a pair of shoes. Payless here I come.

Payless? Maybe for a time.....How about here comes the black market?

samforpaul
09-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Didn't Fox try to prop up Cain after the first debate or so?

Good point. Now that you mention it, I recall Frank Luntz having that group w quite a few cheerleading for Cain. It seemed like it was all about how he came across. Very little mention (as I remember it) of policy.

Teenager For Ron Paul
09-29-2011, 09:07 PM
No problems with Cain- not for long, at least. More exposure and alleged surges means more scrutiny. Several (unfortunately, not all, of course) people will realize all his ideas will just screw us over (i.e. 999 aka 666 aka 25 25 9 tax code, Fed toleration, not to mention this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EOexRsFGw8).

Essentially the same thing that happened to Perry. The media will keep him propped up as long as they can, but, come debate day on the 11th, his idiocy will be exposed no doubt.