PDA

View Full Version : US tells court bin Laden photos must stay secret

Danke
09-28-2011, 02:43 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/us-tells-court-bin-laden-photos-must-stay-221620289.html ;)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Public disclosure of graphic photos and video taken of Osama bin Laden after he was killed in May by U.S. commandos would damage national security and lead to attacks on American property and personnel, the Obama administration contends in a court documents.

In a response late Monday to a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by Judicial Watch, a conservative watchdog group seeking the imagery, Justice Department attorneys said the CIA has located 52 photographs and video recordings. But they argued the images of the deceased bin Laden are classified and are being withheld from the public to avoid inciting violence against Americans overseas and compromising secret systems and techniques used by the CIA and the military. (cont.)

Bordillo
09-28-2011, 02:52 AM
What they meant to say is that Bin laden was killed 10 years earlier, and that burying him next to the other Transformers somehow keeps america safe

Bordillo
09-28-2011, 02:55 AM
to be clear they should have quartered him and placed his head in D.C. and his limbs at the 4 corners of the US

AlexAmore
09-28-2011, 03:10 AM
What they meant to say is that Bin laden was killed 10 years earlier, and that burying him next to the other Transformers somehow keeps america safe

Thanks for the translation :)

emazur
09-28-2011, 03:25 AM
At least CIA admits they have videos (or at least photos) of the killing and burial. Remember that crap about how the helmet cams failed?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/27/501364/main20112550.shtml

In a declaration included in the documents, John Bennett, director of the CIA's National Clandestine Service, said many of the photos and video recordings are "quite graphic, as they depict the fatal bullet wound to (bin Laden) and other similarly gruesome images of his corpse." Images were taken of bin Laden's body at the Abbottabad compound, where he was killed by a Navy SEAL team, and during his burial at sea from the USS Carl Vinson, Bennett said.

"The public release of the responsive records would provide terrorist groups and other entities hostile to the United States with information to create propaganda which, in turn, could be used to recruit, raise funds, inflame tensions, or rally support for causes and actions that reasonably could be expected to result in exceptionally grave damage to both the national defense and foreign relations of the United States," Bennett wrote.

devil21
09-28-2011, 03:28 AM
I can go to any number of websites on the net and see pictures and videos that are guaranteed to be much more graphic than these alleged pics and vids. This whole OBL thing is such nonsense and I hope it's obvious to all.

olehounddog
09-28-2011, 03:55 AM
[QUOTE=Bordillo;3599574]to be clear they should have quartered him and placed his head in D.C. and his limbs at the 4 corners of the US[/QUOTE
Then we can become them.

puppetmaster
09-28-2011, 03:57 AM
At least CIA admits they have videos (or at least photos) of the killing and burial. Remember that crap about how the camera cams failed?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/27/501364/main20112550.shtml
There's.the rub

John F Kennedy III
09-28-2011, 04:09 AM

Lol.

John F Kennedy III
09-28-2011, 04:11 AM
[QUOTE=Bordillo;3599574]to be clear they should have quartered him and placed his head in D.C. and his limbs at the 4 corners of the US[/QUOTE
Then we can become them.

We already fund and direct them and created two of their main groups.

John F Kennedy III
09-28-2011, 04:12 AM
Bin Laden died in December 2001.

devil21
09-28-2011, 04:13 AM
And let's not forget that the entire team that allegedly killed him died in a helicopter crash not long ago. This will go down as another JFK sort of thing.

John F Kennedy III
09-28-2011, 04:41 AM
And let's not forget that the entire team that allegedly killed him died in a helicopter crash not long ago. This will go down as another JFK sort of thing.

Yep.

PastaRocket848
09-28-2011, 08:11 AM
admittedly everything about this whole story is odd. the lack of evidence, immediate burial, heli crash, etc. i still believe the official story for one reason: it doesn't benefit them to lie the way they did. we all base this conspiracy theory on the pretext that they delayed announcement of his death to continue the war on terror. the way it was done, however, makes no sense in the context of that argument. bin laden was reported to be found and killed in the absolute least politically convenient time/place imaginable. if they were going to lie, and could just say he was somewhere at any given time, why pick Pakistan? they're a shaky ally that the same people we would claim did all this have a vested interest in the citizens of the united states not hating or wanting war with.

if it were a conspiracy he wouldve been found 2 months before the general in iran, and we'd be going to war.

vita3
09-28-2011, 08:17 AM
Osama Bin Laden :toady:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuC_4mGTs98

acptulsa
09-28-2011, 08:18 AM

I don't believe it for a second.

Have we forgotten how fond our 'leaders' are of the bin Laden family? I say he died when they say he did--of old age and renal failure.

They just don't want to show the pics because he didn't have any bullet holes in him.

specsaregood
09-28-2011, 08:21 AM
And let's not forget that the entire team that allegedly killed him died in a helicopter crash not long ago.

I seem to recall that information being false.

zach
09-28-2011, 08:27 AM
Showing information is detrimental to releasing the truth of the matter, and showing a picture only encourages terrorism.

asurfaholic
09-28-2011, 09:32 AM

How do you know. I need reputable sources. And no, i dont buy the official story...

Bruno
09-28-2011, 09:37 AM
"The public release of the responsive records would provide terrorist groups and other entities hostile to the United States with information to create propaganda which, in turn, could be used to recruit, raise funds, inflame tensions, or rally support for causes and actions that reasonably could be expected to result in exceptionally grave damage to both the national defense and foreign relations of the United States," Bennett wrote."

WHAT?!?! You mean blowback? Is he a "Blame American Firster"? Is he saying that Americans would be responsible for terrorist attacks? I don't get it! :rolleyes:

Carole
09-28-2011, 11:32 AM

^Possibly this^ and even if it was OBL, he had to be silenced:

Did President Obama put bulls eye on members of Navy SEALS Team 6

h xxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqnU5H1QjMc&feature=player_embedded

I seem to recall 16 of the 19 were Saudis. :D

Carole
09-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Everything about the OBL takedown smells.

Not saying info below is true, just some of what I found while researching a while back.

SEAL TEAM 6 Assassinated-WhistleBlower Talks

h xxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgCJzJVQXm0&feature=related

"Witnesses on the ground in Pakistan told national News outlets that the Seals went in to the compound then came out got in a stealth craft and it exploded. The video with the witnesses is posted on Infowars.com in our news report titled "Seal Team 6 Deaths Exposed". Now the globalists may have killed off the rest of the Seal team that made it out in the other stealth helicopter from the OBL raid to tie up loose ends. Bottom line the official bin Laden raid story is a proven fraud so it is no wonder that this story dose not add up.?

Carole
09-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Obama got OBL.

What a bunch of .....Something smells.

It infuriates me that I am sure our Seals were killed one way or another. How damn convenient for BO.

Bordillo
09-28-2011, 11:55 AM
you would think the seals, especially seal team 6 would be able to smell an ambush even from within the military, were missing something big

affa
09-28-2011, 12:19 PM
I seem to recall that information being false.

it's unknown. media reported military statements that it wasn't the 'same men', but since there is absolutely no chance the military would ever tell the media it was the same men (for a plethora of reasons so obvious i don't know that they need stating, but ranging from political to security to propaganda), it is impossible to believe those reports.

my personal opinion? dead men tell no tales.

as for the poster who said the timing was odd; it distracted us from several issues of the time. it 'reset' obama's approval rating for a bit. It gave a boost in the arm to the warmongerers. Nothing that wrong with the timing in my opinion. Sure, it wasn't the day before the election or anything but that would be too obvious.

jmdrake
09-28-2011, 12:26 PM
it's unknown. media reported military statements that it wasn't the 'same men', but since there is absolutely no chance the military would ever tell the media it was the same men (for a plethora of reasons so obvious i don't know that they need stating, but ranging from political to security to propaganda), it is impossible to believe those reports.

my personal opinion? dead men tell no tales.

as for the poster who said the timing was odd; it distracted us from several issues of the time. it 'reset' obama's approval rating for a bit. It gave a boost in the arm to the warmongerers. Nothing that wrong with the timing in my opinion. Sure, it wasn't the day before the election or anything but that would be too obvious.

^This. And as for the "it would inflame the Muslim world" nonsense, how is this different from the broadcast of the hanging of Saddam Hussein?

John F Kennedy III
09-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Without a body it is impossible to know when he actually died. But I recall at least 6 or 7 reports of his death over the years. The first being that he died of kidney failure (or whatever it was he had) in December 2001. If you google it you can find several stories on it. I have researched it before myself and I find it alot more convincing than this clear, obvious lie that SEAL Team 6 killed him.

Obama was forced to play his hand early. He wanted to do this much closer to the election. He will try many shady things to get re-elected.

As for the people that somehow believe the official story, I am surprised at how trusting you are of our government.