PDA

View Full Version : Quad City Times: Ron Paul pledges to keep promises to senior citizens

sailingaway
09-27-2011, 10:44 PM
Ron Paul pledges to keep promises to senior citizens

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/qctimes.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/4/6c/46c8b0f4-e97f-11e0-8eb2-001cc4c03286/4e828fea46086.preview-300.jpg

Read more: http://www.qctimes.com/news/local/ron-paul-pledges-to-keep-promises-to-senior-citizens/article_4b684552-e97f-11e0-a530-001cc4c03286.html#ixzz1ZDfRoNHQ

Bruno
09-27-2011, 10:58 PM
If all articles about Ron Paul since 2008 were written that fairly and objectively about him, he woud win easily.

sailingaway
09-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Local media is far better than national media.

D.A.S.
09-27-2011, 11:03 PM
I find this article very uplifting! It sounds like Ron is focusing on implementation of policy and telling people that changes will be gradual and that no one will lose the benefits they've paid into and come to depend on. I will be sharing this on Facebook and Twitter and encourage others to do the same!

Sounds like Ron hit several speaking stops in Iowa and then off to chili supper in Nevada... Wow, that's hard campaigning!

sailingaway
09-27-2011, 11:14 PM
I find this article very uplifting! It sounds like Ron is focusing on implementation of policy and telling people that changes will be gradual and that no one will lose the benefits they've paid into and come to depend on. I will be sharing this on Facebook and Twitter and encourage others to do the same!

Sounds like Ron hit several speaking stops in Iowa and then off to chili supper in Nevada... Wow, that's hard campaigning!

after that late night at Webster Hall with 1800 people last night in NYC, after that afternoon in NJ.....

and Friday and Saturday he'll be in New Hampshire....

Yeah.....

That plane is a priority....

NY-Dano
09-27-2011, 11:32 PM

Nevada, IA.

idiom
09-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Nevada, IA.

A random name generator should have been packed on the Mayflower.

Eric21ND
09-28-2011, 12:22 AM
Great article, it should be shared with all.

harikaried
09-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Not all were supportive, however. Jerry Richter, a registered Democrat from Charlotte, said he went to listen but “didn’t hear anything about jobs.”

Is it this guy? hxxp://rcsimmentals.com/

I don't think there's a video of any of the town halls from yesterday, but I would guess from the complaint is that Dr. Paul did not say "I'll do X to create jobs." But he probably talked more broadly with the economy, reducing government uncertainty, monetary policy.

If that is the right guy, then sounds like he's a small business owner working in FDA regulated areas.

Might be good to clarify Ron Paul's position by email? jdrichter@iowatelecom.net

tfurrh
09-28-2011, 12:55 PM
I like that pink microphone cable

heavenlyboy34
09-28-2011, 01:01 PM
A rational a fair article about RP...that's new! He's catching on, I'm tellin' ya! ;)

Endthefednow
09-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Sorry, to say Ron Paul is not catching on :o Ron Paul is Actually on Fire!!;)

09-28-2011, 01:06 PM
This is great. Campaign is doing everything right. RP is now telling people what they need to hear to have trust. This is the right direction.

RP's message doesn't need to change. His speaking style is fine too. He just needed to explain a bit how his policy would be implemented to counter the msm lies about it. Seems like that is happening now and it is key to getting beyond 15% support.

djruden
09-28-2011, 01:56 PM
It's a long A on the Iowa city of nevAda. It's not pronounced like the state name. There's a number of Iowa towns like that. Madrid, IA for instances is pronounced mad rid instead of ma drid like in spain.

D.A.S.
09-28-2011, 02:11 PM
It's a long A on the Iowa city of nevAda. It's not pronounced like the state name. There's a number of Iowa towns like that. Madrid, IA for instances is pronounced mad rid instead of ma drid like in spain.

Oops, I didn't pick up on that Nevada thing.

It's like around my parts we have Newark, NJ, and Newark, DE, but they are pronounced differently. It's NE-wark for NJ (first syllable) and Ne-WARK for DE (second syllable).

Crickett
09-28-2011, 05:26 PM
Nice article..hope you wrote that guy. I suppose ron could mention the word, if only to say true job creation does not come from government, but many things can be FIXED in government to not chase job-makers away..or something..

harikaried
09-28-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah, I emailed the person pointing out that by the government not wasting all this money or making money worth less, small businesses and everyone will have more money that isn't being wasted creating bombs and bailing out the big banks.

sailingaway
09-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Great article, it should be shared with all.

Yeah, I think Ron needs to get the media to pick up on more of this note. Maybe even do an ad on that theme 'I think it is time we brought our money back to this country and took care of our own.'

JamesButabi
09-28-2011, 10:05 PM
This should be the rough theme until the primaries.

Ron Paul wants to keep the promises we made to seniors and our military. Hes the only one able to balance the budget and do this due to his foreign policy of non-intervention.

BattleFlag1776
09-28-2011, 10:52 PM
A good tug on the heart string along the lines of: “As long as we have children that are hungry and elderly that have been left vulnerable by the current economic state, I refuse to engage in nation building abroad!” goes a long way.

I also think it would be a good idea, if at all possible, for the campaign to try to put together a few “seniors only” type dinners or meetings as a way to really focus in on that demographic. My dad is in his mid-70s, voted for RP in 2008, and will never attend a general rally-type environment; we’re simply too loud for him. However, a more subdued environment with folks his own age would definitely bring him out. I have to think there are others out there just like him.

The Goat
09-28-2011, 11:23 PM
This is a great article for more support in South Carolina. I've spread it on Facebook in hopes some of my older friends and relatives will read it and hopefully will share it.