PDA

View Full Version : What can Ron Paul do if elected?

TwoJ
09-27-2011, 08:11 PM
I think this thread was posted before but I couldn't find anything.

Anyways, I am working on trying to convert people pretty heavily this week and about 95% of the time I get people that agree with everything he says (or after I tell him about his stances), but don't plan on voting for him because they think he wouldn't be able to change anything.

Is there a list or something somewhere I can print out of his plans and what he can/cannot do if elected?

This would extremely help in getting more voters!

Thanks!

wgadget
09-27-2011, 08:12 PM
As the Commander In Chief he can bring the troops home. THAT'S MAJOR.

ctiger2
09-27-2011, 08:16 PM
1. Troops Home
2. Veto any unbalanced budgets
3. Repeal Executive Orders
4. Set a constitutional tone
5. Introduce Competing currency legislation
6. Audit the Fed!
7. Give the American people someone to look up to. Inspire us.
8. Restore morality to the Fed Govt.
9. Tell us who really killed Kennedy

KramerDSP
09-27-2011, 08:23 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?318861-Talking-Point-What-could-President-Paul-do

Here's what I have:

* Pardon of all non-violent criminals (drugs, taxes, etc.)
* Bring the troops home, end the wars, inform the world in a historic speech that America's foreign policy has changed to one of Mutually Assured Respect, but warn them that if they dare attack us, we will wipe them off the face of the earth.
* Appoint Judges
* Appoint cabinet members with the ideology of starving down specific departments such as the DOE, EPA, etc. and transistioning those responsibilities back to the states as appropriate.
* Shoring of border defense.
* Veto power.
* Bully pulpit of the Presidency to educate
* Review of all previous executive orders, complete reduction of the powers of the presidency.
* Order Attorney General to investigate those in our country who were war criminals and war profiteers.

Voluntary Man
09-27-2011, 08:24 PM
repeal EVERY unconstitutional executive order, veto EVERY unconstitutional bill, refuse to enforce EVERY unconstitutional law, pardon EVERY non-violent felon convicted on an unconstitutional charge, bring our troops home and put them on the border, and restore America!

That a pretty good start, if you ask me.

No Free Beer
09-27-2011, 08:30 PM
how can he audit the fed?

beardedlinen
09-27-2011, 08:34 PM
As Commander and Chief, Paul will have the power to bring all of the troops home IMMEDIATELY.

Tell that to your disillusioned anti-war friends. :D

tsai3904
09-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Anyways, I am working on trying to convert people pretty heavily this week and about 95% of the time I get people that agree with everything he says (or after I tell him about his stances), but don't plan on voting for him because they think he wouldn't be able to change anything.

If Ron Paul gets elected President, that means a good amount of amount of people will have voted for him and supported his policies. Congress will theoretically reflect this shift in mood of the country. He'll be able to get a lot more done than people think.

Havax
09-27-2011, 08:37 PM
If we got a majority in the house and senate we just might be able to wipe out the income tax. That would be a glorious day.

MJU1983
09-27-2011, 08:38 PM
He'd have a huge platform to educate people instead of feeding them bullshit.

Chester Copperpot
09-27-2011, 08:47 PM
He can issue an executive order to the commissioner of the IRS NOT to enforce the IRS code anymore..

Maximus
09-27-2011, 08:51 PM
Google the article "My plan for a freedom President" by Ron Paul

Taco John
09-27-2011, 11:16 PM
>>What can Ron Paul do if elected?

Veto the **** out of everything! :)