PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain On Greta - Palin lauding Cain

KramerDSP
09-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Palin has been lauding Herman Cain for the last six minutes on the Greta show. They're still talking right now.

KramerDSP
09-27-2011, 08:11 PM
Palin on running: "Is it worth it to be shackled to a title?". "Does it prohibit me from going out there, donors forcing me to control my message...?". Interesting. She's not running.

Cleaner44
09-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Palin on running: "Is it worth it to be shackled to a title?". "Does it prohibit me from going out there, donors forcing me to control my message...?". Interesting. She's not running.

Of course she is not running. She never said she wanted to run. She is an author. Is Stephen King running?

The Goat
09-27-2011, 08:12 PM
Rush went on a rant about Cain today. how he is the best conservative in the race. the machine is turning, RAGE AGAINST IT!!!

Looks like Cain is next, we can officially mark Perry as a casualty now.

acptulsa
09-27-2011, 08:13 PM
I think the answer to Cain is something AntiFederalist has been telling us for some time now. We need to make people who aren't rich understand that his Nine-Nine-Nine Plan is, to the poor, a Nine Line Bind.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=get+in+a+bind

Pizzo
09-27-2011, 08:15 PM
So according to Palin TARP isn't crony capitalism? Interesting logic.

KingNothing
09-27-2011, 08:16 PM
Rush went on a rant about Cain today. how he is the best conservative in the race. the machine is turning, RAGE AGAINST IT!!!

Looks like Cain is next, we can officially mark Perry as a casualty now.

I love how predictable this is. In a "what comes next" thread tody we said Perry would continue to fall, Cain would get establishment support and that Palin wouldn't run. ....how does America not know EXACTLY what is coming at every turn?

Eric21ND
09-27-2011, 08:18 PM
There's a joke in here somewhere.

Deborah K
09-27-2011, 08:18 PM
Cain will only go as far as the money he raises.

2young2vote
09-27-2011, 08:20 PM
999 plan. 9% income tax, 9% sales tax, 9% corporate income tax. Many people spend 100% of their income. 9% federal sales tax + 6% state sales tax = 15% sales tax.

15% + 9% income tax = 24%. Remember, the bottom currently don't pay income taxes, but will under Cains plan. A reduction in income taxes for corporations could be good. Add to the 24% the many, many other state and local taxes and fees and people will easily be handing over 30%+ to the government. Supposedly this is going to be better than the current tax system. He wants this 999 plan to be a gateway into the fair tax, but we all know how government works and we all know he isn't going to reform the whole system in 1 or even 2 terms (just like Ron).

Deborah K
09-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Oh, and Palin is nothing more than a distraction.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-27-2011, 08:27 PM
I can't speak for other industries but Cain's national pizza plan will absolutely destroy the auction industry.

gaetano
09-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Palin's political career ended with the publication of 'The Rogue", which exposed her as a coke snorting adulteress who bedded a big black NBA stud.

Her neo-con torch will now pass to Cain. With his protective skin color, and the Limbaugh/Hannitty machine pushing his candidacy hard and giving him free air time, Cain won't need to raise that much money to win.

gaetano
09-27-2011, 08:32 PM
I can't speak for other industries but Cain's national pizza plan will absolutely destroy the auction industry.

how about housing market and big ticket items?

not to mention what it will do to low income who will see their effective income tax go from 0% to 9%, with an additional 9% sales tax to boot!

FSP-Rebel
09-27-2011, 08:38 PM
From what I hear, Cain's 9-9-9 plan takes affect after his 25-25-9 plan goes thru after an unspecified amount of time. The 2nd plan (but 1st plan put into place) is 25% income tax, 25% corporate tax and 9% sales tax. Following that, then the fair tax takes affect. However, Cain likes to say that the income tax becomes moot (or repealed) prior to that of the sales tax kicking in but it's a lie. The fact is is that the sales tax comes in with no certain repeal of the income tax. Also, this plan raises taxes on likely 80% of the public, many of which do not pay not. Long story short, Cain is a tax raiser as only a small percentage of folks pay over 25% in income taxes these days.

Listen to last night's FTL as they did an expose of Cain w/ a dude from the RLC: http://hw.libsyn.com/p/9/5/f/95ffa42a18f133ab/FTL2011-09-26.mp3?sid=b795f58c2a437693e0335b3485639bc2&l_sid=20913&l_eid=&l_mid=2729021. I've always been fishy on Cain because of his Fed connects but the first 10-15 mins of this audio will give you the dirt on his bs tax plan scam. The RLC guy has Cain's # and I'm sure many of yall will find this info worthwhile, esp since Cain tried to bs his way thru the ? he got about it during the other night's debate.

wgadget
09-27-2011, 08:39 PM
I love how predictable this is. In a "what comes next" thread tody we said Perry would continue to fall, Cain would get establishment support and that Palin wouldn't run. ....how does America not know EXACTLY what is coming at every turn?

Ahem...I'm certain you meant TOADY.

rp08orbust
09-27-2011, 08:40 PM

Huckabee went far enough to do a lot of damage with very little money.

Havax
09-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Ron should honestly come out with a 0-0-0 plan.

Deborah K
09-27-2011, 08:41 PM

You think Huckabee hurt Ron last time?

wgadget
09-27-2011, 08:42 PM
From what I hear, Cain's 9-9-9 plan takes affect after his 25-25-9 plan goes thru after an unspecified amount of time. The 2nd plan (but 1st plan put into place) is 25% income tax, 25% corporate tax and 9% sales tax. Following that, then the fair tax takes affect. However, Cain likes to say that the income tax becomes moot (or repealed) prior to that of the sales tax kicking in but it's a lie. The fact is is that the sales tax comes in with no certain repeal of the income tax. Also, this plan raises taxes on likely 80% of the public, many of which do not pay not. Long story short, Cain is a tax raiser as only a small percentage of folks pay over 25% in income taxes these days.

Listen to last night's FTL as they did an expose of Cain w/ a dude from the RLC: http://hw.libsyn.com/p/9/5/f/95ffa42a18f133ab/FTL2011-09-26.mp3?sid=b795f58c2a437693e0335b3485639bc2&l_sid=20913&l_eid=&l_mid=2729021. I've always been fishy on Cain because of his Fed connects but the first 10-15 mins of this audio will give you the dirt on his bs tax plan scam. The RLC guy has Cain's # and I'm sure many of yall will find this info worthwhile, esp since Cain tried to bs his way thru the ? he got about it during the other night's debate.

And the best part of his "plan" is that he won't reveal who his "economists" are. You know. The ones who helped him come up with the "plan." I wonder if it was the Bernank himself...?

Deborah K
09-27-2011, 08:42 PM

Perfect. Send that to the campaign.

wgadget
09-27-2011, 08:43 PM

Exactly. I think Cain wants to go from radio talk show host to the bigtime....FAUX NEWS.

culvereric
09-27-2011, 08:43 PM
I hope Cain gets some more votes. I don't know whats being diluted more, establishment votes or the US currency. It seems like the plan by mainstream media to try and get Perry elected has backfired leaving them with no one person to cling to.

flightlesskiwi
09-27-2011, 08:44 PM

but from the outside looking in, it's like watching toddlers play soccer. you know they are going to bunch together in a big group to chase after the ball. every time.

jcarcinogen
09-27-2011, 08:47 PM

Cain didn't have money when he came from nowhere in the first debate and Fox News hyped him then. This is planned.

Brett85
09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Cain isn't perfect, but he's head and shoulders better than Romney and Perry. I think I would support him if Ron wasn't in the race.

bolidew
09-27-2011, 08:57 PM

He can go as far as he is still in the debate.

Sjmfury
09-27-2011, 09:01 PM
I hate to say this but Cain is on the wrong side of History. We just Elected a Black Man, that did not work.

Eric21ND
09-27-2011, 09:05 PM
He destroyed Romney's chances.

brushfire
09-27-2011, 09:08 PM
I hate to say this but Cain is on the wrong side of History. We just Elected a Black Man, that did not work.

We elected a 1/2 black man. How do you know that it was not the other half that did not work? Hmmmm?

JoshS
09-27-2011, 09:11 PM
too easy, candy cain's ex-fed

and he thinks an audit is 'silly'

kahless
09-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Cain isn't perfect, but he's head and shoulders better than Romney and Perry. I think I would support him if Ron wasn't in the race.

Before Mr. Federal Reserve promoted his 999 plan he testified before Congress in favor of a national sales tax starting at 23%. In my book this clown is far worse than any of the candidates except Santorum.

This is the guy that started off campaigning saying. "I cannot tell you what my policy will be until I am President. I will then form a committee whom will give me all the facts and then I will tell you what my policy is." I cannot believe I am going to defend Perry and Romney, but at least they tell you were they stand on issues.

Anyone else who answered questions in that manner would have been laughed out of the race already. The whole thing is rigged.

Guitarzan
09-27-2011, 09:13 PM

Who knew? I think you said the same about Perry when he arrived.

rp08orbust
09-27-2011, 09:14 PM

Absolutely.

And unfortunately, Herman Cain is hurting Ron Paul at the moment.

Brett85
09-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Who knew? I think you said the same about Perry when he arrived.

Sorry, I change my mind all the time. I just watched an interview that Herman Cain had with Dick Morris, and unfortunately it turns out that he's just as bad as the other candidates. He's opposed to Obama's very modest plan to simply withdraw 30,000 troops from Afghanistan by 2013. That's just a deal breaker for me. Ron is still the only good candidate in the race.

scrosnoe
09-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Color of skin has nothing to do with the message of Life and Liberty. Raise the standard people, support Ron's running and message by running yourself. We need to flood the landscape with people telling the truth and raising the standard of how we conduct business and run for office and yes govern in our land. We do need people of principle in every office in every city across the land. We need people of principle securing our border and saying no to bribes and no to crony capitalism for special favors...

Please prayerfully ponder what you are willing to do about matters, the time is short. Filing deadlines are up ahead but differ by state and jurisdiction.

ps Just to be perfectly clear -- you must run as a Republican IF you want to help Ron Paul in the primary.

The Midnight Ride
09-27-2011, 10:58 PM

Exactly. Rush's head might explode trying to comprehend what a small, constitutional government actually looks like. But why are people so enamored with the idea of giving the government ANOTHER revenue stream where they possess the ability to raise it at any given time? This is merely begging to be abused.

Seeing Cain's face after Ron introduces his 0-0-0 plan would be absolutely priceless.

HeyArchie
09-27-2011, 11:00 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/5f7ac2bd-de83-4669-8066-7bc76882a7b4.jpg
Guise, pizza is the real hero.

rp08orbust
09-27-2011, 11:02 PM
Has Ron Paul ever come out against the corporate income tax? I've only ever heard him condemn the individual income tax.

Rothbardian Girl
09-27-2011, 11:04 PM
Sorry, I change my mind all the time. I just watched an interview that Herman Cain had with Dick Morris, and unfortunately it turns out that he's just as bad as the other candidates. He's opposed to Obama's very modest plan to simply withdraw 30,000 troops from Afghanistan by 2013. That's just a deal breaker for me. Ron is still the only good candidate in the race.
Glad to see you changed your mind. :) I don't trust Cain either, for the reason you mentioned (very wishy-washy on foreign policy), and his dubious connections to the Federal Reserve. Someone in this thread also mentioned that it is "too easy" to take down Cain just by virtue of his associations with the Fed. But honestly, I haven't met an average American voter who:

1) Knows what the Fed even is, or what it's supposed to do in theory
2) If they do know what the Fed is, they don't understand that the Fed plays a huge role in bad monetary policy
3) They don't know that our monetary policy is even bad in the first place

A lot of people ignore economics. It just seems like a very remote concept. I'm personally in a microeconomics class and even though I haven't learned much that could be applied to Austrian economics, I am starting to understand just how much everything is connected - economics and its role in shaping society.

We need to either find more dirt on Cain (probably by spreading the word that his '9-9-9 plan' isn't such a good plan after all), or we need to explain monetary policy and the Fed in a very short amount of time (not possible).

anaconda
09-27-2011, 11:06 PM
we can officially mark Perry as a casualty now.

Shouldn't we wait to see if those 32% of voters have changed their minds? Just because the msm is turning on Perry, that doesn't necessarily mean the voters are.

anaconda
09-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Has Ron Paul ever come out against the corporate income tax? I've only ever heard him condemn the individual income tax.

Apparently corporate tax is constitutional.

rp08orbust
09-27-2011, 11:09 PM
Apparently corporate tax is constitutional.

Really, why?

Lymeade-Lady
09-27-2011, 11:13 PM
but from the outside looking in, it's like watching toddlers play soccer. You know they are going to bunch together in a big group to chase after the ball. Every time.lol!

JoshLowry
09-27-2011, 11:33 PM

ZERO percent income tax. Fund the government with other revenues. Let the people prosper.

ZERO undeclared wars will be waged.

ZERO unconstitutional bills will be signed by the executive branch.

:D

anaconda
09-27-2011, 11:37 PM
Really, why?

The corporate income tax is not considered a "direct tax," and therefore not subject to the requirement of apportionment over the citizenry. It is considered an excise tax, apparently.

http://www.enotes.com/major-acts-congress/corporate-income-tax-act

Tinnuhana
09-27-2011, 11:41 PM
In NH this past summer, at the Hillsboro Taxpayers' get-together, the couple manning the Cain table answered the Fed question by saying that the Kansas City Fed branch was"groovy" ...or something 60's like that. In other words, not as bad as the other branches.

rp08orbust
09-27-2011, 11:42 PM
It's not a tax on wages?

Where is the authority to tax a corporation's profits?

anaconda
09-27-2011, 11:57 PM
Where is the authority to tax a corporation's profits?

http://www.enotes.com/major-acts-congress/corporate-income-tax-act

The constitution empowers taxation. But "direct" taxes must be apportioned.

I'm sure Ron Paul would not say that corporate taxes are unconstitutional. He would just say they are lousy policy.

banks11
09-28-2011, 02:14 AM

Don't get me wrong I like the idea, taxes = theft.But a more reasonable solution (and I think Ron has eluded to this) is a fair tax / flat tax, so the better idea would be the following (which I also believe would be a good campaign tool [anti Ca*n especially] and a catchy sound bite [sound bites work, just look at 9-9-9]) :

There are just 2 to many 9s in there H*rm*n, how about a 0-0-9 plan.No giving the government yet ANOTHER tool to *insert your favorite word as to what the government does to people* us / the people / americans with, and instead a PRINCIPLED step towards stopping the theft of your money.LIBERTY LIBERTY LIBERTY (oups I got carried away ^^).

What I would do to hear Ron say that.

ps : Dam I'm giving attention to Ca*n, it's a vicious cycle...

randomname
09-28-2011, 06:05 AM
Palin: "Herm Cain, is with all due respect, the flavor of the week"

LawnWake
09-28-2011, 06:54 AM
So that's two contradictory statements within 1 day?

wgadget
09-28-2011, 07:38 AM
So that's two contradictory statements within 1 day?

I think she has Obamalinguitis.