PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta company policy - We are not hiring until Obama is gone

qh4dotcom
09-27-2011, 07:59 PM
Folks really like this photo on Facebook

http://hphotos-sjc1.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/s320x320/182283_1788223112717_1453756138_1894246_2745545_n. jpg

Rael
09-27-2011, 08:58 PM
I like it.

american.swan
09-27-2011, 08:59 PM
I expect this company to be audited soon....GREAT SIGN!!

Zippyjuan
09-27-2011, 10:24 PM
So he wants to punish some of his neighbors who may want and need a job because he doesn't like the president? His actions will not impact Obama at all but will impact his community. A silly idea in my opinion.

specsaregood
09-27-2011, 10:28 PM
So he wants to punish some of his neighbors who may want and need a job because he doesn't like the president? His actions will not impact Obama at all but will impact his community. A silly idea in my opinion.

You use of the word "punish" implies that they deserve or have a right to a job under his employership. He is under no obligation to do so.

Zippyjuan
09-27-2011, 10:35 PM
You are correct- there is no "right" to a job- but it is the job seekers in his area which are hurt since this lessens their opportunity to find a job there- not Obama. If his business warrants hiring more workers, he is losing out himself on possibly making more money. The people he could hire would then have more money to spend at local businesses including his too.

Tarzan
09-27-2011, 10:55 PM
You are correct- there is no "right" to a job- but it is the job seekers in his area which are hurt since this lessens their opportunity to find a job there- not Obama. If his business warrants hiring more workers, he is losing out himself on possibly making more money. The people he could hire would then have more money to spend at local businesses including his too.

I can't say what the business owner is actually thinking. But, I suspect it is more an issue of the current job market and business climate. With the government threatening to make so many damaging changes to business and tax structures... new hires can be a risky thing for businesses. If this guy is proceeding from that perspective I certainly understand the position. It could also be a simpler issue... they may be in no position to hire new employees because of a downturn in business and it keeps people from asking if they are hiring. I think the former is more likely.

Maybe he could follow the business model Rick Perry has been using to create new jobs here in Texas... hire illegals, don't pay any benefits, then fire them when you don't need them anymore.
http://www.businessinsider.com/texas-jobs-immigrants-rick-perry-2011-9

qh4dotcom
09-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Just imagine what would happen if everyone did this...Obama would have to resign

qh4dotcom
09-27-2011, 11:37 PM

You forgot that a bunch of those job seekers supported Obama. Maybe the sign should read "We are not hiring until Obama is gone and firing those who supported him".

"If you vote and you elect dishonest incompetent people and they get into office and screw everything up well you're responsible for what they have done, you caused the problem, you voted them in, you have no right to complain."

-George Carlin

oyarde
09-28-2011, 10:00 AM
So he wants to punish some of his neighbors who may want and need a job because he doesn't like the president? His actions will not impact Obama at all but will impact his community. A silly idea in my opinion. Nah , pretty much the way it is in my area , nobody hires what they need , only what they must . If they can cover it by working twelve hours , 7 days instead , that is what they are doing . Basically it all because of uncertainty over the health care bill and future tax rates.

oyarde
09-28-2011, 10:02 AM
If people do not yet realize it , the health care bill was the biggest hiring killer of all time. And , yes , Obama is to Blame , and all those commie Dems in the Senate and House.

silentshout
09-28-2011, 10:54 AM
Meh, I don't like it. It is ridiculous IMO. So he would be fine hiring people if perry or Romney were president? If so, why? Bleh. Sorry if I won't join in on the anyone but Obama bandwagon here. Other choices are just as bad, if not worse.

moostraks
09-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Meh, I don't like it. It is ridiculous IMO. So he would be fine hiring people if perry or Romney were president? If so, why? Bleh. Sorry if I won't join in on the anyone but Obama bandwagon here. Other choices are just as bad, if not worse.

You seem to be jumping to conclusions. Could be since they are all members of the same party despite the different jersey colors that a new magnet will be used when policies fail to change thus leaving the business environment hostile to expansion....

nbhadja
09-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Unless this guy is a Ron Paul supporter he has no right to talk. I can bet you he supports one of Bush, McCain, Perry, Romney, Cain etc.