PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Drudge (while still reading his site)

Tidewise
11-05-2007, 02:33 PM
I am appalled at Drudge's silent treatment of Ron Paul. Not just because of today, but he has given Dr. Paul scant attention despite all of the relevant newsworthy events over the past several months.

Here is how you can boycott Drudge but still read his site. You will need two things, both of which you should have already:

1. Firefox (available here: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/ )
2. Adblock extension to Firefox (available here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/10 )

After installing the AdBlock extension, visit www.drudgereport.com. Click on the "AdBlock" in the lower right-hand corner of your Firefox browser. Click on "Remove Ads." You will also see a list of "blockable" items. You can easily add items to be blocked. Enter the following for Drudge:
*.adgardener.com*

He runs several different online ad services, so you will want to update your ad filter accordingly.

Then, send him a message to let him know what you just did.

JMann
11-05-2007, 02:34 PM
Why would I want to boycott Drudge? Anyway, thanks for the info on ad block.

davidhperry
11-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Please chill - the news is still happening. People generally wait until it's over before reporting on it. He's got a lot of time to report on this.

dsentell
11-05-2007, 02:41 PM
Don't we still have a Ron Paul banner running on Drudge?

Tidewise
11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Drudge has had plenty of time to report on Ron Paul for many different stories but has chosen not to do so.

As for waiting to report today's news, he regularly reports breaking news. Indeed, that is his specialty!

Don't we still have a Ron Paul banner running on Drudge?

Yeah, but we already know about Ron Paul :)

Benaiah
11-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Drudge has been my homepage for 8 years. I don't know why he doesn't give Paul more play. From what I've read, he's got a big streak of Libertarian in him.

Adamsa
11-05-2007, 02:43 PM
A lot of the media are probably waiting, because the minute they report, they're out of date because of the influx of donations.

davidhperry
11-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Drudge has had plenty of time to report on Ron Paul for many different stories but has chosen not to do so.

As for waiting to report today's news, he regularly reports breaking news. Indeed, that is his specialty!

Yeah, but we already know about Ron Paul :)

I know - and it is frustrating to me as well so I can empathize. I have noticed that he generally links to high traffic sites so that he doesn't nail these smaller sites with tons of bandwidth. Maybe he's waiting for one of those come out.

Either way, I would wait until later to pass judgement. You never know what's going on behind the scenes and he could be preparing something now. Some people were proposing a ban on NBC right before the Leno announcement.

Johncjackson
11-05-2007, 02:48 PM
he has reported on RP in the past, and what you are suggesting doesn't hurt him at all.

Tidewise
11-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Drudge has been my homepage for 8 years. I don't know why he doesn't give Paul more play. From what I've read, he's got a big streak of Libertarian in him.

I know - I love the DrudgeReport.com and hit it several times a day as it is my primary source for news links. I simply do not understand Drudge's silent treatment of Ron Paul, but is more than evident to me now. I see no need to wait before depriving him of ad revenue (via adblock) while still taking up some of his bandwidth. :)

ASayre
11-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Drudge gave RP a large amount of coverage when the Q3 numbers came out. Don't boycott drudge.

Maybe he's waiting for a final amount raised today for the entirety of the 5th before posting something.

Don't rush to conclusions and discourage someone who's given favorable media attention to the good Doctor.

Ncturnal
11-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Dale Carnegie - How to Win Friends and Influence People. A book that I highly suggest reading. Those who have will know why I say that. :)

Tidewise
11-05-2007, 07:12 PM
DRUDGE STILL SILENT!

Current Drudge campaign headlines:

Obama: Cheney is 'crazy uncle in the attic'...
Obama Criticizes Hillary's Drive to Win...
Fred Thompson Aide Resigns Post After Drug-Dealing History Exposed...
Stephen Colbert Drops Presidential Bid...

Not a word about the biggest single day of primary fund raising ever.

dircha
11-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Drudge did eventually give us a big headline on Ron Paul's early report of 5 million in Q3.

Just keep submitting LEGITIMATE news articles on his tip submission page, and hopefully during the day tomorrow he will run a huge red-font headline with a siren over it for us.

Just keep trying.

dircha
11-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Drudge gave RP a large amount of coverage when the Q3 numbers came out. Don't boycott drudge.

Maybe he's waiting for a final amount raised today for the entirety of the 5th before posting something.

Don't rush to conclusions and discourage someone who's given favorable media attention to the good Doctor.

I agree 100%.

Keep submitting him tips with links to legitimate stories on it.

Chaos Unlimited
11-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Do you know how ridiculous you sound when you send a website an email telling them you're going to boycott their site? Please keep things rational and don't make it seem like Ron Paul supporters fly off the handle at every little thing.

We need to cast off the impression that Ron Paul supporters are the crazy fringe.

Mark
11-05-2007, 08:17 PM

http://www.drudgereport.com/

http ://www.drudgereport.com/

Look right above Edwards pic...!!

"Ron Paul Raises More Than $3.5M in One Day..."

referencing this article..

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8SNSK800&show_article=1

http ://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8SNSK800&show_article=1

Tidewise
11-05-2007, 08:19 PM
No ALL CAPS or nothing, but at least it was in red.

Sorry for my hyperventilating earlier, but he was really pissing me off with his lame stories about other candidates while one of the biggest stories in modern political history was going down.

Brad Zink
11-05-2007, 08:30 PM
EDIT: Here are Drudge's traffic stats: 17 million views in the past 24 hours!!!