PDA

View Full Version : Why won't they ressurect Newt like they did McCain?

Fredom101
09-27-2011, 03:57 PM
McCain was doing terrible in the race until the media came to his rescue and labeled him "front runner". Then, everyone went along with it. Seems like they could do the same thing easily with Newt, and drum up that old myth that he helped save the country in the 90's.

Maybe this is the backup plan to Christie? Time is running out though.

PastaRocket848
09-27-2011, 04:00 PM
if he begins polling well they will, and he is. it's not a conspiracy, it's politics. people who poll well and get the ok from the establishment are branded front runners, because they are, not because of some attempt to defraud someone else. the part that makes it /seem/ like a conspiracy to us is the "get the ok from the establishment" part.

Working Poor
09-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Newt has a lot of baggage....

acptulsa
09-27-2011, 04:04 PM

Way too much. His big disadvantage is he's too memorable. Tom DeLay would almost have a better chance.

PastaRocket848
09-27-2011, 04:10 PM
lol. i met newt at CPAC FL and he was actually a really cool guy. stood there and talked to me for about 5 minutes just BS'ing.. i like him. if i could trust him, i might even vote for him. he's smart.

09-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Newt is a smooth polished smart politician. He has too much baggage when the poo slinging starts.

davidt!
09-27-2011, 04:18 PM
Newt is just too plain. He is ok when given one minute to talk but if you have tried listening to him for any longer than that you know what I mean.

CTRattlesnake
09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Newt is just too plain. He is ok when given one minute to talk but if you have tried listening to him for any longer than that you know what I mean.

He's a smart guy, but like a poster said before....way too much baggage

gls
09-27-2011, 04:22 PM
I expect Huntsman to be pushed hard by the media, even more so than he already has been.

Aratus
09-27-2011, 04:27 PM
cain and huntsman loom as someone's possible veep.
newt ruled the roost too often as a kingmaker, he did
not push to be the ticket header earlier & this hurts him.

wrestlingwes_8
09-27-2011, 04:27 PM

Could you elaborate more?

RonPaulFanInGA
09-27-2011, 04:28 PM
Why won't they ressurect Newt like they did McCain?

Who's "they"?

PastaRocket848
09-27-2011, 04:29 PM
he's been married a half dozen times. religious people don't like that, which is weird, considering they don't seem to stay together much either.

anaconda
09-27-2011, 04:31 PM

McCain had the Savings and Loan Scandal. He should have been in prison instead of campaigning.

RDM
09-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Could you elaborate more?

Watch this:

http://vimeo.com/6445068

It will explain everything you need to know.

anaconda
09-27-2011, 04:34 PM
I expect Huntsman to be pushed hard by the media, even more so than he already has been.

What I fail to understand is why, if it is important to the corporations to get themselves a puppet, why they aren't funneling many millions (which is chump change for them) into super pacs for people like Huntsman? As well as several of the other candidates. They should all be getting sums of money that dwarf Ron Paul. Why are they taking a chance of Ron Paul raining on their parade?

Fredom101
09-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Who's "they"?

The people that decide these things behind the scenes. You agree, right? If not, I recommend you read a little from Bill Clinton's mentor Carol Quigley, who in his book made it clear that there is indeed a conspiracy to make it seem like we have a choice in elections, when in reality, everything is predetermined by a few elites.

Fredom101
09-27-2011, 04:38 PM
he's been married a half dozen times. religious people don't like that, which is weird, considering they don't seem to stay together much either.

Haha, so true! Marriage isn't a good solution for most people, the odds of surviving it are pretty shitty.

MomsBasement
09-27-2011, 04:54 PM
They were able to push McCain so easily because he WAS one of the assumed frontrunners for 2008 before he began to slide. It wasn't hard to pop him back up with his previous frontrunner status under his belt. Newt has never been a frontrunner, and that is one of the main differences.

parocks
09-27-2011, 05:09 PM
McCain was doing terrible in the race until the media came to his rescue and labeled him "front runner". Then, everyone went along with it. Seems like they could do the same thing easily with Newt, and drum up that old myth that he helped save the country in the 90's.

Backup plan to Christie?

Did I miss a major story about Christie entering the race?

See also: Palin, Giuliani.

And Gingrich was probably intentionally hoping all along to be the McCain of 2012. His plan is working pretty well.

09-27-2011, 05:11 PM
When it comes down to it, Newt is looking to sell some book and maybe get a VP slot. That's it.

angelatc
09-27-2011, 05:15 PM

I'm not sure they won't, but Newt has a lot of baggage. Ex wives, book deals,...plus he was a lightening rod when he was in office. People remember that he spent as much time preening for the camera as he did actually legislating.

JoshLowry
09-27-2011, 05:22 PM

So did McCain...

jkob
09-27-2011, 05:27 PM
I doubt it. Newt doesn't have the personal popularity that McCain had as a war hero. If they're gunna prop anyone up it'll probably be Cain.

Philadelphia76
09-27-2011, 06:32 PM
Newt is a tough nut to crack. With so much of the general public apparently yearning for the "golden days" of Bill and Hillary Clinton- I seriously doubt Newt's "baggage" would hurt him and he would give Obama hell in the general (i.e. perhaps the only candidate outside of Dr. Paul that could go toe-to-toe with Obama intellectually in a debate). His "baggage" DOES hurt him in the primary though obviously. I suppose they could always re-package Newt as a "reformed" sinner and a "reformed" conservative who's seen the error of his ways both personally and politically that's now ready to fulfill the brilliant promise he once showed in the early/mid 90's...

Anyway- I don't rate as a "high" probability personally- but anything's possible in this crazy campaign...

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Newt put off running for years because he was radioactive. Then, he finally jumps in and shoots himself in the foot immediately. Who's going to put it on the line for someone who is their own worst enemy? He can't be relied on.

OsHw92j9P0Q

Aratus
09-27-2011, 07:03 PM
^this^ its easier for him to hamstring a sitting potus than BE a president!

Voluntary Man
09-27-2011, 07:10 PM
Way too much. His big disadvantage is he's too memorable. Tom DeLay would almost have a better chance.

almost.

I've got a Tom DeLay story .... but i can't tell it here.

pacu44
09-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Newt will get his chance once 999 is exposed as introducing another new tax....

Lil Ricky will get a chance too... They are gonna prop every last one up before RP gets his due...

Harry96
09-27-2011, 11:30 PM
if he begins polling well they will, and he is. it's not a conspiracy, it's politics. people who poll well and get the ok from the establishment are branded front runners, because they are, not because of some attempt to defraud someone else. the part that makes it /seem/ like a conspiracy to us is the "get the ok from the establishment" part.

Nonsense. Pawlenty was pushed as a front-runner the entire time he was in the race, and he was polling at 2% the whole time. McCain was in the same range in early 2008, when several major newspapers endorsed him out of nowhere. Giuliani had been pushed for a year as the front-runner, but when the primaries started, it became obvious that he had almost no support. The elite didn't want Romney for various reasons, so they called an audible and switched to McCain.

The media opinion-makers are called that for a reason; most people are totally swayed by what they're told by the media. Perry became the far and away front-runner because the media built him up as such; now they're tearing him down for some reason, and he's plummeting in the polls. Cain is surging in the polls after the media coverage of his victory in the Florida Straw Poll (coverage that has, of course, been denied to Ron after his numerous straw poll wins).

The way it appears that this works is the elite choose various candidates they've vetted and control, then pull strings with the media (I honestly don't know exactly how, but we can see the control system asserting itself with how they're treating Ron, when anyone else with his hard metrics would be pushed as the front-runner that he is) to build up those candidates. But, as Giuliani last time and Pawlenty this time show, manipulating people is an art, not a science; sometimes a certain candidate doesn't "take" with the public, so the elite switch to a different one. But they're all pretty much interchangeable, or else they wouldn't be promoted as front-runners.

Everyone who's interested in this kind of stuff should Google Joel Skousen's two-hour interview called "The Tea Party Deception," where he discusses at length this process in general, and how it played out in 2008 in particular.

Harry96
09-27-2011, 11:32 PM
Oh, and we could very well see an attempt to resurrect Gingrich early next year. As I mentioned, the elite seem to have pulled the plug on Perry for some reason.

QE Is Theft
09-28-2011, 12:21 AM

So did McCain...

If the elites get behind a candidate, it doesn't matter how messed up their track records are...

We're not living in democracy....

Eric21ND
09-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Someone should loop that video and drop it on the doorstep of anyone tempted to support Newt.