PDA

View Full Version : NC Governor Suggests Suspending Elections

Pericles
09-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Just when you think they can't get any more stupid .....

Read her full remarks below.
"You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things. I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that. The one good thing about Raleigh is that for so many years we worked across party lines. It's a little bit more contentious now but it's not impossible to try to do what's right in this state. You want people who don't worry about the next election."

Read more: http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/perdue_suggests_suspending_congressional_elections _for_two_years_was_she_serious#ixzz1ZBwb3Y15

Anti Federalist
09-27-2011, 03:57 PM
Good god...

This is really getting creepy now, notice how that meme surfaces more and more?

Welcome to Germany 1936 or so.

All will be well once we appoint a Glorious Leader for life.

Jesus...I'm really starting to re-think my "stay put and fight it out" attitude.

It may getting time to haul ass. All these neo-fascists will need is another "terror" attack.

A bad one this time, a couple hundred thousand dead or more.

Lights fucking out at that point.

TheNcredibleEgg
09-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Can't they wait to suspend elections after a Paul is Prez? And just make them dictator?

(Of course, that wouldn't work either since Ron Paul would oppose his dictatorship on Constitutional grounds.)

sluggo
09-27-2011, 04:16 PM
That's our own Bev Perdue, aka "The Joker."

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Beverly_Perdue_official_photo.jpg/220px-Beverly_Perdue_official_photo.jpg

phill4paul
09-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Yeah, this nutter is my Guv. Good Lord. I think I'm with AF. We are just one false flag away from being wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross.

Rael
09-27-2011, 04:26 PM
She is such an idiot.

Southron
09-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Let her try it. Her time as governor will soon be coming to an end anyway.

specsaregood
09-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Yes, because clearly when somebody is too inept/unwilling/spineless to do their job, the answer is to extend their contract.

Seraphim
09-27-2011, 04:50 PM
I hope you're wrong. I really don't want to be your Austria (I'm Canadian).

Good god...

Jesus...I'm really starting to re-think my "stay put and fight it out" attitude.

It may getting time to haul ass. All these neo-fascists will need is another "terror" attack.

Agorism
09-27-2011, 04:55 PM
I thought they made the "super committee" for this as this was a less contentious route than just suspending elections.

This way none of them to have to bother voting on any of it, and they can coast to reelection.

KCIndy
09-27-2011, 05:25 PM
She's scared of Gunny, that's what's happening! :)

Voluntary Man
09-27-2011, 05:35 PM
Carol Brady is governor of North Carolina?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/0d/Beverly_Perdue_official_photo.jpg/220px-Beverly_Perdue_official_photo.jpg

Nate-ForLiberty
09-27-2011, 05:42 PM
"If you suspend any elections, I will lead the people in armed revolt against you. We will seize and arrest you, and then try you for treason."

---needs to be said on the House floor.

I'm up for moving to the NC for a little REV.

Tarzan
09-27-2011, 06:02 PM
Actually, this might not be such a bad idea!!

Don't elect anybody... send the entire house home for two years... send 1/3 of the senate home... leave the presidency vacant. Two years of no government might be a good thing. No new legislation would be passed... no funding would be available so the rest of government would have to close (no IRS, no EPA, etc.)... our military would come home (though they might have to buy their own tickets).

Heck, I'm willing to give it a try. Perhaps we should extend this to state governors as well. :rolleyes:
sarcasm... but only semi :)

osan
09-27-2011, 06:22 PM

Not only is Bev a foaming-at-the-mouth lunatic, she is a bald faced liar. After the shit hit the fan she had the temerity to try to sell the idea that her comment was only a joke.

I cannot wait for Nov. 2012 so the folks in NC can show that nauseous ninnyhammer the door.

sluggo
09-27-2011, 06:24 PM
She only got elected because she was fortunate enough to ride the "Obama wave."

There were signs around town that had voter instructions to vote straight democrat, usually near bus stops.

LibForestPaul
09-27-2011, 06:27 PM
I hope you're wrong. I really don't want to be your Austria (I'm Canadian).

Quebec will be our Poland though.

jkob
09-27-2011, 06:28 PM
Insane. Combine this with the recent talk of bringing back the draft and things are really getting scary.

Hopefully she's booted out of office next year.

osan
09-27-2011, 06:28 PM
"If you suspend any elections, I will lead the people in armed revolt against you. We will seize and arrest you, and then try you for treason."

I would absolutely love it if Glen Bradley waved that warning in her churlish face at that venue. It is time for less equivocation where these rabies-infected lunatics are concerned.

Tarzan
09-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Quebec will be our Poland though.

Didn't we already try that... like, twice??? Didn't work out so well.

Besides, even if we won we would end up with all those French speaking citizens... euwwwhhh :eek:
We still haven't civilized Louisiana!
:rolleyes: :)

Krugerrand
09-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Good god...

For those with the resources to do so (of which, I am sadly not) it is prudent to have a place of refuge outside of one's own country for when a need may arise. History is riddled with freedom fighters that have had to leave their homelands and return at more opportune times.

libertybrewcity
09-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Step 1: Desensitize the people.

AGRP
09-27-2011, 07:33 PM
Im all for suspending all elections meaning there are no offices to elect to :D

(epic post count to subject matter correlation :) )

aGameOfThrones
09-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Life appointments? Dictators for life. You know, so the current people who mess things up have an opportunity to fix things they have no desire to fix... Like following the constitution for starters.

phill4paul
09-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Joke? Hyperbole? You decide.

hxxp://dailycaller.com/2011/09/28/new-audio-nc-governor-struck-serious-tone-on-suspending-congressional-elections/

oyarde
09-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Well , I may be able to be talked into suspending Congress and the Senate entirely for two years ( without pay ).

Dianne
09-28-2011, 12:28 PM

Bank of America owned and controlled Bev Perdue. The Demo's must be really concerned they rode Obama's coat tails into office; and now about to ride them out of office. So leave it to Bev to come up with the great idea to suspend elections, lmao... She's a moron. I'm surprised she didn't suggest suspending the presidential election; although I'm sure that would be her next grand idea. After all, our government is doing so well now; why would we want to kick anyone out of office?

HOLLYWOOD
09-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Bank of America owned and controlled Bev Perdue. The Demo's must be really concerned they rode Obama's coat tails into office; and now about to ride them out of office. So leave it to Bev to come up with the great idea to suspend elections, lmao... She's a moron. I'm surprised she didn't suggest suspending the presidential election; although I'm sure that would be her next grand idea. After all, our government is doing so well now; why would we want to kick anyone out of office?With actions like that in the coming election year, leaves the door wide-open for killer campaign commercials against Perdue. She's a fool for opening her mouth.

Dianne
09-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Now she is trying to walk it back, and staffers say she was just making a joke, lmao.

You can hear her speech on a link at this site:

http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/was_perdue_joking_you_decide_listen_here

fisharmor
09-28-2011, 01:38 PM

You know, you're 100% right.
You don't win political battles by chipping away at someone else's position.
You win political battles by allowing others to chip away at your position.

If state officials say brazenly insane things like this, we need to respond with something from the polar opposite end of the conversation.
Let the reply be "If you do this you will be led away from your office in chains, you will be literally pilloried, people will literally be throwing rotten fruit at you until your trial."

The problem, as libertybrewcity pointed out, is that people are getting desensitized.
If the reply to an insane proposition is "here's another insane proposition and by the way we're serious as a heart attack about going through with it", then cancelling elections might be viewed by the public for the insane idea it is.

Or, worst case scenario, we get to see what Carol Brady looks like with a maggoty tomato on her nose.

eduardo89
09-28-2011, 02:01 PM
With actions like that in the coming election year, leaves the door wide-open for killer campaign commercials against Perdue. She's a fool for opening her mouth.sadly the republican who will succeed her will be just as bad.

phill4paul
09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
sadly the republican who will succeed her will be just as bad.

Well, I heard somewhere that a current Rep. Glen Bradley may at some future date run for her position. :cool:

Fredom101
09-28-2011, 02:33 PM

"You have to have more ability from Congress, I think, to work together and to get over the partisan bickering and focus on fixing things. I think we ought to suspend, perhaps, elections for Congress for two years and just tell them we won't hold it against them, whatever decisions they make, to just let them help this country recover. I really hope that someone can agree with me on that. The one good thing about Raleigh is that for so many years we worked across party lines. It's a little bit more contentious now but it's not impossible to try to do what's right in this state. You want people who don't worry about the next election."

Read more: http://projects.newsobserver.com/under_the_dome/perdue_suggests_suspending_congressional_elections _for_two_years_was_she_serious#ixzz1ZBwb3Y15

This is the same statist lady who had that quote going around facebook about how great taxes are, and how anyone who is a success owes it to government. No surprise. She's scary.

jmdrake
09-28-2011, 02:34 PM
Just when you think they can't get any more stupid arrogant in their tyranny .....

Fixed it for ya. ;)

Pericles
09-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Fixed it for ya. ;)

Thanks, I was obviously being imprecise in my language.

-C-
09-28-2011, 03:54 PM
This won't happen, at least not in NC. Maybe nationally they'll be able to suspend federal elections or something based off some natural disaster or terrorist disaster. However, I don't believe the people in the state of North Carolina would allow a democrat governor to suspend elections in a time where the State is moving so rapidly back into the red. I don't think people like Glen Bradley, and others that are in the general assembly, from both parties, would simply "let" it happen.

She would literally have to declare a State of Emergency and call the National Guard in to fully Activate all Armories and put down a rebellion, and throw people like Glen Bradley, and again, plenty of others, in jail. She could hold the capital, but unless the federal gov't ordered the actual armed forces to assist her, there is no way in the world she could hold Western, and Eastern North Carolina.

With all that said, I agree with the point that too many politicians are so quick to sellout for campaign money...including her. So while her remarks may have held some bit of truth, minus the election suspension, its not like the elections can just "be suspended." People would flip out. It would have the opposite effect. The greatest way to get people to want to vote, is to tell them they can't. Suddenly millions who never gave a damn are ready to fight just for their right to give a damn.

The south was screaming for suspending federal elections before the Civil War. Just saying.

Noob
09-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Virginia-based group Americans for Limited Government is calling for Perdue to be impeached by the North Carolina Legislature for her remarks.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=349629#ixzz1ZIHmRK3q

phill4paul
09-28-2011, 09:03 PM
Virginia-based group Americans for Limited Government is calling for Perdue to be impeached by the North Carolina Legislature for her remarks.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=349629#ixzz1ZIHmRK3q

Well I think that is blowing out of the water a bit to much. Her quote is enough to sink her.

Philhelm
09-28-2011, 11:34 PM
Can't they wait to suspend elections after a Paul is Prez? And just make them dictator?

(Of course, that wouldn't work either since Ron Paul would oppose his dictatorship on Constitutional grounds.)

No, he'd just force us to live free. :D