PDA

View Full Version : RedState pushing Perry (still)... while acknowleding Ron would be better.

PastaRocket848
09-27-2011, 02:57 PM
hxxp://www.redstate.com/scottconklin/2011/09/27/i-don%E2%80%99t-like-ron-paul-but%E2%80%A6/

you probably saw the article in the news today. redstate (aka the rick perry superPAC that isn't quite) has suggested that Perry, though admittedly stupid and not a conservative by any measure, is "what we have", and RP/Cain should drop out and announce a "dream team" of Perry/Cain with RP as Treasury Sec. He claims Ron is the man for the job but doesn't look the part and hence cannot win a general. Comment section is broken, or i'm sure it would be filled with today's polling data showing just the opposite...

point is... don't fall for it. we're winning and they're running scared.

tremendoustie
09-27-2011, 03:00 PM
hxxp://www.redstate.com/scottconklin/2011/09/27/i-don’t-like-ron-paul-but…/

you probably saw the article in the news today. redstate (aka the rick perry superPAC that isn't quite) has suggested that Perry, though admittedly stupid and not a conservative by any measure, is "what we have", and RP/Cain should drop out and announce a "dream team" of Perry/Cain with RP as Treasury Sec. He claims Ron is the man for the job but doesn't look the part and hence cannot win a general. Comment section is broken, or i'm sure it would be filled with today's polling data showing just the opposite...

point is... don't fall for it. we're winning and they're running scared.

He says Ron is the man for the job? Really? I thought redstate was anti-paul central.

Also, has redstate noticed that Paul consistently polls significantly higher than Perry does vs. Obama?

airborne373
09-27-2011, 03:03 PM
My experience with RedState and Eric Erickson is they are anti U.S. military and veteran. I don't waste any time on their site. Being pro war does not make you a supporter of the U.S. Armed Forces. Erickson is just another chicken-hawk war-pig who never wore the uniform.

trey4sports
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
whatever.

Atleast they're not trying to refute our positions.

erowe1
09-27-2011, 03:06 PM
Who's Scott Conklin? Looks like he's just some random guy on Red State who's not representative Erick Erickson or anyone else there.

One Last Battle!
09-27-2011, 03:08 PM
The neocon thugs over at RedState are complimenting Paul? REALLY? Is this guy an actual regular contributor/person of importance, or is he a clever Paul supporter who avoided the Pogroms of '07 and '11?

Agorism
09-27-2011, 03:09 PM
Is this a main page blog?

dbill27
09-27-2011, 03:19 PM
I think this is just a member blog.

PastaRocket848
09-27-2011, 03:53 PM
i'm not sure... top hit on google though.

Maximus
09-27-2011, 04:51 PM
It's something they've been saying for a few months now. Paul for Secretary of the Treasury, because they love him domestically but can't stomach not being in a state of perpetual war.

Brian4Liberty
09-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Sounds like fear of Cain. A desperate attempt to keep Perry as the frontrunner, even though he has lost that status.

PastaRocket848
09-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Oh Cain will go down just as fast. He's a blatant bigot... On record... A few times over lol.