PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is the perfect candidate for Christian voters. How to best articulate this?

NeoconTea
09-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Is there any interest in making flyers for this? People really need to know certain things about the guy.

Anyway, I think its important that everyone there brushes up on the important issues because it could be very crucial to converting people to their side. I'm not saying my suggestions are the best but if anyone has any better ones it'd be helpful to share them. I'm not underestimating anyone's intelligence, but it never hurts to share ideas. I'm leaving it open for people to chip in, but the pro life cause is the one that really needs to be hammered because Dr. Paul is the only OB-GYN and he's been staunchly pro life for almost 50 years.

Pro life:
"As an O.B. doctor of thirty years, and having delivered 4,000 babies, I can assure you life begins at conception. I am legally responsible for the unborn, no matter what I do, so there’s a legal life there. The unborn has inheritance rights, and if there’s an injury or a killing, there is a legal entity. There is no doubt about it. "

"In the 1960s when abortion was still illegal, I witnessed, as an OB/GYN resident, the abortion of a fetus that weighed approximately 2 pounds. It was placed in a bucket, crying and struggling to breathe, and the medical personnel pretended not to notice. Soon the crying stopped. This harrowing event forced me to think more seriously about this important issue. That same day in the OB suite, an early delivery occurred and the infant boy was only slightly larger than the one that was just aborted. But in this room everybody did everything conceivable to save this child's life. My conclusion that day was that we were overstepping the bounds of morality by picking and choosing who should live and who should die. There was no consistent moral basis to the value of life under these circumstances. Some people believe that being pro-choice is being on the side of freedom. I've never understood how killing a human being, albeit a small one in a special place, is portrayed as a precious right. "

Ron Paul sponsored the Sanctity of Life Act in 2005. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-776

rp08orbust
09-27-2011, 08:19 AM
Slightly off topic, but winning the Values Voter Summit straw poll would help send this message among Christian voters more than many realize.

NeoconTea
09-27-2011, 11:09 AM
That's the point, and it would especially be important in Iowa. If he can get the same crowd Huckabee did, he'll win just as Huckabee did.

RonPaul101.com
09-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Dr Paul is not going to be the typical bible thumping candidate, and I'm glad he's not. However, those who are really true to Christianity need to ask themselves, who is the most proven honest politician running and would God approve of our preemptive wars and continued killing of hundreds of thousands of innocent people around the world?

Anyone open minded and Christian would pick Ron Paul; those too close-minded to admit they support immoral wars and hide behind the bible as a crutch, won't be converted by anyone.

newbitech
09-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Ron Paul talks about the "remnant."

http://www.yaliberty.org/posts/ron-paul-and-the-remnant

Restore America Now
09-27-2011, 02:17 PM
My family is comprised of devout Christians. My father, a Perry supporter, claims he supports him because he is "a conservative Christian." Despite printing out Dr. Paul's Statement of Faith, Pro-Life stance, and his Homeschooling stance (two of my brothers are home schooled so this is extremely important to my family) and showing my father, he has not budged an inch on his support. So frustrating. I don't understand. :mad:

rp08orbust
09-27-2011, 02:19 PM
That's the point, and it would especially be important in Iowa. If he can get the same crowd Huckabee did, he'll win just as Huckabee did.

LOL I only just noticed that this thread was in the VVS sub-forum.

nf7mate
09-27-2011, 03:11 PM
As a Christian, I was drawn to Ron Paul because of his support for putting government in its limited, biblical role. The Bible describes the role of civil government as the enforcement of justice - punishing those who do evil so that everyone can live safely and peacefully. Nothing in there about the government feeding, clothing, housing, or educating anyone; these things are the job of the family, the church, or the community.

Regarding foreign policy, Christians that hold to the Just War Theory should definitely support Ron Paul over any other Republican candidate. The Just War Theory is a good talking point if discussing foreign policy with a Christian. It has origins that go back to Thomas Aquinas and St. Augustine.

georgiaboy
09-27-2011, 03:30 PM
lots of good threads on the forum about outreach to Christians. Spend some time doing a search and you'll find topics on why Ron's support of Israel is the best and most biblical approach, why his view of sound money is biblical, etc.

You'll also find that his personal life is truly representative of a man obedient to his Lord and Savior.

Ron's overall political philosophy exactly correlates with a view that makes God central in one's life, as opposed to making government into a defacto god.

ventron
10-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Buy some White series flyers:

http://ronpauldesigns.blogspot.com/p/shop.html#white

The person who came up with these flyers is a genius, he really has thought of every demographic :)

donnay
10-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Send them this video--it sums it up quite nicely. @2:55 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HTH6GT3os4&feature=player_embedded