PDA

View Full Version : RP Sells Out New York City’s Largest Nightclub - 1900 activists

Matt Collins
09-27-2011, 08:01 AM
http://gallery.mailchimp.com/9b8827e2d9e8f8bf88bfe6fcb/images/earlyemailheader.jpg (http://ronpaul2012.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=9b8827e2d9e8f8bf88bfe6fcb&id=407cc39739&e=1f45cc75c4)

Ron Paul Handily Sells Out
New York City’s Largest Nightclub

Nearly 1,900 grassroots activists, luminaries celebrate

LAKE JACKSON, Texas – 2012 Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul drew a spectacular 1,862 greater New York City metropolitan area voters for a fundraising rally last night.

“Ron Paul continues to inspire a movement that no other campaign can duplicate in its conviction and broadness,” said Ron Paul 2012 National Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton.

“The success of this entirely-grassroots event in the heart of New York City demonstrates that supporters are motivated by Dr. Paul’s winning message of Constitutionally-limited government, sound money and a traditional Republican noninterventionist foreign policy,” said Mr. Benton.

The event was hosted by the Ron Paul NYC Liberty HQ, an independent grassroots organization. Luminaries included Jack Hunter, Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Blogger, Radio Host and Columnist for The American Conservative; Peter Schiff, CEO of Euro Pacific Capital; the Hon. Dan Halloran, New York City Councilman (R-19); Murray Sabrin, Former U.S. Senate candidate in New Jersey; and singer-songwriter Jordan Page.

libertybrewcity
09-27-2011, 08:08 AM
cool, how much money did they raise?

IndianaPolitico
09-27-2011, 08:17 AM
Very nice, glad to see it was a great sucess!

Matt, out of curiousity, will the campaign be releasing a promotion video for the EOTQP like last time? It is getting kind of late.

Steve-in-NY
09-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Estimate:
1862 * $20 = $37,240.
- rental.
------------------
$30k - ish?

TexMac
09-27-2011, 08:54 AM
I thought you guys might enjoy this. I know it's not a great pic, but it was kinda dim in there. Someone made this awesome banner. You are looking straight across from one balcony to the other, toward the back of the hall. You can see how packed it was.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CIl0pWv7PRc/ToHiLeU4iPI/AAAAAAAAAQc/xj7wZQt_vhw/s640/IMG_0065.JPG

angelatc
09-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Wow - thats a club?

Madison Square Garden - here we come!

AdamT
09-27-2011, 09:04 AM
Better pic of banner:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/98yg.jpg

sailingaway
09-27-2011, 09:05 AM
I thought you guys might enjoy this. I know it's not a great pic, but it was kinda dim in there. Someone made this awesome banner. You are looking straight across from one balcony to the other, toward the back of the hall. You can see how packed it was.

Very cool!

I posted this on another thread, but this was from Ron's facebook page:

http://t.co/jN5Qm32K

Oddone
09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
Wait! So this isn't the event at Webster Hall huh? Man New York is really swaying Rons way!

TexMac
09-27-2011, 09:08 AM
Much better!

sailingaway
09-27-2011, 09:09 AM
It was Webster Hall, but they had initially booked the Marlin Room, a big club room. Then they got the response, and booked the Grand Ballroom which has been played by Madonna etc. (I'm sure there's a better entertainer example, but that one stuck in my mind)

What is amazing is they decided to make the switch from a room that takes 500 to a room that takes 1800 just 17 hours before the event -- yet it sold out.

freejack
09-27-2011, 09:11 AM
See that guy holding the RP sign in the front? My wife was sitting down right behind it. The place was so packed she got a mini-panic attack from claustrophobia and had to sit down.

Aside from that it was awesome! Met one of the guys from the official campaign. I asked him if the campaign will be promoting the BTO moneybomb and he said definitely yes! They seem to be really excited about the moneybomb.

TexMac
09-27-2011, 09:16 AM
See that guy holding the RP sign in the front? My wife was sitting down right behind it. The place was so packed she got a mini-panic attack from claustrophobia and had to sit down.

Aside from that it was awesome! Met one of the guys from the official campaign. I asked him if the campaign will be promoting the BTO moneybomb and he said definitely yes! They seem to be really excited about the moneybomb.We started out on the main floor, but it was so crowded that we moved up to the balcony. Remember when RP came out on the balcony? We were pretty much right next to him.

freejack
09-27-2011, 09:22 AM
We started out on the main floor, but it was so crowded that we moved up to the balcony. Remember when RP came out on the balcony? We were pretty much right next to him.

That must've been nice. Did you get to shake his hand?

TexMac
09-27-2011, 09:23 AM
That must've been nice. Did you get to shake his hand?Not at Webster hall, but we shook his hand at the Daily Show sign wave. He looked great! I don't know how he does it. I wish I had his energy.

ronpaulhawaii
09-27-2011, 09:27 AM
cool, how much money did they raise?

Estimate:
1862 * $20 = $37,240.
- rental.
------------------
$30k - ish?

- expenses, group discounts, comped tickets, large "guest lists"... I have no idea what the final numbers are. The only thing I was concerned with was packing the house, getting good press, and managing the stage... The last minute change of venue was a bear... The people who came early and stayed late to help with the load in/out are friggin heroes. Heavy gear and no elevator... Roadies in suits - lol.

TexMac
09-27-2011, 09:44 AM
I thought Halloran and Schiff did great. Karen Kwiatkowski needs a speech coach. Or a few drinks. Or something.

EWM
09-27-2011, 09:49 AM
I thought Halloran and Schiff did great. Karen Kwiatkowski needs a speech coach. Or a few drinks. Or something.

There was too much drinking going on. Not sure why the guys couldn't wait til after speaking.

TexMac
09-27-2011, 09:51 AM
"Too much" is subjective. They did a great job, IMO.

TexMac
09-27-2011, 09:55 AM
They were only "visibly intoxicated" in your mind. They looked fine to me. Fox News, NRO, CNN were all there - do you see any articles about drunk speakers? No. You're the only one saying this.

Chieppa1
09-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Was outside the Daily Show and at Webster.

Webster was nuts. Page was great with the tunes. Don't listen to anything anyone tells you, Peter Schiff was BOMBED. It was hilarious. Ron Paul was great. He cut Peter short since he wanted to get on stage (and Peter was too drunk).

EWM
09-27-2011, 09:57 AM
They were only "visibly intoxicated" in your mind. They looked fine to me. Fox News, NRO, CNN were all there - do you see any articles about drunk speakers? No. You're the only one saying this.

Really? Read the above post by Chieppa1

freejack
09-27-2011, 10:09 AM

Webster was nuts. Page was great with the tunes. Don't listen to anything anyone tells you, Peter Schiff was BOMBED. It was hilarious. Ron Paul was great. He cut Peter short since he wanted to get on stage (and Peter was too drunk).

Sorry but I have to agree with this. My wife and I both noticed right away that Peter Schiff was heavily buzzed if not drunk. He still spoke with clarity but he seemed much 'jollier' than usual.

sailingaway
09-27-2011, 10:13 AM
let's not derail the thread about Ron's spectacular, grassroots produced event with one person's being drunk at a club, at night, ok?

sophomore
09-27-2011, 10:42 AM
Anyone have pictures from the event earlier that evening at the ULC? There was a lot of 1-1 time with Paul and Schiff.
Better Q: Is there an official Flickr account? I was told pictures from the ULC event were being posted there. The only thing I found was (http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=ron+Paul&f=hp) but the photos seem to be circa 2008

ZanZibar
09-27-2011, 12:13 PM
Webster was nuts. Page was great with the tunes. Don't listen to anything anyone tells you, Peter Schiff was BOMBED. It was hilarious. Ron Paul was great. He cut Peter short since he wanted to get on stage (and Peter was too drunk).FRIGGIN HILARIOUS!

Just like CPAC I guess heh.

trey4sports
09-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Peter is the shit. I'd watch his drunken rants all day long on CSPAN if I could.

AlexMerced
09-27-2011, 12:43 PM
that was a dman good time, I' was off to the left at the live bloggers/press table

AlexMerced
09-27-2011, 12:44 PM

Peter Schiff was hilarious, he could barley walk on the state and he had that drink in his hand he keps sipping on but he still talked a might good game... they should of let schiff go on a little longer he was extra entertaining with a few drinks in him.

Note: Schiff only spoke fo rlike 10 minutes, he showed up late so Dan Halloran ended up using most of the time scheduled for peter and Jordgan page played earlier (he was originally supposed to play right before Ron came out)

Tarzan
09-27-2011, 12:56 PM
The place only holds 1,900... heck, in Texas we call that the foyer. :)

Kuddos to everyone who attended... and to those who got out the last minute call and got the place packed to capacity.

AlexAmore
09-27-2011, 01:02 PM
Peter is the shit. I'd watch his drunken rants all day long on CSPAN if I could.

Hell I would too.

"Drunken Rants by Peter Schiff"
CD1
Track 1: Gold is the shit
Track 2: Fuck Bankers

libertybrewcity
09-27-2011, 02:29 PM
Hell I would too.

"Drunken Rants by Peter Schiff"
CD1
Track 1: Gold is the shit
Track 2: Fuck Bankers

LOL! I would too.

He would be a great addition to the "Drunken History" series and the youtube guy DrinkingWithBob.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMAkW6QeEA8&feature=channel_video_title