PDA

View Full Version : Chased home: Racist Mob Attacks Philly man in his house

bobbyw24
09-27-2011, 06:30 AM
ABOUT 11 P.M. on Sept. 9, dozens of youths with bats and pipes descended on a tidy residential area of Port Richmond looking for white teens who allegedly had attacked an African-American kid at Stokely Playground a couple of hours earlier.

Two fearful white teens spotted Mark LaVelle on Indiana Avenue near Belgrade Street and asked for help. Suddenly, the mob appeared. LaVelle, who said that he didn't know the two kids, who looked to be 13 or 14, ran with them into his nearby house.

" 'We got you, you white mother-------!' " LaVelle said he heard someone yell in the "mob" of black and Hispanic youths.

http://media.philly.com/images/300*262/mark_lavelle_600.jpg

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110927_Chased_home__Mob_attacks_man_in_his_house .html?cmpid=124488459

Bern
09-27-2011, 06:39 AM
So sad.

bobbyw24
09-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Betcha the D.A. will not think it a "Hate Crime"

aGameOfThrones
09-27-2011, 06:45 AM
Buy a gun. Next time you may not be so lucky.

LaVelle said that the next day the mother of the juvenile came back with some other people, banging on his door, screaming. LaVelle, who was at a charity sports event, was called back to the house by one of his sons.

When he got home, LaVelle said, the mother yelled at him, " 'You white mother------, you got my kid locked up! You got my son locked up because he's black, you're white!' " The mother claimed that her son had been "a witness," not an attacker. To that, LaVelle said if that were true, it would come out in court.

But the mother, according to LaVelle, then yelled: " 'If you make it to court! I know where you live!' "

bobbyw24
09-27-2011, 06:56 AM
“Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war and until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war."

Popularized by Bob Marley in the song War

Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia quotes

Seraphim
09-27-2011, 07:23 AM
LOL ...alienate and be violent towards the taxpayers paying for your welfare and food stamps. Animals.

As sad as it is, those mobs will starve once the tax base starts leaving and/or fights back. If they keep acting this way, they will deserve their own suffering/starvation.

Philhelm
09-27-2011, 07:26 AM
Wow. Stuff like this is why we can't have nice things.

bobbyw24
09-27-2011, 07:28 AM
Community Groups Take To South Street To Protest Philadelphia’s Crackdown On Flash Mobs

PHILADELPHIA (CBS) – Protestors took to South Street Saturday night to voice their displeasure with Philadelphia’s new curfew laws, calling them draconian, and attacks against Democracy.

The community walk against the curfew was designed to draw attention to what the event’s organizers called a war on the African Community, rejecting the claim that the violence of flash mobs is being caused by black youth.

Tommy Joshua, who identified himself as a concerned Philadelphian, likened the situation to martial law. “Can’t be a military solution to a youth problem. Only by joining hands can we change Philadelphia.”

Event organizers pointed to the amount of money that the city is pouring into having an extra police presence on weekends. A main speaker at the protest was independent mayoral candidate Diop Olugbala.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2011/08/21/community-groups-take-to-south-street-to-protest-philadelphias-crackdown-on-flash-mobs/

Danke
09-27-2011, 07:29 AM
" LaVelle said he heard someone yell in the "mob" of black and Hispanic youths."

It is nice to see the black and Hispanic youths coming together.

Sean
09-27-2011, 07:31 AM
I had something similar to this happen to me when I was 13. About 20 Mexican gang members including adults tried to attack my friend and I at his house. It all started apparently by us looking at one of them wrong. Only difference is we and the neighbors all came out armed. They never did come back to our street again.

bobbyw24
09-27-2011, 07:35 AM
I had something similar to this happen to me when I was 13. About 20 Mexican gang members including adults tried to attack my friend and I at his house. It all started apparently by us looking at one of them wrong. Only difference is we and the neighbors all came out armed. They never did come back to our street again.

That could interfere with their Constitutional right to form a Flash Mob--it's in the Const. right next to the right to an abortion

Cowlesy
09-27-2011, 07:44 AM
ABOUT 11 P.M. on Sept. 9, dozens of youths with bats and pipes descended on a tidy residential area of Port Richmond looking for white teens who allegedly had attacked an African-American kid at Stokely Playground a couple of hours earlier.

Two fearful white teens spotted Mark LaVelle on Indiana Avenue near Belgrade Street and asked for help. Suddenly, the mob appeared. LaVelle, who said that he didn't know the two kids, who looked to be 13 or 14, ran with them into his nearby house.

" 'We got you, you white mother-------!' " LaVelle said he heard someone yell in the "mob" of black and Hispanic youths.

http://media.philly.com/images/300*262/mark_lavelle_600.jpg

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20110927_Chased_home__Mob_attacks_man_in_his_house .html?cmpid=124488459

It's sad that the guy who let the two kids come into his house to escape, is now threatened with death, not to mention he's got twin infant sons. How does this stuff happen in America.

KAYA
09-27-2011, 07:46 AM
“Until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned, everywhere is war and until there are no longer first-class and second-class citizens of any nation, until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance than the color of his eyes. And until the basic human rights are equally guaranteed to all without regard to race, there is war."

Popularized by Bob Marley in the song War

Haile Selassie I of Ethiopia quotes

Amen brutha! Unfortunately liberals are working very hard to make sure this never happens.

bobbyw24
09-27-2011, 07:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSC2_1FPXPE&feature=player_embedded

libertybrewcity
09-27-2011, 08:42 AM
So let's say the guy was armed when the attackers came in the house. Would the guy be legally allowed to defend himself and shoot the attackers? If he killed one of the kids, would that be murder even though one of them had a gun?

aGameOfThrones
09-27-2011, 09:06 AM
So let's say the guy was armed when the attackers came in the house. Would the guy be legally allowed to defend himself and shoot the attackers? If he killed one of the kids, would that be murder even though one of them had a gun?

You know, DAs often think that. it's better to let the cops shot them, I guess.

BTW, self defense In my book.

Bern
09-27-2011, 09:14 AM
So let's say the guy was armed when the attackers came in the house. Would the guy be legally allowed to defend himself and shoot the attackers? ...

Yes - in Texas. Not sure what the law is in Pennsylvania (or Philly).

TheBlackPeterSchiff
09-27-2011, 09:38 AM
This is what happens when teen unemployment is at an all time high.

bobbyw24
09-27-2011, 09:51 AM

With the economy this bad, many seniors who would have otherwise retired are working these types of jobs in order to survive.

Brian4Liberty
09-27-2011, 10:26 AM

Yep. It's interesting how economics relate to other social issues.

bobbyw24
09-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Yep. It's interesting how economics relate to other social issues.

Yep--I just sent an email to a very pro-choice friend saying:

I agree-that Huff Post article I just sent you is great.

Without economic freedom, social freedoms are nearly meaningless

oyarde
09-27-2011, 10:45 AM
Sorry . Philly has serious problems and taxes . The voters need to be thinking about these things when they go to the polls .

Pericles
09-27-2011, 12:19 PM
That could interfere with their Constitutional right to form a Flash Mob--it's in the Const. right next to the right to an abortion

Thanks for saving me the time and effort of having to look that up:)

IBleedNavyAndOrange
09-27-2011, 12:56 PM
This is why every american should own firearms. Plural. Including at least 1 military style rifle. And multiple magazines that are prepared with quality ammunition.

And learn to shoot rapidly and accurately.

Practice!

Rael
09-27-2011, 04:31 PM
This is why every american should own firearms. Plural. Including at least 1 military style rifle. And multiple magazines that are prepared with quality ammunition.

Practice!

This

LibForestPaul
09-27-2011, 06:35 PM
Depends if we are in the jury or not I suppose?

Keith and stuff
09-28-2011, 01:42 AM
A sad situation indeed. However, why would that man live there? Seriously, doesn't he care enough about his family to move to a better area? Sad, really sad.

MJU1983
09-28-2011, 01:51 AM

In Missouri, yes. Castle Doctrine FTW.

MJU1983
09-28-2011, 01:54 AM
A sad situation indeed. However, why would that man live there? Seriously, doesn't he care enough about his family to move to a better area? Sad, really sad.

"dozens of youths with bats and pipes descended on a tidy residential area of Port Richmond"

I underlined important key words. :)

Bordillo
09-28-2011, 02:00 AM

I doubt these gang kids would be working at any jobs

bobbyw24
09-28-2011, 05:23 AM
http://carolmswain.agroupmail.com/wp-content/uploads/IMG_3940.jpg

Racial double standards have no place in America, especially when it comes to the classification of racial hate crimes and the identification and prosecution of its perpetrators. Since Memorial Day 2011, we have had increasing incidents of urban mobs composed of mostly black youth who have committed acts of violence against innocent bystanders who often happen to be white Americans.

http://www.carolmswain.net/2011/08/black-on-white-violence-is-there-a-racial-double-standard-for-hate-crimes/

Keith and stuff
09-28-2011, 06:50 PM
"dozens of youths with bats and pipes descended on a tidy residential area of Port Richmond"

I underlined important key words. :)

I don't understand what you are trying to say. The inner city of Philly is no place to raise a family. I am single and even I wouldn't move to a horrible place like that. Too bad people don't care more.

BlackTerrel
09-28-2011, 07:32 PM

Practice!

I am generally pro-gun ownership. But that is not the solution to everything.

In this case no one was seriously injured. If the homeowner pulled a gun and the other guy we know had a gun it is likely that a number of people would be dead now.

He said that he was able to push the attackers out the door, but then a third man - who had a gun - tried to extend his arm. LaVelle grabbed onto the gunman's lower arm and shoulder so he couldn't raise the weapon. Then, police sirens screamed in the neighborhood, and the mob turned and ran.

So in this case was it a good idea to call the cops?

RestoreTheRepublic
09-28-2011, 08:30 PM
I don't understand what you are trying to say. The inner city of Philly is no place to raise a family. I am single and even I wouldn't move to a horrible place like that. Too bad people don't care more.

As a resident of Philly, I have to point out that there are many family friendly areas of the city that are great spots to raise a family. If you are singling out just the inner city, then yes, I agree. Philly's impoverished areas are very dangerous.

Keith and stuff
10-01-2011, 04:50 AM
As a resident of Philly, I have to point out that there are many family friendly areas of the city that are great spots to raise a family. If you are singling out just the inner city, then yes, I agree. Philly's impoverished areas are very dangerous.

Maybe they have a park or are somewhat safe but I don't consider them decent places to raise a family. Not with the pollution, the traffic, the crime, the schools, the police, the taxes, the regulations and so on. Of course, do what you think is best but from a liberty or even regular person perspective, Philly is not a good place to raise a family.

Here is what regular people think of PA for raising a family, the 20th best state, http://datacenter.kidscount.org/data/acrossstates/Rankings.aspx?ind=137
Here is the PA profile, http://datacenter.kidscount.org/Databook/2009/OnlineBooks/StateProfiles/AEC189%20profile_Pennsylvania.pdf

This source claims Philly is the 4th worst city to raise a family in the US, http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/24713234/ns/today-today_101/t/best-places-raise-family/#.Tobu4uyl43B

Child poverty in Philly in 2010 was over 36%, http://www.pccy.org/userfiles/file/PressReleases/PCCY-PR-ChildDeepPoverty.pdf

Imaginos
10-01-2011, 06:21 AM
America deserves 'reversed racism'.
When it approved the Affirmative Action, it sealed its fate to be a gutter toilet.
Democracy is like 6 wolves and 1 rabit coducting vote to decide who should be eaten for lunch.
Democracy is a robbery and theft against all the productive, hard working, law abiding, self-respecting, noble, aristocratic, high-ideal, and the superior people in general.
Non-productive, low class, and animal minded people who have nothing to do other than indulging in sensual pleasures (drinking, sex, and ect.) and pop up babies (which they cannot afford) like non-stop.
I fear the future of this world.
I really do.
As my hero Nietzsche said Democracy is the most severe blow to humanity.
What this country (and many other so called 'humanitarian Democratic' countries) has became is a gutter toilet hellhole running by the mob rules of animals who are even lower than some animals (IMHO) and calling it as a wonderful society.
Founding fathers did not aim for Democrarcy because they knew what'd happen.

playboymommy
10-01-2011, 06:30 AM

Corbett passed the castle doctrine in PA, overturning what Rendell did. So, yeah, in PA he has the right to defend himself.

BlackTerrel
10-01-2011, 11:10 AM
When it approved the Affirmative Action, it sealed its fate to be a gutter toilet.
Democracy is like 6 wolves and 1 rabit coducting vote to decide who should be eaten for lunch.
Democracy is a robbery and theft against all the productive, hard working, law abiding, self-respecting, noble, aristocratic, high-ideal, and the superior people in general.
Non-productive, low class, and animal minded people who have nothing to do other than indulging in sensual pleasures (drinking, sex, and ect.) and pop up babies (which they cannot afford) like non-stop.
I fear the future of this world.
I really do.
As my hero Nietzsche said Democracy is the most severe blow to humanity.
What this country (and many other so called 'humanitarian Democratic' countries) has became is a gutter toilet hellhole running by the mob rules of animals who are even lower than some animals (IMHO) and calling it as a wonderful society.
Founding fathers did not aim for Democrarcy because they knew what'd happen.

This has nothing to do with affirmative action. It's stupid people acting stupid.

Pericles
10-01-2011, 03:03 PM
This has nothing to do with affirmative action. It's stupid people acting stupid.

That ^ I have never had a guy of any race wearing a double breasted suit threaten to beat the sh!t out of me. They always hire lawyers to try to get the courts to do that for them.

juleswin
10-01-2011, 04:09 PM
I doubt these gang kids would be working at any jobs

Agreed, especially when u can make much more money selling drugs. Legalize all drugs along with fixing unemployment.

ihsv
10-01-2011, 05:11 PM
The solution to his problem:

http://www.riflegear.com/blogimages/KittyRifle.jpg

Keith and stuff
10-02-2011, 10:54 PM

NH banned state and local government affirmative action where I live. If it isn't banned where you are, you can change the law where you live. Otherwise, you are welcome here. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?283658-NH-House-passes-bill-which-would-end-affirmative-action

It looks like you might be in CA. I thought it was banned there?