PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on a postage stamp!

Article V
09-27-2011, 05:31 AM
The USPS will now feature living persons on postage stamps. They are having the public vote for the top 5 people who should be featured on a stamp.

Since we win every online poll, let's win this one! It's free media if we win and great marketing for our campaign.

The voting is being done via Facebook and Twitter.

Please re-tweet the original (http://twitter.com/#!/JeffreySimno) to maximize the grassroots Ron Paul stamp campaign!

RT @JeffreySimno @USPSstamps Use the passion of the Ron Paul r3VOLution to save the USPS. Feature @RonPaul on a stamp! #r3VOLutionstamps

If you don't have Twitter, you can write in your own vote on the USPS Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/USPSStamps

Austrian Econ Disciple
09-27-2011, 05:36 AM
This is like having Andrew Jackson on a Federal Reserve Note. ._.

neverseen
09-27-2011, 05:39 AM
Have links?

Sola_Fide
09-27-2011, 05:42 AM
This is like having Andrew Jackson on a Federal Reserve Note. ._.

My thoughts also.

neverseen
09-27-2011, 05:48 AM
Is there something wrong with andy jax's on a note?

Article V
09-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Have links?

Is there something wrong with andy jax's on a note?I posted the link in the OP.

Andy Jax hated the central bank of the US and made it the mission of his Presidency to destroy it. On his death bed, they asked him what was the accomplishment he was most proud of; he replied, "I killed the bank!" then died. So having Jax on a Federal Reserve note is particularly ironic.

All that said, we shouldn't let this free marketing opportunity pass the r3VOLution. The USPS is making the decision via a popular vote on Twitter. We can win. Ron Paul could be one of the original persons in the living person stamp series. That's historic by any standard.

refuge
09-27-2011, 05:52 AM
Is there something wrong with andy jax's on a note?
Just the fact that it would make him roll over in his grave.

"I killed the bank!"

Article V
09-27-2011, 06:06 AM
Right now, Sarah Palin is one of the frontrunners to be featured on a stamp. Seriously, folks, we need to get Ron Paul the win!

bobbyw24
09-27-2011, 06:07 AM
Post Office seeks living images for new stamps

Hoping to boost sagging revenue, the U.S. Postal Service abandoned on Monday its long-standing rule that stamps cannot feature people who are still alive and is asking the public for suggestions.

It's a first that means living sports stars, writers, artists and other prominent — or not-so-prominent — people could take their places in postal history next to the likes of George Washington, the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Marilyn Monroe.

"This change will enable us to pay tribute to individuals for their achievements while they are still alive to enjoy the honor," said Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/national/article_23a1aaea-6933-517d-ad39-709f90de8e96.html#ixzz1Z9bsAFxA

BuddyRey
09-27-2011, 06:09 AM
I'm amazed the USPS has never put Lysander Spooner on a stamp. After all, it was his competition with them during the late 19th century that forced them to lower the price of a stamp and get more efficient. If not for him, this failure we're seeing of the Postal "service" and its threats to only deliver mail four or five days a week might have started decades sooner.

Article V
09-27-2011, 06:10 AM
I'm amazed the USPS has never put Lysander Spooner on a stamp. After all, it was his competition with them during the late 19th century that forced them to lower the price of a stamp and get more efficient. If not for him, this failure we're seeing of the Postal "service" and its threats to only deliver mail four or five days a week might have started decades sooner.They're probably trying to erase the memory of Spooner from American history.

BuddyRey
09-27-2011, 06:11 AM
They're probably trying to erase the memory of Spooner from American history.

Sadly, they're succeeding. :(

BuddyRey
09-27-2011, 06:30 AM
Didn't mean to hijack the thread though. I love this idea! Does anyone know where we go to vote?

gerryb
09-27-2011, 06:32 AM
Didn't mean to hijack the thread though. I love this idea! Does anyone know where we go to vote?

You vote on twitter by retweeting, as I understand it from the OP

PastaRocket848
09-27-2011, 06:35 AM
why would that be in contradiction with free markets? isn't USPS a private enterprise to some degree? i know they operate their own budget and regulate themselves.

sirgonzo420
09-27-2011, 06:58 AM
You know the "Statue of Liberty" on current postage stamps?

Well, it's actually the "Statue of Liberty" replica in Las Vegas.

lol

Article V
09-27-2011, 06:59 AM
You vote on twitter by retweeting, as I understand it from the OPYes, that's correct.

Article V
09-27-2011, 07:00 AM
Fox News keeps promoting the Palin postage stamp. We must beat Palin!

evadmurd
09-27-2011, 07:02 AM
When I heard this the other day, I thought about a Ron Paul stamp as well.

IndianaPolitico
09-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Bump!

Tarzan
09-27-2011, 10:35 AM
They're probably trying to erase the memory of Spooner from American history.

Who???

Also, RP is about 5"10"... he would never fit on a normal size stamp.
;)

BuddyRey
09-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Bump!