PDA

View Full Version : New idea to get more air time on debate

AlexAmore
06-14-2007, 08:20 AM
The next CNN debate is going to allow people to upload video-taped questions for the candidates from ordinary citizens.

There are 2 ideas that may help Ron Paul get more air time.

#1. We get a bunch of Ron Paul supporters to upload videos of themselves asking a question of Ron Paul.

#2 We get a bunch of us to upload videos directly asking CNN to give fair time to our candidate (and/or all of the 2nd tier candidates) and expressing our grievance about the last debate. (Obviously these will not make it into the debate, but it might be an excellent way to get a message across to CNN)

Think about it. All of these videos WILL be watched by someone at CNN. If they see enough of these videos, they will get the point, and they will see that there are lots of RP supporters out there wanting fairness in the debate.

Thoughts?

angelatc
06-14-2007, 08:48 AM
As far as I know, only the Democrats are aligned for the CNN/Google debate format.

Also, I think it's only fair topoint out that for all that is evil with CNN, they were the only network that agreed to allow debate footage to basically fall into the public domain, by releasing it "for commentary, republishing, remixing, or other uses, without restriction."

rockfree33
06-14-2007, 08:48 AM
I think that's a great idea. Here's what I'm gonna say in my video:

To all the Presidential candidates: Right now the President has the power to wiretap my phone, put me on a terrorist watch list, and ship me off to gitmo without due process for the rest of my life while I'm being tortured. What will you do to limit your Presidential powers to ensure my Constitutional rights are being protected?

beermotor
06-14-2007, 08:50 AM
As far as I know, only the Democrats are aligned for the CNN/Google debate format.

Also, I think it's only fair topoint out that for all that is evil with CNN, they were the only network that agreed to allow debate footage to basically fall into the public domain, by releasing it "for commentary, republishing, remixing, or other uses, without restriction."

Laf, who cares? They cannot legally hold on to it anyway, because politics is a matter for public concern/comment. They basically just said "we realize we have no ability to sequester this under the doctrine of Fair Use so here you go." Gee, thanks for acknowledging my rights!

Edit: I don't mean to attack ya angelatc - just saying!

CJLauderdale4
06-14-2007, 09:04 AM
We should definitely do this, and hit the specific areas of Ron's message by using the most extreme examples, as Rockfree33 just did...

Dary
06-14-2007, 09:58 AM
rockfree33 -

I like the lead in to your question. My question would be...

"Will you be an actual participant in my torture, and if not, why not?"

Dary
06-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Congressman Paul, out of all of the other candidates running for president, which one would you prefer to be tortured by?

Dary
06-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Congressman Paul, giving the other candidates support for pre-emptive war, and supposing that one of them actually wins the general election, how much longer do you give Canada?

Congressman Paul, in looking at the other candidates, how is it that you cannot support Rudy Giuliani's position on abortion?

Congressman Paul, seeing as how theft is a direct violation of my civil rights and constitutes violent crime, and seeing as how the IRS is engaged in said theft; can you present any argument as to why I should not exercise my 2nd amendment rights?

CurtisLow
06-14-2007, 05:57 PM
Hmm.. I think it will be rigged. Questions from CNN staff most likely. I don't trust those SOB's

CJLauderdale4
06-14-2007, 06:01 PM
Congressman Paul, a warrantless surveillance operation conducted in your own office on Capitol Hill has uncovered an object on your desk that states: "Don't steal! The government hates competition." Can you elaborate on this?

Spirit of '76
06-14-2007, 06:14 PM
w00t!

I have the first video reply on CNN's youtube request for questions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5mDCDAkOlQ

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 06:24 PM
w00t!

I have the first video reply on CNN's youtube request for questions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5mDCDAkOlQ

Cool, but maybe you could cut the time in half? Perhaps they'll choose ones that are 2 minutes and under? Just a thought...

rockfree33
06-14-2007, 07:04 PM
I think 30 seconds is the limit.

Spirit of '76
06-14-2007, 07:12 PM
I wasn't asking a question. I was just letting them know how I feel.

Dary
06-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Congressman Paul, on MSNBC’s Tucker you recently referred to Rudy Giuliani as an "authoritarian". Would you care to explain to him the difference between an authoritarian and a bibliophile?

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 08:50 PM
I think he explained in the interview. An authoritarian is a person who wants to use force as a means to control the public.

authoritarian - Characterized by or favoring absolute obedience to authority, as against individual freedom: an authoritarian regime.

As a political system, authoritarianism is antidemocratic in that political power is concentrated in a leader or small elite not constitutionally responsible to those governed. It differs from totalitarianism in that authoritarian governments usually lack a guiding ideology, tolerate some pluralism in social organization, lack the power to mobilize the whole population in pursuit of national goals, and exercise their power within relatively predictable limits. See also absolutism, dictatorship.

http://www.britannica.com/ebc/article-9356184

Dary
06-14-2007, 08:58 PM
I think he explained in the interview. An authoritarian is a person who wants to use force as a means to control the public.

authoritarian - Characterized by or favoring absolute obedience to authority, as against individual freedom: an authoritarian regime.

As a political system, authoritarianism is antidemocratic in that political power is concentrated in a leader or small elite not constitutionally responsible to those governed. It differs from totalitarianism in that authoritarian governments usually lack a guiding ideology, tolerate some pluralism in social organization, lack the power to mobilize the whole population in pursuit of national goals, and exercise their power within relatively predictable limits. See also absolutism, dictatorship.

http://www.britannica.com/ebc/article-9356184

Now what is a bibliophile?

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 08:59 PM
A person who loves to read books. Google these words, I'm sure they'll clarify the meanings for you.

Dary
06-14-2007, 09:01 PM
A person who loves to read books. Google these words, I'm sure they'll clarify the meanings for you.

And that's the joke.

Iceblade
06-14-2007, 09:01 PM
What is an authoritarian?

Rudy Ghouliani

Now what is a bibliophile?

Ron Paul

angrydragon
06-14-2007, 09:08 PM
If only Ron could see this, hehe.

Dary
06-14-2007, 09:12 PM
I know what the words mean.

It’s a joke.

Giuliani thinks that an authoritarian is someone who likes to read books (which Giuliani is obviously not so good at).

Author…. Book…..

Get it?

It’s not so funny when you have to explain it.

daniel
06-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I think that's a great idea. Here's what I'm gonna say in my video:

To all the Presidential candidates: Right now the President has the power to wiretap my phone, put me on a terrorist watch list, and ship me off to gitmo without due process for the rest of my life while I'm being tortured. What will you do to limit your Presidential powers to ensure my Constitutional rights are being protected?

I'll bet a poll would say 90% didn't know that !

Dary
06-14-2007, 09:41 PM
Let me try again...

Congressman Paul, Wolf Blitzer insinuated that you had claimed that the U.S. government was behind the 9/11 attacks. Given your choice, would you beat him with a stick or with your bare hands?

Dary
06-14-2007, 10:11 PM
Congressman Paul, if 3 terrorists left Fallujah headed toward Tikret at 30mph, and 4 insurgents left Tikrit headed for Fallujah at 35mph, how long would it take for 1 libertarian in the United States to actuallly give a shit?

Dary
06-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Is this mic on...?

daniel
06-14-2007, 10:46 PM
I can see a WAR on Fallujah-Tikret in the works now !
we have to stop this before it really happens !
a new bill ? make people ware there seat belt !
make people stop watching the news to lower blood pressure !

Dary
06-15-2007, 05:50 AM
Congressman Paul, in the last Presidential debate fellow candidate Pastor Huckabee stated that "In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth". My question to you sir is..., what took you so long?

Dary
06-15-2007, 06:24 AM
Congressman Paul, do you believe that there is an Albanian conspiracy to steal Wolf Blitzer’s watch?

rep111
06-15-2007, 08:41 AM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/656126/is_google_censoring_ron_paul/