PDA

View Full Version : One thing we can agree.....this is anyone's race

CTRattlesnake
09-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Well...with the exception of Bachmann, Santorum, Huntsman and the other no-names.

The media is now downplaying Perry almost as hard as they propped him up. To be honest, I didn't notice Perry fall that bad, but since the media started saying it, everyone began believing it, and thats all you hear now. Romney is the candidate no republican wants to vote for, but remains steady around 20%. Cain and Gingrich seem to be looking to capitalize on Perry's impending downfall and become the 'conservative' frontrunner.

So where does Dr. Paul fit in? A fluid race opens peoples minds up more which certainly benefits us. Our fundraising efforts, I truly believe, will make a huge difference. This race is so open right now, if we can fund Dr. Paul to a solid 2nd place and get rid of the media taboo, his ideas and principles will destroy any other candidate.

willwash
09-26-2011, 07:48 PM
Ron needs to start courting Michelle for an endorsement. I think that's our greatest hope.

pulp8721
09-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Ron needs to start courting Michelle for an endorsement. I think that's our greatest hope.

She says she'll stay in until the Iowa caucus. We'd be better getting an endorsement from Sarah Palin. Unfortunately we have to wait another month at least for her answer if she's running.

orenbus
09-26-2011, 07:51 PM
We need to concentrate on Polling numbers in IA and NH, if we can get his numbers up to 2nd place in both those states and the media begins to seriously report a trend then the rest of the nation will follow.

CTRattlesnake
09-26-2011, 07:52 PM
She says she'll stay in until the Iowa caucus. We'd be better getting an endorsement from Sarah Palin. Unfortunately we have to wait another month at least for her answer if she's running.

I really doubt Palin would choose to endorse Paul out of all the candidates, nor would most Paul supporters want her backing us.

willwash
09-26-2011, 07:55 PM
I really doubt Palin would choose to endorse Paul out of all the candidates, nor would most Paul supporters want her backing us.

Why not? She endorsed Rand over Trey Greyson.

And I think Bachmann is closer to seeing the light than most are willing to admit. Her campaign is broke, her 15 minutes of fame from the first debate and Ames are over, and Perry just swallowed her whole. The only way she can influence the race at this point is with her endorsement. A Bachmann endorsement for Paul BEFORE the IA caucus would be HUGE...Game-changing huge.

bb_dg
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
nor would most Paul supporters want her backing us.

That is way too arrogant! When someone with a lot of influence realizes truth of the message, their endorsement should be welcomed. We are not leading in the polls, we do not want Palin to be endorsing anyone else, this revolution is not easy in the way that we can just turn people away who want to support us. This kind of arrogance is detrimental to the movement.

KingNothing
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
To be honest, I didn't notice Perry fall that bad, but since the media started saying it, everyone began believing it, and thats all you hear now.

All that matters is the narrative. Paul's attack-piece on Perry opened up the possibility for a narrative shift regarding Perry. The other candidates pounced, as they surely would. And once the media began to smell blood, they circled. When Perry faltered further they pounced, as they surely would. Perry was not smart enough to deflect, as Romney has done.

We'll have a much harder time knocking Mitt off.

kojirodensetsu
09-26-2011, 08:06 PM
I think Ron Paul's numbers will go up when Bachman leaves. Hope she leaves soon.

mit26chell
09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
To be honest I would much rather have Romney as president than Perry. I choose Paul - but if I had to choose between Romney and Perry, I would choose Romney.

Perry just scares the hell out of me - way too aggressive for my liking.

CTRattlesnake
09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
That is way too arrogant! When someone with a lot of influence realizes truth of the message, their endorsement should be welcomed. We are not leading in the polls, we do not want Palin to be endorsing anyone else, this revolution is not easy in the way that we can just turn people away who want to support us. This kind of arrogance is detrimental to the movement.

It may help in the primary, but carrying Palin's nomination into the general election does us no good. Again, if she did support us, I think most people would be reluctant yet grateful. Regardless, I think she's much closer to Gingrich or Perry than Paul on many issues, so her nomination is unlikely

mit26chell
09-26-2011, 08:09 PM
I would have to assume that Bachmann will endorse Paul when she drops out. There's no other candidate she could endorse if she plans on continuing her phony Tea Party image any longer.

mit26chell
09-26-2011, 08:11 PM
I think she's much closer to Gingrich or Perry than Paul on many issues, so her nomination is unlikely

Naw. Have you not seen her recent columns where she speaks about crony capitalism / corporatism? She is definitely closer to Paul at heart.
I think she'll end up doing the right thing and endorsing Paul.
There was absolutely no reason for her to go out of her way to tell Hannity and his audience that, 'depending on what polls you look at, Ron Paul is polling 2nd.'

JamesButabi
09-26-2011, 08:16 PM
I would have to assume that Bachmann will endorse Paul when she drops out. There's no other candidate she could endorse if she plans on continuing her phony Tea Party image any longer.

Newt got an endorsement from a Tea Party leader today. Tea Party no longer means anything.

KingNothing
09-26-2011, 08:16 PM
To be honest I would much rather have Romney as president than Perry. I choose Paul - but if I had to choose between Romney and Perry, I would choose Romney.

Perry just scares the hell out of me - way too aggressive for my liking.

Perry is a complete moron. Romney is sharp, carries himself like a president should, and can give a speech and pay lipservice to financial prudence. He doesn't have a shred of integrity, but... you know... other than that, and his atrocious foreign policy what's not to like?

Tod
09-26-2011, 08:24 PM
It will be interesting to see how Cain develops in the coming month or so. I visited his web page yesterday and he's been careful not to go out on any limbs, it appears. Did find interesting articles that illustrate his (lack of) foreign policy knowledge.

http://www.humblelibertarian.com/2011/05/herman-cains-foreign-policy.html

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2011/06/10/herman-cain-foreign-policy-ignoramus-at-large/