PDA

View Full Version : RP to sell V.V.S. Tix!

Matt Collins
09-26-2011, 07:24 PM
HERE IS WHERE TO BUY TICKETS:
http://www.ronpaul2012.com/rsvp-value-voters-summit-and-straw-poll-washington-dc/

Critical Straw Poll!

There’s not much time, so I’m not going to beat around the bush.

Next Friday, October 7 and Saturday, October 8 is the Values Voters Summit and Straw Poll in Washington, D.C.

It is absolutely CRITICAL that I have a strong showing.

So will you agree to come out and vote for me at the Values Voters Straw Poll?

I hope I can count on you to be there.

The truth is, this race for the Presidency is wide open.

So the national media and many rank-and-file Republican voters are keeping a keen eye on what happens in these straw polls.

And there’s these folks view the Values Voters Straw Poll as one of the most important in the country.

After all, it’s no secret to anyone the impact that Christian voters can have on a Presidential race.

So a strong finish at the Values Voters Straw Poll could give my campaign an enormous boost!

The good news is, I’m polling third nationally and either second or third in most key early-state primary polls.

And a recent article The Hill magazine all but predicted me to become one of two top-tier Republicans to duke it out for the nomination for President and take on President Obama.

But there’s more work to be done. And I MUST be able to count on the support of good folks like you.

So won’t you come out to the Values Voter Summit Straw Poll?

I’ve just instructed my staff to purchase tickets and offer them to supporters like you for only $10.

You can reserve your tickets here.
Voting begins Friday at noon and runs until 7 PM. It picks back up again at 7 AM on Saturday and runs to 1:00 PM afternoon.

I’ll be speaking to the crowd at 9:00 AM Saturday morning.

The event will be held at the Omni Shoreham Hotel in Washington, D.C. You can get directions by clicking here.

Of course, please remember, the attendees of the Voter Values Summit are looking for a principled candidate who can reach out to and win voters while representing our shared values.

That’s why I’m asking you to be please dress appropriately for the event and be respectful and civil to other attendees.

Understand that you will be viewed as a representative my campaign at this event.

But also remember that a strong showing at the Straw Poll will send a message to the country that I am the true constitutional conservative candidate!

So please join me in Washington, DC, for the Voter Values Summit.

I look forward to seeing you there!

For Liberty,

Ron Paul

P.S. The Values Voters Summit Straw Poll next week is absolutely critical. It begins Friday, October 7 and runs through Sunday, October 9.

Voting occurs Friday afternoon and Saturday morning.

Can I please count on you to be there? Tickets are only $10. It’s absolutely critical we have a strong showing!

Paid for by Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee (http://www.ronpaul2012.com/#_blank)
www.ronpaul2012.com
(http://www.ronpaul2012.com)

Gage
09-26-2011, 07:25 PM
Would've helped to do this before all of us rushed to pay $100 or $50 before their "deadline" on September 20.

Aratus
09-26-2011, 07:29 PM
was this a last minute purchase in light of orlando and mackinac to maximize the number of V V Summit goes who can vote?

neverseen
09-26-2011, 07:30 PM
Contacting my family in DE. they may drive down if the tickets are affordable enough.

Nirvikalpa
09-26-2011, 08:03 PM
Oh, that's awesome, but really not because a handful of us already bought tickets at the full price...

rp08orbust
09-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Would've helped to do this before all of us rushed to pay $100 or $50 before their "deadline" on September 20.

Why? Paying your own way is equivalent to a donation to the campaign (even better, actually, because there are no transaction and bookkeeping costs). Why would you regret donating to the campaign?

Gage
09-26-2011, 08:16 PM
Why? Paying your own way is equivalent to a donation to the campaign (even better, actually, because there are no transaction and bookkeeping costs). Why would you regret donating to the campaign?
Not when they already bought the tickets in bulk. They aren't buying them as people request them.

MelissaWV
09-26-2011, 08:25 PM

It's actually not donating to the campaign.

It's donating $99 to the organizers of the Summit, and most of the values at this summit don't really line up with most of us. If the tickets go out at, say, $50 for a full ticket now, that means $49 of my money did not go to the campaign or RevPAC. Additionally, the campaign will have sprung for a ticket I will not buy. Hopefully someone buys it, but if they don't, that's more money wasted.

Oops.

rp08orbust
09-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Not when they already bought the tickets in bulk. They aren't buying them as people request them.

The last I heard they were talking about a mixture of pre-purchased tickets for committed conference goers and tickets purchased on the day of the straw poll for Ron Paul supporters as they show up. You have saved the campaign a ticket purchase either way.

rp08orbust
09-26-2011, 08:28 PM
It's actually not donating to the campaign.

It's donating $99 to the organizers of the Summit, and most of the values at this summit don't really line up with most of us. If the tickets go out at, say, $50 for a full ticket now, that means $49 of my money did not go to the campaign or RevPAC. Additionally, the campaign will have sprung for a ticket I will not buy. Hopefully someone buys it, but if they don't, that's more money wasted.

Oops.

See my last post.

Your assumption that the campaign has gotten tickets at half-price is false.

MelissaWV
09-26-2011, 08:33 PM
See my last post.

Your assumption that the campaign has gotten tickets at half-price is false.

I don't think you follow my point...

I picked a half-off price (that the campaign would offer to me) as a random example. The difference is what I would not have donated to VVS, and would have instead donated to get people there or to RevPAC. Whether that difference is $1 or $98 is irrelevant. The campaign has also already bought a pool of tickets. I will not be buying from that pool. Neither will a bunch of people who already got tickets (sometimes via some incredible economic gymnastics). If that pool is not used up, that is money wasted and being donated to VVS by the campaign.

I don't think that's too complicated to see, but it is what it is. As the VVS site says, "no refunds."

rp08orbust
09-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I don't think you follow my point...

I picked a half-off price (that the campaign would offer to me) as a random example. The difference is what I would not have donated to VVS, and would have instead donated to get people there or to RevPAC. Whether that difference is $1 or $98 is irrelevant. The campaign has also already bought a pool of tickets. I will not be buying from that pool. Neither will a bunch of people who already got tickets (sometimes via some incredible economic gymnastics). If that pool is not used up, that is money wasted and being donated to VVS by the campaign.

I don't think that's too complicated to see, but it is what it is. As the VVS site says, "no refunds."

You've missed my point to Gage. The pre-purchased pool of tickets will be used up, and when it is, tickets will be bought on-site on Saturday for any more Ron Paul supporters that request tickets (at least that's what I heard was being discussed last week, which was hopefully decided upon).

You're also assuming there is a difference between what you paid for your ticket and what the campaign would have paid for yours--I don't think there is one.

Matt Collins
09-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Bump for critical updates in first post.

ItsTime
09-28-2011, 09:17 AM
Does anyone need Black This Out cards to hand out? I just received a shipment of 5000 today. I can sell them to you at cost or if you are hard up for money I will send some for free.

PM so I can get these out ASAP.

V3n
09-28-2011, 09:27 AM
This is really important! We all saw the bump Cain got after winning the Florida poll - we can't let him win again!
We all know they won't give Ron Paul the same coverage if he does win, but we certainly can't afford to let coverage go to someone else.

Umbro2914
09-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Its great that the campaign is doing this. Now I'm going.

Tim724
09-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I bought a discounted ticket through the campaign and will be driving down from Baltimore. I have two logistical questions:

1. Does anyone know how we will get our ticket that we purchased through the campaign? - there doesn't seem to be any info about that. Will there be a Ron Paul person at the door to distribute tickets in a Will Call fashion?

2. Does it make sense to bring a lawn sign to help show support? (hold up during his speech, etc)

Also, the campaign did make a point to ask us to dress well, act civil, and leave a good impression. I think that is important and I will make sure to wear slacks/dress shirt/tie.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
09-28-2011, 12:12 PM
I wish this would been announced a few weeks ago. It would have saved some major headaches and expenditures by some folks but oh well... I hope everyone who can go does so.

thehighwaymanq
09-28-2011, 12:53 PM
BUMP. Time to do what we did at CPAC

Umbro2914
09-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I wish this would been announced a few weeks ago. It would have saved some major headaches and expenditures by some folks but oh well... I hope everyone who can go does so.
i feel that this only occured because VVS summit did not sell out, or perhaps they sold very few tickets? why else would they extend their deadline? maybe they gave the campaign a good price.?

RonPaul101.com
09-28-2011, 02:25 PM
i feel that this only occured because VVS summit did not sell out, or perhaps they sold very few tickets? why else would they extend their deadline? maybe they gave the campaign a good price.?

I can't imagine a summit/conference ever sells out. This internal process only got started on 9/21, so good work on the campaign for making it happen quickly. It was either last minute or never.

Aratus
09-28-2011, 05:26 PM
bump

V3n
09-28-2011, 06:53 PM
blimp

Mike4Freedom
09-28-2011, 07:31 PM
I bought a discounted ticket through the campaign and will be driving down from Baltimore. I have two logistical questions:

1. Does anyone know how we will get our ticket that we purchased through the campaign? - there doesn't seem to be any info about that. Will there be a Ron Paul person at the door to distribute tickets in a Will Call fashion?

2. Does it make sense to bring a lawn sign to help show support? (hold up during his speech, etc)

Also, the campaign did make a point to ask us to dress well, act civil, and leave a good impression. I think that is important and I will make sure to wear slacks/dress shirt/tie.

Can anyone answer this for me. I bought one through the campaign as well and have no info, do we just pick it up there?

dustinp
09-28-2011, 07:40 PM
^ same question. bought mine on the campaign site, when/how do we get it? Thanks :)

Umbro2914
09-28-2011, 08:06 PM
Someone posted this on Daily Paul

So I just got off the phone with Rachal (who's contact info was given if you had questions) and she said they'd be sending out emails and calling people who oredered with more information, but that there will be a booth set up to act as a will call, and we'll be able to pick up our tickets at the event. Hope this helps.
Hope that clears stuff up

dustinp
09-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Someone posted this on Daily Paul

Hope that clears stuff up

Awesome. Thanks :)

idiom
09-28-2011, 11:54 PM
Lets sell out the subsidized tickets!

V3n
09-29-2011, 05:48 AM
good morning Value Voters! :D

ZanZibar
09-29-2011, 05:22 PM
BUMP. Time to do what we did at CPACHopefully our supporters will behave better at VVS than they did at CPAC. No booing, heckling, yelling out, etc. It doesn't do us any good to win the straw poll if everyone there holds contempt for us.

Mike4Freedom
09-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Hopefully our supporters will behave better at VVS than they did at CPAC. No booing, heckling, yelling out, etc. It doesn't do us any good to win the straw poll if everyone there holds contempt for us.

Agreed 100%. When another candidate speaks that is not Ron Paul, dont make any sound at all, give them crickets.

V3n
09-29-2011, 07:32 PM
Hopefully our supporters will behave better at VVS than they did at CPAC. No booing, heckling, yelling out, etc. It doesn't do us any good to win the straw poll if everyone there holds contempt for us.

I like this line:

Of course, please remember, the attendees of the Voter Values Summit are looking for a principled candidate who can reach out to and win voters while representing our shared values.

That’s why I’m asking you to be please dress appropriately for the event and be respectful and civil to other attendees.

Understand that you will be viewed as a representative my campaign at this event.

RonPaul101.com
09-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Especially important to be on best behavior when Mitt Romney comes up to speak. If you are a staunch Romney hater the best method of disapproval would be to not be in the hall when he speaks. Leave quietly and respectfully, and the emptier hall will be your display of disapproval.

No booing or calling out, even if folks are deplorable enough to do that to Dr Paul during his speech.

V3n
10-01-2011, 10:30 AM
Tickets still available!!

thehighwaymanq
10-01-2011, 10:34 AM
Tickets still available!!

Do you know how many are left?

V3n
10-01-2011, 10:42 AM
I have no idea.. I just know I went to the page and it was going to allow me to purchase one, but I can't go. :(

So there's at least one! :)

thehighwaymanq
10-01-2011, 02:59 PM
Look at the scheldule:

http://www.valuesvotersummit.org/schedule

Lots of things going on that I do not support whatsoever.

-"Straight talk on gay marriage" Panel?
-"Why Christians should support Israel"
-"Divorcing God" / secularism

thehighwaymanq
10-01-2011, 05:20 PM
I wonder how many tickets the campaign has bought and sold.

2010 - Mike Pence (?) wins first place with 175 votes out of 732 votes. 2,000 people were in attendance, so again about 1/3 voted.

2009- Huckabee wins first place with 170 out of 597 votes. 1,850 people were in attendance, so about 1/3 voted.

2008- McCain already won the nomination so there was no poll.

2007- Huckabee wins with 488 out of 952 votes. 2,500 people were in attendance, so a little under 1/3 voted.

There were no straw polls before 2007.

*There is an online and mail-in poll which receives a lot more traffic than the actual on-site poll.

ZanZibar
10-01-2011, 05:43 PM
*There is an online and mail-in poll which receives a lot more traffic than the actual on-site poll.Source?

V3n
10-01-2011, 05:48 PM
I wonder why such the low voting percentage.. Does that mean more people are actually going for the message, than to make a political statement..?

I was also thinking - if they do exit polling, it might be better for everyone to just kind of bump up how 'religious' they are by a notch.. if they get numbers back that a bunch of folks who don't even believe in their 'values' were voting in their poll, that could ruffle some feathers and they'd try to discredit it that way..

thehighwaymanq
10-01-2011, 05:48 PM
http://articles.cnn.com/2007-10-20/politics/romney.values_1_straw-vote-straw-poll-voting-period?_s=PM:POLITICS

Far fewer people voted in person at the conference than participated online or by mail.

Huckabee was the clear winner of the in-person balloting, with 488 of the 952 votes. Romney was second with 99 on-site votes.

notsure
10-01-2011, 06:18 PM
1. Will we need to bring ID?
2. Is it cool to wear jeans and a dress shirt?

thehighwaymanq
10-01-2011, 06:23 PM
1. Will we need to bring ID?
2. Is it cool to wear jeans and a dress shirt?

1) Just to be safe, I would.
2) No. Wear a full suit.

IndianaPolitico
10-01-2011, 06:50 PM
I wonder how many tickets the campaign has bought and sold.

2010 - Mike Pence (?) wins first place with 175 votes out of 732 votes. 2,000 people were in attendance, so again about 1/3 voted.

2009- Huckabee wins first place with 170 out of 597 votes. 1,850 people were in attendance, so about 1/3 voted.

2008- McCain already won the nomination so there was no poll.

2007- Huckabee wins with 488 out of 952 votes. 2,500 people were in attendance, so a little under 1/3 voted.

There were no straw polls before 2007.

*There is an online and mail-in poll which receives a lot more traffic than the actual on-site poll.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=171176606267834
I think we can win this! The unofficial facebook event alone has 400 attendees.
What is this mail in poll? Can I participate?

RonPaul101.com
10-03-2011, 03:02 PM
The online and mail in votes only occurred in 2007 and then the conferenced stopped having it. The feeling is that Romney stole the vote via online voting, since Mike Huckabee got 50% of the in-person vote and yet still lost to Romney. They want this to be an indicator of a morally sound, pro-life candidate. (So, one can understand their disappointment with Mitt Romney winning without having participants at the conference.)

To me the term "pro-life" shouldn't just be an abortion issue, but also we should consider which candidate respects and values the lives of our brave soldiers. I don't want my tax dollars used for unnecessary deaths/murders (abortion or war). Stop using my hard earned money for killing; that's my main view of morality in a presidential candidate.

That is why I will be voting for Ron Paul.

RonPaul101.com
10-03-2011, 03:07 PM
2) No. Wear a full suit.

Exactly this.

Aratus
10-03-2011, 03:24 PM
^ 100% correct ^

zeegrim
10-05-2011, 11:03 PM
2) No. Wear a full suit.

What about a dress shirt, tie and dress pants without a jacket?

McDermit
10-06-2011, 12:45 AM
What about a dress shirt, tie and dress pants without a jacket?That's fine. An email went out suggesting nice slacks, conservative dresses, or skirts for women... and for men, a suit, a coat, or long sleeve dress shirt with dress slacks and a tie.

Khakis are too casual, so make sure you're wearing dress pants if not a suit.

rp08orbust
10-06-2011, 12:50 AM

The online/mail-in poll was canceled after Mitt Romney embarrassed the Family Research Council by winning it in 2007.

rp08orbust
10-06-2011, 12:51 AM
I wonder why such the low voting percentage.. Does that mean more people are actually going for the message, than to make a political statement..?

Who knows why more don't vote, but 1/3 voting turnout among those is in attendance is very typical at conferences like CPAC, SRLC etc.

freejack
10-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Anyone know where I can still get tickets for $10? I procrastinated and now found out they're not for sale online anymore. Was planning on going with my wife.

RonPaul101.com
10-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Anyone know where I can still get tickets for $10? I procrastinated and now found out they're not for sale online anymore. Was planning on going with my wife.

Email Rachel (rachel@ronpaul2012.com) and ask her if you can show up and get tickets that day with the campaign. They may allow it if they get a bunch of no shows.

Cain't hurt to ask. ;)