PDA

View Full Version : The Hill---Perry to Drop Out, Paul Could Be in Second Place?

Peace&Freedom
09-26-2011, 05:53 PM
When Rick Perry drops out: Ron Paul could be second place, Republicans enter the Wild West
By Brent Budowsky - 09/26/11 09:55 AM ET

I wrote in August that Rick Perry will self- destruct within 30 days. His prospects for the presidency were as phony as the fantasy of a two-person race was false. Perry is a phony conservative who is not conservative. He is a pay-for-play politician who gobbled up Obama stimulus like a hound dog eating a bone, and created oceans of new government jobs in Texas while his big donors mysteriously received big government contracts. The Texas deficit ballooned and the Texas jobless rate doubled on Rick Perry's watch.

I will not speculate about the reasons for Rick Perry' s strange, weird and incoherent debate performance. Major new negative stories about Perry will soon emerge in the media. Trust me. Perry will drop out long before the year ends. If he dropped out today Ron Paul could well be in second place. Will pundits say it is a two-man race between Romney and Paul?

This is the most unpredicable campaign in many years. One insider recently asserted that if the election were held today Obama would certainly lose. Nonsense. Obama would cream Perry. I laughed when media pundits lauded the buffoon Donald Trump for a month as the great Republican hope....

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/183807-when-rick-perry-drops-out-ron-paul-could-be-second-place-republicans-enter-the-wild-west

virgil47
09-26-2011, 06:37 PM
When Rick Perry drops out: Ron Paul could be second place, Republicans enter the Wild West
By Brent Budowsky - 09/26/11 09:55 AM ET

I wrote in August that Rick Perry will self- destruct within 30 days. His prospects for the presidency were as phony as the fantasy of a two-person race was false. Perry is a phony conservative who is not conservative. He is a pay-for-play politician who gobbled up Obama stimulus like a hound dog eating a bone, and created oceans of new government jobs in Texas while his big donors mysteriously received big government contracts. The Texas deficit ballooned and the Texas jobless rate doubled on Rick Perry's watch.

I will not speculate about the reasons for Rick Perry' s strange, weird and incoherent debate performance. Major new negative stories about Perry will soon emerge in the media. Trust me. Perry will drop out long before the year ends. If he dropped out today Ron Paul could well be in second place. Will pundits say it is a two-man race between Romney and Paul?

This is the most unpredicable campaign in many years. One insider recently asserted that if the election were held today Obama would certainly lose. Nonsense. Obama would cream Perry. I laughed when media pundits lauded the buffoon Donald Trump for a month as the great Republican hope....

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/presidential-campaign/183807-when-rick-perry-drops-out-ron-paul-could-be-second-place-republicans-enter-the-wild-west

You are correct in saying this is the strangest election in many years. Unfortunately the MSM will do its very best to ensure Ron Paul is relegated to also ran status. I'm coming to believe that if all of the other candidates dropped out the MSM would find a write in candidate to tout over him.

Jeremy
09-26-2011, 06:40 PM
If Perry drops out, someone else could get in. Or someone like Newt or Cain could move up. But his supporters have to go somewhere...

satchelmcqueen
09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
i perry drops the msm will just crown cain or anyone else as the second place guy. paul will never get that recognition unless something major happens.

remember guys, in 2008 it was down to paul and mccain for several months BEFORE the nomination was official. but the 2 never debated. mccain wouldnt do it. mccain pretended that ron didnt exists except for 1 instance on the daily show where he mentioned ron was still running, although he did it as a joke and in jest. te msm hardly recognized ron as being still int he race.

itll take a lot for paul to be given the second place he deserves or even first.

Rael
09-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Predictions about the future are a dime a dozen.

Peace&Freedom
09-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Here's what I wrote on this verbatim from a related thread:

Perry is going, or is done, even according to Morning Joe earlier this morning, and the Hill this afternoon. Paul's attack ad on him, and his unexpectedly raising the Gardasil and Gore connection issue in the debates took the MSM by surprise, and contributed to the exposure of Perry's fatal flaws faster than would have otherwise surfaced. As a result, the establishment's plan A is broken. I always have believed Romney was their real chosen one, but he needed 2-3 popular social conservatives (Perry, Bachmann, maybe Palin) to cancel each other out and split that vote in the early primaries, so Romney could squeak by like McCain did in 2008.

But Bachmann has already puttered out, Perry is sinking, Palin is still AWOL, and none of the other NWO/neocons (except, temporarily, Cain) is showing any fire. That leaves Romney and Paul as the only two with the money and support to go at it in a real two-man race. The elite media will try to push up one of the others, but they have no plausible basis (as none of them are winning anything, have any funds, and were already cast as lackluster by the media). That leaves the MSM no choice but to acknowledge Paul as a frontrunner, and deliver the coverage that comes with it.

The problem with the classic quote "first they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, and then you win" is that in 2007 the MSM found a fourth thing to do to stop Paul---they ran out the clock. They stalled giving him real coverage and kept him out of the polls all year, so that when his lack of visibility to the masses was reflected in the early primary results, they could go on ignoring or ridiculing him. If Perry and Bachmann's early collapse is any indication, THEY WON'T BE ABLE TO RUN OUT THE CLOCK THIS TIME. That means we are going past the ignore/ridicule stages, and into the fight stage, after which we're going to win. Better get ready for the ride!

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-26-2011, 08:44 PM
If Perry drops out, someone else could get in. Or someone like Newt or Cain could move up. But his supporters have to go somewhere...I see it as a combination of those. They're going to fill the Perry void as much as they can to drown out Dr. Paul. He can't be allowed an open playing field to compete with Romney. It already seems they have their excuse to elevate Cain again.

Peace&Freedom
09-26-2011, 09:45 PM
I see it as a combination of those. They're going to fill the Perry void as much as they can to drown out Dr. Paul. He can't be allowed an open playing field to compete with Romney. It already seems they have their excuse to elevate Cain again.

But, this time last month, they were elevating Bachmann based on her one Randy Travis tickets-bought Iowa win. Where is she now? Florida was the one state Cain worked extensively. He has less going for him than Bachmann, and will likely be where she is now by next month. The big flick is that each of the stronger social conservative contenders is floundering---there are no two strong rivals to split that bloc enough for the elite's 'moderate' candidate to win. The race is open this time, giving Paul the chance to emerge victorious.

moderate libertarian
09-26-2011, 10:24 PM
Then it would be Romney vs Paul.

Paul can take Romney out with smart strategy but he should let others attack him a bit for now.

I had a feeling Perry would fade away.

09-07-2011 10:27 PM
Things got interesting again, Perry will flop and lose his lead

Politicians are know to jib jab and give non answers, the guy was unable to give any clear and to the point answer in part of debate I watched. I predict field will become wide open again and Perry will lose the lead he started with.
Horrible debate questions approved by msnbc's neocon owners. Paul did well I think but he was not asked meaningful questions on issues he champions. Debate was a wash overall.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?314225-Things-got-interesting-again-Perry-will-flop-and-lose-his-lead&p=3538109

Napolitanic Wars
09-26-2011, 10:30 PM
Is it just me, or is "The Hill" the only newspaper (or whatever it is) that gives Ron a fair shake? I wouldn't have expected it with a name like that.

FreedomProsperityPeace
09-27-2011, 12:20 AM
But, this time last month, they were elevating Bachmann based on her one Randy Travis tickets-bought Iowa win. Where is she now? Florida was the one state Cain worked extensively. He has less going for him than Bachmann, and will likely be where she is now by next month.Hey, I didn't say they would be successful! :D

parocks
09-27-2011, 04:20 AM
Perry isn't out yet. He still needs to be hit repeatedly. He deserves it.