PDA

View Full Version : Future Money Bombs... should we? Will they be nearly as effective?

ClayTrainor
11-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Clearly today is a massive success... do you think money bombs are something we should do fairly frequently, or is it a one time deal, that probably wouldn't work that well if tried again?

jrich4rpaul
11-05-2007, 02:09 PM
Why not? It may be nothing like today, but still effective. Especially with the constant flow of new supporters.

jake
11-05-2007, 02:10 PM
less than "frequent", but definitely again in the future

Adamsa
11-05-2007, 02:10 PM
As long as the next one isn't so close to today then yeah, it could work with enough hype for another 2 million or so.

Taco John
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
The next one that I"m gearing up for is the Boston Tea Party.

I've got $100 to pledge as soon as the site for it goes live.

Paulitician
11-05-2007, 02:11 PM
We have another one in just a week (the 11th). I don't think it'll will be just as effective, but imo, if this one was such a huge sucess, it could be too. I think we should have one or two more after the Veterans day one. The days have to have meaning and anticipation to work.

ClayTrainor
11-05-2007, 02:14 PM
this is a great strategy... whoever thought of the money bomb should be real proud of themselves... they are possibly changing the course of history.

Mortikhi
11-05-2007, 02:15 PM
More moneybombs, yes.
List goals instead of hopes, no.

Primbs
11-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Yes. Another money bomb.

People get paid every two weeks or once a month. Out of that paycheck there is always discretionary income. The people are going to spend it some where, why not let it be us.

This is a once in a lifetime campaign. The Ron Paul campaign will be written in up in the history books. Now it is time for us to make more history. Be part of it.

There is always room for people to donate at least once a month.

Eric21ND
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
As long as there is an exciting theme to the event and a website to organize it from.

matthylland
11-05-2007, 02:16 PM
i think we should...the value of our money hasn't gone down. 430k still buys us as much airtime...now we can just have MORE.

this is no reason to stop giving.

Paulite5112007
11-05-2007, 02:27 PM
I've been following RP for a while now and think its as fantastic an idea to get behind as any i've heard. I plan to make my donation later this evening..however, me and my wife were thinking of another day for a money bomb and we thought that Black Friday might work if its marketed right. Something that ties RPs ideas about value of the dollar dropping? We thought something like

"Buy Freedom This Year - www.RonPaul2008.com"

Thoughts? To close to this one? I rather like the idea of the weekend of the Tea Party - but I feel a day push is better than a 2-day push.

njandrewg
11-05-2007, 02:44 PM
November 11: Veteran's Day
November 17: 1734 - John Peter Zenger was arrested for seditious libel and held in jail for ten months before his case went to trial. Alexander Hamilton represented him and despite heavy pressure from the Governor's judges, was found not guilty. This case was important for setting a precedent of freedom of the press before America became an independent nation.
November 19: Gettysburg Address
November 20: 1962 - The Cuban Missile Crisis officially ended when President Kennedy ended the quarantine against Cuba.
November 28: 1943 - Tehran Conference occurred during World War II between President Franklin Roosevelt, Winston Churchill, and Joseph Stalin
November 30: 1782 - The United States and Great Britain sign a preliminary peace agreement to end the Revolutionary War that would later become the Treaty of Paris.

DECEMBER
1: 1824 - Andrew Jackson and John Quincy Adams tied in the presidential election. The tie would be broken in the House of Representatives with what is called the Corrupt Bargain giving Adams the win. This was one of the most significant presidential elections in American History.
3: 1989 - Cold War ended today
5: 1933 - Prohibition ended with the ratification of the 21st amendment.
15: 1791 - The Bill of Rights was ratified
16: 1773 - Boston Tea Party occurred in protest to the Tea Tax before the American Revolution

Personally I don't think we should do anything after the 15th of December, to allow people to shore up funds for Q4 end of quarter push.

So far it looks like we have:
November 11th-Veteran's day

and probably need to have 2 week wait periods, so it looks like good alternatives are:
November 20th: End of cuban missile crisis, to show that diplomacy works
November 30th: Peace treaty to end Revolutionary war
December 15th: ratification of bill of rights

ronpaulyourmom
11-05-2007, 02:45 PM
I think the Boston Tea Party idea can have legs, otherwise we should do business as usual.

Bryan
11-05-2007, 02:48 PM
It's a ways off but we'll clearly still be going:
http://www.ThisApril15th.com
:D

free.alive
11-05-2007, 02:58 PM
idea ASAP. That could have much broader appeal and will represent a more universal 'stick it to the man' meaning than would the Bonfire Night event of today. Plus, the Tea Party is American and a major event toward our Revolution, while Guy Fawkes has a very loose connection.

How about we lure Ron Paul to Boston on Dec. 16th and convince the local Meetup to host a Tea Party Rally/Freedom Forum!?