PDA

View Full Version : RP should annonce Napoltiano as his VP

R3volutionJedi
09-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Ron Paul should announce Andrew Napolitano as his VP soon....Think about it, a lot of conservatives like the Judge. It would boost RP's numbers, right? He's at 10%-15% right now. I think it'd boost him to 15%-20%...idk, just thoughts. What do you think?

09-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Was addressed in the last debate. He's not thinking about a VP yet.

R3volutionJedi
09-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Was addressed in the last debate. He's not thinking about a VP yet.

yaaaaaayyy....I know. Fair enough. We'll get to #2 in the next few months.

InTradePro
09-26-2011, 02:17 PM
What a really bad idea. We want to win the nomination not make Dr Paul look unelectable.

KingNothing
09-26-2011, 02:20 PM
What a really bad idea. We want to win the nomination not make Dr Paul look unelectable.

Why do you think the judge would make Paul look unelectable?

gls
09-26-2011, 02:24 PM
I had to stop watching the Judge's show. The amount of undue praise he gives to establishment dirt bags is sickening.

InTradePro
09-26-2011, 02:26 PM
Why do you think the judge would make Paul look unelectable?

Pretty much, yes. It would make it much more difficult to connect with the establishment crowd. They have a hard time already. Paul could go with Jim Demint or similiar and it would bring them in.

PastaRocket848
09-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Exactly... The point of a running mate is to fill gaps in support. Nap wouldn't fill any gaps, just preach to the choir.

bb_dg
09-26-2011, 02:30 PM
We would need someone who is seen as more of a mainstream politician.

ctiger2
09-26-2011, 02:31 PM
The Judge kicks ass! Can you imagine the Judge talking to the American people? Holy Moly! Paul/Napolitano would be unstoppable.

RonPaulCult
09-26-2011, 02:33 PM
I think it's against republican party rules to announce a VP before getting the nomination

trey4sports
09-26-2011, 02:35 PM
The judge is great but he wouldn't get anywhere near the VP spot. He's too old and brings nothing new to the ticket. I think he has too much personal baggage as well.

PastaRocket848
09-26-2011, 02:54 PM
this, folks, is why internet posters != political strategists lol. terrible, terrible idea politically, although i do love his show.

trey4sports
09-26-2011, 02:55 PM
this, folks, is why internet posters != political strategists lol. terrible, terrible idea politically, although i do love his show.

lol, yup.

Bern
09-26-2011, 03:00 PM
Candidates dont announce running mates until after they win the party nomination.

jmdrake
09-26-2011, 03:07 PM
Candidates dont announce running mates until after they win the party nomination.

^This! I don't know what's with the obsession of picking a VP. We had this happening last cycle. Ron Paul has to win the nomination as Ron Paul.

justatrey
09-26-2011, 03:08 PM
This is at least better than someone who suggested Kucinich!

FWIW I like Kucinich as a person because he seems honest, but that would just be the ultimate fail.

Eric21ND
09-26-2011, 03:26 PM
I love the Judge, but he won't help us win any states. We need to win over Hispanic voters in places like Florida, Colorado, Nevada, New Mexico, and everywhere around the country. My favorite choice is Luis Fortuņo. He's young and fresh, has executive experience and private sector experience...that is the perfect person to balance out a Ron Paul ticket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gcExoF_qTo

bluesc
09-26-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm liking the sound of Fortuņo :) I'll have to look into him more.

Rothbardian Girl
09-26-2011, 03:33 PM
This is at least better than someone who suggested Kucinich!

FWIW I like Kucinich as a person because he seems honest, but that would just be the ultimate fail.
I don't know if it would be quite as much of a fail because Kucinich really can't do much in the VP slot, but I guess it probably would cause Ron Paul to lose some support from GOPers. Although, that is the dumbest thing I have ever read... refusing to pick someone because of their VP nomination.

Sola_Fide
09-26-2011, 03:43 PM
I had to stop watching the Judge's show. The amount of undue praise he gives to establishment dirt bags is sickening.

I think that is a lil over the top...

Iseek_knowledge
09-26-2011, 03:47 PM
http://i.imgur.com/f62xU.jpg

TICKET TO BEAT!

pauladin
09-26-2011, 03:50 PM
people would just mock paul for being presumptuous. it also just lets his opponents and other prominent republicans know that they have no chance of being his veep so they may be more reluctant to endorse him.

djruden
09-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Judge Nap is awesome but this idea is terrible. It would completely discredit Paul. Try to be realistic.

In a Paul presidency, Judge Nap would be better suited for the Supreme Court anyway.

Eric21ND
09-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Judge Nap is awesome but this idea is terrible. It would completely discredit Paul. Try to be realistic.

In a Paul presidency, Judge Nap would be better suited for the Supreme Court anyway.
No, he'd fit better as Attorney General.

Eric21ND
09-26-2011, 04:02 PM
I'm liking the sound of Fortuņo :) I'll have to look into him more.
Here's a longer interview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt0dQy0xXH8

iamse7en
09-26-2011, 05:53 PM

This.

Eric21ND
09-26-2011, 06:09 PM
This.
He's being personable. Some RP people could learn from it instead of burning bridges and name calling.

Esoteric
09-26-2011, 06:12 PM
gah, this thread is stupid. Napolitano will not win votes. DeMint would win votes. AND, there hasn't been a president in recent memory who announced a running mate before the primaries

Mises_to_Paul
09-26-2011, 06:18 PM
From a strategic viewpoint, it might be a good idea to try and hook in a Hispanic person who is "Tea Partyish", like Rubio or Fortuņo.

We don't need Ron Paul lite or Ron Paul v2.0 on the ticket. It should be strategic in nature, while not losing a lot on the principles and ideals of Ron Paul (i'll admit to not having studied either Rubio or Fortuņo at great length however, this might not apply to them on closer inspection for all I know).

Eric21ND
09-27-2011, 11:20 PM
From a strategic viewpoint, it might be a good idea to try and hook in a Hispanic person who is "Tea Partyish", like Rubio or Fortuņo.

We don't need Ron Paul lite or Ron Paul v2.0 on the ticket. It should be strategic in nature, while not losing a lot on the principles and ideals of Ron Paul (i'll admit to not having studied either Rubio or Fortuņo at great length however, this might not apply to them on closer inspection for all I know).
I agree, VP choice should be strategic. Rubio I don't think would work, he's too establishment and too neocon. Fortuņo has a better resume anyway having both, executive and private sector experience.

Ball
09-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Ron's VP needs to be:

1) A veteran

2) Credible

3) Secretly more radical than Ron as to avoid another JFK

Esoteric
09-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Can we just lock these 8 VP threads that have popped up? They're so unproductive, and a bit silly considering that we have a LOT of work to do, given recent polling.

TheLasersShadow
09-28-2011, 05:29 AM
I agree, VP choice should be strategic. Rubio I don't think would work, he's too establishment and too neocon. Fortuņo has a better resume anyway having both, executive and private sector experience. I'm tired of gimmicks like picking a female or minority, not that I have anything against them just that we should be picking people on ISSUES not Race or Gender!

Ron's VP needs to be:

1) A veteran

2) Credible

3) Secretly more radical than Ron as to avoid another JFK LOL your talking about Jesse Ventura, they'd NEVER touch RP with Ventura waiting in the wings! Though I'll bet it would be called the kook ticket my the MSM.

Napoltiano is a perfect pick so isn't Tom Woods!! I think Tom Woods even though he is unknown to the American people he is a solid speaker and great backup in case the mess with RP.

1000-points-of-fright
09-28-2011, 05:38 AM
I don't think Tom Woods would even come close to actually working in Washington. But if he did... Press Secretary. Imagine how those White House Press Conferences would go.

Krugerrand
09-28-2011, 06:01 AM
I'm fine with keeping this on the down-low until after Ron Paul wins the nomination:

John Mackey - Whole Foods founder
- successful executive experience
- leftist convert to Austrian Economics
- no political baggage
- an employer well liked by his employees

John Mackey wrote a letter in 2006 to all of his staff announcing that he would reduce his own salary to $1 a year, donate his stock portfolio to charity and set up a $100,000 emergency fund for staff facing personal problems. [....] "I am now 53 years old and I have reached a place in my life where I no longer want to work for money, but simply for the joy of the work itself and to better answer the call to service that I feel so clearly in my own heart."

Eric21ND
09-28-2011, 04:58 PM
I'm tired of gimmicks like picking a female or minority, not that I have anything against them just that we should be picking people on ISSUES not Race or Gender!

LOL your talking about Jesse Ventura, they'd NEVER touch RP with Ventura waiting in the wings! Though I'll bet it would be called the kook ticket my the MSM.

Napoltiano is a perfect pick so isn't Tom Woods!! I think Tom Woods even though he is unknown to the American people he is a solid speaker and great backup in case the mess with RP.
It's not a gimmick, nobody could help the ticket more than Fortuņo.