PDA

View Full Version : Calling voters for Ron Paul

yaz
09-26-2011, 01:20 PM
What are your experiences so far in calling primary voters? I just got off the phone from a gentleman from New Hampshire that chose Ron Paul as his 2nd choice of candidate below Mitt Romney. He started talking to me- even though I was trying to stick to the script. He basically said that he supports Ron Paul but doesn't want to vote for someone that he doesn't think can win. I told him that hopefully our momentum will continue and that his poll numbers will continue to rise from 3rd place nationally; I also told him that Ron Paul is polling 2nd in New Hampshire. He asked me what I think of Rick Perry. I told him that I'm from Texas and talked with him for a few more min about Perry. I kind of mentioned that Guilliani was polling high nationally like Perry and we saw what happened to him- that New Hampshire sets the momentum. The conversation went really well and I was highly uncomfortable because I really just wanted to stick to the script and move on- lol- but I didn't show that in my voice.

http://phone.ronpaul2012.com

InTradePro
09-26-2011, 01:21 PM
+Rep for doing the work with phoning!

Cabal
09-26-2011, 01:23 PM
If it were me, I would just consider the script a guideline of sorts, and would have no issues going off script to ENGAGE people on a case by case basis. People are individuals, with different perspectives, preferences, and predispositions--so no single script is going to be compelling or interesting to every single person you call. Going off script can be both beneficial and necessary in many cases, but you probably don't want to wander to far off...

yaz
09-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Once I told him that Ron Paul drinks Fiji water he was sold.